Page 161 of 327 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron just wanted to test his servers before the actual announcement. Test failed.
    Maybe if he would actually announce his decision and sign a contract he could afford to upgrade from some crappy Shared Hosting package to a Dedicated Server somewhere...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    People seem to forget that we were a good team in the East prior to Lance's breakout season last year. We went to the ECF with Lance being a glorified 5th option glue guy. GH (the guy you seem to underestimate) showed that he can produce at a higher level that season. Roy and West are former All Stars. And PG has made a quantum leap as a player since then.

Losing Lance could hurt, but only if the rest of the team were to not step up. But lets not act like Lance is the poster boy for playing hard and all-out hustle. If that were true, there would be multiple teams reaching out to him with large like they are to Parsons, Hayward, Ariza, etc. He has his sloppy, "i-give-up" moments just as much as any other player.

Lance brings versatility, ball handling, among other things. He has talent, and certainly has value. But it's not irreplaceable value. But it's not impossible to think that his production could be replaced by other guys stepping up.

We need to see how the rest of the FA period and off-season shake out before we imply utter doom on the Pacers and their playoffs hopes.

I will say though; the overestimation of Lance gets silly at times. You would think we hadn't had any playoff success prior to last season with some of the comments that were made (not directed at Sparhawk)

The problem with the "but we were good team in the East prior to Lance's breakout season" argument is that a major reason for us being so good in 2012-13 was that David West had an absolutely fantastic season for us that year. Will he be good again next year? Yeah, he should still be a very good player, but sooner or later he's going to hit a steep decline. Roy/West/Hill/PG/filler should be good enough to get a good seed next season, but keeping Lance isn't just about next season. It's about keeping a core piece who can grow with PG in the prime of his career, well after the vital piece of David West is out of the picture.

Lance was still a pretty solid player in 12-13 and having him was better than no Lance at all. Also, I don't think it can be denied by anyone that the best this team ever looked was when they were 33-7 and dominating the league. Lance's evolution played a major role in that. He was absolutely awesome. Now there is no question that he absolutely let the AS stuff get into his head and rubbed his teammates the wrong way. He got too selfish and he must work on that. But overall, I see a guy who has grown up quite a bit over the last couple of years. Just two years ago, he was famous only for giving a choke sign to Lebron James. Then all of the sudden he's getting major all-star hype and playing for a big contract after watching all of his teammates get paid. That's a lot to digest for a 23 year old. Regardless of what one thinks about his personality, I don't think that anyone can deny that he puts a lot of time into his game. It's a gamble that we must make, IMHO. Yes, we can survive next year without him, but this is about the future, not just one year. Id be stunned if he already hit his peak at age 23 with just two years of heavy minutes under his belt.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    I can understand waiting to decide. What I don't understand is repeatedly setting times where he decides and then deciding to wait longer.
    Blame twitter, not LeBron.
    An army of twitter media trying to announce the time of LeBron's announcement.

I actually think a huge part of this may be that Lebron and Melo want to have their announcement over lap as little as possible.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The problem with the "but we were good team in the East prior to Lance's breakout season" argument is that a major reason for us being so good in 2012-13 was that David West had an absolutely fantastic season for us that year. Will he be good again next year? Yeah, he should still be a very good player, but sooner or later he's going to hit a steep decline. Roy/West/Hill/PG/filler should be good enough to get a good seed next season, but keeping Lance isn't just about next season. It's about keeping a core piece who can grow with PG in the prime of his career, well after the vital piece of David West is out of the picture.

Lance was still a pretty solid player in 12-13 and having him was better than no Lance at all. Also, I don't think it can be denied by anyone that the best this team ever looked was when they were 33-7 and dominating the league. Lance's evolution played a major role in that. He was absolutely awesome. Now there is no question that he absolutely let the AS stuff get into his head and rubbed his teammates the wrong way. He got too selfish and he must work on that. But overall, I see a guy who has grown up quite a bit over the last couple of years. Just two years ago, he was famous only for giving a choke sign to Lebron James. Then all of the sudden he's getting major all-star hype and playing for a big contract after watching all of his teammates get paid. That's a lot to digest for a 23 year old. Regardless of what one thinks about his personality, I don't think that anyone can deny that he puts a lot of time into his game. It's a gamble that we must make, IMHO. Yes, we can survive next year without him, but this is about the future, not just one year. Id be stunned if he already hit his peak at age 23 with just two years of heavy minutes under his belt.
    Can't we argue PG being much improved on offense now would off-set DWest losing a step now due to age? Also, I don't care what anyone says, Miles is a better scorer now than Lance was in 12-13, at the very least, he is a much better fit for our offensive scheme than what Lance is. Though there is no arguing Lance is clearly the better individual player.

I feel bad for Cavs and Heat fans. One of those teams will win 58 games and get to the NBA Finals and the other might make the playoffs with a .500 record. And it all hinges on what Lebron does. I don't think Pacers fans have ever gone though something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I actually think a huge part of this may be that Lebron and Melo want to have their announcement over lap as little as possible.
    If I was LeBron I would want as little fanfare as possible, regardless of my "Decision"

He ought to just sign the contract with whichever team at 3AM on a Saturday night and just go on with his life.

Pretty sure he already understands the pros and cons of hyping up your own hyped up hype.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I feel bad for Cavs and Heat fans. One of those teams will win 58 games and get to the NBA Finals and the other might make the playoffs with a .500 record. And it all hinges on what Lebron does. I don't think Pacers fans have ever gone though something like this
    I don't feel too bad for either fanbase. Both have made some questionable personnel decisions to put themselves in a place to be this dependent on 1 player.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

I feel bad for Cavs and Heat fans.
    I feel bad for the honest, lifelong Heat fans who were there long before LeBron.

All 13 of them.

Seriously though, I do feel for those particular segments of the fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Can't we argue PG being much improved on offense now would off-set DWest losing a step now due to age? Also, I don't care what anyone says, Miles is a better scorer now than Lance was in 12-13, at the very least, he is a much better fit for our offensive scheme than what Lance is. Though there is no arguing Lance is clearly the better individual player.
    I bet some people would have said that Evan Turner was a better scorer than Lance this year before he came to the Pacers. No, I'm not saying that CJ will be a Turner-like disaster, but I'm not going to get giddy about his scoring ability here until I see him do it in a a Pacer jersey.

DWest losing a step or two is fine at the moment, but my point is that there will be a day when he's not on the roster at all while Paul George still has a lot of career left. If you lose Lance, then you're losing a major piece of the future core.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I feel bad for Cavs and Heat fans.

I might feel bad for Cavs fans. Heat fans? I give 'em back one of these.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

People seem to forget the part lance played in getting to the ECF 2 sessions ago. Lance was huge vs. New York

I could never feel sorry for a fanbase that has seen 5 Finals appearances and 3 championships since 2006. They are some lucky SOB's.

Cleveland? Yeah, I'll definitely feel sorry for them if they end up getting duped.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I bet some people would have said that Evan Turner was a better scorer than Lance this year before he came to the Pacers. No, I'm not saying that CJ will be a Turner-like disaster, but I'm not going to get giddy about his scoring ability here until I see him do it in a a Pacer jersey.

DWest losing a step or two is fine at the moment, but my point is that there will be a day when he's not on the roster at all while Paul George still has a lot of career left. If you lose Lance, then you're losing a major piece of the future core.
    Well the good thing is when West is done you will have 12 million in salary space free as well, also, Miles is basically just a great shooter and great coming off screens type of player. Not bad at 1-2 dribble aggressive drives either, not to mention he is a capable defender, which Turner is not, I wouldn't think he would lose that ability or anything just by going to a new team, but anything is possible. If he does start, all we would need from his is knock down your threes and D up, which he is very capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    People seem to forget the part lance played in getting to the ECF 2 sessions ago. Lance was huge vs. New York
    He was huge in one game.

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    I feel bad for the honest, lifelong Heat fans who were there long before LeBron.

All 13 of them.

Seriously though, I do feel for those particular segments of the fanbase.
    You realize the Heat won the Finals before Lebron got there?

He was huge in one game.
    He wasn't just an option 5 tag along like others claim.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spazzxb View Post
    He wasn't just an option 5 tag along like others claim.
    He averaged like 9 ppg on 37% shooting on every other game not including his big game 6 in that series, so he wasn't irreplaceable by any means. I think people really overrate how important Lance is to this team, do I want him back? Yea, but I am not going to throw the chance that it could be addition by subtraction (which is a very real possibility) out the window.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    You realize the Heat won the Finals before Lebron got there?
    Yeah... I don't see how that is relevant to my statement, but yeah.

I caught some of Colin Cowherd during lunch today. He had Chris Sheridan on there. Sheridan stood 100% behind his declaration that Lebron is going to Cleveland. He didn't have the slightest bit of hesitation. He didn't even do the "I'm 99% sure" thing so that he would have that built-in wiggle room. He flat out said 100%. Also, he said it would be announced before Lebron goes to the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Yeah... I don't see how that is relevant to my statement, but yeah.
    You were implying Heat had few fans before Lebron, you could even argue the Heat have been as consistent as the Pacers since the late 90s.

Well the good thing is when West is done you will have 12 million in salary space free as well, also, Miles is basically just a great shooter and great coming off screens type of player. Not bad at 1-2 dribble aggressive drives either, not to mention he is a capable defender, which Turner is not, I wouldn't think he would lose that ability or anything just by going to a new team, but anything is possible. If he does start, all we would need from his is knock down your threes and D up, which he is very capable of.
    True, and that's one of the reasons that I'm not going to panic even though I'm a major Lance fan who wants him back at virtually any cost. I just have a very hard time seeing how the team can be as good without Lance. We'll see, but I'm certainly not writing us off as dead as he leaves. I just think that we're noticeably less talented. If Lance was the reason that Hibbs and Hill were off, then they sure as hell better show us that on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    You were implying Heat had few fans before Lebron, you could even argue the Heat have been as consistent as the Pacers since the late 90s.
    I know.

It was very much a jab at their CURRENT fan demographic.

I never have a problem with any fan of any team who has been loyal to that team their entire lives.

True, and that's one of the reasons that I'm not going to panic even though I'm a major Lance fan who wants him back at virtually any cost. I just have a very hard time seeing how the team can be as good without Lance. We'll see, but I'm certainly not writing us off as dead as he leaves. I just think that we're noticeably less talented. If Lance was the reason that Hibbs and Hill were off, then they sure as hell better show us that on the court.
    If he was the locker room cancer there is one way we would be better.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

He averaged like 9 ppg on 37% shooting on every other game not including his big game 6 in that series, so he wasn't irreplaceable by any means. I think people really overrate how important Lance is to this team, do I want him back? Yea, but I am not going to throw the chance that it could be addition by subtraction (which is a very real possibility) out the window.
    Roy will never run out of people to blame. There is, however still hope that the real "selfish dude" will grow up. Loosing Lance won't make anyone better.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post: