Page 277 of 327 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Undefeated

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope you know that has a hint of creepy in it..
    More than just a hint. Hope you don't own a white van!
    Danger Zone

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nothing on this yet?

@SportsCenter: THIS JUST IN: Spurs hire Becky Hammon as assistant coach, first woman assistant in NBA history.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    I saw George Hill yesterday at The Reef. Buying for saltwater tank. He bragged about how much he has spent there over time. Ignored some folks saying hi. Signed autographs for acouple kids. He was with a female. Driving a black BMW. He was in Pacers colors and a G2 Zone tee shirt.
    I spotted Clark Kellogg, of all people, years ago when he was still under contract but injured. At a mall store. I didn't approach him but saw others and could hear what he was saying. He was fine with talking to kids but was a total A hole to adults. I mean total.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Nothing on this yet?

@SportsCenter: THIS JUST IN: Spurs hire Becky Hammon as assistant coach, first woman assistant in NBA history.
    That's pretty cool.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Confirmed: Adults suck.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Nothing on this yet?

Somebody else had a lady on the bench in the summer league taking the Vogel route. Video coordinator that showed some value and got a spot, can't remember what team it was. Either way, cool.

And no white van, lotta kids that can handle the ball with either hand better than most of us though. Take THAT to the next step you gross *******s.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    I spotted Clark Kellogg, of all people, years ago when he was still under contract but injured. At a mall store. I didn't approach him but saw others and could hear what he was saying. He was fine with talking to kids but was a total A hole to adults. I mean total.
    Some people handle being popular/celebrity well and others don't. I can understand being an a-hole to adults if they were asking for autographs, but not just to say hi and what's up.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

I sit at the same table in the lounge at this restaurant before and after every game, after the Clippers blow out game Paul came in, and it took him a legitimate 10-15 minutes to walk from the host stand to his table because people literally would not let him move or let him be. It was pretty awful to watch so many grown people hound this guy when he was clearly just trying to get to his table to eat dinner.
    True that would be annoying to anyone. But I don't feel to awful for him, after that dinner he went home and counted a few of his millions.

Truthfully, yes people can be invasive to these "stars". But at the same time that's one of the small costs of being in the limelight. Personally, I have seen these sports guys and politicians and all of those other celeb from time to time. I never bug them. I appreciate that they are good at what they do, but they don't necessarily impress me enough to really say much to them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Confirmed: Adults suck.
    Correction: Being an adult sucks*.

*most of the time - like working

Now really free Lance!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

sav

I didn't say I felt awful for Paul. I said it was awful to watch so many adults make asses out of themselves.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Some people handle being popular/celebrity well and others don't. I can understand being an a-hole to adults if they were asking for autographs, but not just to say hi and what's up.
    True. And Kellogg generally seems to be a nice guy. And I don't know everything that was going on and said to him. Someone may have gotten out of line with him before.

Nothing on this yet?

2nd actually. The Cavaliers had a female assistant while John Lucas was running the team. Although, considering that was before the first Lebron era there, did those Cavaliers actually count as an NBA team?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    True. And Kellogg generally seems to be a nice guy. And I don't know everything that was going on and said to him. Someone may have gotten out of line with him before.
    Has to have been a bad day for Clark. Dude was absolutely awesome when I met him at a Roy signing a couple years ago.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Somebody else had a lady on the bench in the summer league taking the Vogel route. Video coordinator that showed some value and got a spot, can't remember what team it was. Either way, cool.

And no white van, lotta kids that can handle the ball with either hand better than most of us though. Take THAT to the next step you gross *******s.

Natalie Nakase for the Clippers.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    Natalie Nakase for the Clippers.
    she is gonna go far. I spoke to her briefly at Summer League, she should be on a staff as a coach really soon.

FYI she shoots the rock way better than Vogel lol.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    she is gonna go far. I spoke to her briefly at Summer League, she should be on a staff as a coach really soon.

FYI she shoots the rock way better than Vogel lol.
    lucky duck, i wish i had the chance to go. glad to hear positive things about her- thought she would be the first paid asst, not becky.

Preseason schedule out:

Date:
    Opponent:
    Tuesday Oct. 7 vs Minnesota Bankers Life Fieldhouse 7:00 p.m.
    Friday Oct. 10 vs Orlando Bankers Life Fieldhouse 7:00 p.m.
    Sunday Oct. 12 at Dallas American Airlines Center 7:30 p.m.
    Wednesday Oct. 15 vs* Cleveland Cintas Center, Cincinnati (Xavier) 7:00 p.m.
    Saturday Oct. 18 vs Dallas Bankers Life Fieldhouse 7:00 p.m.
    Tuesday Oct. 21 at Minnesota Target Center 8:00 p.m.
    Thursday Oct. 23 at Charlotte Time Warner Arena 7:00 p.m.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    Wednesday
    Oct. 15
    vs*
    Cleveland
    Cintas Center, Cincinnati (Xavier)
    7:00 p.m.
    Why couldn't that have been at the Schottenstein Center?

Shawn Marion Receiving Strong Push From Pacers As He Schedules More Meetings

Shawn Marion, the best unrestricted free agent on the market, has received inquries from the Indiana Pacers and a strong push on a potential deal with the franchise, a league source told RealGM.

Marion spent a half-day in Cleveland to meet with the Cavaliers on Monday, and he remains intrigued about the opportunity to join LeBron James and possibly Kevin Love – even on a veteran-minimum contract.

Marion has since left Cleveland and is scheduling further meetings with NBA teams, a source said.

The Pacers had reached out to Marion early in free agency, before signing C.J. Miles and Rodney Stuckey. In the wake of Paul George’s injury, Indiana has turned its attention to replenishing the wing position and several veteran scorers remain available, including Jordan Hamilton and Jordan Crawford.

For five seasons, Marion stabilized the Dallas Mavericks with a high-energy, durable and productive starting small forward – signified in the 2011 championship. The 36-year-old averaged 10.4 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.2 steals in 76 games last season.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-More-Meetings

27. The Following User Says Thank You to indyman37 For This Useful Post:

If we sign Marion we will be a pretty good team. We could make the playoffs anywhere between 6th-8th seed. His defense is still outstanding, not as good as PG anymore but still really good. The offense we will get from CJ Miles and Stuckey could help a lot. If we do sign Marion I hope it is for more than a year. If PG can get to his old self in two seasons than we could possibly move PG to the 2 and Marion at the 3 in our staring lineup, and maybe win a championship in Wests final season.
    Last edited by PacerPenguins; 08-05-2014 at 06:32 PM.

I would LOVE to have Shawn Marion.

Have been a big fan of his game for as long as I can remember. Even at his age is still an efficient player.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Honestly, Pacers should look at signing Marion, Crawford, and Brooks ALL to the minimum. Maybe you catch lightning in a bottle with one or two, what exactly do you have to lose? Marion would probably start for us.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by indyman37 View Post
    Shawn Marion Receiving Strong Push From Pacers As He Schedules More Meetings

Shawn Marion, the best unrestricted free agent on the market, has received inquries from the Indiana Pacers and a strong push on a potential deal with the franchise, a league source told RealGM.

Marion spent a half-day in Cleveland to meet with the Cavaliers on Monday, and he remains intrigued about the opportunity to join LeBron James and possibly Kevin Love – even on a veteran-minimum contract.

Marion has since left Cleveland and is scheduling further meetings with NBA teams, a source said.

The Pacers had reached out to Marion early in free agency, before signing C.J. Miles and Rodney Stuckey. In the wake of Paul George’s injury, Indiana has turned its attention to replenishing the wing position and several veteran scorers remain available, including Jordan Hamilton and Jordan Crawford.

For five seasons, Marion stabilized the Dallas Mavericks with a high-energy, durable and productive starting small forward – signified in the 2011 championship. The 36-year-old averaged 10.4 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 1.2 steals in 76 games last season.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-More-Meetings
    It's good to know that the Pacers had reached out to Marion BEFORE PG24 was injured.....but that doesn't mean that they have reached out to him SINCE the injury.

Reading the wording in the article....it's unclear to me what ( if anything ) that the Pacers have done to reach to Marion AFTER the injury.

This simply tells me that the Pacers are going the "cheap" route and finding Wing Scorers to fill the huge hole that PG24 left.

If there is no push for a Player on the level of Marion.....and the options are to fill the wings with cheap scorers like Brooks, Jordan Hamilton or Jordan Crawford....I'd rather give the Wing minutes to some combination of Copeland ( at the backup 3 spot ) or Rudez.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-05-2014 at 06:37 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Honestly, Pacers should look at signing Marion, Crawford, and Brooks ALL to the minimum. Maybe you catch lightning in a bottle with one or two, what exactly do you have to lose? Marion would probably start for us.
    Crawford is better than Marion at this point because of his scoring ability. Marion lost that years ago. Jordan Hamilton is a terrific shooter but not starting quality, and Vogel being, ya know........Vogel..........would not know how to utilize him properly anyways.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Crawford is better than Marion at this point because of his scoring ability. Marion lost that years ago. Jordan Hamilton is a terrific shooter but not starting quality, and Vogel being, ya know........Vogel..........would not know how to utilize him properly anyways.
    You go after Marion not because he is a scorer but because he does a little bit of everything else on both the offensive and defensive end. I know that all you want is scorers.....but given where we are now....I'm inclined to go after the best Player available that can help us the most.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post: