Page 179 of 327 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

  1. #4451
    --------- freddielewis14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, I doubt they'd give up Wiggins. It would be a lame thing to do when they have a bunch of other assets. Heck, they can offer Miami's 1st round pick, Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, add a few more picks. Who can top that? The best rumored offer I've heard about was Klay Thompson and David Lee? Cleveland can easily top that and keep Wiggins, Kyrie and Varejao.
    If that's the best deal now, keep Love until trade deadline.

  2. #4452

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I misread that at first. No Wiggins, no deal if I'm Minny.
    Dwight, CP3, Melo or DWill didn't land any asset of Wiggins caliber. They can say no, but if Cleveland holds firm, eventually the Wolves will have to relent.

  3. #4453
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,274

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, I doubt they'd give up Wiggins. It would be a lame thing to do when they have a bunch of other assets. Heck, they can offer Miami's 1st round pick, Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, add a few more picks. Who can top that? The best rumored offer I've heard about was Klay Thompson and David Lee? Cleveland can easily top that and keep Wiggins, Kyrie and Varejao.

    Kyrie
    Wiggins
    LeBron
    Love
    Varejao

    Meet your 2014-15 Cleveland Cavaliers.
    The TWolves know that KLove is the main selling point for LeBron......to echo Trader Joe....they would be stupid not to ask for Wiggins at the very least in return for KLove.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. #4454

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    expect bosh announcement soon



  5. #4455
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.




    So Lakers probbaly out of the Lance race.

    But Mavs back in as the Rockets are expected to match Parsons deal now. But also rumor was that Dallas was never that interested in Lance.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #4456

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    So Lakers probbaly out of the Lance race.

    But Mavs back in as the Rockets are expected to match Parsons deal now. But also rumor was that Dallas was never that interested in Lance.
    just saw Mavs are looking at Deng and Ariza

  7. #4457

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the Lakers new GM wasn't such a dumbass he would go after Isiah Thomas. The Kings are practically letting it be known that he is utterly available.
    Lakers have the same GM they have a new owner(Buss's son)

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  9. #4458

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    no one wants Lance besides us.

  10. #4459

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The TWolves know that KLove is the main selling point for LeBron......to echo Trader Joe....they would be stupid not to ask for Wiggins at the very least in return for KLove.
    They'd be stupid not to ask, yes. But asking is not the same as getting. The Cavs would be stupid to give him, considering what other superstars got traded for in recent years. LeBron is signed. Love is expiring. The Wolves don't have much leverage, unless some other team suddenly jumps in and offers a bank. That hasn't happened so far.

  11. #4460

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    I think Lance ends up in Charlotte. It'll be the only place left that'll offer him at least $10 million. Better for them to overpay him then to come up empty this summer.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  12. #4461
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,236

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    So Lakers probbaly out of the Lance race.

    But Mavs back in as the Rockets are expected to match Parsons deal now. But also rumor was that Dallas was never that interested in Lance.
    The Lakers still will have about $18 to $20 million in cap space.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  14. #4462

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Damn what if Chicago gets Melo? Are we basically Lance's only option at that point? Unless I would guess Charlotte could go after him

  15. #4463

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn what if Chicago gets Melo? Are we basically Lance's only option at that point? Unless I would guess Charlotte could go after him
    I don't think Melo is gonna leave all that money on the table.

  16. #4464
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,274

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    So Lakers probbaly out of the Lance race.

    But Mavs back in as the Rockets are expected to match Parsons deal now. But also rumor was that Dallas was never that interested in Lance.
    So, the Rockets can send a MAX Offer to Bosh AND match Parsons offer from the MAVS?

    Even after dumping Lin....do they even have the CapSpace?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  17. #4465
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,876
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1.) If the Cavs let Wiggins derail them getting Love, then they are idiots.

    2.) If the Wolves don't insist on getting Wiggins if they are going to give up Love, then they are idiots too.
    I disagree with #1. Wiggins will help reduce LeBron's stress on defense. LBJ can always take the easier match up. The Cavs need a stopper like Wiggins to play with LBJ.


    I am not sure a trio of Irving, Love, LBJ plays enough defense to win a championship.


    I would not give up Wiggins to get Love.

    I would offer any of my 4 1st rd draft picks and any player besides Wiggins and Irving. Wiggins is going to thrive playing with LBJ IMO. It would be a huge mistake to trade him IMO.

  18. #4466

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lin would be a downgrade from Kendall Marshall!?!?!
    He's not an upgrade either.

    Outside his brief stint with the Knicks he was never that impressive.

  19. #4467
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,274

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with #1. Wiggins will help reduce LeBron's stress on defense. LBJ can always take the easier match up. The Cavs need a stopper like Wiggins to play with LBJ.
    I think the Cavs should trade for Corey Brewer as well....he'll easily fill the Battier role on the Cavs.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #4468
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, the Rockets can send a MAX Offer to Bosh AND match Parsons offer from the MAVS?

    Even after dumping Lin....do they even have the CapSpace?
    They don't need cap space since they are matching Parsons offer because he as RFA. His cap hit is low right now because he is a RFA, so they have the cap space to /sign/ Bosh and then match Parsons, which puts them over the cap.

  21. #4469
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with #1. Wiggins will help reduce LeBron's stress on defense. LBJ can always take the easier match up. The Cavs need a stopper like Wiggins to play with LBJ.


    I am not sure a trio of Irving, Love, LBJ plays enough defense to win a championship.


    I would not give up Wiggins to get Love.

    I would offer any of my 4 1st rd draft picks and any player besides Wiggins and Irving. Wiggins is going to thrive playing with LBJ IMO. It would be a huge mistake to trade him IMO.
    Wiggins hasn't even played a game in the NBA yet, meanwhile Love had the 3rd highest win shares in the league last year. If you have to give up Wiggins to get Love then you do.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  23. #4470
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,486

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    What are the Lakers thinking? Why would they want Lin?
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  25. #4471
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's not an upgrade either.

    Outside his brief stint with the Knicks he was never that impressive.
    Kendall Marshall was a 1 win share player this year and is playing in the Summer League.

    Lin was a 5.4 win share player 2 seasons ago a 4.4 win share player last season with a higher PER than Marshall.

    I disagree completely.

  26. #4472
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,319

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are the Lakers thinking? Why would they want Lin?
    they get a 1st for free

  27. #4473
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,486

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they get a 1st for free
    They gotta pay the dude 15 million!
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  28. #4474
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,274

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They don't need cap space since they are matching Parsons offer because he as RFA. His cap hit is low right now because he is a RFA, so they have the cap space to /sign/ Bosh and then match Parsons, which puts them over the cap.
    Poor choice of words...I know that they have the option to match and make an offer for both Bosh and Parsons.....I'm questioining whether they will go over the LT.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  29. #4475

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1.) If the Cavs let Wiggins derail them getting Love, then they are idiots.

    2.) If the Wolves don't insist on getting Wiggins if they are going to give up Love, then they are idiots too.
    James Dolan logic. I need Carmelo, I offer everything.

    A smart team doesn't negotiate against itself. If someone offers Minnesota anything close to Wiggins in value, I'll agree. Until then, I strongly disagree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •