Page 172 of 327 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obviously he knows all of the attention is on him. All of the attention is always on him no matter what he does. Even after the Spurs won the finals, LBJ and his next move was in the news just as much as the Spurs' championship story. I'm sure he's used to all of that by now.

Bron is also smart enough to know that many other decisions will not be made, until he makes a decision. Is he dragging his feet a tad on this? Hell yes. But this is also a big decision that will affect his family and his career over the next 4-5 years.

I just don't take it as he's taking this opportunity to garner more attention for his name and his brand. Because once he makes a decision, he will receive the same attention regarding his decision and regarding the future prospects of whatever team he is a part of. It's not like once he decides where he's going to play - we are going to hear about LBJ less. Hell if he goes back to the Cavs we may hear about the guy even more.

We've just gotten spoiled in this day and age of twitter and "sources" that we want big news NOW.

Lebron has made more now than his great grandchildren can spend. This big decision that has to be made for his family is being milked as an excuse to drag it out for Lebron's ego to be stroked some more.

He lives now in Miami, has lived in Cleveland, so he's quite familiar with these cities and what they offer to his family. He's not deciding whether to move to Portland, Minnesota, Boston, etc. where he has to REALLY think about making a decision for his family. He's milking this for all it's worth, plain and simple! You think when this contract ends it won't be the same again, a 3-peat? LOL! The only thing bigger than Lebron's ego is his arrogance, and both those are bigger than the whole universe.

If I was Bosh, I'd take Houston's offer as I don't see Miami being able to win another CH again. He's got a great opportunity to win one in Houston, especially if Parsons returns. W/O a doubt in my mind Lebron would then jump ship and go to Cleveland where he'll have some good young talent to play with. That way he can play the KING RETURNITH card for more ego stroking.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 07-11-2014 at 10:38 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I get the feeling that LeBron might be playing Gilbert and dropping the letter in his face in front of everyone so Cavs fans divert their anger at him instead.
    Looks like Wade and Riley have maybe done some last minute mind changing, so now Lebron's camp is floating the Gilbert letter out there to take the attention away.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I get the feeling that LeBron might be playing Gilbert and dropping the letter in his face in front of everyone so Cavs fans divert their anger at him instead.
    Maybe, but it doesn't work that way with identity and sports fandom. But then again, LeBron (and most professional athletes) has no idea what it is like to be a fan of any sports team because he imagined himself as a player since he was old enough to understand. Kids tend to know if they are elite at about age 10, sometimes even earlier.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Looks like Wade and Riley have maybe done some last minute mind changing, so now Lebron's camp is floating the Gilbert letter out there to take the attention away.
    Yeah, that sounds about right for a plan from the skilled PR mind of Maverick Carter.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FrenchConnection For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Do you really think he doesn't know all the focus is on him? I wonder who else he will have to tell about his big decision next or what the next hold up for not announcing it will be if he doesn't sign today...

He's just went about his decision a lot smarter then he did four years ago. Less obvious attention seeking, but I have no doubt he's trying to get the maximum attention and mentions without getting "burned" for it like happenned last time. He could have easily told his conclusion to his family via for example phone or Skype or whatever, but nope HE has to tell his whole family in person what HE is going to do for the coming years, seriously?

I just don't buy it. I think he's going around it very smartly, so he's obviously getting much better advice how to maximize the attention for the brand and image of LBJ this time around.
    And after losing in the finals....well, no one is talking about that loss now...it has switched to where does he go...what does he do next.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

I'm missing the letter reappearing somewhere references here. What happened???

I have no idea if James and Wade are intent on cutting Bosh out of Miami or not. however, if Bosh has the offer on the board that is being rumored from Houston, I would be shocked if he doesn't sign it and go anyway. Pretty nice homecoming package, no? Bosh has a better chance of making a championship run with Houston than anywhere not with the Heat from last season. Houston does need to put some pressure on him before time runs out to match and keep Parsons, imo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Broussard had a story this morning about how the letter is still a major issue for Lebron, i.e. it appears that the Lebron camp is strategically floating the letter out there to put the attention back on what Gilbert did 4 years ago.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...e-lebron-james

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I definitely think this part of it was planned.
    It will take the anger of the Cavs fans away from him and direct it to Gilbert when he announces he is staying in Miami
    Last edited by Tom White; 07-11-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Mood

My prediction: Lebron goes back to Miami and doesn't announce anything, until he gets to Brazil. They will interview him at the soccer game and he will just say: "I'm playing in Miami, why are you guys asking?". Takes the spotlight off of the soccer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    It didn't reappear. There has been a link to it on the Cavs website for four years.

I don't think think too many Cleveland fans will hold the letter against Gilbert. They were just as furious (if not more so) as Gilbert was. If LBJ doesn't go back after they got their hopes up, they'll HATE him with more passion than ever. Cavs fans may not love the letter now obviously, but they weren't mad he wrote it at the time.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby33 View Post
    My prediction: Lebron goes back to Miami and doesn't announce anything, until he gets to Brazil. They will interview him at the soccer game and he will just say: "I'm playing in Miami, why are you guys asking?". Takes the spotlight off of the soccer game.
    There is nothing LeBron could do that would take the spotlight off of the World Cup.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to freddielewis14 For This Useful Post:

I hate Lebron

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

I really hope that whatever contract he signs is for more than 1 or 2 years, so we don't have to see this whole thing play out again in the near future.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    It didn't reappear. There has been a link to it on the Cavs website for four years.
    There are several Cavs fans that are very adamant the letter was taken down 3 years ago. They said the story about the Cavs finally taking the letter down was fabricated by someone from the Heat. They say a former Cavs employee confirmed the letter was taken down years ago.

I have no source for this info and it may be completely false. I read in on a Cavs board.

I've just never really seen a group of athletes who milk attention like this 2003 draft class of Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Melo.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I've just never really seen a group of athletes who milk attention like this 2003 draft class of Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Melo.
    The only thing I can think of to compare is Brett Favre.

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    I think Jordan did this a lot too. Retiring, un-retiring, baseball. I don't remember it all too well though. Another thing is that there wasn't the social media impact back then too.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I do not think it is a matter of these guys milking attention, I think it is the media just going completely crazy. I haven't heard Melo or Lebron say a word.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by freddielewis14 View Post
    Yes, but the Packers pushed Farve out the door to start all of that. The A-Rod trade saga (when he went to the Red Sox and then didn't and went to the Yankees instead) was pretty annoying as well, but MLB free agency happens during a more busy time of the sports year. I know that most on here love Payton Manning, but his free agency pretty much absorbed the BSPN conservation for a few months but he has a real PR team who managed the story. The fact that one player makes more difference in basketball than in any other sport coupled with LeBron's inept advisors who consist entirely of dudes he probably has sleepovers with in the 6th grade make his free agencies the worst in North American sports history.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I do not think it is a matter of these guys milking attention, I think it is the media just going completely crazy. I haven't heard Melo or Lebron say a word.
    They don't need too. Who do you think all these "sources" are? This whole thing is a PR game.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I would have to think that "sources" are a lot of the time controlled leaks from LeBron's camp. I just imagine them all sitting in a suite in the Bellagio giggling, with LeBron saying "OK, Rich you call Sheridan and tell him that I'm going to Cleveland, 100%! Now, Maverick you call up Brousard and talk a a lot about the letter. I'll pop another bottle of Kristal and we'll watch ESPN News all night. This is so FUN!"

The reason why Lebron and Melo is holding out because thats what the NBA wants them to do. There is nothing else to talk about other than this. Lebron is still the star of sportscenter and he isn't even playing lol

You don't think that Gilbert story was strategically given to Broussard by Lebron's camp?

The media is definitely obsessive on an almost creepy level, but these players just soak it up.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: