Page 265 of 321 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 8023

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...727-story.html

The Lakers continued to negotiate with Byron Scott to be their coach but had not reached an official agreement as of Saturday evening, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The Lakers were quick to downplay an ESPN.com report that they had given Scott a four-year, $17-million deal with a team option for the fourth year.

"There is no done deal," said a person who requested anonymity because of the fluidity of the situation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

"D-Mo" is Donatas Motiejunas, he's talking about how Parsons would've made more money than Harden.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually had a in-depth discussion with a D-3 college coach this week about the likes of Frank Vogel. He said guys like Vogel were not good coaches. Guys who specifically came up as video guys. He stated Spo was the outlier due to his background around the game. I really disagreed with him, but he did make some really valid points. I am not a Copeland fan, but the coach made a great point in saying a great coach figures out how to use a guy like Copeland. He also said Vogel is great in the locker room but actually teaching the game and Xs and Os is lacking. I thought it was interesting he provided specific examples. I still like Frank, but this coach really provided me with some food for thought.

side not I will be in Syracuse next week working a camp. How is the area? I have heard mixed reviews lol.
    Been saying this for a while, as I think most have, that is Franks thing, good for a young team because he can motivate because of his personality, but he makes poor coaching decisions, and doesn't know how to put his players in positions to succeed. Honestly this is even more reason to have a guy like Miles instead of Lance, because it is more traditional, and Frank won't have to figure out the best way to use his talents, they should come in to play naturally seeing that PG will be the dominate ball handler and the offense will work through him. I keep saying Frank really needs to grow as a coach, and I am not sure if he will ever get there, but let us keep our fingers crossed.
    Why so SERIOUS

Supposedly the rumor is the NBA is going to open with San Antonio at Cleveland.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

If so, that's terrible. Didn't the Spurs win the title last season? What happened to having them open the season at home raising the banner in front of their own fans?

I don't have a problem with having a game in Cleveland as part of the doubleheader, but have them play another team, and have the other game be at San Antonio.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Supposedly the rumor is the NBA is going to open with San Antonio at Cleveland.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

If so, that's terrible. Didn't the Spurs win the title last season? What happened to having them open the season at home raising the banner in front of their own fans?

I don't have a problem with having a game in Cleveland as part of the doubleheader, but have them play another team, and have the other game be at San Antonio.
    Agreed. This is really bad because obviously this is a great matchup. Why open the season this way when these teams will play only 1 other time throughout the season? I would love to see these teams play at full strength mid-way through the year. The opening week is essentially extended training camp for a lot of veterans and these games are often sloppy filled with guys getting used to each other. If you want to put Cleveland in a prime time spot for opening night have them open with Indiana or Washington, good teams they will play three other times, don't waste a Spurs/Cavs matchup in October.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Miami builds an entire team around the big 3 and old, now monoskilled veteran ring chasers that have more value than their skills would indicate and people complain its not fair that Miami gets all the vets for deep playoff runs.

We have Luis Scola coming off the bench and there's a huge contingent of fans that think that playing old, washed up Luis scola over Chris Copeland is further proof that Vogel is a bad coach.

Well, which is it? The only difference is that as Pacer fans we tend to sweep the rare great performance under the rug because we see the bad more often than the good. But when we think of rashard lewis you immediately think of how useful it would be to have a guy who comes in and nails 5 or 6 huge shots in a game every now and then.

Great point. I think part of the deal is that Miami tends to mask weaknesses better than we do.

With Scola is seemed as if we turned a really effective back to the basket player into a 15 ft pick n pop jump shooter. I don't think we ever maximized his skillset.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

"D-Mo" is Donatas Motiejunas, he's talking about how Parsons would've made more money than Harden.
    That team has some massive egos.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    Agreed. This is really bad because obviously this is a great matchup. Why open the season this way when these teams will play only 1 other time throughout the season? I would love to see these teams play at full strength mid-way through the year. The opening week is essentially extended training camp for a lot of veterans and these games are often sloppy filled with guys getting used to each other. If you want to put Cleveland in a prime time spot for opening night have them open with Indiana or Washington, good teams they will play three other times, don't waste a Spurs/Cavs matchup in October.
    Not really a good reason. You run the risk of teams not being at full strength due to fatigue or injury or whatever if you wait a few months. May as well make the first game a memorable one.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post

They just wanna make Lebron feel better and hype up a possible Cavs/Spurs 2015 NBA Finals. Sad a $$ NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    They just wanna make Lebron feel better and hype up a possible Cavs/Spurs 2015 NBA Finals. Sad a $$ NBA.
    How dare they act like a business....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

immortal shaman rat king Ratking's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

Any ideas why there is such a lull in trade/signing chatter? Is the Love-fest the new logjam?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    Any ideas why there is such a lull in trade/signing chatter? Is the Love-fest the new logjam?
    Because all the players that matter (besides two RFAs) are already signed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratking View Post
    Basically every one is signed, and almost every team has used up their cap space. This is basically the dead time for the NBA, now until October.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    That's some really good stuff and interesting to hear. I'd personally like to see Vogel be more flexible with guys like Copeland and I'm hoping this year he takes more chances. I hope that the playoffs

As far as Syracuse goes, not a whole lot going on about now. We do have pretty huge mall here now they finished a massive expansion on with a ton of things to do, so that's something. I'm not the biggest fan of the area myself, but it's always nice to be able to attend a 30,000+ NCAA basketball game during the winter.
    I live in Syracuse and love it besides winter... What would u be looking to do? I can tell you pretty much anything u would be looking for while u stay..I'll be back there today after being away for a week in key west hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Not really a good reason. You run the risk of teams not being at full strength due to fatigue or injury or whatever if you wait a few months. May as well make the first game a memorable one.
    Then play the "memorable" game in San Antonio. It's a slap in the face to the Spurs. The last champion to not open the next season at home on the first day of the season was the 2000 Lakers. It's NEVER happened since the NBA went to an abbreviated opening night schedule.

Hopefully the NBA comes to their senses and doesn't go through with this.
    UncleBuck:

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Then play the "memorable" game in San Antonio. It's a slap in the face to the Spurs. The last champion to not open the next season at home on the first day of the season was the 2000 Lakers. It's NEVER happened since the NBA went to an abbreviated opening night schedule.

Not going to rush to judgement until I see the schedule. ESPN might want to do the banner raising game for once.

Mood

It won't be though. It was like the first game in Miami's big three era where they looked out of sync against a good Celtic team. Cleveland and San Antonio might be the two best teams in the league and they play twice a year. I get the fact that having them play later risks injuries, fatigue, etc., but I would rather see that as opposed to watching Cleveland try to figure it out and observing Pop treat this as a pre-season game. Just my opinion.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Serious question - when was the last time the NBA Champion opened with an away game? If it isn't something that has been standard, then meh - though they'd be better off making San Antonio/Cleveland the Christmas game. If it is something the team earns by getting a championship, then forcing San Antonio to open away is acting like a business by changing the business you're in - once again promoting Lebron over a championship team (and basically treating Cleveland as if they were granted last year's championship when they signed Lebron).

Edit - thanks shags for the answer.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

You have no clue if it will or won't be. Yeah the first heat/celtics season opener was a dud but the second one two years later was excellent.

I'll tell you though, as a Pacers fan I would LOVE to have this problem.

If they want some drama for opening night......How about the Heat at the Cavs.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

The "drama" games are generally the Christmas matchups. You'll probably see Spurs/Mavs, Thunder/Clippers and Heat/Cavs.

This PROMOTING LEBRON as the darling of the league is looking like desperation though. The NFL lets it be know Manning and Brady are their golden boys but they don't go overboard. The NBA right now is about an inch short of giving Lebron "head" in the Cavs locker room at this point. Even Jordan never got this kind of special treatment.

This PROMOTING LEBRON as the darling of the league is looking like desperation though. The NFL lets it be know Manning and Brady are their golden boys but they don't go overboard. The NBA right now is about an inch short of giving Lebron "head" in the Cavs locker room at this point. Even Jordan never got this kind of special treatment.
    So is the NFL is desperation mode whenever they do a big playoff or Super Bowl re-match on national tv?

Well it's good to know that we have gimp to show us the line between what is and isn't acceptable when it comes to how a pro sports league should schedule it's games...

The nfl is the shining example of nobility, btw. They would never, ever, ever schedule the defending champion to open the season on the road. Never in a million year, I tell you. That would be overboard....
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-27-2014 at 05:56 PM.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post: