Page 279 of 327 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was so happy to read this. I've been a strong advocate for Marion. He'd be aa great addition with no ego and has tons or playoff experience.

Too bad we can immediately team him up with PG. Get well soon PG - can't wait to have you back
    I would love Marion, and wouldn't mind Jordan Crawford. That would be a bit of a glut at the guard spot, but that's okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

Marion is still a really good perimeter defender. I'd want him purely for that reason.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am not exactly sure why we would be so interested in Marion.

The concern for me is that bringing Marion in would mean less minutes for Solo and possibly Rudez. Look, we aren't going to contend this year anyways, and with Marion in the lineup we win 38 games instead of 35. How exactly does this benefit us?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post

The concern for me is that bringing Marion in would mean less minutes for Solo and possibly Rudez. Look, we aren't going to contend this year anyways, and with Marion in the lineup we win 38 games instead of 35. How exactly does this benefit us?
    We should go out there and compete. That's the mentality that got the Pacers' franchise back on the map anyways. I'm all for Solomon Hill and Rudez getting playing time, but they have to earn it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post

Perhaps even more important - I'm not sure why in the world Marion would be interested in us.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Perhaps even more important - I'm not sure why in the world Marion would be interested in us.
    Playing time. I'd pencil him in as our starting SF.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I'm all for Solomon Hill and Rudez getting playing time, but they have to earn it.

Solomon Hill is never going to learn how to play until he gets some real minutes and takes his lumps. He is a 23 year old who has only played about 200 minutes in the NBA. It's inevitable that he will make some mistakes out there like any inexperienced player. If he is a future piece here, then this is the perfect year for him to learn from his mistakes and figure out how the NBA works. At best, this season ends with a first round thrashing against Cleveland. The most important thing is the position that the franchise is in when PG returns. We need to know what we have in Hill and whether he is a future piece alongside PG, so he needs to play big minutes all season even if he's sloppy.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Playing time. I'd pencil him in as our starting SF.
    Marion started 76 games for a good Dallas team last year. Marion will still get heavy minutes anywhere he goes. I think playing for a championship is more important to him than the difference between starting and being a 6th man.

Solomon Hill is never going to learn how to play until he gets some real minutes and takes his lumps. He is a 23 year old who has only played about 200 minutes in the NBA. It's inevitable that he will make some mistakes out there like any inexperienced player. If he is a future piece here, then this is the perfect year for him to learn from his mistakes and figure out how the NBA works. At best, this season ends with a first round thrashing against Cleveland. The most important thing is the position that the franchise is in when PG returns. We need to know what we have in Hill and whether he is a future piece alongside PG, so he needs to play big minutes all season even if he's sloppy.
    We shouldn't gift wrap him the starting position either. If he can't earn his own minutes in a Miles, Stuckey, and Marion rotation then he's simply not that good. Paul George started from the bench and carved out his own minutes. Let the kid earn it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Marion started 76 games for a good Dallas team last year. Marion will still get heavy minutes anywhere he goes. I think playing for a championship is more important to him than the difference between starting and being a 6th man.
    It depends. The only contender that we know that has interest is Cleveland. In Cleveland, he's behind LeBron who's logging heavy minutes, and he's competing with Waiters, Mike Miller, and maybe eventually Ray Allen for perimeter minutes. In Indiana, he has CJ Miles and Solomon Hill to compete for playing time. I'm not sure he'd be the Cavaliers' "6th man".

Mood

It depends. The only contender that we know that has interest is Cleveland. In Cleveland, he's behind LeBron who's logging heavy minutes, and he's competing with Waiters, Mike Miller, and maybe eventually Ray Allen for perimeter minutes. In Indiana, he has CJ Miles and Solomon Hill to compete for playing time. I'm not sure he'd be the Cavaliers' "6th man".
    I would guess that a guy like Marion who is on the last leg of his career is not trying to go to a situation where he can get the most minutes. Like sollozzo stated, if the money is somewhat similar Cleveland would be more appealing. He could save his body and compete for a title, both of which might be tough to do here next season.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Do you guys know the difference between competing experience and sinking ship experience?

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:

Nice. Armani. I'd play for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post

What a relief. I was already having nightmares of Frank trotting out a Brooks/Stuckey combo

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lolwuttermelons For This Useful Post:

Interesting

Sports Logo

Dodged a bullet there. Unfortunately, it was a bullet that we were actually running towards.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Marion signing here would mean almost certainly that he would be the starting SF and we would also be giving him a chunk of change on the one year deal. IN all likelihood, Sloan and/or Scola would be waived/cut to make the room. This opens rotation time. Marion would take minutes at the 3 and at backup PF. Solo would take backup 3 minutes. Miles would start and Stuckey takes the back up 2 minutes. Cope or Rudez would take some backup PF minutes as well. It's still a little crowded, but it would be a smart move. Plus if **** just goes terribly, I think Marion on an expiring deal would have value to a contender at the trade deadline. So we could flip him. If you view it that way, it's a pretty good deal for Marion. He gets more money than he'd get in Cleveland right now, he gets a starting gig, and either it works out for us and we're in good playoff contention or we flip him at the deadline for a pick to a contending team.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Well, we are going after cheap Wing Players. How about Prigioni as sweetner?

Personally, if Marion isn't an option....I'd send Scola+Sloan for Ellington+Shumpert. This helps the Knicks get rid of Ellington ( I have no idea what the issue is with him that the Knicks so want to get rid of him ) on a 1 year deal while helping to shed Salary with Scola and Sloan's Unguaranteed Salary....while getting a solid perimeter defender in Shumpert at the tail end of his rookie contract.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-06-2014 at 01:58 AM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

I highly doubt they'd do that for Shumpert. I feel like Phil probably wants to keep him unless they can get something pretty good for him.
    Last edited by PGisthefuture; 08-06-2014 at 02:03 AM.

Sports Logo

I highly doubt they'd do that for Shumpert. I feel like Phil probably wants to keep him unless they can get something pretty good for him.
    Well, if they are interested in dumping Ellington while shedding some Salary from their Books ( remember, they are over the LT and Scola is only owed $1.9 mil while Ellington and Shumpert is owed $5.3 mil ).....I'd ask for Shumpert

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Well, if they are interested in dumping Ellington while shedding some Salary from their Books ( remember, they are over the LT and Scola is only owed $1.9 mil while Ellington and Shumpert is owed $5.3 mil ).....I'd ask for Shumpert
    Hm I don't know, I would take that deal in a heartbeat, I just don't see the Knicks doing that deal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Matt Walsh of Florida fame chimes in on Becky Hammon...

matt walsh @mattyvincent44
    Follow

I'm not saying Becky Hammond doesn't know bball, I'm just saying I wouldn't listen to one word a female bball coach said to me #yawn
    Follow

I feel like Jessie Spano just called me a "macho pig". Men's bball and women's bball two totally different sports. No offense intended
    Follow

Also I'm jk everyone, if Becky Hammond is hot of course I would (pretend to) listen to her.
    The irony in this is Hammon only has to last a few days into the season to have a longer NBA career than he had....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Marion signing here would mean almost certainly that he would be the starting SF and we would also be giving him a chunk of change on the one year deal. IN all likelihood, Sloan and/or Scola would be waived/cut to make the room. This opens rotation time. Marion would take minutes at the 3 and at backup PF. Solo would take backup 3 minutes. Miles would start and Stuckey takes the back up 2 minutes. Cope or Rudez would take some backup PF minutes as well. It's still a little crowded, but it would be a smart move. Plus if **** just goes terribly, I think Marion on an expiring deal would have value to a contender at the trade deadline. So we could flip him. If you view it that way, it's a pretty good deal for Marion. He gets more money than he'd get in Cleveland right now, he gets a starting gig, and either it works out for us and we're in good playoff contention or we flip him at the deadline for a pick to a contending team.
    I don't see us waiving Scola. Sloan on the other hand can be cut....with Hill, Watson and Stuckey all capable of playing PG, I can see Sloan getting cut
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Matt Walsh of Florida fame chimes in on Becky Hammon...

The irony in this is Hammon only has to last a few days into the season to have a longer NBA career than he had....
    Who the **** is Matt Walsh, and why should I care who the **** Matt Walsh is?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post: