Page 225 of 327 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

I really don't understand what Lance's camp hopes to accomplish by dragging this out further? The number of teams that can give him the money he wants has decreased dramatically. That's not going to magically change, and teams aren't going to start wheeling and dealing to clear cap space for him.
    Pacers.com Guest Blog Post -- Invading The Target Center Post
    Area 55 Conquers Staples Center -- (Honorary) Area 55 Family Invades Target Center!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really don't understand what Lance's camp hopes to accomplish by dragging this out further? The number of teams that can give him the money he wants has decreased dramatically. That's not going to magically change, and teams aren't going to start wheeling and dealing to clear cap space for him.
    I agree now he's just begging and he's starting to look a little foolish

4. The Following User Says Thank You to granger4mvp For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    What exactly should we do? Trade Hibbert for pennies on the dollar? Trade away an asset or take back a bad contract just to move George Hill? Trade Paul George or David West?

I am not just referring to you, but I don't get what some people want Larry Bird to do. I mean look at the Knicks. They make wholesale changes regularly, how is that working out? The Nets had huge wholesale changes last off season, again, how is that going?

After the Spurs lost to Memphis in the first round did they overreact?

My point is lets focus on being "smart" not "active". Given what is most likely on the table staying put and adding guys like Miles is smart.
    OK so you might get your wish and they return the same team minus Lance. And they lose the central division and lose early in the playoffs.

I'm glad you and some others seem satisfied with this team as it is. But you just plain don't know NBA basketball if you think this team as it is today will go anywhere.

LB can do some things other than sign guys for the bench.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Houston is just obnoxious in every single free agency.
    Aren't they?

I really liked their pursuit of Lin a few years ago.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    OK so you might get your wish and they return the same team minus Lance. And they lose the central division and lose early in the playoffs.

I'm glad you and some others seem satisfied with this team as it is. But you just plain don't know NBA basketball if you think this team as it is today will go anywhere.

You are right, lets just Grimp things up a little. Get rid of West, Paul George and Hibbert so we have capspace and can bring in Jodie Meeks, Nick Young, Re-sign Turner and try to lure Carmelo here.

It always cracks me up how guys like you who demand moves never suggest any of your own. Who should we move and what do you feel we could net? Throw something out there...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post

Larry has already said that he wants to give this team another shot and keep it together and I agree. All these moves in the east don't scare me if this team plays up to it's potential. Not one team in the East will give us a greater challenge then Miami did last year.
    I'd like to see Larry get something for Lance in a sign and trade if we can't keep him at the offer on the table and I wouldn't put it beyond Larry to work a deal that makes us better in the process. This team still has growth in it's near future and I really don't want to see major core changes next season.

I think a sign and trade with Phoenix for Dragic makes a lot of sense. Should improve both teams. We have a good rapport with the suns. We need pretty much just to shake things up a little and a playmaker would be great. They've a glut of them and could well use Lance's size in the backcourt. I'd much rather trade Scola, and Hill etc. but Dragic would be one hell of a lot better than losing LS for nothing.

Sports Logo

so Rudez's English is great and now we really know how to say his name

http://instagram.com/p/qc96tQmYWS/

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

DJ Augustin costing people their jobs

Mood

Yes, I agree that we lose some talent level without Lance, but it is not like we are losing an elite player. If we can get Dragic for a S&T Lance I think it makes us better. Miles and Hill may not be as flashy and have Lance's potential but right now it is potential and flashes at times. Who knows if he will ever reach that potential consistently. We don't need all stars at every position to be a great team. I would like to see our team back with Lance but not at the expense of 10+mil or at the loss of the opportunity to get a top flight PG to run the team. Sometimes Lance just rubs me the wrong way because it seems that it is all about Lance to him. Other than Lebron to the Cavs I don't see many of these recent signings as a high threat. Lance did a lot of good this past year, but I just don't see him as the be all end all for this team.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg-body View Post
    Yes, I agree that we lose some talent level without Lance, but it is not like we are losing an elite player. If we can get Dragic for a S&T Lance I think it makes us better. Miles and Hill may not be as flashy and have Lance's potential but right now it is potential and flashes at times. Who knows if he will ever reach that potential consistently. We don't need all stars at every position to be a great team. I would like to see our team back with Lance but not at the expense of 10+mil or at the loss of the opportunity to get a top flight PG to run the team. Sometimes Lance just rubs me the wrong way because it seems that it is all about Lance to him. Other than Lebron to the Cavs I don't see many of these recent signings as a high threat. Lance did a lot of good this past year, but I just don't see him as the be all end all for this team.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm starting to wonder if Lance really wants to be here. His agent said he would love to come back to the Pacers at a fair price but they aren't showing it by their actions. It's obvious by now that the Pacers offered him a more than fair price.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm starting to wonder if Lance really wants to be here. His agent said he would love to come back to the Pacers at a fair price but they aren't showing it by their actions. It's obvious by now that the Pacers offered him a more than fair price.
    I want this over and done with as much as the next guy but I don't get why you guys have a problem w/ a guy trying to get the most money he can, regardless of it a market seems to bet here or not. Who knows what changes tomorrow?

I just think people talk out of both sides of their mouths a bit with Lance. You can't say we're not losing an elite player if Lance is gone (which I agree with as it stands today) and then say a potential S&T with him for Dragic is fair. Definitions like the "eliteness" of a basketball player are pretty subjective I guess, but I think Dragic's pretty damn elite.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I want this over and done with as much as the next guy but I don't get why you guys have a problem w/ a guy trying to get the most money he can, regardless of it a market seems to bet here or not. Who knows what changes tomorrow?

I just think people talk out of both sides of their mouths a bit with Lance. You can't say we're not losing an elite player if Lance is gone (which I agree with as it stands today) and then say a potential S&T with him for Dragic is fair. Definitions like the "eliteness" of a basketball player are pretty subjective I guess, but I think Dragic's pretty damn elite.
    I never thought the Dragic thing was realistic to be honest. Why would Phoenix do that anyway?

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    It doesn't hurt Lance as long as the Pacers don't pull their offer. And there are no indications that that is going to happen.

Back in 2008, it took Josh Smith until the second week of August before he got an offer he was happy with. That deal turned out to be very good value for Atlanta, and I'm hoping the same sort of thing plays out for Lance and us. But it's understandable that Lance is reluctant to sign that sort of deal right away.

(Of course, Smoove did get badly overpaid on his second contract, but that's a problem for 5 years down the road.)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    It doesn't hurt Lance as long as the Pacers don't pull their offer. And there are no indications that that is going to happen.

Back in 2008, it took Josh Smith until the second week of August before he got an offer he was happy with. That deal turned out to be very good value for Atlanta, and I'm hoping the same sort of thing plays out for Lance and us. But it's understandable that Lance is reluctant to sign that sort of deal right away.

(Of course, Smoove did get badly overpaid on his second contract, but that's a problem for 5 years down the road.)
    It's apparently a problem that Lance Stephenson wants to get paid what he feels like he's worth. I'm glad the people that have a problem with that don't dictate my future. Roy signed a damn max deal and it was "well, what're ya gonna do?" Hill got overpaid, "well, what're ya gonna do?" West got overpaid on his new deal, "well, what're ya gonna do?"

Lance gets paid comparative peanuts for 4 years, wants to gets the most he can, "**** him."

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I just hope we don't pull our offer and give him fewer years on a deal even if it is for around the same amount of money, there's nearly zero loyalty involved in the nba and the pacers don't owe him anything.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nuntius must be happy. Curious to see what he'll be like in the NBA. Decent 3-point shot, good perimeter defender and an athletic guy. Surely will be just a role player.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

I woke up to WISH TV's report of a possible sign-and-trade for Lance to PHX for Dragic. I thought the rumor had gained new ground or something, apparently not. I can't believe those guys actually reported that.

Hope the Pacers come back with a counter offer for Lance at the right time and get this deal done. 5/50 with the expected acceleration in the cap would a very acceptable risk/reward situation and more than fair to Lance given what appears to be a relatively soft market for his services. It would also maintain a ton of flexibility for the team in a couple years when West & Hibbert come off the books.

No longer very knowledgeable on the CBA. Given the rumored MLE deal with CJ Miles and the indication that the Pacers are hard capped at 81 MIL do the Pacers still have until next July to get the salaries right or would they need to clear space now to make that type of offer to Lance? If they have to clear space prior to an offer like this it could definately have a lot to do with the stagnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    Hope the Pacers come back with a counter offer for Lance at the right time and get this deal done. 5/50 with the expected acceleration in the cap would a very acceptable risk/reward situation and more than fair to Lance given what appears to be a relatively soft market for his services. It would also maintain a ton of flexibility for the team in a couple years when West & Hibbert come off the books.
    Why on earth would the Pacers start bidding against themselves, if anything we need to wonder if we did not overbid? I don't give one iota for what Lance is thinking, so far not a single GM has made him an offer that was worth leaking or mentioning, food for thought i would say and not the time to start bidding even more
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance probably signs a 2-year deal somewhere and attempts to hit the reset button on his image for the next go-around. Could be Indiana or pretty much anywhere with decent cap room. I think he's just looking for an opportunity to play, regardless of the overall team situation.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Nuntius must be happy. Curious to see what he'll be like in the NBA. Decent 3-point shot, good perimeter defender and an athletic guy. Surely will be just a role player.
    Yeah, I'd like to see Papanikolaou play more often. It's much easier to find an NBA game to watch than it is to find an ACB one.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's apparently a problem that Lance Stephenson wants to get paid what he feels like he's worth. I'm glad the people that have a problem with that don't dictate my future. Roy signed a damn max deal and it was "well, what're ya gonna do?" Hill got overpaid, "well, what're ya gonna do?" West got overpaid on his new deal, "well, what're ya gonna do?"

Lance gets paid comparative peanuts for 4 years, wants to gets the most he can, "**** him."
    I certainly don't have a problem with Lance testing the market to max his payday. But at some point, it's going to start looking like irrational desperation. Hibbert had Portland offering him all of that money and Hill was smart and realized that he wouldn't be getting that contract anywhere else. Lance OTOH apparently isn't getting offers and seems like he wants the Pacers to up their offer even though he really doesn't have much leverage right now.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    @ChrisMannixSI

Buzz among execs is that Lance Stephenson situation could drag out for awhile. "I don't think Indiana can go much higher," said one.

Great.......

Just sign and trade him somewhere so he can get his money, and we can get our point guard and move on.