Page 180 of 327 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

  1. #4476
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.



  2. #4477

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kendall Marshall was a 1 win share player this year and is playing in the Summer League.

    Lin was a 5.4 win share player 2 seasons ago a 4.4 win share player last season with a higher PER than Marshall.

    I disagree completely.

    Lin won't help the Lakers is my point stupid trade.

  3. #4478
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Something I haven't seen anyone mention.... HOW are the Cavs gonna afford this team????!!!!!????

    With Irving making 100 million , Lebron gonna be maxed out at 100+ , Varajao @ 9.7 million this coming season , then with the rest of the team .. I just don't see HOW at first thought ...without them going severely into the LT ... so there is NO WAY they are going to trade Wiggins for Love its not possible money wise
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  4. #4479
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,612

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They gotta pay the dude 15 million!
    who cares? Lakers gotta pay SOMEbody, may as well get an asset out of it.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  6. #4480

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They gotta pay the dude 15 million!
    They made 70 million more profit than any other team, to a total of 100 million. So I don't think they really care.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  8. #4481
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,426

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lakers have the same GM they have a new owner(Buss's son)
    Mitch kupchak plays GM. Lol.

    But you're totally right
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

  9. #4482
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lin won't help the Lakers is my point stupid trade.
    Who can the lakers sign for 1 year (that wont blow up their master 2015 plan) that will take that kind of deal and would be better than Lin + 1st? This is a great trade for the Lakers.

  10. #4483
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,426

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no one wants Lance besides us.
    Tells ya something
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

  11. #4484

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They gotta pay the dude 15 million!
    They don't care as much about expenses as they do winning. Winning in that market generates a ton of revenue. Not to mention having the most famous active Asian player on your team is a financial boon. See Ming, Yao.

    For the Bucks, it would be a bad move. For the Lakers, it's a no brainer

  12. #4485

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something I haven't seen anyone mention.... HOW are the Cavs gonna afford this team????!!!!!????

    With Irving making 100 million , Lebron gonna be maxed out at 100+ , Varajao @ 9.7 million this coming season , then with the rest of the team .. I just don't see HOW at first thought ...without them going severely into the LT ... so there is NO WAY they are going to trade Wiggins for Love its not possible money wise
    This team won't be paying tax yet. Eventually I'm sure they will get over it, Dan Gilbert doesn't seem to mind spending a lot of money.

  13. #4486
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Keep in mind that the Lakers have no first round pick next year, since its only top 5 protected for next season and Kobe won't let them be a bottom 5 team.

  14. #4487

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.



  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  16. #4488

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This team won't be paying tax yet. Eventually I'm sure they will get over it, Dan Gilbert doesn't seem to mind spending a lot of money.
    Irving only makes 85 million for the rookie contract.

  17. #4489
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,612

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frank Vogel with his new 3-point threats CJ Miles and Damjan (Damo) Rudez. pic.twitter.com/KlR43MXppz
    — Mark Montieth (@MarkMontieth) July 11, 2014
    Frank: CJ, you believe this big dude thinks I'm gonna give him minutes?
    CJ: haha, right? you cool with me taking Lance's locker?

    shoot me in the face.

  18. #4490

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irving only makes 85 million for the rookie contract.
    They'll have to extend rookies down the road. And / or sign more veterans. I'm sure they'll get over tax in a couple year. Anyway, it's Dan Gilbert. He's as frugal as Marc Cuban. I don't think money will be a problem.

  19. #4491
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,481

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    James Dolan logic. I need Carmelo, I offer everything.

    A smart team doesn't negotiate against itself. If someone offers Minnesota anything close to Wiggins in value, I'll agree. Until then, I strongly disagree.
    This is not James Dolan logic. We are talking about pairing the number 3 guys in win shares last year with the number 2 guy in win shares last year. This is not pairing Carmelo Anthony with Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudamire with a walker, and Ray "Buffet" Felton. This is pairing Kevin Love with Kyrie Irving and Lebron James. You move heaven and earth to make it happen. Andrew Wiggins has not played a game!

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. #4492
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,575

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something I haven't seen anyone mention.... HOW are the Cavs gonna afford this team????!!!!!????

    With Irving making 100 million , Lebron gonna be maxed out at 100+ , Varajao @ 9.7 million this coming season , then with the rest of the team .. I just don't see HOW at first thought ...without them going severely into the LT ... so there is NO WAY they are going to trade Wiggins for Love its not possible money wise
    The Cavs repeatedly went into the LT during his 1st stint there.....of course they are going to go into LT with him there.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #4493
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor choice of words...I know that they have the option to match and make an offer for both Bosh and Parsons.....I'm questioining whether they will go over the LT.
    Lost 29 million in salary trading away Asik and Lin, added around 35 for Bosh + Parsons, so + 6 million- they should be JUST under it by a hair.

  22. #4494
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,991

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Cavs repeatedly went into the LT during his 1st stint there.....of course they are going to go into LT with him there.
    right , but this was BEFORE the new CBA where it doubles the LT penalty each year doesn't it? to keep teams from doing like the cavs had previously done..

    Like I said absolutely no way they trade Wiggins for Love.. they CANT financially now period ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  23. #4495

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are the Lakers thinking? Why would they want Lin?
    Seeing as Gasol isn't going to be there (right?), isn't Lin the second best player on the Team right now? Honestly, the Lakers need talent. I don't even know who else is on that team besides Nash and Kobe.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  25. #4496

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is not James Dolan logic. We are talking about pairing the number 3 guys in win shares last year with the number 2 guy in win shares last year. This is not pairing Carmelo Anthony with Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudamire with a walker, and Ray "Buffet" Felton. This is pairing Kevin Love with Kyrie Irving and Lebron James. You move heaven and earth to make it happen. Andrew Wiggins has not played a game!
    Are there statistical anomolies with win shares? I love Kevin Love's game, but he's never really led a team to anything. The point behind win shares is that the player helps you win games, right? Shouldn't a guy who puts up a massive win share...win a bunch of games? I'm just ignorant as to the stat, and if it's really relevant.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Eindar For This Useful Post:


  27. #4497
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,575

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    right , but this was BEFORE the new CBA where it doubles the LT penalty each year doesn't it? to keep teams from doing like the cavs had previously done
    The new CBA is not designed to keep Teams from doing what the Cavs are doing now....it is designed to highly discourage what the Cavs are doing now....huge difference there.

    Of course KLove will sign an extension going to Cleveland....factor that in with LeBron's MAX contract and Kyrie's MAX Rookie Contract......the Cavs will figure it out and do what they need to do to pay all 3. If they go over the LT....that's the way it is.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-11-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  28. #4498
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,844

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers get more 1 year rentals like Boozer and/or Stoudemire. They can get stockpile picks for taking them on and try to rebuild with picks/cap space next year.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  29. #4499
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,238
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seeing as Gasol isn't going to be there (right?), isn't Lin the second best player on the Team right now? Honestly, the Lakers need talent. I don't even know who else is on that team besides Nash and Kobe.
    Uhh...Julius Randle and Robert Sacre I think are the only other players on the roster atm.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  30. #4500
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something I haven't seen anyone mention.... HOW are the Cavs gonna afford this team????!!!!!????

    With Irving making 100 million , Lebron gonna be maxed out at 100+ , Varajao @ 9.7 million this coming season , then with the rest of the team .. I just don't see HOW at first thought ...without them going severely into the LT ... so there is NO WAY they are going to trade Wiggins for Love its not possible money wise
    Irving's hit this season should only be 7 million... they are around 26 under the cap right now. 6 million under the cap + wiggins' hold + bennett's contract should equal Love's salary. Then andy comes off of the books next season so they can do 15 for kyrie 22 for LBJ and 18-20 for love and still be fine as long as Thompson and Varajeo combined come in under 9 million if they don't want to be a tax team and they can just spend all of the 9 on andy anyway (doubtful) or let thompson go and get someone for the MLE and resign andy.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •