Page 283 of 321 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 8023

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I don't have a problem with it either. The less assets they have to sustain their run, the better

Guess we're just looking at it from different perspectives. Considering the marketplace for a superstar with one foot out the door, Twolves did very well. I mean the second best offers would be Harrison Barnes + David Lee from the Warriors and probably some Taj Gibson + picks package from the Bulls.

Let's face it, the reason the Cavs did this deal is because LeBron wanted it, and specifically LeBron wanted another big name player who can play with him now and not in several years' time. Going all in for Love doesn't even make sense for the Cavs as currently constructed. They're really hurting for size and rim protection in the frontcourt, and overpaying for Love means that they have less assets to get what they need.

Sure, they can make it work. Everything is easier with 2 superstars on the team (3 if you count Irving). But why overpay if you don't have to?
    How's getting Love not make sense? You want em to wait until...what, Dwight's a FA? Love keeps his promise and opts out and they have nothing but the minimum to give him? I don't think they overpaid, Wiggins isn't a generational kid like Lebron was, he's probably Paul George. PG's great, he's not an all time great.

This is about to be Lebron's 12th year, vast majority of them with deep playoff runs, plus Team USA, the guy's starting to put on miles, he's not "only 30." The guy needs help, there's no time to wait, or a reason to.

Cleveland just made the best trio in the league and people are looking for a reason to discount it, I don't get it. I seriously don't get the people saying this is anything but a win for both teams.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cleveland's not beating the Spurs, Thunder, or Clippers in a series. Irving and Love have never played a playoff game. They're the clear favorites in the East, but they won't win the title.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Wiggins isn't a generational kid like Lebron was, he's probably Paul George. PG's great, he's not an all time great.
    You mean like... Love?

Cleveland just made the best trio in the league and people are looking for a reason to discount it, I don't get it. I seriously don't get the people saying this is anything but a win for both teams.
    Ok, I get it. You clearly think more of the LBJ-Love-Irving trio than I do. That's fine, and a perfectly good reason for disagreement.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LeBron's Phony Letter
    I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball.
    Kind of takes the shine off this whole statement ............... And notice who he mentions and doesn't mention.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    You mean like... Love?
    Absolutely, but we're not talking about a PG level talent leading a team. And we're definitely not talking about a guy that may be a PG level talent in maybe 3 years teaming up, we're talking about that tier of player right now.

It's a bird in the hand deal, I get some people will disagree, I just think they're really, really wrong lol.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I don't know how to embed a tweet, but this is spot on:

Lebron James best executive in the NBA!!!

Isiah Thomas (@iamisiahthomas) August 7, 2014

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

JMO, if Clev is serious about winning a Title in 1-2 years, this deal is almost a no brainier. Love gives them what Bosh gave the Heat, plus. His ppt and mpg may go down but he will be an elite rebounder.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Cleveland's not beating the Spurs, Thunder, or Clippers in a series. Irving and Love have never played a playoff game. They're the clear favorites in the East, but they won't win the title.
    They also don't play any defense. Westbrook and CP3 would eat Iriving alive. And probably Parker still dances on Irving.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Cleveland really just needs a rim protector now. If they get Okafor and he stays healthy, it's over.

I wonder what they would offer for Ian.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Meh, I don't like Love, and I think his numbers will take a huge deflation when playing for a decent team.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Ill take them over the Thunder and Clippers. The Thunder are never going to win it. The Clippers have a better overall team than OKC. And I'm not picking the Spurs to win it this year because Tim Duncan has never repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Meh, I don't like Love, and I think his numbers will take a huge deflation when playing for a decent team.
    I don't see anyway he will be less efficient though. He'll be able to shoot 3s, rebound, make outlet passes, and not be the focal point of the offense.

I think the Clippers are going to win it all this year FWIW. I would like to see Chris Paul get a ring.

Ron Artest is changing his name again.... this time to.... "Panda Friend"... I am not even kidding

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    Ron Artest is changing his name again.... this time to.... "Panda Friend"... I am not even kidding

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    There's some humor in PACERPENGUINS posting this.

Sources: Cavs have agreement for Kevin Love, including long-term contract commitment. Wiggins, Bennett, pick to Minn. http://t.co/r2KmO5owwY
    — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) August 7, 2014

finally
    There goes the neighborhood.

It's basically going to be Lebron/Love/Irving + cheap vets for the future. That formula worked in Miami, but Dwyane Wade was a former Finals MVP whereas Irving has never even played a playoff game.

I hope it fails miserably.....unless they're playing Chicago.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    I don't know how to embed a tweet, but this is spot on:

Lebron James best executive in the NBA!!!

— Isiah Thomas (@iamisiahthomas) August 7, 2014
    Pretty much. LeBron has made a complete mockery of the CBA. If Cleveland wins a title or two, I look for a looooong lockout when the next CBA negotiations begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    It's basically going to be Lebron/Love/Irving + cheap vets for the future. That formula worked in Miami, but Dwyane Wade was a former Finals MVP whereas Irving has never even played a playoff game.

I hope it fails miserably.....unless they're playing Chicago.
    Like Miami, they'll probably lose in the Finals in the first year, then become serious contenders every year after that.

That's another thing that really sucks about PG's injury; this will probably be the best year to take down Cleveland before they gel. It will be an uphill battle now.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Also, Klay Thompson better turn into a super duper star
    I get what your trying to say, but your remark doesn't equate in the grand scheme of things. I don't think Kevin Love is worth Klay and Lee at all and Klay isn't a super duper star now. So why would he have to become a super duper star?

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Like Miami, they'll probably lose in the Finals in the first year, then become serious contenders every year after that.

That's another thing that really sucks about PG's injury; this will probably be the best year to take down Cleveland before they gel. It will be an uphill battle now.

Not really. That Cavs team is soft. Love and Irving don't have heart. I think getting physical with them would work more than it did with Miami when LBJ was there. Thing is though, all the phantom calls Cleveland will get now. Guys who got no respect from the refs before, because Lebron is there... will now all of a sudden be averaging 8 ft attempts a game.

Mood

I think Lebron and Love complement each other really well.

What I think everyone is discounting is the Lebron/Waiters/Irving dynamic. Everyone feels that because Lebron is on the court things with Irving and Waiters will fall into place. I am not exactly sold on that. Both Waiters and Irving are complete chuckers. I want to see if they can change their ways to play team ball.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

He will lead the charge to make a players league into a players only league. Former players will be ushered in to be owners. Individualization of the league will promptly cripple long-term fan interest. Competition will be limited to a few teams. It will be a reverse expansion. Lebron has said that he wants the league consolidated. You can't have that and have the mega-millions. But if it is attempted we can see a steady decrease in ticket sales. Small business owners will not see it as a customer relations. Athletes with little business understanding will bury the league all for the sake of more revenue shares.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I think Lebron and Love complement each other really well.

What I think everyone is discounting is the Lebron/Waiters/Irving dynamic. Everyone feels that because Lebron is on the court things with Irving and Waiters will fall into place. I am not exactly sold on that. Both Waiters and Irving are complete chuckers. I want to see if they can change their ways to play team ball.
    Lebron isn't going to allow those guys to chuck up loses, come on man.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."