Page 249 of 327 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259299 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Honestly, I'm just waiting for the day Kendall beats Woj to some breaking news on Twitter.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more clamoring to sign Kendall Marshall with the forums obsession with getting a "pure pg." What are the rules for claiming someone off waivers? Could we cut Sloan and claim Marshall?

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jason Whitlock can **** right off. The guy wanted us to lose in the first round against Atlanta.
    They don't even let him sit in for Wilbon on PTI anymore. They can't find chairs that big.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    I'm surprised I'm not seeing more clamoring to sign Kendall Marshall with the forums obsession with getting a "pure pg." What are the rules for claiming someone off waivers? Could we cut Sloan and claim Marshall?
    shags already posted earlier, but basically teams in reverse order of their records get their chance to pick up Marshall. As Marshall is on minimum salary, that means any team can pick him up. During offseason we can go over the roster limit so we won't need to cut anyone right away.

Fun fact: TPEs can be used to claim players off the waiver wire. It's not needed in this case though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    shags already posted earlier, but basically teams in reverse order of their records get their chance to pick up Marshall. As Marshall is on minimum salary, that means any team can pick him up. During offseason we can go over the roster limit so we won't need to cut anyone right away.

Fun fact: TPEs can be used to claim players off the waiver wire. It's not needed in this case though.

Marshall would be a good back up point guard for us. If not Marshall, I'd like to see us swing a tiny deal for Marcus Thornton's final year. And have him and Stuckey as our backup back court.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

From what I've heard, the T'Wolves don't want to rebuild again, so that's probably why they aren't immediately taking the Cavs offer. They're probably looking for a 3rd team to take Waiters and Bennett from them, and get a veteran player.

The Pacers could probably offer West to the Wolves and get a decent haul, I'd really doubt Wiggins, but some of the pieces rumored. West is pretty much off the trade table though so the point is moot.
    Last edited by Cactus Jax; 07-19-2014 at 04:02 AM.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Give them miles and Stuckey for Wiggins lol jk of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    Give them miles and Stuckey for Wiggins lol jk of course.
    Nah I think that might work. Throw in a couple of first round pick

Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    Nah I think that might work. Throw in a couple of first round picks
    and some guy named "Filler"

there always seems to be Filler involved
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    yeah, cuz those guys carried crap rosters to ringzzz.

and the built not bought thing was dumb then and it's dumb now. it didn't even work, you wanna brag about 2nd place?
    Lebron is setting a precedent for the best player in the league to sign 2-yr contracts so he can join whatever team he wants every two years. He could win 8 more titles with this method and i wouldnt be too surprised. But no, he is just like Bird, Magic and MJ because they had great teams too!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    From what I've heard, the T'Wolves don't want to rebuild again, so that's probably why they aren't immediately taking the Cavs offer. They're probably looking for a 3rd team to take Waiters and Bennett from them, and get a veteran player.

The Pacers could probably offer West to the Wolves and get a decent haul, I'd really doubt Wiggins, but some of the pieces rumored. West is pretty much off the trade table though so the point is moot.
    Geeze, if that is the case fire the GM. Like other posters have said, the Cavs offer of Wiggins and Bennett is as good as you are going to get.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    Would rather have Nelson who is a proven veteran PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post

That's why I feel if Larry wanted Kevin Love he could probably get him. PROBABLY. Because of what you said about Minny not wanting youngsters, unproven players, and picks. West + Hibbert + Copeland would definitely get the conversation started. All of these guys have experience in the playoffs and can ball. We'd just need to find a team to offer Minny some young players to go with those guys. Maybe Philly with Thad Young and Wroten? And maybe we offer a future 1st? I know people are gonna say I'm nuts, but if Minny is looking for battle tested guys in exchange for Love, we have them.

Bleacher Report on Andrew Bynum:
    “If he’s healthy, Phil will be interested,’’ Lee told The Post. “Phil knew how to tap into Andrew. They got along famously.’’

Bynum, the Jersey product who was a young stud center for two of Jackson’s Lakers title teams, would undergo the procedure as a means to extend his career.

“He would be looking at in a longer-term situation,’’ Lee said. “He’s still a baby. If he went to college, he’d be coming off his rookie contract at age 26.’’
    Bleacher Report on Metta World Peace:
    The Knicks have discussed whether to extend a training-camp invitation to Metta World Peace on a mostly non-guaranteed deal.

World Peace is eager to reunite with his former Lakers coach, Phil Jackson, and his former Los Angeles teammate, coach Derek Fisher, and erase the bitter memory of his original homecoming.

“[World Peace] has the utmost respect for Phil and Derek,’’ his agent, Marc Cornstein, told The Post. “There’s a history there. They know he’s out there.’’

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    That's why I feel if Larry wanted Kevin Love he could probably get him. PROBABLY. Because of what you said about Minny not wanting youngsters, unproven players, and picks. West + Hibbert + Copeland would definitely get the conversation started. All of these guys have experience in the playoffs and can ball. We'd just need to find a team to offer Minny some young players to go with those guys. Maybe Philly with Thad Young and Wroten? And maybe we offer a future 1st? I know people are gonna say I'm nuts, but if Minny is looking for battle tested guys in exchange for Love, we have them.
    The problem would be getting Kevin Love to sign an extension. If we could get love for West and Hibbert and have him to agree to a 5 year extension I am game.

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    Would rather have Nelson who is a proven veteran PG.
    Heard Pelicans we're interested. Has he signed? I think he would have been a solid addition, whether starting or playing off the bench. Wonder if we showed any interest? Wonder if we had any chance? I don't know what conditions might have impacted our ability to go after him.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I understand the T-Wolves not wanting to rebuild again, but I would be shocked if they would want Hibbs/West over Waiters/Wiggins/Bennett. I realize there is more uncertainty with the younger guys, but way more upside IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    Heard Pelicans we're interested. Has he signed? I think he would have been a solid addition, whether starting or playing off the bench. Wonder if we showed any interest? Wonder if we had any chance? I don't know what conditions might have impacted our ability to go after him.
    I keep seeing people mention Nelson. He used to be a good player, but he's shot horribly the last few years, and he has never been good defensively. Outside of being able to knock down threes, IDK what else he would bring to the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash
    Yeah, that's the problem. I don't think anyone on this board is as big of a jerk in person as they come across on here. Except maybe Nuntius. Dude is impossibly nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    He is a saint, cdash. If a mosquito landed on his arm trying to bite him he would tell it " Go on son, do your thing".

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    The problem would be getting Kevin Love to sign an extension. If we could get love for West and Hibbert and have him to agree to a 5 year extension I am game.
    We're a contender so I think he'd stay. But yeah we'd need a commitment from him before making that move I agree. A solid commitment, like.. sign the contract the moment you step off the plane and onto the tarmac... kind of commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    I imagine on the condition that we offered him minimum salary.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    I keep seeing people mention Nelson. He used to be a good player, but he's shot horribly the last few years, and he has never been good defensively. Outside of being able to knock down threes, IDK what else he would bring to the team.
    Those have been my feelings on Nelson, too. CJ Watson can do everything he currently is able to do and I think CJ's a much better on-ball defender.

Both the Cavs and Wolves are foolish right now.

Cavs are foolish to offer the league's past two number one draft picks and potentially the 2015 Miami pick which could be decent. There is no reason to offer that much for a guy who has never even played in a playoff game when it doesn't appear that any other deal is imminent at the moment. Start the season with Wiggins and wait until the trade deadline when Minnesota is sweating. Also, I know that Bennett did his best Olowokandi impression last year, but you cannot completely write the guy off yet. And then to add ANOTHER first rounder? Too too too much. There is just no reason to pay that high of a price tag in July when you are not up against the clock or another team that is on the verge of scooping him.

Wolves are equal fools if they didn't immediately jump right on this offer. Hell that would be a better haul than the Lakers got for freaking Shaquille O'Neal in 2004. Yeah I get that Shaq was older than Love, but he was still Shaq.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Both the Cavs and Wolves are foolish right now.

Cavs are foolish to offer the league's past two number one draft picks and potentially the 2015 Miami pick which could be decent. There is no reason to offer that much for a guy who has never even played in a playoff game when it doesn't appear that any other deal is imminent at the moment. Start the season with Wiggins and wait until the trade deadline when Minnesota is sweating. Also, I know that Bennett did his best Olowokandi impression last year, but you cannot completely write the guy off yet. And then to add ANOTHER first rounder? Too too too much. There is just no reason to pay that high of a price tag in July when you are not up against the clock or another team that is on the verge of scooping him.

Wolves are equal fools if they didn't immediately jump right on this offer. Hell that would be a better haul than the Lakers got for freaking Shaquille O'Neal in 2004. Yeah I get that Shaq was older than Love, but he was still Shaq.
    Let me ask you something. Is David Griffin the most schizophrenic executive in the league? He goes from debating trading #1, Parker, or Wiggins into we will not trade Wiggins for anyone, then a second later he will not only trade Wiggins, but also Anthony Bennett for Kevin Love.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Why do some of u put heavy consideration into whether a Player like KLove.....a top 5 PF ( especially one that can hit the 3pt shot and can pass the ball and rebound )....made the Playoffs or not. The guy had the misfortune of playing for a really crappy TWolves Team since he was drafted. Could his #s be inflated or isn't living up to his contract and/or where he is drafted? IMHO...no....the guy is at worst a near Elite PF...and likely fits as well ( if not better ) than Bosh. The Cavs are making this move to appease LeBron...cuz KLove will likely contribute more in the 2 years that LeBron is here than Wiggins will. Wiggins is the better option for the long term.....but the Cavs MUST think Short Term to show LeBron that they are committed to winning here and now.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Griffin is a pawn. He was a puppet of Dan Gilbert even before lebron got there, and Gilbert has essentially handed him over.

Lebron is player/GM of the cavs. He's already signed two of his Miami buddies, he's already decided he wants Kevin love at any cost.

If Griffin tells lebron he's not giving up wiggins, lebron will have Gilbert can him and replaced with someone who will follow orders.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post: