Page 155 of 327 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

  1. #3851
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want us to lose him for nothing though. Losing Turner and Lance for nothing doesn't make the team look good in terms of using assets.
    Outside of Grimp World S&Ts are neither automatic nor do they set you up to bring back less or no salary every time.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  2. #3852
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or Less...
    Do that and you DEFINITELY get a disgruntled Lance. And I wouldn't blame him in that case.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  3. #3853
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.




    FWIW
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  4. #3854

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 07-10-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  5. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  6. #3855
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,580

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe not, but it is his best chance to win another ring.
    Taking the minimum and going to the Spurs is probably his best chance to win another ring. That was about as likely a scenario as taking the max from the Rockets.

  7. #3856

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    does that match up with what we were expecting?
    FWIW, that is a starting salary of $16M and raises of $1.2M. So 16, 17.2, 18.4, 19.6 and 20.8.

  8. #3857
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,118

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    Paul George tweeted this last night. That is spanish for "13". Is he changing his number?
    @kay_doll: “@Paul_George24: #trece” isn't it past your bedtime?

    @Paul_George24: Isn't past yours 👀 RT @kay_doll: “@Paul_George24: #trece” isn't it past your bedtime?

    @kay_doll: @Paul_George24 night owls only. You can't hang

    @Paul_George24: @kay_doll I'm sure you're fighting it wherever you are cause it's 4 am youngin

    @jordanhieston: @kay_doll @Paul_George24 trying to get another baby mama I see...

  9. #3858

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    FWIW
    BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN???

  10. #3859

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    It means that he wants to attend the world cup finals
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  12. #3860

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    yeah Kendall Pritchard is smokin... just sayin
    Last edited by PacerPenguins; 07-10-2014 at 11:34 AM.

  13. #3861

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a tweet for cryin' out loud! What's the big deal?
    they try to report it as its actually important news to us. I'm pretty sure there are lots of teams interested in Lance.

  14. #3862

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    This is getting out of control I understand it's big time for Lebron to make a decision it's sickening that the whole league is on hold and maybe for another 3 days

  15. #3863
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,118

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah Kendall Pritchard is smokin... just sayin
    Oh definitely, and add that you get connections to the Pacers FO and players?

  16. #3864

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    man instead of free agency news my timeline today has consisted of about 1000 voteRizzo and 500 votekluber
    Last edited by PacerPenguins; 07-10-2014 at 11:39 AM.

  17. #3865
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by blanket View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    FWIW
    Now he's just screwing with us!


    Haha actually I'll imagine it means he's made up his mind and he just wants to go watch some soccer.

  18. #3866
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,278
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    man instead of free agency news my timeline today has consisted of about 1000 voteRizzo and 500 votekluber
    #TargetSale


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  19. #3867
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    I am beginning to wonder if Lance would maybe take a shorter term deal from the Pacers, to expire at the end of the 2015/2016 season. That is the year Roy expires, and 2016/2017 is the year the new NBA TV contract kicks in, which is supposed to result in the salary cap increasing substantially. Lance could really get paid, but maybe he wants a longer-term assurance for potentially less money, I don't know.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  21. #3868
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,388

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am beginning to wonder if Lance would maybe take a shorter term deal from the Pacers, to expire at the end of the 2015/2016 season. That is the year Roy expires, and 2016/2017 is the year the new NBA TV contract kicks in, which is supposed to result in the salary cap increasing substantially. Lance could really get paid, but maybe he wants a longer-term assurance for potentially less money, I don't know.
    I hope so. If the Pacers lose Lance, I don't have much confidence in this team. Fringe playoff team at best.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  22. #3869
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,431

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    #TargetSale


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    WTF is so awesome about this sale at Target that everyone is hashtagging it? I checked their ads, there's nothing special over there!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  23. #3870
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope so. If the Pacers lose Lance, I don't have much confidence in this team. Fringe playoff team at best.
    So you're implying that the most likely probability is that without Lance we're not even a playoff team in the East?

    And people wonder why I've gone to the sarcasm side of the Force.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  25. #3871

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do they need publicity for?
    I don't think its so much publicity as it is a ruse to let people think that they all came together naturally this time as opposed to not already having something set in place salary cap wise. So nobody is going to accuse them of collusion, $$$ under the table etc.

  26. #3872
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    ...except they're already all on the same team. That would be totally pointless.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  28. #3873
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,388

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're implying that the most likely probability is that without Lance we're not even a playoff team in the East?

    And people wonder why I've gone to the sarcasm side of the Force.
    Hey, I guess we might just find out. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, I have mine. I don't make fun of you for yours. Lance was a big reason this team won so many games. It's not hard to believe that a player of his level leaves there will be a falloff in team wins and performance. He led the team in assists for crying out loud. Is Hill going to make that up? I don't think so, he's a terrible passer. We all know PGs love for dumb passing. Not to mention the hustle and hard play he brings. Pacers are lacking in the hustle dept. Lance was one of the more consistent players on the team and was very efficient from the field.

    We shall see. Glad you don't think Lance matters all that much.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  29. #3874
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey, I guess we might just find out. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, I have mine. I don't make fun of you for yours. Lance was a big reason this team won so many games. It's not hard to believe that a player of his level leaves there will be a falloff in team wins and performance. He led the team in assists for crying out loud. Is Hill going to make that up? I don't think so, he's a terrible passer. We all know PGs love for dumb passing. Not to mention the hustle and hard play he brings. Pacers are lacking in the hustle dept. Lance was one of the more consistent players on the team and was very efficient from the field.

    We shall see. Glad you don't think Lance matters all that much.
    I'm not saying he didn't matter that much, I'm just saying that I think he isn't the difference between the ECF and not making the playoffs at all. That's LeBron level single player difference.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  31. #3875
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,600

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    man instead of free agency news my timeline today has consisted of about 1000 voteRizzo and 500 votekluber
    No kidding.

    It is incredibly obnoxious that the entire league is essentially on hold while the Queen takes his sweet time.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •