Page 171 of 327 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you really think he doesn't know all the focus is on him? I wonder who else he will have to tell about his big decision next or what the next hold up for not announcing it will be if he doesn't sign today...

He's just went about his decision a lot smarter then he did four years ago. Less obvious attention seeking, but I have no doubt he's trying to get the maximum attention and mentions without getting "burned" for it like happenned last time. He could have easily told his conclusion to his family via for example phone or Skype or whatever, but nope HE has to tell his whole family in person what HE is going to do for the coming years, seriously?

I just don't buy it. I think he's going around it very smartly, so he's obviously getting much better advice how to maximize the attention for the brand and image of LBJ this time around.
    I'd agree. NIKE knows how to promote! If he actually attends the World Cup games, er matches this weekend, he'll be put in a place where he can be seen. Get tons of camera time (not like if it was in America, but still). NIKE baseball cap, International audience, crazy exposure. Its like a free commercial for his sponsors.

I'm completely guessing, making this up, but it seems feasible to me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do you really think he doesn't know all the focus is on him? I wonder who else he will have to tell about his big decision next or what the next hold up for not announcing it will be if he doesn't sign today...

He's just went about his decision a lot smarter then he did four years ago. Less obvious attention seeking, but I have no doubt he's trying to get the maximum attention and mentions without getting "burned" for it like happenned last time. He could have easily told his conclusion to his family via for example phone or Skype or whatever, but nope HE has to tell his whole family in person what HE is going to do for the coming years, seriously?

I just don't buy it. I think he's going around it very smartly, so he's obviously getting much better advice how to maximize the attention for the brand and image of LBJ this time around.
    Obviously he knows all of the attention is on him. All of the attention is always on him no matter what he does. Even after the Spurs won the finals, LBJ and his next move was in the news just as much as the Spurs' championship story. I'm sure he's used to all of that by now.

Bron is also smart enough to know that many other decisions will not be made, until he makes a decision. Is he dragging his feet a tad on this? Hell yes. But this is also a big decision that will affect his family and his career over the next 4-5 years.

I just don't take it as he's taking this opportunity to garner more attention for his name and his brand. Because once he makes a decision, he will receive the same attention regarding his decision and regarding the future prospects of whatever team he is a part of. It's not like once he decides where he's going to play - we are going to hear about LBJ less. Hell if he goes back to the Cavs we may hear about the guy even more.

We've just gotten spoiled in this day and age of twitter and "sources" that we want big news NOW.

I don't fully get this for PHX. They already have 2 good PG's. What's another I guess? lol

And I wish the Pacers could go after Isaiah. I love his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post

I don't fully get this for PHX. They already have 2 good PG's. What's another I guess? lol

And I wish the Pacers could go after Isaiah. I love his game.

I think we will get Bledsoe or Dragic. I know you guys hate it when I speculate but we have recently been connected in talks with Phoenix for Dragic. And then they go and try and woo one of the NBA's best young point guards to sign with them. That means Bledsoe or Dragic are gone. Either they will trade Dragic to us, or they will trade us Bledsoe. Bledsoe and Thomas would be the quickest back court in the league probably.

He's going to make his announcement on top of that giant Jesus statue.

The holdup is that Jim Gray is deathly afraid of heights.

Plus Nike isn't finished with the LeBron head they are going to put on the "new and improved" statue.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Obviously he knows all of the attention is on him. All of the attention is always on him no matter what he does. Even after the Spurs won the finals, LBJ and his next move was in the news just as much as the Spurs' championship story. I'm sure he's used to all of that by now.

Bron is also smart enough to know that many other decisions will not be made, until he makes a decision. Is he dragging his feet a tad on this? Hell yes. But this is also a big decision that will affect his family and his career over the next 4-5 years.

I just don't take it as he's taking this opportunity to garner more attention for his name and his brand. Because once he makes a decision, he will receive the same attention regarding his decision and regarding the future prospects of whatever team he is a part of. It's not like once he decides where he's going to play - we are going to hear about LBJ less. Hell if he goes back to the Cavs we may hear about the guy even more.

We've just gotten spoiled in this day and age of twitter and "sources" that we want big news NOW.
    It's almost hard to hear about other big name FA's so to say he's not getting more attention now then previously is something I think is simply not true. He's been in the spotlights, completely. No one even comes close to the attention he's garnering now. I wouldn't be surprised to see news helicopters waiting for him near the airport in Miami, filming him when he dives off to... Like I said he's become a lot more business smart and his team around him is a gazillion more times smarter then what he had around him 4 years ago. You are right, we didn't hear from him or his agent. There was no need for it. At. All. With the way they went around it this time.

You would think people would actually become annoyed about such an amount of interest and pressure beying put on one human beying and actually speed up his decision to be able to breathe a bit again. Instead he's dragging his decision on and, mind you, he's done so in the past. That tells me that the likeliness of other motives or agenda's beying a part of what we are seeying now is high and it's not by accident. His team formulated a strategy to garner as much mentions and attention as he can to improve his brand (and of his sponsors, good catch, Speed) and I believe that's what we are seeying in the here and now.

I'm not saying he's the devil, but I am saying what is happenning comes across as pretty deliberate to me.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I think we will get Bledsoe or Dragic. I know you guys hate it when I speculate but we have recently been connected in talks with Phoenix for Dragic. And then they go and try and woo one of the NBA's best young point guards to sign with them. That means Bledsoe or Dragic are gone. Either they will trade Dragic to us, or they will trade us Bledsoe. Bledsoe and Thomas would be the quickest back court in the league probably.
    It could also be their plan B with regards to Bledsoe, offcourse. Do we know how the talks between those two have gone? Anything? Have we heard anything about the Suns willingness to possibly pay the max for Bledsoe in the past? Maybe they are indirectly asserting pressure on Bledsoe or they expect another party is preparing a hefty bid for him. Could be a lot of reasons why the Suns are doing this.

Isaiah Thomas lit us up last season. He's a guy I wouldn't mind on our team for pure scoring ability.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Wouldn't that be rich "Larry Bird signs Isaiah Thomas"

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just a side comment that has no real right place. If LeBron goes to Cleveland, and Melo ends up in Chicago... we wont get another division championship for awhile, haha.

When you make four straight Finals with the same team, it just seems like you would relish the opportunity to continue dominating your conference. If I was Lebron, I wouldn't want to be the one who was responsible for ending the Heat's run. Instead, I would want to keep it going until another team in the East proved that they could knock me out, which no one has done through four years. I would be relishing the opportunity to get back to the Finals and hopefully meet up with the Spurs again to avenge the loss.

The suns have been trying to sign Bledsoe to a deal all summer. I don't think we can automatically assume the Suns are trying to make a deal with the Pacers. I have no doubt they're trying to make a deal with one of their PG's, but It may not necessarily be with us.

Quote Originally Posted by kmjohnson View Post
    Just a side comment that has no real right place. If LeBron goes to Cleveland, and Melo ends up in Chicago... we wont get another division championship for awhile, haha.
    If Rose had been healthy the last 2 seasons the Pacers wouldn't have won the Central. If Rose is healthy next year, even without Melo, Chicago will win the Central.

The next chance for a Pacers championship is when all these current superstars retire. Pacers need to hit the lottery for the next 5 years and then go for it. Next year we're going to see a 6th seed or so and a first round ext.
    Here we come lottery?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love P For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Love P View Post
    If Rose had been healthy the last 2 seasons the Pacers wouldn't have won the Central. If Rose is healthy next year, even without Melo, Chicago will win the Central.

The next chance for a Pacers championship is when all these current superstars retire. Pacers need to hit the lottery for the next 5 years and then go for it. Next year we're going to see a 6th seed or so and a first round ext.
    I shouldn't have said that. Pacers are going to win it all next year.
    Here we come lottery?

Notice that this isn't even green. Go fans.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post

I can't think of any source I trust less than a fans' message board.

IN-LAWS

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=Mourning;1886821]It's almost hard to hear about other big name FA's so to say he's not getting more attention now then previously is something I think is simply not true. He's been in the spotlights, completely. No one even comes close to the attention he's garnering now. I wouldn't be surprised to see news helicopters waiting for him near the airport in Miami, filming him when he dives off to... Like I said he's become a lot more business smart and his team around him is a gazillion more times smarter then what he had around him 4 years ago. You are right, we didn't hear from him or his agent. There was no need for it. At. All. With the way they went around it this time.

You would think people would actually become annoyed about such an amount of interest and pressure beying put on one human beying and actually speed up his decision to be able to breathe a bit again. Instead he's dragging his decision on and, mind you, he's done so in the past. That tells me that the likeliness of other motives or agenda's beying a part of what we are seeying now is high and it's not by accident. His team formulated a strategy to garner as much mentions and attention as he can to improve his brand (and of his sponsors, good catch, Speed) and I believe that's what we are seeying in the here and now.

I'm not saying he's the devil, but I am saying what is happenning comes across as pretty deliberate to me.[/QUOTE

Sad commentary on people really.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

"If Rose had been healthy the last 2 seasons, the Pacers wouldn't have won the Central" is basically like saying that the Titanic would have made it to New York if only it hadn't hit that iceberg and sank to the bottom of the ocean. Yeah, it's probably true, but at the end of the day it's a "what if" that didn't happen. Rose hasn't played a full season since 2010-11, almost four years ago. Even in the 66 game lockout season, Rose only played in 39 games. He of course followed that up with 0 games in 12-13 and 10 games in 13-14. That's 49 games in three seasons. Even if he can somehow make it through next season injury free, I don't see any way in which he can magically go out and play at his old MVP level after missing so much basketball over the last couple of years. He'll be a good player if healthy, but I don't think he's going to go out there and light it up like it's 2011. He's going to need a couple of years of consistent healthy ball before he can get into that rhythm again.

I'm still not really scared of Chicago at all.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 07-11-2014 at 09:47 AM.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    I still feel there is a chance that Lebron and Wade want Bosh out, so he is just waiting on him to sign with Houston, and then he'll go back to Miami....wouldn't surprise me.

So McBob is Bosh's replacement? Has Lebron figured that out? LOL!

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    When you make four straight Finals with the same team, it just seems like you would relish the opportunity to continue dominating your conference. If I was Lebron, I wouldn't want to be the one who was responsible for ending the Heat's run. Instead, I would want to keep it going until another team in the East proved that they could knock me out, which no one has done through four years. I would be relishing the opportunity to get back to the Finals and hopefully meet up with the Spurs again to avenge the loss.
    Ya, but he can't necessarily just wait until that point to leave. He is a free agent now, so now is when he should evaluate his options. Plus I can't imagine the hate he'd get if he left after not making the finals for the first time...

"As soon as there is a little adversity, LeBron just gets out of town"

I get the feeling that LeBron might be playing Gilbert and dropping the letter in his face in front of everyone so Cavs fans divert their anger at him instead.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Mood

I really thought that LeBron had matured a bit over the last four years to the point where he would handle this as a professional but I guess not. You have to think that what this is all about is LeBron and Wade wanting Bosh out and Mello in. So they trick Bosh into opting out and LeBron's "agent" starts spreading rumors that he is going back to Cleveland to get Bosh to sign the Houston contract. Then He'll go back to Miami with a less than max contract so that he can unite the real superfriends and have three or so really fun winters playing with his best buds. And to all those people in Cleveland, he and a Greek choir led by Dan LeBatard and made up of the entity of the well-tanned citizens of Miami-Dade County well inform then once again that "it's just business." I'm not saying that he should go back to Cleveland, but at the very least he should have handled it all much better but I guess this is what you get when your besties from middle school are your entire advising team.

[QUOTE=owl;1886837]
    It's almost hard to hear about other big name FA's so to say he's not getting more attention now then previously is something I think is simply not true. He's been in the spotlights, completely. No one even comes close to the attention he's garnering now. I wouldn't be surprised to see news helicopters waiting for him near the airport in Miami, filming him when he dives off to... Like I said he's become a lot more business smart and his team around him is a gazillion more times smarter then what he had around him 4 years ago. You are right, we didn't hear from him or his agent. There was no need for it. At. All. With the way they went around it this time.

I'm not saying he's the devil, but I am saying what is happenning comes across as pretty deliberate to me.[/QUOTE

Sad commentary on people really.

Yeah, I'm glad LBJ would, obviously, be so totally above all of this. Offcourse, he doesn't have a precedent in any way, form or shape...

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I get the feeling that LeBron might be playing Gilbert and dropping the letter in his face in front of everyone so Cavs fans divert their anger at him instead.
    Not to mention fleeing the country as soon as he makes his announcement.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Eindar For This Useful Post:

You almost feel he's definitely going back to MIA now huh

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post: