Page 124 of 327 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Would love to read some of the individual stories about Kohl. I'm guessing there is some 65 year old usher who has been with the Bucks organization for 30 years and he or she got $150,000. I know there are some working for the Pacers that have been there since the beginning.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Chris Bosh is still an elite player, if you ask me. Put him on a team where he's the clear #1 option and I think he still has multiple 20/10 seasons in him. As it is, he has sacrificed so much from an individual stats standpoint, most fans think that he's a 17/7 soft, jumpshooting big man who camps at the three point line and will be that way for the rest of his career. To me, the truth is that he has been bending over backwards and playing whatever role the Heat asked of him, and he's probably the second-biggest reason why they have had four straight Finals appearances.

I hope he goes to Houston, mostly because I like it when guys shake things up. But if he stays in Miami and continues to play the way he has for the last four years, I won't blame him.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Bosh is still an elite player, if you ask me. Put him on a team where he's the clear #1 option and I think he still has multiple 20/10 seasons in him. As it is, he has sacrificed so much from an individual stats standpoint, most fans think that he's a 17/7 soft, jumpshooting big man who camps at the three point line and will be that way for the rest of his career. To me, the truth is that he has been bending over backwards and playing whatever role the Heat asked of him, and he's probably the second-biggest reason why they have had four straight Finals appearances.

I hope he goes to Houston, mostly because I like it when guys shake things up. But if he stays in Miami and continues to play the way he has for the last four years, I won't blame him.
    He did admit this past playoffs that he didn't enjoy playing down in the post. Maybe he was just saying that to justify him being placed in the role he was in, or maybe he really has gotten softer over the last few years.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    He did admit this past playoffs that he didn't enjoy playing down in the post. Maybe he was just saying that to justify him being placed in the role he was in, or maybe he really has gotten softer over the last few years.
    Really? I never even noticed him playing down in the post at all.

Conrad mentioned in his lates blog something interesting. If Lance does in fact gets the offer he is looking for, Mahinmi and Copeland for Mayo is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by kent beckley View Post
    Conrad mentioned in his lates blog something interesting. If Lance does in fact gets the offer he is looking for, Mahinmi and Copeland for Mayo is a possibility.
    Mayo really struggled in Milwaukee, seems really lazy. How much is he making?

That's a bad trade. So now we're gonna be out a backup PF? Unless somebody from Milwaukee is coming to replace Copeland. Mahinimi and Solo and Scola for Mayo makes more sense. A young prospect, an expiring, and a backup center who's a vet. We don't have to offer Cope. Mayo wants out of Milwaukee. In this scenario, we have leverage.
    Last edited by Grimp; 07-08-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Milwaukee is where shooting guards go to die.......

Monta Ellis
    Gary Neal
    Mayo

Ellis rejuvenated himself in Dallas. Gary Neal has not been signed by a new team yet. I guess he'll re-up with Charlotte?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Ok can someone explain to me what position Damjan Rudez is??? I see most people here calling him a SF, but all of the national writers are referring to him as a stretch big.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    You don't think that maybe only a handfull of teams being able to open up their pockets to attract uncapped individual superstars has anything to do with it?
    My suggestion is that individual salaries get uncapped, but team salary caps (even the current soft system + lux tax) stays. If the Lakers want to use 80% of their cap on Kobe, go ahead. But good luck adding anyone else.

Ok can someone explain to me what position Damjan Rudez is??? I see most people here calling him a SF, but all of the national writers are referring to him as a stretch big.
    He seems to be a SF. For his style of play. Trading Copeland though means we'd be out a backup SF or PF. If Rudez is playing backup SF, who's gonna be backup PF if Cope is traded along with Ian? If Milwaukee is including Ilyasova in the deal? That's the only way this works really. I don't see Ersan as much of an upgrade from Cope. I also don't think you need to add Cope in to get it done. Sol or Scola's expiring make more sense. We're talking about taking a disgruntled player from a team. Those trades aren't where you should add sweeteners.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    He seems to be a SF. For his style of play. Trading Copeland though means we'd be out a backup SF or PF. If Rudez is playing backup SF, who's gonna be backup PF if Cope is traded along with Ian? If Milwaukee is including Ilyasova in the deal? That's the only way this works really. I don't see Ersan as much of an upgrade from Cope. I also don't think you need to add Cope in to get it done. Sol or Scola's expiring make more sense. We're talking about taking a disgruntled player from a team. Those trades aren't where you should add sweeteners.
    Well, Rudez isn't playing back-up SF, we should probably clear that up. At this point in time it is Solomon Hill. If we trade Cope and Ian, then our bench would end up looking like this I believe

Watson/Sloan
    Miles
    Solo/Rudez
    Scola/Rudez
    Allen

Though, that trade suggestion seems more like an idea from Conrad then something that is being worked on.

$8m per year for the next 2 seasons. Not a fan.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

That's a bad trade. So now we're gonna be out a backup PF? Unless somebody from Milwaukee is coming to replace Copeland. Mahinimi and Solo and Scola for Mayo makes more sense. A young prospect, an expiring, and a backup center who's a vet. We don't have to offer Cope. Mayo wants out of Milwaukee. In this scenario, we have leverage.
    Wow......someone finally suggests that the Pacers could go after Mayo ( one of the guys that you have been touting ) while getting rid of Mahinmi and Copeland....and you suggest that it's a bad trade? Coming from the undisputed King of Trade Proposal, I'm surprised.

In this scenario; you'd be 3 out of 4 when it comes to this trade scenarios that you have advocated in the past......the Pacers get Mayo, they dump Mahinmi and Lavoy would likely get more minutes ( whether he is the backup Center or PF )....all at the cost of losing Copeland while likely opening up the likelihood of other signings to fill the backup Frontcourt spot ( Rudez isn't a backup PF ).

BTW....I'm not suggesting that I'd be interested in doing this......cuz I would be reluctant to take back Mayo.
    Last edited by CableKC; 07-08-2014 at 11:41 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

From what Nuntius ( I think ) and others here on PD have suggested.....he appears to be a backup SF. He may be tall, but he doesn't have the size nor weight and strength to defend PFs. Just think of him as a very tall, thin and weak SF that can hit the 3pt shot. Pure Role Player. I have my doubts that Vogel will even use him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Everyone struggles in Milwaukee lol

No to Mayo - Carlisle didn't think very highly of his work ethic. So I would pass on him

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Wow......someone finally suggests that the Pacers could go after Mayo ( one of the guys that you have been touting ) while getting rid of Mahinmi and Copeland....and you suggest that it's a bad trade? Coming from the undisputed King of Trade Proposal, I'm surprised.

In this scenario; you'd be 3 out of 4 when it comes to this trade scenarios that you have advocated in the past......the Pacers get Mayo, they dump Mahinmi and Lavoy would likely get more minutes ( whether he is the backup Center or PF )....all at the cost of losing Copeland while likely opening up the likelihood of other signings to fill the backup Frontcourt spot ( Rudez isn't a backup PF ).

BTW....I'm not suggesting that I'd be interested in doing this......cuz I would be reluctant to take back Mayo.

Mayo is at the bottom of my list when I know about the Hibbert "shopping" now. He could end up in OKC for Reggie or Lamb. Especially if they miss out on Gasol. Portland is out now because they just signed Kaman. They have Lopez and Kaman. They might wanna move Lopez for Roy? Maybe? But I think they'd rather stay speedy at the C position. That's a long shot.

If Roy and Lance somehow end up in Boston, Boston doesn't have a SG to give us. Which means a third team would have to get involved. Phoenix has Dragic. But no SG to give us. I don't think we wanna go through the G. Green stuff again. I could still see a deal with Brooklyn for Thornton and the final year of his contract. Also, if you're moving Mayo to Indy? Why doesn't Indy offer Hill instead? Both of their contracts add up. Mayo and Hill. Hill and Ian for Mayo makes more sense. In the off chance we keep Lance or add Dragic, Rondo, Jackson, Lin........ whomever. They can just slide in at the PG position. No problemo.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    No to Mayo - Carlisle didn't think very highly of his work ethic. So I would pass on him
    Mayo flourished in Dallas so I am not sure what the problem was.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mayo is at the bottom of my list when I know about the Hibbert "shopping" now. He could end up in OKC for Reggie or Lamb. Especially if they miss out on Gasol. Portland is out now because they just signed Kaman. They have Lopez and Kaman. They might wanna move Lopez for Roy? Maybe? But I think they'd rather stay speedy at the C position. That's a long shot.

If Roy and Lance somehow end up in Boston, Boston doesn't have a SG to give us. Which means a third team would have to get involved. Phoenix has Dragic. But no SG to give us. I don't think we wanna go through the G. Green stuff again. I could still see a deal with Brooklyn for Thornton and the final year of his contract. Also, if you're moving Mayo to Indy? Why doesn't Indy offer Hill instead? Both of their contracts add up. Mayo and Hill. Hill and Ian for Mayo makes more sense. In the off chance we keep Lance or add Dragic, Rondo, Jackson, Lin........ whomever. They can just slide in at the PG position. No problemo.
    Just

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Everyone struggles in Milwaukee lol
    Apparently it's the food, according to Rudy Gay

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014...d-o-j-mayo-fat

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Gay
    ”He’s had a bad season, but he’s still a good player. He’s a little overweight, hasn’t played a lot this season, but he’s still O.J. Mayo in there and I’ve seen him do things like that all the time. So I wasn’t surprised at all. He can hit tough shots. He’s a ball player. He can do it. For whatever reason of how he turned out or whatever, gained a little weight, whatever, he’s still a good ball player.”

”Was I surprised to see it? Little bit. I haven’t seen him, but we talked a little bit. He said he was hurt, and I guess when you’re hurt in Wisconsin, you eat.”
    Check out the link for before and after pictures of Mayo.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Apparently it's the food, according to Rudy Gay

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014...d-o-j-mayo-fat

Check out the link for before and after pictures of Mayo.

Well the Midwest has a lot of fried food. And Wis is the cheese state so, yeah. Too bad he wasn't hurt and on the Lakers or Clippers roster. Could've gotten some organic shrimp or something.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Hah. McRoberts got the MLE. I remember getting laughed at (along with others) for suggesting he was worth it a few years ago.

He was mostly underrated while he was here, and the lack of his role as a facilitator, imo, is the biggest reason our bench has declined since 2011.

Anyone who thinks McBob is the reason the bench has declined since he left is delusional. It's taken McBob 5 teams and 8 years to finally get MLE money. LOL! He couldn't even hold on to the starting job in LA, couldn't beat out a rookie for starting position in Orlando when their starting PF was injured, and played on one of the biggest losing teams in the NBA at Charlotte prior to last season. He still doesn't have a back to the basket game nor a mid-range jumpshot after all this time in the NBA. If Miami wanted to give McBob MLE money, then more power to them. This just goes to prove players are getting overpaid so far this off season.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Don't we have like 5 PF's on the roster right now? How does losing Copeland create a hole when he never played last year and the two players in front of him are still on the roster?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

Looking at Milwaukee's roster, the have Sanders, Zaza, Ersan, and Henson as their four bigs. Not sure why they would do this trade. That is a lot of bigs.