Page 210 of 327 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Houston IMHO is just messing with Dallas. Im gonna guess that they match at 11:59pm. the Mavs essentially are frozen from making moves until the Rockets make a decision.
    Joke will be on Houston when they have $23M tied up in two SFs that probably can't play together. I think the Rockets won't match... just a hunch.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

ance Stephenson has yet to make his free-agency decision, but according to the Indy Star's Mark Ambrogi, Paul George wants him back with the Indiana Pacers:

"I was a restricted free agent so I didn't have to go through this," George said at his youth basketball camp at Avon High School on Saturday. "So this is really up to Lance but I do want Lance coming back. I love being teammates with Lance. If he needs any words or anything to talk about, I'm always here for Lance."

George said he has talked to Stephenson a little bit since the season ended.

"I know how stressful this can be," George said. "I don't want to add more to it. Whenever he wants to come out to me, I'm there."

LeBron James' return to the Cleveland Cavaliers has opened the door for every other team in the Eastern Conference. The Pacers should be in good position to replace the Miami Heat as top dogs, but their late-season collapse has incited doubt, leaving many to wonder if they're traveling backwards.

Losing Stephenson would certainly hurt the cause of a team that is already facing so many other questions.

Huh...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brett Poirier NBA ‏@BrettNBA 8s

Luol Deng has committed to the Miami Heat, reports @ShamsCharania.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 13s

Free agent forward Luol Deng has agreed to a two-year, $20 million deal with the Miami Heat, league source tells Yahoo Sports.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

now the only real suitor for Lance left is Dallas.... Charlotte has said they don't want Lance that is why they signed Williams... now we wait.. again

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Luol Deng has agreed to a two-year, $20 million deal with the Miami Heat, reports @WojYahooNBA.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    now the only real suitor for Lance left is Dallas.... Charlotte has said they don't want Lance that is why they signed Williams... now we wait.. again
    Atlanta MIGHT be in the mix.... I doubt it, but I think they still have cap room to fit him in.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA now
    Deal will include a player option on the second year of Deng's deal, source tells Yahoo.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Luol Deng has agreed to a two-year, $20 million deal with the Miami Heat, reports @WojYahooNBA.
    The Heat are once again a contender in the East.

I'm not terribly scared of the Heat sans-LeBron, but I have to grudgingly admit that they have done about as good a job at picking up the pieces in an insanely fast period of time as you could possibly do.

They will likely still be a pesky opponent.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk 2m

Report: Dallas, Charlotte only other serious suitors for Lance Stephenson so far outside Indiana http://dlvr.it/6JyhFl

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    They're a playoff team, but they aren't getting out of the east again. 4-5 seed.

Their gaping hole at pg suddenly matters now. Norris Cole and Napier is as bad a combo as you'll find anywhere.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-13-2014 at 02:38 PM.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

They're a playoff team, but they aren't getting out of the east again. 4-5 seed.

Their gaping hole at pg suddenly matters now. Norris Cole and Napier is as bad a combo as you'll find anywhere.
    Chalmers may come back, right? Norris Cole is a weak spot for them...but with Bosh, Deng, Wade and potentially a healthy Granger they could be a load. Haslem is also signed.

if Houston matches, which I don't think they will but you never know, then I expect Lance to be a Maverick... if not Lance will be a Pacer

Mood

Wait a minute, the Heat were characterized by Lebron having to be borderline God-like to carry his team as far as they went. They then lose Lebron and add Luol Deng and they are still contenders? Color me skeptical.

This may be bold, but I see Miami as a 6-7-8 seed type team. They will have to deal with Chicago, Indiana, Cleveland, Charlotte, and Atlanta who I believe will be better than them. You also have Brooklyn and New York who can get hot I suppose.

Look at Miami's team. Their best big is Chris Bosh. They used their draft pick on Shabazz Napier and I don't see any free agent still available that can give them 25-30 minutes and rebound the ball. They are also much less athletic which hurts their ability to trap, cause turnovers and run for easy buckets. This is a really flawed team without much chance to make substantial improvements IMO.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Chalmers may come back, right? Norris Cole is a weak spot for them...but with Bosh, Deng, Wade and potentially a healthy Granger they could be a load. Haslem is also signed.
    If this were 2009 that team would be a load. Expecting Granger and wade to play most of the season helathy isn't realistic.

Bosh should have better numbers, but he was the only one sacrificing better production next to lebron. Wade can't bring it like that anymore.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Wait a minute, the Heat were characterized by Lebron having to be borderline God-like to carry his team as far as they went. They then lose Lebron and add Luol Deng and they are still contenders? Color me skeptical.

This may be bold, but I see Miami as a 6-7-8 seed type team. They will have to deal with Chicago, Indiana, Cleveland, Charlotte, and Atlanta who I believe will be better than them. You also have Brooklyn and New York who can get hot I suppose.

Look at Miami's team. Their best big is Chris Bosh. They used their draft pick on Shabazz Napier and I don't see any free agent still available that can give them 25-30 minutes and rebound the ball. They are also much less athletic which hurts their ability to trap, cause turnovers and run for easy buckets. This is a really flawed team without much chance to make substantial improvements IMO.
    I think that BlueNGold is being sarcastic when he says that the Heat are contenders again.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Going back to have a read at the draft thread is extra hilarious now. People were pissed that the Heat were able to snag the immortal Shabazz Napier.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post

You make good points and could be right. If things fall into place for them though, I think they fall around #3 or #4 in the east. We are talking the Eastern Conference. The Wizards were probably the third best team last year.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Miami had better hope for Phoenix Suns level medical cures for most of those guys. Otherwise, the biggest load some of them are going to drop will be in the bathroom.

Next stop June 2015

I think that BlueNGold is being sarcastic when he says that the Heat are contenders again.
    Not joking. It all depends on health as Tom White implies. They are only contenders if DWade is healthy and Granger rebounds from his knee issues. So...I would say it is a stretch but adding Deng who is a really good player to a team with Wade, Granger, Bosh, Haslem and potentially other pieces Riley adds, they could be very good. I think people are discounting how much talent the Heat had beyond LeBron James. Again, this is the east we are talking about and the Pacers may well lose Lance Stephenson.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    "I know how stressful this can be," George said. "I don't want to add more to it. Whenever he wants to come out to me, I'm there."
    I doubt Lace comes out until after he signs his contract.

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA about 6 minutes ago
    NBA competition committee begins two days of meetings today in Vegas. Lottery reform a top agenda item.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA about 6 minutes ago
    NBA competition committee begins two days of meetings today in Vegas. Lottery reform a top agenda item.
    If the competition committee put through a change in the draft lottery process, would the players union have to approve it?

Has nothing to do with the players union. This is different from elegibility requirements or rookie pay scales.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

If he was he fooled me. I mean it isn't like they are going to be a 20 win team or something.