Page 251 of 327 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261301 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 8173

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That was the first and only time in Garnett's 12 seasons in Minnesota that they made it out of the first round.
    Timberwolves have been a horsebleep outfit pretty much since the day Glen Taylor has owned them. You are 100% correct that they wasted Garnett's tenure in an unprecedented way and there is little reason to expect Love's time there would end any different. Having said that there is no way the T'wolves are quite stupid enough to make the trade without Wiggins being included. They will just move on to wasting that opportunity as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    Timberwolves have been a horsebleep outfit pretty much since the day Glen Taylor has owned them. You are 100% correct that they wasted Garnett's tenure in an unprecedented way and there is little reason to expect Love's time there would end any different. Having said that there is no way the T'wolves are quite stupid enough to make the trade without Wiggins being included. They will just move on to wasting that opportunity as well.

Big problem was Kevin McHale was the GM. McHale was a terrible GM!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post

Wow, that would be a horrible trade idea for the Lakers, overpay an often injured guy from Phoenix (remember Nash), and give up a potentially great player in Randle. If I'm the Suns I take that and run.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone giving a max deal to Eric Bledsoe or thinking it's a good idea should be mentally evaluated immediately. You don't pay max money to a guy who in his only season as a starter had injury problems. That's straight up crazy to pay a guy that when he's only started a maximum of 40 games in a single season.

Who is Jon Bloom?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post

Have the Lakers done anything good since the Buss kids took over. This would be way too much to give up for a point guard who may not be a top 10 guy in that position.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

So, do you remember Jusuf Nurkić? He is the guy that Chicago drafted at #16 and then traded to Denver along with Gary Harris and a future second for Doug McDermott (and Anthony Randolph).

He was representing the Bosnian NT in the U20 EuroBasket Division B that took place in Sarajevo (Bosnia's capital) and just concluded today. It seems like he had a great tournament.

The Final game of the tournament ended a few minutes ago and Bosnia beat Belgium 76-70. Nurkić scored 34 points (9/14 shooting, 16/18 FTs), grabbed 13 rebounds, had 4 assists and blocked 2 shots. The only negative is that he also committed 6 turnovers.

In a game against Cyprus in the group phrase of the tournament he had 14 points (5/10 shooting, 1/2 from 3 and 3/4 FTs), 8 rebounds, 9 blocks and 3 assists in just 18 minutes of play (he had foul trouble). He also had a 30/17 game against Portugal and a 24/16 game against Romania.

In general, he averaged 21.3 PPG, 12 RPG, 3.2 APG, 2.6 BPG and 1.7 SPG throughout the tournament. He shot 55.1% from the field and 76.1% from the FT line but on the downside he did commit 4.5 turnovers per game as well.

It's also important to note that this was the EuroBasket's 2nd Division (yes, the youth EuroBasket is divided in divisions like a league) and therefore his competition wasn't the strongest possible but those numbers are still quite impressive.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    So, do you remember Jusuf Nurkić? He is the guy that Chicago drafted at #16 and then traded to Denver along with Gary Harris and a future second for Doug McDermott (and Anthony Randolph).

He was representing the Bosnian NT in the U20 EuroBasket Division B that took place in Sarajevo (Bosnia's capital) and just concluded today. It seems like he had a great tournament.

The Final game of the tournament ended a few minutes ago and Bosnia beat Belgium 76-70. Nurkić scored 34 points (9/14 shooting, 16/18 FTs), grabbed 13 rebounds, had 4 assists and blocked 2 shots. The only negative is that he also committed 6 turnovers.

In a game against Cyprus in the group phrase of the tournament he had 14 points (5/10 shooting, 1/2 from 3 and 3/4 FTs), 8 rebounds, 9 blocks and 3 assists in just 18 minutes of play (he had foul trouble). He also had a 30/17 game against Portugal and a 24/16 game against Romania.

In general, he averaged 21.3 PPG, 12 RPG, 3.2 APG, 2.6 BPG and 1.7 SPG throughout the tournament. He shot 55.1% from the field and 76.1% from the FT line but on the downside he did commit 4.5 turnovers per game as well.

It's also important to note that this was the EuroBasket's 2nd Division (yes, the youth EuroBasket is divided in divisions like a league) and therefore his competition wasn't the strongest possible but those numbers are still quite impressive.
    Also taking into account a guy like donald Sloan could probably put up good numbers in the euro league...

Basketball here and there has about the same competition difference as soccer here and there.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Also taking into account a guy like donald Sloan could probably put up good numbers in the euro league...

Basketball here and there has about the same competition difference as soccer here and there.
    I'm not talking about some Euro league. I'm talking about the EuroBasket. The EuroBasket is a national team competition so the level is higher than some random European league.

That said there are some quite good European leagues. The Adriatic League (also known as the ABA League) contains the best teams from every ex-Yugoslav country plus Hungary's champion so the overall level is quite good. Both Dario Šarić and Jusuf Nurkić that went into the mid 10s of this year's draft played in this league (Šarić for Cibona, Nurkić for Cedevita).

That said, it's certainly possible for an NBA player to go there and play very well. They are just not going to average 20 PPG unless their team is not very good and expects everything from them.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Who is Jon Bloom?

Mood

Good thing you concluded with the nugget on the competition level. While I was reading it I was ready to point that out lol. Most of the teams he played against were D3 college level teams. Some even high school level. I only caught a few games of that tournament mainly due to the level of play. I have been getting caught up on the u17 women's fiba tournament. I am Hungarian so watching the girls play like they did was awesome. We are coming a long way as a country basketball wise. I am planning to come over next year and work some exposure camps in Budapest along with a few other countries.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Good thing you concluded with the nugget on the competition level. While I was reading it I was ready to point that out lol. Most of the teams he played against were D3 college level teams. Some even high school level. I only caught a few games of that tournament mainly due to the level of play. I have been getting caught up on the u17 women's fiba tournament. I am Hungarian so watching the girls play like they did was awesome. We are coming a long way as a country basketball wise. I am planning to come over next year and work some exposure camps in Budapest along with a few other countries.
    Ah, I didn't know you were Hungarian. Hungary is one of my favorite countries. I absolutely love the Hungarian language and Budapest was beautiful when I visited it. Also, Péter Kovács has always been one of my favorite footballers and I appreciated Hungary's inclination to produce some giants (like Gergely Somogyi). I want to find a way to watch the game of the U18 EuroBasket so bad and if I manage to do that I'll definitely try to catch a glimpse of Balázs Peringer.

By the way, did you watch the U20 EuroBasket Finals last night? Talat Altunbey exhibited some great toughness and had a couple of plays on both ends of the court that gave a lot of momentum to Turkey.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Ah, I didn't know you were Hungarian. Hungary is one of my favorite countries. I absolutely love the Hungarian language and Budapest was beautiful when I visited it. Also, Péter Kovács has always been one of my favorite footballers and I appreciated Hungary's inclination to produce some giants (like Gergely Somogyi). I want to find a way to watch the game of the U18 EuroBasket so bad and if I manage to do that I'll definitely try to catch a glimpse of Balázs Peringer.

By the way, did you watch the U20 EuroBasket Finals last night? Talat Altunbey exhibited some great toughness and had a couple of plays on both ends of the court that gave a lot of momentum to Turkey.
    Hungarian is so hard. I spent every summer over there from age 3-16. I didn't learn any Hungarian. My pops who is full blood Hungarian couldn't teach me before he passed. We got rid of our house over there after he pasted. But yes Budapest is my favorite city in the world. If I ever get a coaching opportunity in Budapest I don't see myself passing on it.

On Somogyi I was shocked he has been in the SL the past two years. He was awful at San Barbara but you can't teach 7'3. He actually looked decent out here in Vegas he was really improved.

I haven't watched any European basketball this year outside of a few fiba tournaments sadly

Sports Logo

Hungarian is so hard. I spent every summer over there from age 3-16. I didn't learn any Hungarian. My pops who is full blood Hungarian couldn't teach me before he passed. We got rid of our house over there after he pasted. But yes Budapest is my favorite city in the world. If I ever get a coaching opportunity in Budapest I don't see myself passing on it.
    I plan on learning Hungarian at some point. I'm learning Russian at the moment and I will soon pick up Finnish (and maybe Estonian as well). Logically, Hungarian will be my next choice after I learn those 3 languages.

On Somogyi I was shocked he has been in the SL the past two years. He was awful at San Barbara but you can't teach 7'3. He actually looked decent out here in Vegas he was really improved.
    Experience always plays a big part.

I haven't watched any European basketball this year outside of a few fiba tournaments sadly
    Well, the U18 and U16 champinships start soon and they will end around the time that the FIBA World Cup starts

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Anybody think we could have a decent back-up center to take over after Mahinmi is done in Shayne Whittington? Or is he more of a 4/Just not good enough?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Anybody think we could have a decent back-up center to take over after Mahinmi is done in Shayne Whittington? Or is he more of a 4/Just not good enough?
    I haven't been home in months. I will be back mid August. I didn't watch any MAC(they recently renamed it but I don't know what too) play last year I hate that conference terrible basketball. When I get back home I will rip sime of his games.I am surprised TBird didn't break him down on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    We have a good center right now ready to take over for Mahinmi in Levoy Allen.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

I haven't been home in months. I will be back mid August. I didn't watch any MAC(they recently renamed it but I don't know what too) play last year I hate that conference terrible basketball. When I get back home I will rip sime of his games.I am surprised TBird didn't break him down on here.
    It is too bad you didn't see much MACtion 8-15 years ago. The conference actually had some decent hoops tradition and small conference basketball.

Lately the sledding has been rough though, I will grant you that.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 1m
    Wizards free agent Chris Singleton, who avg 3 ppg & 2.2 pg last season, has received interest from likes of Miami & Indiana, a source said.
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    Wizards free agent Chris Singleton, who avg 3 ppg & 2.2 pg last season, has received interest from likes of Miami & Indiana, a source said.
    W.T.F

Why? And how many roster spots do we have? Granted we can cut Shayne Whittington and some others if we have to during camp, or a trade could be coming I suppose.

But still, why Chris Singleton? Ugh. Let Miami have him.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

well if we sign him wouldn't that mean we have 16 players and have to cut/trade someone?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

With what money? Another bench fodder that won't see the floor except in garbage time under Vogel. If he wants to play, Miami would be the better choice.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    well if we sign him wouldn't that mean we have 16 players and have to cut/trade someone?
    Not right away. Teams can go over the roster limit during the offseason.

I think we could use wing depth. And anyway it would only be for the minimum. Tbird at least would be happy, he's always talked up Singleton.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Not right away. Teams can go over the roster limit during the offseason.

I think we could use wing depth. And anyway it would only be for the minimum. Tbird at least would be happy, he's always talked up Singleton.

IIRC, a few years ago he had a nice game against the Pacers. Hit some 3's IIRC.
    Then what bench player in their career hasn't had a good game against the Pacers?

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post: