Page 162 of 327 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

I bet that there will be an announcement around prime time tonight. Lebron will want to dominate the TV waves tonight and be the water cooler topic at the office on Friday. I don't see him waiting until a summer weekend when people are outside and distracted.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy will never run out of people to blame. There is, however still hope that the real "selfish dude" will grow up. Loosing Lance won't make anyone better.
    I am not sure what your point is here? We looked better in the playoffs in 12-13 then we did in 13-14, and Lance was a glorified 5th option at best during that season, so I just don't understand where all the "if we lose Lance we are a 6th seed at best" stuff comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    I am not sure what your point is here? We looked better in the playoffs in 12-13 then we did in 13-14, and Lance was a glorified 5th option at best during that season, so I just don't understand where all the "if we lose Lance we are a 6th seed at best" stuff comes from.
    I never said that. If we loose Lance, we have a big hole to fill. Roy should be blamed for his own issues,not Lance.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    I never said that. If we loose Lance, we have a big hole to fill. Roy should be blamed for his own issues,not Lance.
    Where did I blame Lance for Roy's issues?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Roy would play better without Lance. His production was at its highest when Lance was playing off the ball.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

If he was the locker room cancer there is one way we would be better.
    The one good thing about that is that it would end the "how big of a cancer was Lance?" debate one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    News!

For how much money?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    For how much money?
    Probably $25 million the way this free agency has gone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The problem with the "but we were good team in the East prior to Lance's breakout season" argument is that a major reason for us being so good in 2012-13 was that David West had an absolutely fantastic season for us that year. Will he be good again next year? Yeah, he should still be a very good player, but sooner or later he's going to hit a steep decline. Roy/West/Hill/PG/filler should be good enough to get a good seed next season, but keeping Lance isn't just about next season. It's about keeping a core piece who can grow with PG in the prime of his career, well after the vital piece of David West is out of the picture.

Lance was still a pretty solid player in 12-13 and having him was better than no Lance at all. Also, I don't think it can be denied by anyone that the best this team ever looked was when they were 33-7 and dominating the league. Lance's evolution played a major role in that. He was absolutely awesome. Now there is no question that he absolutely let the AS stuff get into his head and rubbed his teammates the wrong way. He got too selfish and he must work on that. But overall, I see a guy who has grown up quite a bit over the last couple of years. Just two years ago, he was famous only for giving a choke sign to Lebron James. Then all of the sudden he's getting major all-star hype and playing for a big contract after watching all of his teammates get paid. That's a lot to digest for a 23 year old. Regardless of what one thinks about his personality, I don't think that anyone can deny that he puts a lot of time into his game. It's a gamble that we must make, IMHO. Yes, we can survive next year without him, but this is about the future, not just one year. Id be stunned if he already hit his peak at age 23 with just two years of heavy minutes under his belt.
    Obviously Lance hasn't hit his peak. He will be a fine player moving forward. I just don't think he's a franchise altering, annual All Star either. I think that's where the disconnect is. Everything considered, I would like to keep Lance if we can. I may not like his game, nor his antics, but losing producing out of your starting lineup is always something you would like to avoid if possible. Especially from a team that was a top team in the East last year. I just don't want to have to pay him 10-11 Million a year to keep him. He's just not good enough to warrant that type of contract IMO. As you said, it's not just about next year - but the future as well.

I don't buy the whole, "he's young" thing. He's played in the NBA for 4 years now. If he can't handle being "snubbed" out of the AS game (which there were other individuals just as qualified that didn't make it) how do we expect him to handle not getting that large $12 Million contract right out of the gate? We have catered to this kid from Day 1. From a guaranteed contract for a 2nd rounder, to not cutting him when he had a run-in with the law as a no-name bench warmer, to giving him time to develop on the bench, to sticking with him through all of his on court antics, and post ASG selfish play last year. He's had it pretty good here, especially for a troubled second rounder coming out of Cincy. So the whole "it's a lot to digest for a 23 yr old" doesn't fully resonate with me I guess. He's a professional, and has been for 4 years.

I think if Lance were the rare level of talent as he's projected by some on PD, then we would have seen him have the same treatment/interest that the other FA wings have received. I mean were his antics THAT bad to cost him $7 plus million? During the regular season he humped the air, and got into a fight with Evan Turner. During the playoffs he blew in Lebron's ear, clotheslined Norris Cole, and said some dumbshit to the press about DWade and his knee. If he was thought to be the next great player, wouldn't some GM have chalked that up to youth, and thrown some major cash at him already? ESPECIALLY after the reports of him feeling slighted by the Pacers offer?

I do agree. We need to have a nice core that can grow with PG as he continues his stardom. But why would you want to overpay for a guy after a breakout season in a contract year, when you've shown that you can be successful with that same guy in a very limited role? Especially when you're star player has improved dramatically since that time.

At the end of the day, it'd be nice to re-sign Lance without overpaying. Then we take the chance that he does become that annual AS that many believe he is. If he does become that player, then on his NEXT contract, he can be paid accordingly. But that's a bit of a gamble to take if he becomes the next JR Smith as opposed to the next Russel Westbrook.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 07-10-2014 at 04:48 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

For how much money?
    Bi-annual exception

15. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

I have yet to see Mannix reporting this tho

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

lol I love Lance and don't blame him for thinking he can get more money, but to get paid less if nothing else works....LOL :X

Taking back our original offer would be an absolutely terrible business decision.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

This summer might make a good case study for all the rookies coming into the league every year. Here in real millions of dollars is the price of being a knucklehead. NBA teams are willing to spend millions of dollars on the chance that you will become a good player, but they are much less interested in spending that money if you don't look like a solid citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I am pretty amazed that Parsons and Hayward are getting such love and nothing for Lance publicly. Ariza is getting more interest than Lance, if you listen to what's being floated out there. I wonder if Lance's 'agent' is not massaging this like the big time agents.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post

Yeah he didn't tweet it, but Mannix was on 1070 in Indy about 5 hours ago according to his twitter so maybe he said it then?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

If the Lakers lose on Melo, I look for them to make Lance an offer.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post

Besides Dirk who would Dallas have that the Rockets would want?

It is way too soon to argue that nobody will up the ante on Lance.

If he has no offer 3 days after the LBJ/Bosh/Parsons/Hayward/Gasol situations are all settled, then I'd believe it. Lots of pieces to the puzzle are still the box.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Besides Dirk who would Dallas have that the Rockets would want?
    its irrelevant now. The offer sheet has been handed over to Houston so a trade is impossible. Either they match or they don't.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post

Sports Illustrated's Chris Mannix: Stephenson likely to return to Indiana. Maybe they can offer him less than the original offer now.
    — Craig Pearson (@TribStarCraig) July 10, 2014
    I think its still way to early to say that at all. Other wings still not landed like Ariza. Lakers, Bulls or Charlotte could do it anytime after the dust settles.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Taking back our original offer would be an absolutely terrible business decision.
    As I said earlier, that's a good way to insure Lance comes back pissed off. And he'd be absolutely right to do so. It now occurs to me that would be UNLESS the original offer was made with a limited time attached (which would also have been a stupid business decision, but still...)
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    If the Lakers lose on Melo, I look for them to make Lance an offer.
    Wouldn't Kobe be too ball dominant to benefit much from playing with Lance, and also who guards the SFs?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    I can understand waiting to decide. What I don't understand is repeatedly setting times where he decides and then deciding to wait longer.
    It's called stringing you along, b/c of the rush it gives Lebron's ego.

A big reason the team looked better in '13 was Roy being in the dumpster in '14, and not any notion of Lance's lessor role making the team better the year before.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    So, if we replace four of our starters with bench-level players/headcases, we can be major contenders?
    Remember who you are responding to.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.