Page 228 of 321 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 8016

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What wrong with him having to resign according to his market worth? No other team was going to pay Wade 15 million a year. Thats just insane. With his injury history this is a guy that is probably only worth 10 mil per year at most. You know there are consequences to opting out of your deal. You might have to negotiate a new deal. I also don't view it as an unselfish move, if they went according to plan then they would have resigned for more guaranteed years. So it was a trade off, and the reasons for doing so was very self serving.
    I'm not sure what you are upset about. It was pretty obvious to everyone that Wade opted out as a favor to Riles - there was no way he was getting more money than what he opted out from. Things didn't work out as they hoped, but now Riley is paying that favor back.

Are you upset that there is an unofficial agreement? Or are you upset that Riley won't act like a ruthless ******* after having gotten Wade to opt out?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post

Pure speculation. Just like many on here that know the Pacers were bidding against themselves when George Hill was signed.

And your statement isn't pure speculation? Got any proof to show that Walsh wasn't bidding against himself?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post

is interested in Gooden if and when CHI amnesties him.
    Hadn't heard of that one. Where did you see it?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    What authority do you have this from? That's an awfully broad statement to make when it really is only backed by " your hope". It only takes ONE team who wants Stephenson. If he's as great as so many posters/fans believe he is, why wouldn't another team feel the same and do what is necessary to sign him?
    Authority? None. Just observation.

Sure, some team could do something out of left field and offer an unreasonably large contract, or trade away assets to get low enough under the cap to offer something better than the Pacers are. That most certainly COULD happen.

But the writing is all over the wall and it is pretty clear in my opinion; teams are too afraid of Lance's personality and behavior to commit the number of years and the amount of $ that it would take to tempt him away from the Pacers offer.

For the umpteenth time, any interest we may or may not have in any amnestied player is irrelevant. As an over-the-cap team, we are not allowed to sign any amnestied player, unless every single under-the-cap team first passes on him, even at the minimum salary.

So people saying that we have any interest in Boozer are making crap up out of thin air.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    Bosh will make 20.5ish mil. 35.5 mil, maybe closer to 33 mil if they pay Haslem out of that 15 mil as well.

By the way, Paul George + Hibbert will be at almost 31 mil. So yeah, the Spurs number looks pretty sweet.
    The Spurs number looks pretty sweet because Leonard is still on his rookie deal. That will change significantly on his next deal.
    "In 49 states it's just basketball ... but this is Indiana."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rousea24 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rousea24 View Post
    The Spurs number looks pretty sweet because Leonard is still on his rookie deal. That will change significantly on his next deal.
    That Could Have Been Us
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Lebron's team has won the division every year from 08-09 to present. Obviously my comment about him winning 50 games with nothing but scrubs is hyperbole, but in reality Cleveland is better than complete scrubs. They can't be that much worse than the unimpressive Heat team that Lebron carried to 54 wins last year with Wade only playing 54 games. I'd be shocked beyond belief if Cleveland won less than 50 games this year. The Pacers have a chance because they obviously won more games than Lebron's team this past year, but they're going to have to have an awesome season.

Winning 50 games is winning 61% of their games. Be prepared to be shocked beyond belief.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rousea24 View Post
    Obviously. The Spurs are an example of what happens when players agree to take a haircut and draft well.

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

Zach Lowe Article - Free Agency Winners and Losers
    http://grantland.com/features/2014-n...ndler-parsons/

Some parts I found interesting:
    Loser: Atlanta Hawks

No one will take Atlanta’s money, despite a good core of players, a very good coaching staff, and an innovative style of play Mike Budenholzer has only just begun installing. Some stars won’t even meet with them. I almost wanted to hug Budenholzer when I saw him in Vegas. The most common theory among insiders for Atlanta’s lack of appeal is that players see the Hawks as a dull franchise with a dead crowd and a limited postseason history that almost always involves NBA TV.

That will turn around at some point, but just about everyone Atlanta has approached so far rebuffed the Hawks’ invitation to get in on the ground floor.
    Indiana. Something is about to break here. Indy is only about $3 million under the tax, and Stephenson remains unsigned in a shrinking market. Every minute he sits out there lowers his return price and raises the possibility that some wild-card team just says, “Screw it, let’s see if we can just outbid Indiana or take a short-term flier on him.”

The Pacers can open up a bit more breathing room under the tax, and with the Heat blown apart, shaking up a proven core is riskier than it was a week ago. This is the biggest unsolved mystery left as free agency rolls on.
    The whole article is in the Spoiler below:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    For the umpteenth time, any interest we may or may not have in any amnestied player is irrelevant. As an over-the-cap team, we are not allowed to sign any amnestied player, unless every single under-the-cap team first passes on him, even at the minimum salary.

So people saying that we have any interest in Boozer are making crap up out of thin air.
    I don't know all of those in's and out's. I have been quoting something posted on Hoopshype :

"Indiana is among the teams that definitely have interest in bringing in Carlos Boozer if hes waived by the Bulls via the amnesty provision. New York Daily News
    Rumors tagsChicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, Carlos Boozer
    - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/indiana_pacers#sthash.2KP5w9xs.dpuf"

So, according to you NY Daily News is wrong.

You wrong? They're wrong? What's a brother to think?

Mood

Hadn't heard of that one. Where did you see it?
    Sorry, It's Boozer, not Gooden.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I'm just curious as to who you think would win the division as things are now? I don't see Cleveland getting there in year 1 with Lebron and Wiggins. I don't see the Bulls doing it either with Gasol if they still waive Boozer, between Gasol and Rose the odds are against them in the injury race. The Pistons and Bucks will be better but I see only one of them making the playoffs and not a threat to dethrone us in the division.
    I still think the most likely outcome is that we keep Lance to the current offer or a similar offer with fewer years. If we stand pat I think we're still the favorite to win the division and the East although the division just became the toughest division in basketball.
    Not IND. Not with this roster.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    If Boozer is amnestied, we cannot bid on him. Only teams under the cap can bid on amnesty players. If no under the cap teams want him, even at a minimum salary, then we could talk to him. Fat chance.
    Thanks for the clarification. I got that info from Hoopshype.

Indiana. Something is about to break here. Indy is only about $3 million under the tax, and Stephenson remains unsigned in a shrinking market. Every minute he sits out there lowers his return price and raises the possibility that some wild-card team just says, “Screw it, let’s see if we can just outbid Indiana or take a short-term flier on him.”

The Pacers can open up a bit more breathing room under the tax, and with the Heat blown apart, shaking up a proven core is riskier than it was a week ago. This is the biggest unsolved mystery left as free agency rolls on
    http://grantland.com/features/2014-n...ndler-parsons/

19. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Mood

AND YOU DO! What makes you such an authority on NBA BB where others are just ingnorant about the NBA?
    I know everything. It's really boring to be me.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    Not IND. Not with this roster.
    So what are you thinking will be the records? Are you one of the ones expecting us to be in the lottery next year, or do we just barely make the playoffs and go out in the first round against Cleveland?

Not specific to this reply, but I love how every other team seems to get the "someone has to prove they can beat them" benefit of the doubt while the Pacers get the "everyone else got better on paper so the Pacers are doomed" scenario.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

I guess, I'm not sure Grantlands right about that though. I don't see why there is anymore urgency now than there has been, especially for the Pacers. Either side could blink at anytime, but it seems like the price has been set. I'd be much more nervous if I was Lance or his agent. I keep thinking we'll hear that Lance fires his agent. Otherwise. whether if its enough.... If it aint, it aint.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Obviously. The Spurs are an example of what happens when players agree to take a haircut and draft well.
    Is that all it takes? A buzzcut or a fade?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cramerica For This Useful Post:

I'm guessing that Lance will tell the Pacers if he gets a better offer in the hopes that they'll match it or get closer. I can't see him just signing with Team X without giving us a little heads up. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but I still he think he wants to be here if the money is close.

As far as Boozer to Indiana is concerned, why? He might be an upgrade to Scola at this point, but is a back-up to West really one of our most glaring holes? Because West and Boozer playing together would be atrocious defensively. Right now, we have poor wing depth.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Last year is a team option to keep the KD to Washington dream alive.

I think that's a fair price for Humphries.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post

That's a solid price, speaking of Gooden, a great replacement for him, really only 2 years if you want.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post

Crap. Deal Mahinmi or Scola and he could have been on our bench.