Page 282 of 327 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shouldn't Miami be the ones thanking Lebron instead of the other way around.
    I can see it both ways. Miami helped build the model that got them to 4 straight NBA finals and 2 Championship. Miami had Wade and was able to get Bosh. Maybe LeBron could have gone somewhere else and that Team could have built something similar.....but both LeBron and Miami needed each other to get to where they ended up.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Other than Marion....is there any other Free Agent that's left?
    Well, Ray Allen just said he wanted more than minimum money, so...

Marion was probably the best fit among the remaining FAs. Not sure if anyone else is worth more than the minimum.

I'd still like us to give Bo McCalebb a shot. Apparently he's still looking for an NBA gig, and now we have the means to sign him. Not a perfect fit for our roster as constructed (we'll probably have to trot out some dual PG lineups anyway), but we just need more depth at this point.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Well, Ray Allen just said he wanted more than minimum money, so...
    Ignoring all of the years as a member of the Heat killing us year after year....I'd love to have an elite 3pt shooter on the Team. But let's be real here....we don't have anywhere close to the ball movement that Miami had that would get him the open looks that he requires to do what he does best.

I don't see Ray ending up anywhere other than Cleveland....or retiring.

Marion was probably the best fit among the remaining FAs. Not sure if anyone else is worth more than the minimum.

I'd still like us to give Bo McCalebb a shot. Apparently he's still looking for an NBA gig, and now we have the means to sign him. Not a perfect fit for our roster as constructed (we'll probably have to trot out some dual PG lineups anyway), but we just need more depth at this point.
    I checked the list from NBA.com:

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2014/

After Marion, there's a dropoff. Looking at the list, I can only see a few that I'd be interested in ( IF we had to bring someone in )

Ramon Sessions
    Chris Singleton
    Francisco Garcia

If Stuckey wasn't on the Team, I'd consider Ramon Sessions.....he's like Stuckey in the sense that he's always had a very good knack at getting to the FT line ( averaged 4.9 FTA a game and ranked 30th in FTA in the league on 26 mpg last season ), can adequately ( very loose term here ) run the point but has no 3pt range either.

I'd be okay with Chris Singleton ( maybe fill out the Wing Depth and cuz TBird has raved about his potential in the past? ) or Francisco Garcia ( as a veteran Presence off the bench that can defend and occasionally hit the 3pt shot ) as well. At this point, I'm grabbing for straws if we had to go after a Guard or Forward Wing Player cuz there are so few straws to reach for.

Either way, with Marion likely going to Cleveland....it looks like I am firmly in the "Don't sign any Wing Player FA....just play Solo and Rudez and give them all the minutes that they can handle!" Camp.

On a side note....too bad that we aren't in the market for a Backup PF or Center.....there's a bunch of somewhat decent Backup Big Men that one could take a run at ( Nazr Mohammed, JONeal, Blatche, Dante Cunningham ) that could take a paycut for a 1 year deal.

My guess is that many of the somewhat quality Backup Bigs will sign in Miami for $1+ mil.....all on the cheap
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-07-2014 at 03:07 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Seriously, I don't care if Marion comes here. I rather have us take a flyer on a young player our scouting staff feels moderately positive (or better...) about and see if we can find a decent backup that way who we can grow a bit by letting him actually play a couple of minutes this season and see if he can be more permanent backup (or better...) going into 2015-2016.

I just want us to develop our younger players as much as possible, but I have no doubt we will grind our veterans (West, Hill, Hibbert, Scola and Watson) into the ground, maybe make the playoffs as an 8th seed and then get blown out against the number one seed because those veterans will be winded/fatigued about then. But, hey "we showed 'em we can make the playoffs (to get consequently killed)"...

Sorry, in a bit of a cynical mood these last couple of days...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

If we can't get Marion, maybe we could consider bringing Brandon Rush back, health permitting.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhaboy View Post
    If we can't get Marion, maybe we could consider bringing Brandon Rush back, health permitting.
    He signed with Golden State
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhaboy View Post

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Isn't a version of Brandon Rush what we kind of hope Solo to be at this point?

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Brandon Rush couldn't replace Reggie Miller and smoked pot, **** that guy.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

finally

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

finally
    indeed.

I know Love is a great player and all, but I'm still amazed that they got back such a rich package, headlined by someone considered a blue chip prospect.

Well it will be fun to hate on the Cavs again, and I guess this is better than the Bulls stealing Love away with some cheap *** package.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sources: Cavs have agreement for Kevin Love, including long-term contract commitment. Wiggins, Bennett, pick to Minn. http://t.co/r2KmO5owwY
    — Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) August 7, 2014

finally
    If I try to be objective, what a fun team to watch I bet. Sucks.

I don't care enough to look it up, but is there contract ramifications or something like that? Because otherwise its' basically a crap for crap deal.

That's also twice in like a month Ellington's been traded. Hope he didn't pick up a mortgage in NYC.

Ellington can shoot, has range. I'd like to have him here.

I know Love is a great player and all, but I'm still amazed that they got back such a rich package, headlined by someone considered a blue chip prospect.

Well it will be fun to hate on the Cavs again, and I guess this is better than the Bulls stealing Love away with some cheap *** package.
    I honestly don't get this. I'm HUGE on Wiggins, but Love's a top...8ish player, if you can pair him with the obvious best player you do it. You don't win titles by trying to strike some balance between present and future.

Cleveland's going balls out and using all their assets to get a ring, I don't understand how anyone could have a problem with that.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I honestly don't get this. I'm HUGE on Wiggins, but Love's a top...8ish player, if you can pair him with the obvious best player you do it. You don't win titles by trying to strike some balance between present and future.

Cleveland's going balls out and using all their assets to get a ring, I don't understand how anyone could have a problem with that.
    yeah good trade for both teams.

rooting for Cleveland over Chicago this year. Cleveland sports deserve this, Chicago fans can just **** off

I want Cleveland fans to win, I want pretty much any fanbase not named Chicago or the Lakers to win. I don't want the Cavs to win **** and it's all about the lotto luck. May be stupid, it is I guess, but all those picks aren't fair.

It would be pretty funny if Kevin Love was really just one of those guys who puts up great stats but can't win.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Well, I don't have a problem with it either. The less assets they have to sustain their run, the better

Guess we're just looking at it from different perspectives. Considering the marketplace for a superstar with one foot out the door, Twolves did very well. I mean the second best offers would be Harrison Barnes + David Lee from the Warriors and probably some Taj Gibson + picks package from the Bulls.

Let's face it, the reason the Cavs did this deal is because LeBron wanted it, and specifically LeBron wanted another big name player who can play with him now and not in several years' time. Going all in for Love doesn't even make sense for the Cavs as currently constructed. They're really hurting for size and rim protection in the frontcourt, and overpaying for Love means that they have less assets to get what they need.

Sure, they can make it work. Everything is easier with 2 superstars on the team (3 if you count Irving). But why overpay if you don't have to?

Also, Klay Thompson better turn into a super duper star

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I want Cleveland fans to win, I want pretty much any fanbase not named Chicago or the Lakers to win.
    If the Cavs and Bulls play in the ECF's, I'd much rather see the Cavs win. At this point, I really don't care if Lebron gets another ring, and there is no way that the Cavs could be as unlikable as the Heat. It would still be better than seeing Bulls fans celebrate a Finals appearance.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    It would be pretty funny if Kevin Love was really just one of those guys who puts up great stats but can't win.
    He has proven that fact, but Lebron will change that for him.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

It'll be interesting to see how LeBron plays with an actual inside player. Love is by far the best's he's had, and no Chris Bosh shooting midrange jumpers doesn't count. I'm excited to see their passing, both are the best at their positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Also, Klay Thompson better turn into a super duper star
    We'll see how GS feels when they give him a max contract
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".