Page 264 of 327 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Bird intends to dump Luis's contract at all, now. There was a chance that something might be done with it if Lance agreed to sign with the Pacers late, but since he didn't, JMO, but Bird sees Luis as the backup to David next season. With a year under his belt, to see what things the Pacers need him to do, he will be more productive. Again, jmo, but the loss of Lance will help the high IQ guys like Luis, as the ball will move more and allow them to take advantage of their smarts.

I imagine if Scola plays over Copeland next season you can say good-bye to fans at BLF. A large contingency of Pacer fans already think Vogel isn't the sharpest tool, in the shed. Rolling Scola out next season over Copeland will prove just that.

The same amount of fans are showing up to see Chris Copeland as there were to see Magnum Rolle

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I haven't looked up the numbers or anything but I thought Lance and Scola played pretty well together, I think Scola just ran outta gas last year
    He had that elbow issue as well

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    He had that elbow issue as well
    Here's the thing. If he has a known elbow issue that is affecting his shot, why is he still getting rolled out there? Isn't that what the injured list is for?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Here's the thing. If he has a known elbow issue that is affecting his shot, why is he still getting rolled out there? Isn't that what the injured list is for?

Franks not a thinker coach. I think that's part of the reason Lance left as well. Frank just isn't good at much beyond defensive X's and O's.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I imagine if Scola plays over Copeland next season you can say good-bye to fans at BLF. A large contingency of Pacer fans already think Vogel isn't the sharpest tool, in the shed. Rolling Scola out next season over Copeland will prove just that.
    Sure....we know the difference and there are enough here on PD that would be clamouring for Vogel to play one over the other. There may be a multitude of reasons for Indy fans not to show up at BLF for a game.....but Vogel not playing Copeland over Scola isn't one of them. There are not enough casual fans in Indy that think as strongly as you do when it comes to Vogel playing one over the other. My guess is that if u asked who the Backup PF is for the Pacers to the likely Pacer fan that would attend a game.....they would say "Isn't it Hansbrough?" before saying Scola....much less Copeland.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A mass exodus of fans if Copeland doesn't get his minutes LOL.
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    I don't think Bird intends to dump Luis's contract at all, now. There was a chance that something might be done with it if Lance agreed to sign with the Pacers late, but since he didn't, JMO, but Bird sees Luis as the backup to David next season. With a year under his belt, to see what things the Pacers need him to do, he will be more productive. Again, jmo, but the loss of Lance will help the high IQ guys like Luis, as the ball will move more and allow them to take advantage of their smarts.
    I've been advocating the trade of Scola mainly for Salary Cap reasons...both as an effort to re-sign Lance ( which isn't happening now ) and in an effort to acquire some assets while actually using the $3+ mil Backup PF that the Pacers signed 2 seasons ago. To me, Copeland's a very expensive "Victory Cigar" or "Flag of Surrender" type Player. I think that both are redundant and having Copeland on the bench doing nothing is an inefficient use of CapSpace. If Scola can't be traded for some assets that make sense....then I'm fine with keeping him. But if Bird can acquire some assets that won't affect the Pacers Salary cap situation for the long-term and makes some actual sense to help the roster....I'd be shopping Scola and his unguaranteed Contract to see what trade value he has.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Sure....we know the difference and there are enough here on PD that would be clamouring for Vogel to play one over the other. There may be a multitude of reasons for Indy fans not to show up at BLF for a game.....but Vogel not playing Copeland over Scola isn't one of them. There are not enough casual fans in Indy that think as strongly as you do when it comes to Vogel playing one over the other. My guess is that if u asked who the Backup PF is for the Pacers to the likely Pacer fan that would attend a game.....they would say "Isn't it Hansbrough?" before saying Scola....much less Copeland.
    I doubt it has any impact on attendance, but as soon as I cross the border wearing a pacers shirt random people in a verizon store or a kroger start talking to me about whatever random new player is on the team.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Franks not a thinker coach. I think that's part of the reason Lance left as well. Frank just isn't good at much beyond defensive X's and O's.
    The term a "thinker coach" is like some Skip Bayless generality garbage. Vogel has his reasons for doing what he does. It's not because he's this mentally handicapped individual that you claim he is, it's because he has a different philosophy of coaching that you would have. You both are just on the ends of two extremes.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The same amount of fans are showing up to see Chris Copeland as there were to see Magnum Rolle
    The new Pacers chant...

Cope or Nope...
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

If Copeland doesn't play 40 minutes a game I'm setting this whole city ablaze.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    The term a "thinker coach" is like some Skip Bayless generality garbage. Vogel has his reasons for doing what he does. It's not because he's this mentally handicapped individual that you claim he is, it's because he has a different philosophy of coaching that you would have. You both are just on the ends of two extremes.
    I actually had a in-depth discussion with a D-3 college coach this week about the likes of Frank Vogel. He said guys like Vogel were not good coaches. Guys who specifically came up as video guys. He stated Spo was the outlier due to his background around the game. I really disagreed with him, but he did make some really valid points. I am not a Copeland fan, but the coach made a great point in saying a great coach figures out how to use a guy like Copeland. He also said Vogel is great in the locker room but actually teaching the game and Xs and Os is lacking. I thought it was interesting he provided specific examples. I still like Frank, but this coach really provided me with some food for thought.

side not I will be in Syracuse next week working a camp. How is the area? I have heard mixed reviews lol.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

http://www.alabamas13.com/story/2612...tiations-video

BIRMINGHAM, AL -
    After several weeks of free agency, the Phoenix Suns have not signed Birmingham-native Eric Bledsoe.

The Suns have offered a 4-year, $48 million deal, but the two-sides are still in negotiations.

"First off I'm going to let my agent handle it," Bledsoe said, while attending a "Ball Up" street ball tournament in Birmingham. "I can understand the Phoenix Suns are using a restricted free agent against me. But I understand that."
    Not much here other than the fact that Bledsoe is going to eventually get overpaid and why I think that Dragic will be on the Trading block. Eventually, the Suns will be paying one or the other a large chunk of their Salary cap....but not both.

Anyone know what Bledsoe is referring to here?

Not much here other than the fact that Bledsoe is going to eventually get overpaid and why I think that Dragic will be on the Trading block. Eventually, the Suns will be paying one or the other a large chunk of their Salary cap....but not both.

I'm assuming he is talking about his status as a restricted free agent, meaning only one other team can offer him the max which is philly, so he either has to take the sun's offer, or wait until next year, to gamble as a free agent.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I assume he just means they're "abusing" the restricted tag by saying they'll match anything, so no other teams are willing to offer him more of closer price between the 12 million and his max, or the Suns will just instant match. Pretty much he gets stuck with their offer.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Bledsoe says he gets why they're doing it but wonder if he gets disgruntled. From a player's perspective I can understand thinking restricted free agency is some BS.

Greg Monreo's in the same pickle in Detroit, though he hasn't said anything about it as far as I know. I haven't looked lately but there's only a handful of teams that could offer either of them money that isn't an auto-match for Phoenix/Detroit and the ones that can are set up that way by design and aren't interested in them, they're kinda stuck.

Mood

Bledsoe says he gets why they're doing it but wonder if he gets disgruntled. From a player's perspective I can understand thinking restricted free agency is some BS.

Greg Monreo's in the same pickle in Detroit, though he hasn't said anything about it as far as I know. I haven't looked lately but there's only a handful of teams that could offer either of them money that isn't an auto-match for Phoenix/Detroit and the ones that can are set up that way by design and aren't interested in them, they're kinda stuck.
    Agreed. If I were them I would just bite the bullet, sign the QO and become an unrestricted free agent next summer. Unlike this summer both of those guys would be considered "big fishes" next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

side not I will be in Syracuse next week working a camp. How is the area? I have heard mixed reviews lol.
    at least you won't be there during the winter

I know Shaw is under contract to Denver, but I'd have preferred to seen Shaw get the job. I felt Shaw should have gotten it after Jackson left. Brown and D'An didn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I actually had a in-depth discussion with a D-3 college coach this week about the likes of Frank Vogel. He said guys like Vogel were not good coaches. Guys who specifically came up as video guys. He stated Spo was the outlier due to his background around the game. I really disagreed with him, but he did make some really valid points. I am not a Copeland fan, but the coach made a great point in saying a great coach figures out how to use a guy like Copeland. He also said Vogel is great in the locker room but actually teaching the game and Xs and Os is lacking. I thought it was interesting he provided specific examples. I still like Frank, but this coach really provided me with some food for thought.

That's some really good stuff and interesting to hear. I'd personally like to see Vogel be more flexible with guys like Copeland and I'm hoping this year he takes more chances. I hope that the playoffs

As far as Syracuse goes, not a whole lot going on about now. We do have pretty huge mall here now they finished a massive expansion on with a ton of things to do, so that's something. I'm not the biggest fan of the area myself, but it's always nice to be able to attend a 30,000+ NCAA basketball game during the winter.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

One yr ago today, Pacers traded Plumlee, Green & 2014 1st-rd pick for Scola. In turn, they have $1.12M trade exception, which expires today.
    Impossible Is Nothing

Miami builds an entire team around the big 3 and old, now monoskilled veteran ring chasers that have more value than their skills would indicate and people complain its not fair that Miami gets all the vets for deep playoff runs.

We have Luis Scola coming off the bench and there's a huge contingent of fans that think that playing old, washed up Luis scola over Chris Copeland is further proof that Vogel is a bad coach.

Well, which is it? The only difference is that as Pacer fans we tend to sweep the rare great performance under the rug because we see the bad more often than the good. But when we think of rashard lewis you immediately think of how useful it would be to have a guy who comes in and nails 5 or 6 huge shots in a game every now and then.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post: