Page 292 of 327 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this point and with his contract I would have to think Josh Smith would be viewed as a negative asset. If a team offered Detroit a 2nd round pick for Smith I would think they would take it.
    Sacramento went that route already and they turned it down. Smith had a crappy year and might be a negative asset at this point, but that has everything to do with perception and not his actual ability.

Van Gundy is on record saying he's not going to trade smith just to trade him.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    I like how that list says (Credible). I was going to dismiss it out of hand, but adding that one word there changes everything!
    now he is saying a S&T Hibbert to Detroit for Monroe and he got the "rumor" off of some random on twitter haha

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    now he is saying a S&T Hibbert to Detroit for Monroe and he got the "rumor" off of some random on twitter haha
    Sounds (Credible).
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

Not a random twitter. It's Matt dery, who has a ton of sources inside the pistons:

Matt Dery @dery1051 about 31 minutes ago
    Lots of chatter about Greg Monroe today. Pacers shopping Hibbert and a source tells me they have called the Pistons about him. All I know.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz3A1HYMpZX

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Not a random twitter. It's Matt dery, who has a ton of sources inside the pistons:

Lots of chatter about Greg Monroe today. Pacers shopping Hibbert and a source tells me they have called the Pistons about him. All I know.

I'll take Monroe over Hibbert

I wouldn't know what SVG's reasoning would even be for accepting that offer. Drummond at power forward is a spacing nightmare. They'd be fun to watch defensively though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

no his sources before that before Dery said something on twitter was a parody account of a beat writer

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Then Pacers / Pistons/ Suns make it a 3 team deal Hibbert to Pistons, Monroe sign and trade to Suns, and Dragic to Pacers.

I don't know whether I would take Monroe over Hibbert... I mean, I like Monroe as a player and he is better offensively, but I don't want to lose Hibbert and his defense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't know what SVG's reasoning would even be for accepting that offer. Drummond at power forward is a spacing nightmare. They'd be fun to watch defensively though.
    The one saving race for DET to makr this type of deal is the fact that Roy would come off the books when Drummond would be going into FA. Smith would have to be traded for a 3 pt shooter for sure.

Outside of that IDK why either team would make the trade
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

Smith doesn't have to get dealt, and he doesn't have to start either.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    Then Pacers / Pistons/ Suns make it a 3 team deal Hibbert to Pistons, Monroe sign and trade to Suns, and Dragic to Pacers.
    Or Bledsoe. Either way, interesting thought.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Chillout For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    Why would the Pistons want ANOTHER Starting Center on their roster?

I have no idea what the Trade Value of Hibbert is....but I'd hope that he can fetch an Expiring + Prospect ( or 1st round pick ). If that's his value....then I doubt that the Pacers can fetch such a prize.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

If this trade goes down it's Hibbert straight up for Monroe S&T? I'd probably do it, and then offer West+Solo to Phoenix for Bledsoe and Markieff Morris.

Morris
    Miles
    Monroe
    Hill
    Bledsoe

Hill to Boston for Thornton would be my next move.
    Last edited by Grimp; 08-10-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    If this trade goes down it's Hibbert straight up for Monroe S&T? I'd probably do it, and then offer West+Solo to Phoenix for Bledsoe and Markieff Morris.

Morris
    Miles
    Monroe
    Hill
    Bledsoe

Hill to Boston for Thornton would be my next move.
    Wait, these are your move for the actual Pacers of the NBA, or the Pacers from 2k14? Also, trading Hill for Thornton straight up is an absolutely idiotic move by us. Hill >>>> Thornton. And thinking West and Solo can get Morris and Bledsoe is not going to happen. We might as well trade Hill and a 1st for Chris Paul while we are at it.
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 08-10-2014 at 05:25 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Wait, these are your move for the actual Pacers of the NBA, or the Pacers from 2k14? Also, trading Hill for Thornton straight up is an absolutely idiotic move by us. Hill >>>> Thornton.
    Grimp has an affinity for low basketball IQ / poor shot selection / streaky / volume scorers that put up great #s that one time that they played ???? Team a few seasons ago that can "go off at anytime".
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-10-2014 at 05:31 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Wait, these are your move for the actual Pacers of the NBA, or the Pacers from 2k14? Also, trading Hill for Thornton straight up is an absolutely idiotic move by us. Hill >>>> Thornton. And thinking West and Solo can get Morris and Bledsoe is not going to happen. We might as well trade Hill and a 1st for Chris Paul while we are at it.

I disagree, obviously. What works in our favor is Bledsoe and Monroe are now in scenarios where they're becoming disgruntled about current negotiations. That gives us an opportunity since both teams don't wanna lose either player for nothing. Or have a messy sit-out situation. Phoenix would want West, as he gives them a low-post scorer. And West, with one more season before an opt-out/opt-in choice next Summer.... would be cheaper than what they're gonna have to pay to keep Bledsoe.

Morris can be had if we pull in a third team. Who can maybe give them something. Perhaps Rondo replaces Bledsoe? I know you're gonna say Bledsoe to Boston, but honestly with Marcus Smart there...... now's as good as time as any to throw him out there so he'll be ready by the time the rebuild is complete. He'll never see much minutes behind Bledsoe. As for Thornton, guy can shoot. Guy can score. He hits big shots. He plays with more life than Hill. In this scenario, where's our scoring gonna come from at 2 guard? Hill? Not likely. Thornton is a good player. Teams know not to leave him open. Makes them have to make hard choices on defense.

Either way, I'm getting ahead of myself here. But I did mention awhile ago in previous threads, Hibbert to Detroit for Monroe as a possibility. And it looks like the front office had the same idea. Now if these talks are lukewarm, hot, or happened back before the draft and are just leaking out now..... that's what we DON'T KNOW. But it seems that these talks are recent.
    Last edited by Grimp; 08-10-2014 at 05:43 PM.

I disagree, obviously. What works in our favor is Bledsoe and Monroe are now in scenarios where they're becoming disgruntled about current negotiations. That gives us an opportunity since both teams don't wanna lose either player for nothing. Or have a messy sit-out situation. Phoenix would want West, as he gives them a low-post scorer. And West, with one more season before an opt-out/opt-in choice next Summer.... would be cheaper than what they're gonna have to pay to keep Bledsoe.

Morris can be had if we pull in a third team. Who can maybe give them something. Perhaps Rondo replaces Bledsoe? I know you're gonna say Bledsoe to Boston, but honestly with Marcus Smart there...... now's as good as time as any to throw him out there so he'll be ready by the time the rebuild is complete. He'll never see much minutes behind Bledsoe. As for Thornton, guy can shoot. Guy can score. He hits big shots. He plays with more life than Hill. In this scenario, where's our scoring gonna come from at 2 guard? Hill? Not likely. Thornton is a good player. Teams know not to leave him open. Makes them have to make hard choices on defense.

Either way, I'm getting ahead of myself here. But I did mention awhile ago in previous threads, Hibbert to Detroit for Monroe as a possibility. And it looks like the front office had the same idea. Now if these talks are lukewarm, hot, or happened back before the draft and are just leaking out now..... that's what we DON'T KNOW. But it seems that these talks are recent.
    I don't know about you, but I don't think teams are scrambling to cover a guy like Thornton, who shot 34% behind the arc last season. Thornton can score yea, but he is very low volume in doing it. Thornton offers absolutely nothing more than Hill does, Hill is a better player than Thornton.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp
    Damn near every trade Grimp concocts ........
    You know, I'd like to trade my current squeeze for Kate Upton and a 1st round pick from Victoria's Secret in 2017. One problem: IT TAKES 2 PEOPLE TO AGREE TO A TRADE.

I'm all for it but, you know - I don't think she would be.

I would take Eric Gordon, he is a very good player when healthy.
    So is Bynum. Problem is..staying healthy
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    So is Bynum. Problem is..staying healthy
    Eric Gordon doesn't have a tissue disease like Bynum has. Which causes his knee tissues to degenerate until it's bone on bone. His problem is his style of play. He seems to go to the cup and think about going up and scoring first, and breaking his fall later. Er go because it happens so fast, he never gets to truly "break" his fall and down he goes. His knees and hip end up suffering because of it. I think with the proper coaching, he can be taught to be more responsible in driving to the hoop. Good players are willing to sacrifice their body at the rim. But that usually means taking a scratch or elbow in doing so. Not throwing yourself into the air with no plan on how to land properly and safely.

It's a shame too because he is such a good player, scoring ability, stays out of trouble and doesn't act stupid on or off the court. But he thinks his body can take the kind of lumps and falls that forwards can take simply because he has a good physique. He's found out many times before that is not true. Also he seems to have bad luck following him as well. I don't think he's as damaged as Deron Williams though. I'd do a deal for him depending on what shape he is in after his latest surgery. I don't know what NO would want for him. Maybe Hill? But then we'd need a replacement PG. Unless Stuckey is moved to starting PG. I guess Solo and CJ could be backup back court.

West
    Miles
    Monroe
    Gordon
    Stuckey
    Last edited by Grimp; 08-10-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Dutch Pacers Fan

Ah man, I try to read this topic to stay informed about new stuff, but this topic is becoming a mess. It's one trade proposal after another after another after another because of some possibly fake rumor. I appreciate the enthusiasm but is there really no news?
    Yay, I don't know if we're going back to the play-offs!

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacersgroningen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacersgroningen View Post
    Ah man, I try to read this topic to stay informed about new stuff, but this topic is becoming a mess. It's one trade proposal after another after another after another because of some possibly fake rumor. I appreciate the enthusiasm but is there really no news?
    I think there will be LEGIT news by the end of the month. It's about that time same time last year the Scola trade went down. Training camp is in a few weeks, so now would be the time to get something done. I think more stuff will leak out in the coming weeks, and eventually SOMETHING will occur. Probably something we never thought of or saw coming though.

Mood

But I did mention awhile ago in previous threads, Hibbert to Detroit for Monroe as a possibility.
    With as much **** you throw against the wall, SOMETHING was bound to stick

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeHill For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Eric Gordon doesn't have a tissue disease like Bynum has. Which causes his knee tissues to degenerate until it's bone on bone. His problem is his style of play. He seems to go to the cup and think about going up and scoring first, and breaking his fall later. Er go because it happens so fast, he never gets to truly "break" his fall and down he goes. His knees and hip end up suffering because of it. I think with the proper coaching, he can be taught to be more responsible in driving to the hoop. Good players are willing to sacrifice their body at the rim. But that usually means taking a scratch or elbow in doing so. Not throwing yourself into the air with no plan on how to land properly and safely.

It's a shame too because he is such a good player, scoring ability, stays out of trouble and doesn't act stupid on or off the court. But he thinks his body can take the kind of lumps and falls that forwards can take simply because he has a good physique. He's found out many times before that is not true. Also he seems to have bad luck following him as well. I don't think he's as damaged as Deron Williams though. I'd do a deal for him depending on what shape he is in after his latest surgery. I don't know what NO would want for him. Maybe Hill? But then we'd need a replacement PG. Unless Stuckey is moved to starting PG. I guess Solo and CJ could be backup back court.

West
    Miles
    Monroe
    Gordon
    Stuckey
    Eric finished the season on the bench because knee tendonitis once again. If an athlete doesn't follow a proper workout to strengthen the leg properly it can develop into tendonosis which is basically a chronic problem. See Danny Granger and he can tell you all about it. I want no part of Eric until he can prove he is willing enough to work through it and better himself. 2 years ago I would have taken a flier on him, but not today.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."