Page 230 of 327 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. For the life of me I am having trouble understanding Cleveland's stance on Wiggins.

On one hand, the wrestled amongst themselves about drafting Wiggins or Parker. Cleveland also contemplated trading the pick. Heck, on the day of the draft they invited Dante Exum to workout for them. It seemed as if they liked Wiggins the best, but were far from in love with him.

Fast forward two weeks it seems like they have the opportunity to move Wiggins to acquire a top 10 player in Kevin Love whose skillset really complements Lebron and is around the same age, and Cleveland declines to do this because they are so in love with Wiggins apparently.

Color me confused.
    Given the current circumstances around salary cap, it's clear that an important aspect of winning is getting high production players on low $ contracts to fill out a team.

Rookie contracts are the best game in town when it comes to bang for the buck.

The Pacers understand this from experience. We're dealing this offseason with the ramifications of talent coming off of rookie contracts. Lance and PG were hugely productive per dollar spent.

This is part of the reason I'm so pissed at our team for not taking advantage of the unique opportunity they had last year to go all of the way.

I suspect that Cleveland sees that with Wiggins. In many ways, one could construe him as more valuable pound for pound than Love.

Getting Lebron totally changes their gameplan. Without Lebron, their willingness to use Wiggins as a chip is likely very very different than it is now.

Cleveland already has half of their salary committed to Lebron and Irving.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    If Milwaukee manages to get Bledsoe while we go into next season with Hill at PG Larry should be put on hiatus. They have nothing to trade Phoenix unless they plan on signing Bledsoe away.
    what if the Greek Freak is available?
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    And a Milwaukee 1st rounder is very attractive

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Maybe I'm a nerd, but I'm really looking forward to Lebron and how he handles basically being a "coach on the floor". So many young players to learn from him. Maybe Cleveland wouldn't want Love because he is already an established veteran, and wouldn't be as receptive to Lebron's advice
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sam Smith @SamSmithHoops about 8 minutes ago

Bulls say goodbye to Carlos Boozer. Have used amnesty provision. Teams will be able bid for him.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Wiggins could be the face of the franchise after Lebron leaves Cleveland again or retires. You don't want to trade a potential superstar to anchor your team for the next era.
    Lol, Kevin Love is only 25 years old and already a probably Hall of Famer. He's a perfect compliment to what CLE already has and what they need. There's no reason to not move Wiggins for Love.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

11 year age difference between lebron and Wiggins is risky if the cavs want to win now. Their primes will never overlap. If you're the Cavs you don't give two ****s about what happens 10 years from now, you want your championship window NOW, before LeBron starts to decline.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

In the Wiggins vs. Love discussion you also have to keep in mind the low cost of Wiggins for 4 years vs. max money for Love.

What if if comes down to having Wiggins plus also having 3 other rotation players signing for well over the minimum (MLE deals, even),

vs. having Love and the same number of guys, but hangers-on making vet minimum contracts?

I'm on record as preferring Wiggins. I think in 10 years he might be where Kobe was after 10 years. At worst, I'm thinking he's a Tony Allen-type wing defender with a jump shot that isn't broken.

I'm sure the first 2 years are going to have some growing pains, but it will be worth it.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Miami with 3 stars plus 9 hangers-on made 4 finals and won 2 of them.

I imagine they would've made him available in any talks for Hibbert. They need a center more than they need a PG. They actually already have a decent PG in Knight. Their center position with Sanders the head case and Henson who they don't seem to know what to do with. Is a mess.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I imagine they would've made him available in any talks for Hibbert. They need a center more than they need a PG. They actually already have a decent PG in Knight. Their center position with Sanders the head case and Henson who they don't seem to know what to do with. Is a mess.
    Knight isn't any better than Hill, yet you want him shipped out.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post

Idk how Amnesty bidding works, but Charlotte would have to use salary cap space to get him right?

Interesting hearing some of the stories leaking out of Miami on the radio, Dan LeBatard mostly.

Besides "going home" Lebron left in part because..

-He was tired of carrying those hangers-on,
    -He didn't like being told by Pat Riley that his buddies can't hang out in the locker room or in the practice arena,
    -He got nowhere with the idea that he should be able to tell Pat Riley to NOT amnesty Mike Miller and to NOT salary dump Joel Anthony,
    -He got nowhere on a host of other littler things, like telling Spo/Pat Riley that he'd rather not take the team plane back from a road trip so that he can attend Chris Paul's party instead, then catch up to the team by taking a charter the next day.

Plus the Las Vegas meetings with Riley and Wade came after he had already written a draft of the SI letter.

Miami is finding that sleeping with snakes can get you some snake bites.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 07-15-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Interesting hearing some of the stories leaking out of Miami on the radio, Dan LeBatard mostly.

-He didn't like being told by Pat Riley that his buddies can't hang out in the locker room or in the practice arena,
    -He got nowhere with the idea that he should be able to tell Pat Riley to NOT amnesty Mike Miller and to NOT salary dump Joel Anthony,
    -He got nowhere on a host of other littler things, like telling Spo/Pat Riley that he'd rather not take the team plane back from a road trip so that he can attend Chris Paul's party instead, then catch up to the team by taking a charter the next day,
    Probably partly because of Riley's "run through the first door" comment as well. Riley's ego end up costing him best player on planet?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Knight isn't any better than Hill, yet you want him shipped out.

I think I said this before but here goes again...... Knight has a pulse. That makes him better. By how much talent wise? Is up for debate.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    I don't know all of those in's and out's. I have been quoting something posted on Hoopshype :

"Indiana is among the teams that definitely have interest in bringing in Carlos Boozer if he’s waived by the Bulls via the amnesty provision. New York Daily News
    Rumors tagsChicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, Carlos Boozer
    - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/indiana_pacers#sthash.2KP5w9xs.dpuf"

So, according to you NY Daily News is wrong.

You wrong? They're wrong? What's a brother to think?
    Never trust a New York tabloid paper.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    Idk how Amnesty bidding works, but Charlotte would have to use salary cap space to get him right?
    yes, but they might not have to spend much. Boozer still gets every penny of his Chicago salary. They might get him for a modest bid of a few million, depending on how they gauge the interest of other possible bidders.

Knight has a pulse but no handle.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Sam Smith @SamSmithHoops about 8 minutes ago

Bulls say goodbye to Carlos Boozer. Have used amnesty provision. Teams will be able bid for him.
    I'm in for a dollar. And a pack of black sharpies.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

27. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

He took them to four straight finals, it's hard to call LeBron a snake for wanting a couple perks along the way.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

and

Hey, at least they aren't saying that Birdman slept with LeBron's mom.

-He got nowhere on a host of other littler things, like telling Spo/Pat Riley that he'd rather not take the team plane back from a road trip so that he can attend Chris Paul's party instead, then catch up to the team by taking a charter the next day.

Plus the Las Vegas meetings with Riley and Wade came after he had already written a draft of the SI letter.

re bolded, some frustration is reasonable. LeBron's trying to chase the GOAT, and Micky Arison was operating it a bit of the cheap side. Dan Gilbert will spend more.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post: