Page 255 of 319 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 7971

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why did Charlotte let Josh McRoberts go to Miami for $5.3 million a year and then turn around and pay Marvin Williams $7 million per? Is Williams supposed to be better than McRoberts?
    Three point shooting is the reason.

Shooters are getting paid this year's FA that is for sure.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I still don't see how you CAN make a trade. There's PG and Dwest who have value. PG is untouchable, unless it's a Durant-type. DWest is your leadership/foundation/braun. Then CJ Watson, on a much smaller scale. Everyone else is 'even' at best (GHill) or negative (Roy). There's no one else. A middling draft pick too. What's that get you?

Only thing I can think of is if you move DWest for a Point Guard, but then you have a gapping hole at PF.

Let's pretend the Suns would take GHill and DWest and #1 for Dragic or Boston for Rondo. What then? The poo poo platter of Scola, Copeland, and Lavoy Allen as your PF rotation? You'll have lost 3 starters from an ECF team and got a stud PG who will have to be resigned to a max contract.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a true Point Guard here, but at what cost to the team.

I just can't think of something that makes you better.

Better to wait until the trade deadline and A. see what you have B. maybe have more value from Roy playing better/expiring contracts (in 1.5 yrs.)
    here's the thing... DWest has 2 years left in the tank. You can see his game slowly going. In the next 2 years do you see us winning a championship? I don't, I think this team is still good and can make it far in the playoffs but we won't win it all in the next 2 years until we can recover from lance leaving. Maybe we dangle West out there in a trade to get a stud point guard or maybe not, but we should try to get value for him while we can, and if trading him brings in a stud point guard then we should do it.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    here's the thing... DWest has 2 years left in the tank. You can see his game slowly going. In the next 2 years do you see us winning a championship? I don't, I think this team is still good and can make it far in the playoffs but we won't win it all in the next 2 years until we can recover from lance leaving. Maybe we dangle West out there in a trade to get a stud point guard or maybe not, but we should try to get value for him while we can, and if trading him brings in a stud point guard then we should do it.
    Can you? Or did last season's catastrophy just wear on him also? I agree that he looked pretty poor at times, but I don't know the reason necessarily.

So, Bledsoe is "likely" to re-sign with Phoenix. They pretty much have to move a PG now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    So, Bledsoe is "likely" to re-sign with Phoenix. They pretty much have to move a PG now, right?
    They would have what, 30 mil locked in at the point guard position?

I'm kind of surprised they didn't pursue Lance given their cap space and how relatively cheap he was. It would have given them more leverage for this Bledsoe situation.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    I think we'd be horrible if we traded West. In my mind he's the reason we took the big step to contender status... he's our leader, if he goes right now I think we're definitely out of the conversation of making finals. With him we still are... losing Lance isn't going to be that big of a deal this season, Stuckey plays just like him he just doesn't have the youth and potential of Stephenson.

I'd imagine so. Next Summer Goran needs an extension. Gerald Green and the Morris Twins also.

Can you play Bledsoe at the 2 with Dragic? Bledsoe's strong and is tenacious on D.

Listed 6'1", nm, but he's a long 6,1".

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Better yet, why has every team he's played on either traded him or not re-signed him? Portland, Pacers, Lakers, Magic, and Charlotte. Miami will be his 6th team since being drafted in 07. What is it about him that teams don't keep him?
    That's an unfair way to put it, don't you think? I mean, Charlotte wanted to keep him - Michael Jordan himself said the success of the team would depend on how well McRoberts could "connect the dots" and worried about him opting out of his contract - but then they got outbid by Miami. He and Coach Clifford apparently had a good relationship too. He also went from L.A. to Orlando in the Dwight Howard trade, so you really can't say the Lakers didn't want him as much as they wanted Dwight.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Can you play Bledsoe at the 2 with Dragic? Bledsoe's strong and is tenacious on D.

Listed 6'1", nm, but he's a long 6,1".
    That was their starting backcourt last season when Bledsoe was healthy.

Luis Scola :0 ?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post

I want no part in helping Cleveland unless it REALLY benefits us.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Scola + Whittington for Wiggins

we can even throw in Sloan if LeBron promises to take it a little easy on us.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Hopefully Copeland gets more playing time, it'll be interesting.

So this offseason he’s locked in, dropping weight and working on his defense. He thought the negativity regarding his defense was overblown and that it wasn’t as bad as perceived.

“I need to become a better defender,” he understands though, “and I think adding speed will help make me better offensively and defensively.”
    http://www.vigilantsports.com/2014/0...eds-20-pounds/

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

I watched a cheap found footage movie last night where they were looking for Bigfoot and the main character going after Bigfoot was named Chris Copeland. I started laughing out loud thinking that Bigfoot has a more likely chance to see the floor under Vogel than Chris Copeland does.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

He needs foot speed and quicker recognition on defense for sure. He's such a tweener, but off the bench that should be fine if A.) he can at least hold his own on defense B.) use him on offense

Hopefully Copeland gets more playing time, it'll be interesting.

http://www.vigilantsports.com/2014/0...eds-20-pounds/

That BS about his defense was overblown. Vogel is just **** poor at anything remotely resembling offense. But his extra muscle did slow him down. He worked out with Tyson Chandler last Summer to add muscle so he could bring a post-up game to Indy. Didn't work out because he didn't see many minutes and we didn't run much post stuff for him when he was here. Glad to hear he's dropping weight though. Roy needs to do the same.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

LMAO!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...n-philly-nope/

The Indiana Pacers could have kept Evan Turner for $8.7 million a year but chose not to, they did not extend a qualifying offer to him and making him an unrestricted free agent.

Turner, the 2010 No. 2 pick, got nibbles but was not one of the big players in free agency and ended up signing with Boston for a portion of their mid-level exception on a two-year deal.

Turner averaged 17.4 points a game for a Sixers team that needed someone to take shots. If the Sixers hadn’t traded him, Turner’s agent David Falk spun that Turner could have gotten an eight figure contract, speaking to Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald.

“I think he was probably the most undervalued free agent on the market. Evan was in a dramatically different situation the day before the deadline than he was when he finished the year. He didn’t get a lot of playing time in Indiana unfortunately…

“Had Evan stayed in Philly with those kind of numbers, more than likely he would have made in excess of $10 million a year,” he said. “So we obviously didn’t want to lock him into a long-term kind of a deal, and I think, likewise, the Celtics want to see. They know Evan was the national Player of the Year (in 2009-10). They know that over the last two years he’s averaged 14, 6 and 4 (13.7 points, 5.7 rebounds, 3.8 assists), which are pretty good numbers. So I think this is an opportunity for him to re-establish his value in a new environment.

Ten million a year? Um… no.

That’s what any good agent should spin, but that’s not how things would have worked out. If he had not been traded Turner likely would have made more than he ultimately was offered because some GM would have been more inclined to give him a shot, but a lot of teams feared that Turner’s numbers in Philly were system related.

Turner averaged 17.4 a game in Philly last season but he didn’t do it efficiently, taking 58.5 percent of his shots from the midrange and with a true shooting percentage below the league average at .504. Basically he’s a volume shooter who lives and dies by a shot teams are trying to take fewer of.

Falk is right this is a reclamation project — Turner has got the chance in Boston to show he can score within a system (here is a good breakdown of Turner’s game). Turner does some things well, he plays a smart game and is a good rebounder for his position, but he’s got to become a more efficient scorer and be able to consistently hit threes somewhere on the court other than the left corner.
    I couldn't understand why Evan Turner didn't get a lot of playing time here.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I watched a cheap found footage movie last night where they were looking for Bigfoot and the main character going after Bigfoot was named Chris Copeland. I started laughing out loud thinking that Bigfoot has a more likely chance to see the floor under Vogel than Chris Copeland does.

At Center for your Pacers....an 8' 2" beast of a player from the Pacific Northwest....................BIIIIIIGGGGFFFOOOOOOO OTT! So long Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    LMAO!

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...n-philly-nope/

I couldn't understand why Evan Turner didn't get a lot of playing time here.....
    I felt as a primary ball handler he was too slow and he sure had a lot of his shots blocked. His defense was fairly bad also.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

As far as trading West goes and his "decline", we would have been knocked out of the first round of the playoffs without him and would have went to a game 7 against the Wizards. I'd rather keep him around and then replace him when the time comes via free agency or trade.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    As far as trading West goes and his "decline", we would have been knocked out of the first round of the playoffs without him and would have went to a game 7 against the Wizards. I'd rather keep him around and then replace him when the time comes via free agency or trade.
    West averaged 15+ ppg in the playoffs, he isn't done yet.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    West averaged 15+ ppg in the playoffs, he isn't done yet.
    He needs lots of rest during the regular season. Play your other players coach.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

John Lucas, Malcolm Thomas, and Erik Murphy.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...16823331528705
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "