Page 254 of 322 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304 ... LastLast
Results 6,326 to 6,350 of 8036

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Teams can have up to 20 players during the offseason.

But if he's signed to a contract, we can't just cut him during/after pre-season right?

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    and for more than the minimum
    That's more than I expected.

Ok, I have been quite harsh on Turner in the past, but he really was a bad fit here. Maybe he would look better in a different environment Boston seems like an odd fit though, they already have a bunch of wings who can't shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    That's more than I expected.

Ok, I have been quite harsh on Turner in the past, but he really was a bad fit here. Maybe he would look better in a different environment Boston seems like an odd fit though, they already have a bunch of wings who can't shoot.

He fit quite well as a starter. Coming off the bench wasn't working for him. He's too talented to come off the bench first of all. Second of all, we gave him no bench pieces worth his talents. Ian couldn't shoot, Scola was injured old, and slow and that affected his game. He dimed CJ quite well (especially in the OKC game). But teams are not gonna let CJ just continue to be out there putting up 3's. And Lance wasn't a great shooter and also was a mirror image of Evan. Er go, Evan didn't have what he needed around him to even create a remotely effective bench persona.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    By the way, Sham's page lists CJ Miles as having a player option on his last year. I don't think that was reported before. Good for CJ.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    But if he's signed to a contract, we can't just cut him during/after pre-season right?
    The Pacers can cut him any time they want to. They could theoretically cut him the day after he signed the contract.

There's restrictions on trades, but not waivers.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

That's weird. I'd be pretty surprised if we made a trade now, before the season I mean. But no doubt Agness is more in touch with the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    That's weird. I'd be pretty surprised if we made a trade now, before the season I mean. But no doubt Agness is more in touch with the situation.
    If we went into next season with Hill at PG I think Pacers fans (most anyways) would be ready to tar and feather Larry. I think at this point, we're beyond the "give em another year", or "it's not that big of a deal" stage with Hill at PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    If we went into next season with Hill at PG I think Pacers fans (most anyways) would be ready to tar and feather Larry. I think at this point, we're beyond the "give em another year", or "it's not that big of a deal" stage with Hill at PG.
    I'd love to get a top tier pg but I doubt if that's going to happen now. Hill is fine as our starting pg and we do not need to make a change at center either. You can't make constant wholesale changes and expect to be better the following year. We have a solid core and unless a top pg becomes available on the cheap, we need to stick with our core and not screw up the best defense in the league buy trying to change the direction of this team.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I'd love to get a top tier pg but I doubt if that's going to happen now. Hill is fine as our starting pg and we do not need to make a change at center either. You can't make constant wholesale changes and expect to be better the following year. We have a solid core and unless a top pg becomes available on the cheap, we need to stick with our core and not screw up the best defense in the league buy trying to change the direction of this team.

I've moved on from trading Hibbert unless we can get Monroe. Would be easier to deal West for a replacement. I see Dragic or Reggie Jackson in our future by the way. Darkhorse would be one of Houston's point guards. Daniels or Canaan.

A REAL DARKHORSE........ Rondo. And also Bledsoe (because of his contract demands), and Knight (Milwaukee).

POssible Pacers trade targets according to grimp: Everyone.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    POssible Pacers trade targets according to grimp: Everyone.
    Nonsense.

The fact that the FO tried for Goran weeks ago? Indicates they're going in a very high direction. I think if Phoenix does pay Bledsoe his money? Goran is as good as gone. Then again, Rondo is also as good as gone in Bean town. Problem is, we can't deal a Hibbert to Boston for Rondo unless we get a center back. In a possible scenario like this, how do you feel about Zeller, Sullinger? It could also be West who's dealt there.

Robbie Hummel re-signs with T-Wolves (1 year $900K guaranteed)
    http://www.canishoopus.com/2014/7/21...-robbie-hummel

edit: that wasn't me with the photoshop skillz by the way
    Last edited by dal9; 07-21-2014 at 10:58 PM.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

I still don't see how you CAN make a trade. There's PG and Dwest who have value. PG is untouchable, unless it's a Durant-type. DWest is your leadership/foundation/braun. Then CJ Watson, on a much smaller scale. Everyone else is 'even' at best (GHill) or negative (Roy). There's no one else. A middling draft pick too. What's that get you?

Only thing I can think of is if you move DWest for a Point Guard, but then you have a gapping hole at PF.

Let's pretend the Suns would take GHill and DWest and #1 for Dragic or Boston for Rondo. What then? The poo poo platter of Scola, Copeland, and Lavoy Allen as your PF rotation? You'll have lost 3 starters from an ECF team and got a stud PG who will have to be resigned to a max contract.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a true Point Guard here, but at what cost to the team.

I just can't think of something that makes you better.

Better to wait until the trade deadline and A. see what you have B. maybe have more value from Roy playing better/expiring contracts (in 1.5 yrs.)
    Last edited by Speed; 07-22-2014 at 07:05 AM.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

It will be very hard for the Pacers to maximize trade value for Hibbert, West or Hill this offseason. I see next offseason or even the 2016 trade deadline as the most likely time for something bigger to happen. Any smart trade this offseason likely has to include moving one of the back-up 4's or maybe Watson for another complimentary player.

We don't have much of value other than expiring contracts, but Watson, Copeland and Scola add up to $10 million that will come off the books at the end of the season. If reports about Chris Singleton are to be believed, then Solomon Hill might be on the table in trade talks too. Add a 1st round pick, and you might be able to get somebody decent, but I really don't see it.

For those looking to trade with Boston, the Celtics already have 18 players on their roster. Three of those players are on non-guaranteed deals, though, so if they don't trim the roster through trades, they'll probably just cut them. I doubt they'd take our expirings and extras for Rondo.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Singleton would be a nice defensive wing off the bench to give George a breather against the great perimeter wings.

[QUOTE=Speed;1894474]

Let's pretend the Suns would take GHill and DWest and #1 for Dragic or Boston for Rondo. /QUOTE]

Are you pretending both Hill and DWest don't have a total of 20 mil in salary when Dragic salary is 8 mil? Then you want to add a 1st too? As much as I'd like to get Dragic, that's way overpaying.

Maybe you meant EITHER Hill or DWest and a 1st. If so Hill's salary matches up fine with Dragic, but DWests doesn't. That means the Suns would have to send a player back, or if they are under the cap a TE. I'd jump all over the Hill and a 1st deal, but I'm not going top pretend the Suns would.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I still don't see how you CAN make a trade. There's PG and Dwest who have value. PG is untouchable, unless it's a Durant-type. DWest is your leadership/foundation/braun. Then CJ Watson, on a much smaller scale. Everyone else is 'even' at best (GHill) or negative (Roy). There's no one else. A middling draft pick too. What's that get you?

Only thing I can think of is if you move DWest for a Point Guard, but then you have a gapping hole at PF.

Let's pretend the Suns would take GHill and DWest and #1 for Dragic or Boston for Rondo. What then? The poo poo platter of Scola, Copeland, and Lavoy Allen as your PF rotation? You'll have lost 3 starters from an ECF team and got a stud PG who will have to be resigned to a max contract.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a true Point Guard here, but at what cost to the team.

I just can't think of something that makes you better.

Better to wait until the trade deadline and A. see what you have B. maybe have more value from Roy playing better/expiring contracts (in 1.5 yrs.)

One trade I like is West to Milwaukee for Middleton and Knight. I also think we can pull in a third team and maybe get what we want that way.

Why did Charlotte let Josh McRoberts go to Miami for $5.3 million a year and then turn around and pay Marvin Williams $7 million per? Is Williams supposed to be better than McRoberts?

29. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1894485]
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post

Let's pretend the Suns would take GHill and DWest and #1 for Dragic or Boston for Rondo. /QUOTE]

Are you pretending both Hill and DWest don't have a total of 20 mil in salary when Dragic salary is 8 mil? Then you want to add a 1st too? As much as I'd like to get Dragic, that's way overpaying.

Maybe you meant EITHER Hill or DWest and a 1st. If so Hill's salary matches up fine with Dragic, but DWests doesn't. That means the Suns would have to send a player back, or if they are under the cap a TE. I'd jump all over the Hill and a 1st deal, but I'm not going top pretend the Suns would.
    Nope not constructing a trade scenario, just making the point that if you give up the few assets you have, you create a hole somewhere else equal or bigger, atm.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Why did Charlotte let Josh McRoberts go to Miami for $5.3 million a year and then turn around and pay Marvin Williams $7 million per? Is Williams supposed to be better than McRoberts?

Better yet, why has every team he's played on either traded him or not re-signed him? Portland, Pacers, Lakers, Magic, and Charlotte. Miami will be his 6th team since being drafted in 07. What is it about him that teams don't keep him?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Better yet, why has every team he's played on either traded him or not re-signed him? Portland, Pacers, Lakers, Magic, and Charlotte. Miami will be his 6th team since being drafted in 07. What is it about him that teams don't keep him?
    Charlotte wanted to keep him, I think they just underestimated his market value around the league.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

I wonder what it would take to get Goodwin from the Suns as a future replacement for Stephenson? He was a 29th pick in 013 out of KY. He's on a cheap rookie contract.