Page 244 of 327 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,100 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

This is people's logic right now I guess.... "I don't like Hill and I think he's bad so therefore when pop says he liked Hill (who played well in SA) he is obviously lying." Did I get that right?

I like Hill, but I see his flaws.

Sources: Suns offered Eric Bledsoe 4-year, $48 million contract. Bledsoe wants max of 5 years, $80 million. Sides far apart

— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 17, 2014
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sources: Suns offered Eric Bledsoe 4-year, $48 million contract. Bledsoe wants max of 5 years, $80 million. Sides far apart

If you've ever heard Bledsoe speak, you'll know why he wants max money. He'll be lucky to get a job anywhere after he retires. There was all kinds of chatter about how his grades were fixed so he could qualify to play in college, and when a law firm investigated, they discovered his transcripts had been destroyed right after he finished high school (even though state law required them to be kept on record for 3 years).

He'd be a great pickup, but we just don't have the money.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) July 17, 2014
    I LOVE me some chicago deep dish, but damn if I will spend 80$ for the pie!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

They knew what they were getting themselves into when they added him to their roster. This day was bound to come. I actually would do a sign and trade of Bledsoe to Indy because we wouldn't be paying all of that correct? Phoenix would pay some years and we'd pay some years right?

I'd do it only if Phoenix throws in one of the Morris boys with him. They can have West in exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I actually would do a sign and trade of Bledsoe to Indy because we wouldn't be paying all of that correct? Phoenix would pay some years and we'd pay some years right?
    Um, what? I'm pretty sure that if we did a sign and trade for him we'd take on whatever contract he agreed to, and they'd take on whatever contract we sent to them.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MUpaceSIC View Post
    Um, what? I'm pretty sure that if we did a sign and trade for him we'd take on whatever contract he agreed to, and they'd take on whatever contract we sent to them.
    Ok so tell me something.... if you moved West to Phoenix for him and one of the Morris boys? And then moved Hill to a team under the cap with nothing coming back, could we afford Bledsoe at that price without being over the tax? And could Phoenix and Indy collaborate to structure Eric's new deal where more money kicks in when Roy is off the books? Just asking.
    Last edited by Grimp; 07-17-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    Lol thanks Lakers. Was scared Indy might try and sign him
    I actually like the Kobe, Lin, Boozer core they have. No D but hey, the Lakers need to be entertaining this year.

Mood

Ok so tell me something.... if you moved West for him and one of the Morris boys? And then moved Hill to a team under the cap with nothing coming back, could we afford Bledsoe without being over the tax?
    Good lord dude, you just posed a hypothetical question with three different variables which have major loose ends. Even in 2K this would be ridiculous.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Ok so tell me something.... if you moved West for him and one of the Morris boys? And then moved Hill to a team under the cap with nothing coming back, could we afford Bledsoe without being over the tax?
    I believe as long as we take back the same or lesser value in contracts then we'd either be at the same total we're at now, or less. Since they have cap room we could actually send them more than we get back.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MUpaceSIC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Good lord dude, you just posed a hypothetical question with three different variables which have major loose ends. Even in 2K this would be ridiculous.
    Ok what I am saying is.......

If we traded them West and filler for Bledsoe (S&T) and one of the Morris books Markieff or Marcus? Taking on Bledsoe at his 5yr $80....would we be over the tax after that trade? And if so..... would moving Hill to a team who's under the cap, without taking back anything, put us back under the tax?

I believe as long as we take back the same or lesser value in contracts then we'd either be at the same total we're at now, or less. Since they have cap room we could actually send them more than we get back.
    Thanks. In that case, I'd look into it. The idea of Hill at PG next season makes me ill. Bledsoe and Miles is definitely a superb back court.

Well I think this was only a matter of time.

Source: Cavs now offering #1 pick Andrew Wiggins in trade offers for Kevin Love. @BobCavsinsider 1st to report

Why though? Cavs hold all the cards, Wolves have everything to lose. Why give up so many assets and gut your team, you'll end up looking like the Miami of last year.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Why though? Cavs hold all the cards, Wolves have everything to lose. Why give up so many assets and gut your team, you'll end up looking like the Miami of last year.

I actually agree, but this seemed to be the next step for talks to continue. If I were the Cavs I would offer Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters and all of their first round draft picks next year just to hang on to Wiggins. Irving, Wiggins, LBJ, Love, and Varejao would be an amazing starting lineup.

How many teams have money to even offer Bledsoe something like 4 for $48M? I think Bledsoe is in for a rude awakening.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Ok what I am saying is.......

If we traded them West and filler for Bledsoe (S&T) and one of the Morris books Markieff or Marcus? Taking on Bledsoe at his 5yr $80....would we be over the tax after that trade? And if so..... would moving Hill to a team who's under the cap, without taking back anything, put us back under the tax?
    West and Mahinmi, for example, together make 16M. We could trade them both in a sign-n-trade for Bledsoe making 15 million on a new deal, since it's within 15%. West alone wouldn't be.

But I am not sure where the 1st year salary of Bledsoe at the max would be. Probably the same as Chandler Parsons got. Under 15 by a bit, but up to that on average due to raises.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post

maybe LeBron stomped his foot and held his breath?

Could be Golden State's que to pull the trigger with Thompson and Lee. If I were Minnesota that would be my preference over a raw Wiggins and potential bust in Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    Could be Golden State's que to pull the trigger with Thompson and Lee. If I were Minnesota that would be my preference over a raw Wiggins and potential bust in Bennett.
    You would be the only one to prefer that.

I honestly don't understand for the Cavs... yeah Love is a great player but Wiggins can be something very special. If I recall Wiggins is a pretty good defensive player and that could help Lebron just focus on his offense and not have to guard the studs.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    I honestly don't understand for the Cavs... yeah Love is a great player but Wiggins can be something very special. If I recall Wiggins is a pretty good defensive player and that could help Lebron just focus on his offense and not have to guard the studs.
    James doesn't want to wait for Wiggins to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    Lebron controls everything now.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

I wonder if Phoenix gets frustrated and just moves him to focus on Dragic. Maybe he takes a two year contract and skips out on the Suns.