Page 292 of 327 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

  1. #7276
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,168

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this point and with his contract I would have to think Josh Smith would be viewed as a negative asset. If a team offered Detroit a 2nd round pick for Smith I would think they would take it.
    Sacramento went that route already and they turned it down. Smith had a crappy year and might be a negative asset at this point, but that has everything to do with perception and not his actual ability.

    Van Gundy is on record saying he's not going to trade smith just to trade him.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. #7277

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like how that list says (Credible). I was going to dismiss it out of hand, but adding that one word there changes everything!
    now he is saying a S&T Hibbert to Detroit for Monroe and he got the "rumor" off of some random on twitter haha

  3. #7278
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,956

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    now he is saying a S&T Hibbert to Detroit for Monroe and he got the "rumor" off of some random on twitter haha
    Sounds (Credible).
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  4. #7279
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,168

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Not a random twitter. It's Matt dery, who has a ton of sources inside the pistons:

    Matt Dery @dery1051 about 31 minutes ago
    Lots of chatter about Greg Monroe today. Pacers shopping Hibbert and a source tells me they have called the Pistons about him. All I know.



    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz3A1HYMpZX

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  6. #7280

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a random twitter. It's Matt dery, who has a ton of sources inside the pistons:

    Matt Dery @dery1051 about 31 minutes ago
    Lots of chatter about Greg Monroe today. Pacers shopping Hibbert and a source tells me they have called the Pistons about him. All I know.



    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz3A1HYMpZX
    I'll take Monroe over Hibbert

  7. #7281
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,168

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    I wouldn't know what SVG's reasoning would even be for accepting that offer. Drummond at power forward is a spacing nightmare. They'd be fun to watch defensively though.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  9. #7282

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a random twitter. It's Matt dery, who has a ton of sources inside the pistons:

    Matt Dery @dery1051 about 31 minutes ago
    Lots of chatter about Greg Monroe today. Pacers shopping Hibbert and a source tells me they have called the Pistons about him. All I know.



    Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz3A1HYMpZX
    no his sources before that before Dery said something on twitter was a parody account of a beat writer

  10. #7283
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,404
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Then Pacers / Pistons/ Suns make it a 3 team deal Hibbert to Pistons, Monroe sign and trade to Suns, and Dragic to Pacers.

  11. #7284

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    I don't know whether I would take Monroe over Hibbert... I mean, I like Monroe as a player and he is better offensively, but I don't want to lose Hibbert and his defense.

  12. #7285
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,584

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't know what SVG's reasoning would even be for accepting that offer. Drummond at power forward is a spacing nightmare. They'd be fun to watch defensively though.
    The one saving race for DET to makr this type of deal is the fact that Roy would come off the books when Drummond would be going into FA. Smith would have to be traded for a 3 pt shooter for sure.

    Outside of that IDK why either team would make the trade
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

  13. #7286
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,168

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Smith doesn't have to get dealt, and he doesn't have to start either.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  15. #7287

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then Pacers / Pistons/ Suns make it a 3 team deal Hibbert to Pistons, Monroe sign and trade to Suns, and Dragic to Pacers.
    Or Bledsoe. Either way, interesting thought.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Chillout For This Useful Post:


  17. #7288
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,868

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then Pacers / Pistons/ Suns make it a 3 team deal Hibbert to Pistons, Monroe sign and trade to Suns, and Dragic to Pacers.
    Why would the Pistons want ANOTHER Starting Center on their roster?

    I have no idea what the Trade Value of Hibbert is....but I'd hope that he can fetch an Expiring + Prospect ( or 1st round pick ). If that's his value....then I doubt that the Pacers can fetch such a prize.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #7289

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    If this trade goes down it's Hibbert straight up for Monroe S&T? I'd probably do it, and then offer West+Solo to Phoenix for Bledsoe and Markieff Morris.


    Morris
    Miles
    Monroe
    Hill
    Bledsoe

    Hill to Boston for Thornton would be my next move.
    Last edited by Grimp; 08-10-2014 at 05:11 PM.

  19. #7290

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this trade goes down it's Hibbert straight up for Monroe S&T? I'd probably do it, and then offer West+Solo to Phoenix for Bledsoe and Markieff Morris.


    Morris
    Miles
    Monroe
    Hill
    Bledsoe

    Hill to Boston for Thornton would be my next move.
    Wait, these are your move for the actual Pacers of the NBA, or the Pacers from 2k14? Also, trading Hill for Thornton straight up is an absolutely idiotic move by us. Hill >>>> Thornton. And thinking West and Solo can get Morris and Bledsoe is not going to happen. We might as well trade Hill and a 1st for Chris Paul while we are at it.
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 08-10-2014 at 05:25 PM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  21. #7291
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,868

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, these are your move for the actual Pacers of the NBA, or the Pacers from 2k14? Also, trading Hill for Thornton straight up is an absolutely idiotic move by us. Hill >>>> Thornton.
    Grimp has an affinity for low basketball IQ / poor shot selection / streaky / volume scorers that put up great #s that one time that they played ???? Team a few seasons ago that can "go off at anytime".
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-10-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  23. #7292

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, these are your move for the actual Pacers of the NBA, or the Pacers from 2k14? Also, trading Hill for Thornton straight up is an absolutely idiotic move by us. Hill >>>> Thornton. And thinking West and Solo can get Morris and Bledsoe is not going to happen. We might as well trade Hill and a 1st for Chris Paul while we are at it.

    I disagree, obviously. What works in our favor is Bledsoe and Monroe are now in scenarios where they're becoming disgruntled about current negotiations. That gives us an opportunity since both teams don't wanna lose either player for nothing. Or have a messy sit-out situation. Phoenix would want West, as he gives them a low-post scorer. And West, with one more season before an opt-out/opt-in choice next Summer.... would be cheaper than what they're gonna have to pay to keep Bledsoe.

    Morris can be had if we pull in a third team. Who can maybe give them something. Perhaps Rondo replaces Bledsoe? I know you're gonna say Bledsoe to Boston, but honestly with Marcus Smart there...... now's as good as time as any to throw him out there so he'll be ready by the time the rebuild is complete. He'll never see much minutes behind Bledsoe. As for Thornton, guy can shoot. Guy can score. He hits big shots. He plays with more life than Hill. In this scenario, where's our scoring gonna come from at 2 guard? Hill? Not likely. Thornton is a good player. Teams know not to leave him open. Makes them have to make hard choices on defense.

    Either way, I'm getting ahead of myself here. But I did mention awhile ago in previous threads, Hibbert to Detroit for Monroe as a possibility. And it looks like the front office had the same idea. Now if these talks are lukewarm, hot, or happened back before the draft and are just leaking out now..... that's what we DON'T KNOW. But it seems that these talks are recent.
    Last edited by Grimp; 08-10-2014 at 05:43 PM.

  24. #7293

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, obviously. What works in our favor is Bledsoe and Monroe are now in scenarios where they're becoming disgruntled about current negotiations. That gives us an opportunity since both teams don't wanna lose either player for nothing. Or have a messy sit-out situation. Phoenix would want West, as he gives them a low-post scorer. And West, with one more season before an opt-out/opt-in choice next Summer.... would be cheaper than what they're gonna have to pay to keep Bledsoe.

    Morris can be had if we pull in a third team. Who can maybe give them something. Perhaps Rondo replaces Bledsoe? I know you're gonna say Bledsoe to Boston, but honestly with Marcus Smart there...... now's as good as time as any to throw him out there so he'll be ready by the time the rebuild is complete. He'll never see much minutes behind Bledsoe. As for Thornton, guy can shoot. Guy can score. He hits big shots. He plays with more life than Hill. In this scenario, where's our scoring gonna come from at 2 guard? Hill? Not likely. Thornton is a good player. Teams know not to leave him open. Makes them have to make hard choices on defense.

    Either way, I'm getting ahead of myself here. But I did mention awhile ago in previous threads, Hibbert to Detroit for Monroe as a possibility. And it looks like the front office had the same idea. Now if these talks are lukewarm, hot, or happened back before the draft and are just leaking out now..... that's what we DON'T KNOW. But it seems that these talks are recent.
    I don't know about you, but I don't think teams are scrambling to cover a guy like Thornton, who shot 34% behind the arc last season. Thornton can score yea, but he is very low volume in doing it. Thornton offers absolutely nothing more than Hill does, Hill is a better player than Thornton.

  25. #7294

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn near every trade Grimp concocts ........
    You know, I'd like to trade my current squeeze for Kate Upton and a 1st round pick from Victoria's Secret in 2017. One problem: IT TAKES 2 PEOPLE TO AGREE TO A TRADE.

    I'm all for it but, you know - I don't think she would be.

  26. #7295
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,835

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would take Eric Gordon, he is a very good player when healthy.
    So is Bynum. Problem is..staying healthy
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  27. #7296

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So is Bynum. Problem is..staying healthy
    Eric Gordon doesn't have a tissue disease like Bynum has. Which causes his knee tissues to degenerate until it's bone on bone. His problem is his style of play. He seems to go to the cup and think about going up and scoring first, and breaking his fall later. Er go because it happens so fast, he never gets to truly "break" his fall and down he goes. His knees and hip end up suffering because of it. I think with the proper coaching, he can be taught to be more responsible in driving to the hoop. Good players are willing to sacrifice their body at the rim. But that usually means taking a scratch or elbow in doing so. Not throwing yourself into the air with no plan on how to land properly and safely.


    It's a shame too because he is such a good player, scoring ability, stays out of trouble and doesn't act stupid on or off the court. But he thinks his body can take the kind of lumps and falls that forwards can take simply because he has a good physique. He's found out many times before that is not true. Also he seems to have bad luck following him as well. I don't think he's as damaged as Deron Williams though. I'd do a deal for him depending on what shape he is in after his latest surgery. I don't know what NO would want for him. Maybe Hill? But then we'd need a replacement PG. Unless Stuckey is moved to starting PG. I guess Solo and CJ could be backup back court.


    West
    Miles
    Monroe
    Gordon
    Stuckey
    Last edited by Grimp; 08-10-2014 at 07:08 PM.

  28. #7297
    Dutch Pacers Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    566

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Ah man, I try to read this topic to stay informed about new stuff, but this topic is becoming a mess. It's one trade proposal after another after another after another because of some possibly fake rumor. I appreciate the enthusiasm but is there really no news?
    Yay, I don't know if we're going back to the play-offs!

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacersgroningen For This Useful Post:


  30. #7298

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by pacersgroningen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah man, I try to read this topic to stay informed about new stuff, but this topic is becoming a mess. It's one trade proposal after another after another after another because of some possibly fake rumor. I appreciate the enthusiasm but is there really no news?
    I think there will be LEGIT news by the end of the month. It's about that time same time last year the Scola trade went down. Training camp is in a few weeks, so now would be the time to get something done. I think more stuff will leak out in the coming weeks, and eventually SOMETHING will occur. Probably something we never thought of or saw coming though.

  31. #7299
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,226
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But I did mention awhile ago in previous threads, Hibbert to Detroit for Monroe as a possibility.
    With as much **** you throw against the wall, SOMETHING was bound to stick

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeHill For This Useful Post:


  33. #7300
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eric Gordon doesn't have a tissue disease like Bynum has. Which causes his knee tissues to degenerate until it's bone on bone. His problem is his style of play. He seems to go to the cup and think about going up and scoring first, and breaking his fall later. Er go because it happens so fast, he never gets to truly "break" his fall and down he goes. His knees and hip end up suffering because of it. I think with the proper coaching, he can be taught to be more responsible in driving to the hoop. Good players are willing to sacrifice their body at the rim. But that usually means taking a scratch or elbow in doing so. Not throwing yourself into the air with no plan on how to land properly and safely.


    It's a shame too because he is such a good player, scoring ability, stays out of trouble and doesn't act stupid on or off the court. But he thinks his body can take the kind of lumps and falls that forwards can take simply because he has a good physique. He's found out many times before that is not true. Also he seems to have bad luck following him as well. I don't think he's as damaged as Deron Williams though. I'd do a deal for him depending on what shape he is in after his latest surgery. I don't know what NO would want for him. Maybe Hill? But then we'd need a replacement PG. Unless Stuckey is moved to starting PG. I guess Solo and CJ could be backup back court.


    West
    Miles
    Monroe
    Gordon
    Stuckey
    Eric finished the season on the bench because knee tendonitis once again. If an athlete doesn't follow a proper workout to strengthen the leg properly it can develop into tendonosis which is basically a chronic problem. See Danny Granger and he can tell you all about it. I want no part of Eric until he can prove he is willing enough to work through it and better himself. 2 years ago I would have taken a flier on him, but not today.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •