Page 164 of 327 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

How is LeBron milking this? He's not making a big show like the last time. People are doing this themselves.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This makes me relieved the NFL had nothing like this happen.

I mean even when Manning was an FA it wasn't this bad or it didn't seem that way because he wasn't milking the spectacle like LeBron is.
    If Lebron chooses Miami now he will crush Cleveland fans hearts twice now by letting this drag on so long and not nipping it right away.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    I don't see enough pieces from the Bucks to make sense, might be a 3 team trade with a more proven player(s) going to Indy.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

there's gonna be some riots in the streets when this announcement is made
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    How is LeBron milking this? He's not making a big show like the last time. People are doing this themselves.
    Well ESPN is but yes at least he's not hosting a 1 hour decision special I'll give him that. I guess I really should fault the NBA in general over this letting an entire league be held hostage by one free agent decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I don't see enough pieces from the Bucks to make sense, might be a 3 team trade with a more proven player(s) going to Indy.
    Henson/Mayo?

that photo doesnt seem legit...those cars are too nice...gainfully employed people aint hanging out on LBJs lawn like that

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    that photo doesnt seem legit...those cars are too nice...gainfully employed people aint hanging out on LBJs lawn like that
    It was verified by Cleveland reporters.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

It was verified by Cleveland reporters.
    Are they going to set up tents and camp in that grassy area until the announcement is made?

Sports Logo

Hopefully not for Larry Sanders' awful contract.

Any way we could get Henson and Mayo for Hibbert?
    Sanders is paid $11 mil per year for the next 4 years. I don't like the length......but $11 mil per year for a Starting quality Center....is reasonable. That's right in the wheelwell for Starting Quality Centers.

The real issue with Sanders is not his contract IMHO.....it's his on and off court issues.

As for Mayo....my God...no.

I'd prefer Hanson as well....but I am guessing that the Bucks prefer him over Sanders.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    There's enough pieces to make a lot of lateral moves between the Pacers and the Bucks.

They have 2 Quality Centers that they can move in exchange for our Starting Center.....they have a backup center that they can move ( if Mahinmi is moved )....they have a platoon of Wing and forwards that can be moved ( if Copeland is moved ).

We're talking about Lateral moves here......not any moves where the Pacers will come out ahead in trade value.

IMHO....the Bucks would be looking to correct the Sanders and Mayo signings while likely dumping salary. Most of the Players that the Bucks have on their roster have salary that lasts beyond the 2014-2015 season.

The problem is that this could end up being another MurphLeavy type trade where the Pacers Salary Cap is adversely affected over the next 2 to 3 seasons.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-10-2014 at 06:26 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    There's enough pieces to make a lot of lateral moves between the Pacers and the Bucks.

They have 2 Quality Centers that they can move in exchange for our Starting Center.....they have a backup center that they can move ( if Mahinmi is moved )....they have a platoon of Wing and forwards that can be moved ( if Copeland is moved ).

We're talking about Lateral moves here......not any moves where the Pacers will come out ahead in trade value.

The problem is that this could end up being another MurphLeavy type trade where the Pacers Salary Cap is adversely affected over the next 2 to 3 seasons. Most of the Players that the Bucks have on their roster have salary that lasts beyond the 2014-2015 season.
    Although a trade of Roy for Sanders, for example, would free up enough $ for Bird to increase his offer to Lance without going into the tax.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

IMHO....the Bucks would be looking to correct the Sanders and Mayo signings while likely dumping salary. Most of the Players that the Bucks have on their roster have salary that lasts beyond the 2014-2015 season.

The problem is that this could end up being another MurphLeavy type trade where the Pacers Salary Cap is adversely affected over the next 2 to 3 seasons.
    None of these moves makes us a better team so I don't see Larry having any interest in them. He's not going to move out contracts to pay Lance more money. I don't think the offer he's put on the table has anything to do with how much room we have to work with, it's simply the max he thinks Lance is worth.

Entering day 12 of the Lebron/NBA hostage standoff...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Although a trade of Roy for Sanders, for example, would free up enough $ for Bird to increase his offer to Lance without going into the tax.
    Sanders and Lance breaks the 2 knucklehead rule though.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

Entering day 12 of the Lebron/NBA hostage standoff...
    11:01

if he gets on that plane to Brazil without picking a team, the national media is going to skewer him.

if he gets on that plane to Brazil without picking a team, the national media is going to skewer him.

No more than they are now

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    None of these moves makes us a better team so I don't see Larry having any interest in them. He's not going to move out contracts to pay Lance more money. I don't think the offer he's put on the table has anything to do with how much room we have to work with, it's simply the max he thinks Lance is worth.
    Maybe it lets Bird give Lance more per year on a shorter contract - ~$22M over 2 years?

Sports Logo

That's a possibility.....but I don't get the sense that Bird is going to budge on the $$ figure that he gave Lance. He's said it all along....he had a dollar figure in his head for how much Lance is worth ( which....UNFORTUNATELY is not the same as how much his market value will end up being ).

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, this has nothing to do with anything wrong LBJ is doing, so long as he doesn't come out to make the announcement on another prime time show. He's handling it no differently than any other FA with multiple offers, it's the media and fans who have no patience.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    No more than they are now
    no, right now they're poking fun at the situation, If he takes a plane to Brazil and essentially puts this on hold for at least several more days, it's going to turn into frustration and resentment.

Wishful thinking!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    My response in regards to possibly making moves by trading with the Bucks has no bearing on Lance's offer.

I was just responding to Cactus Jax that thinks that the Bucks don't have any assets to trade for. I think that moves could be had that won't make us any worse ( if we are only talking about moving pieces like Hibbert, Copeland and/or Mahinmi )....I just think that we'd end up in a worse financial situation over the next 2 to 3 seasons if something like this comes to fruition ( hence why I am hesitant to do so ).

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Yeah, this has nothing to do with anything wrong LBJ is doing, so long as he doesn't come out to make the announcement on another prime time show. He's handling it no differently than any other FA with multiple offers, it's the media and fans who have no patience.
    He isn't your typical free agent with multiple offers though. He has 32 teams and many NBA players with money on the line waiting on a decision.

I'm not saying he needs to have a 1 hour special but he could at least tweet something out saying something. Even if it's just something along the lines of "This is a big decision and I appreciate everyone's patience."

Just my opinion.
    "What people think of as the moment of discovery is really the discovery of the question." -Jonas Silk

29. The Following User Says Thank You to perryb85 For This Useful Post: