Page 181 of 321 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231281 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 8012

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

  1. #4501

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is not James Dolan logic. We are talking about pairing the number 3 guys in win shares last year with the number 2 guy in win shares last year. This is not pairing Carmelo Anthony with Tyson Chandler, Amar'e Stoudamire with a walker, and Ray "Buffet" Felton. This is pairing Kevin Love with Kyrie Irving and Lebron James. You move heaven and earth to make it happen. Andrew Wiggins has not played a game!
    I think it's James Dolan logic. Who offered anything close to Wiggins so far? That's the key question.

    I look at recent Love rumors (Warriors, Boston), they don't include anything as valuable as Wiggins. I look at Carmelo, Dwight, DWill, CP3 trades. They didn't include anyone as valuable as Wiggins.

    You are basically saying, Love>Wiggins, and I agree. But nothing so far suggests that they can't get Love for less.
    You say the Wolves are idiots if they don't get Wiggins for Love. But a few years ago you could have as successfully claimed that the Magic or the Hornets would be idiots if they don't get some massive asset for Dwight and CP3. Calling them idiots means nothing, if the market doesn't dictate it. The Wolves can't just refuse the best deal available, pack their bags and go home saying "we got nothing for Love but at least we aren't idiots."

    And so far I don't see it. Maybe there are some great offers that we haven't heard about. But anything we heard about isn't comparable to Wiggins. The way I see it, if the Cavs offer Wiggins, they'd be negotiating against themselves just like James Dolan did back then. Even if they offer Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, Miami 1st round pick, that would still be much better than other teams seem to be offering so far. Love, LeBron, Kyrie is nice. It's just that Love, LeBron, Kyrie and Wiggins is nicer.

  2. #4502

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lin would be a downgrade from Kendall Marshall!?!?!
    No way. Lin is way more proven than Marshall. Marshall is wack

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:


  4. #4503

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    language


  5. #4504
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    I'd love to find a way to get Terrence Jones from Houston. Release Scola if you have to. Jones is infinitely better.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  6. #4505
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    But if you're Minny and you know Cleveland wants Love, there is no reason to not hold firm for Wiggins. The Cavs didn't get Lebron so he could play with Wiggins. I think that is clear. Minny should know that. If Cleveland can get Love without giving up Wiggins then great for them, but if I'm Minny I'm telling them to belly up to the bar if they want to pair Love with Lebron, and if I'm Cleveland I'm going to do that. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think that Waiters/Bennett/pick is that much better or even better at all than what Golden State or Boston can put together. Adding Thompson is a nice idea, but he's not the prize. And if you're Cleveland and you miss out on Love, then you're probably not winning the title this year, which they may be OK with, but I would guess they'd rather pair Love with Lebron now given the choice.

    My point is simple, if the deal is inches away from being completed and hte only hold up is Minny on the other end saying you have to swap Wiggins for Waiters, then I'm doing that all day. Especially if you get to hang onto Thompson in that scenario.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #4506

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1.) If the Cavs let Wiggins derail them getting Love, then they are idiots.

    2.) If the Wolves don't insist on getting Wiggins if they are going to give up Love, then they are idiots too.
    Love is good but I wouldn't trade Wiggins for him. Lebron is gonna make Wiggins transition to the NBA so much easier.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:


  9. #4507
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,626

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I notice just like last season Lavoy Allen is left out of this as well.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  11. #4508
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love is good but I wouldn't trade Wiggins for him. Lebron is gonna make Wiggins transition to the NBA so much easier.
    You just flat out wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love? I think that's crazy. Wiggins wasn't even the consensus number 1 this year. He wouldn't have even been the pick if Embiid hadn't broken his foot.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  13. #4509
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love is good but I wouldn't trade Wiggins for him. Lebron is gonna make Wiggins transition to the NBA so much easier.
    Agreed. Love has an injury history that'd I'd be worried about. Plus, Love, for as great as he is stuffing the stat sheet, has barely won games. How is he different from anyone else that puts up numbers on bad teams? I'm just sayin'. Numbers aren't everything.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  14. #4510
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. Love has an injury history that'd I'd be worried about. Plus, Love, for as great as he is stuffing the stat sheet, has barely won games. How is he different from anyone else that puts up numbers on bad teams? I'm just sayin'. Numbers aren't everything.
    It's his win shares.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. #4511
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's his win shares.
    Eh, not sure I buy win shares in the NBA. Good for you if you think Love is worth Wiggins + more. I just don't think he is. Aldridge would totally be worth that though.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  16. #4512

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  18. #4513
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, not sure I but win shares in the NBA. Good for you if you think Love is worth Wiggins + more. I just don't think he is. Aldridge would totally be worth that though.
    Welp ok then.

    It's not a perfect stat but look at the top 15

    Durant
    Lebron
    Love
    Curry
    Harden
    CP3
    Blake Griffin
    Kyle Lowry
    Joakim Noah
    D. Jordan (the outlier)
    Carmelo
    Dirk
    Paul George
    Anthony Davis
    Goran Dragic

    The Spurs obviously don't work in it, but the Spurs don't really work in any statistical category. Deandre Jordan is obviously an outlier but otherwise I think that list tells a pretty interesting story.

    Also the current active win share leaders in the nba top 5

    1.) Tim Duncan
    2.) Kevin Garnett
    3.) Dirk
    4.) Kobe
    5.) Lebron

    It can't be that broken, JMO.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 07-11-2014 at 03:54 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  20. #4514

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You just flat out wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love? I think that's crazy. Wiggins wasn't even the consensus number 1 this year. He wouldn't have even been the pick if Embiid hadn't broken his foot.
    Nah. Only thing I really like about Love is how crazy at rebounding he is. He can score the ball too from pretty Mich anywhere but the Cavs already have Lebron and Irving for that. Wiggins athleticism is gonna make teams even worry more. Wiggins is tall and seems like one good thing about him is his defense.

  21. #4515

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Love doesn't even play defense. Or at least u never hear about his defense

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:


  23. #4516
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welp ok then.
    Well don't explain why you seem to like win shares in the NBA. It's such a team game. Certainly there are a few guys that can carry their team, but you want to buy win shares for a guy that can't even get his team to .500. I just think that's ridiculous.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  24. #4517
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.


    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  26. #4518

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are there statistical anomolies with win shares? I love Kevin Love's game, but he's never really led a team to anything. The point behind win shares is that the player helps you win games, right? Shouldn't a guy who puts up a massive win share...win a bunch of games? I'm just ignorant as to the stat, and if it's really relevant.
    They do somewhat reflect wins. Love has 14 win shares, the Wolves won 40 games. That sounds about right. Take Love out of that team, I doubt they win much more than 26 games.

    I think it's a nice enough stat, better than PER for example, but of course it's not perfect. It puts too much value on scoring %s, IMO. Not that it's not important, but they just get overvalued and there are some extreme weird cases. Like, win shares think that Tyson Chandler in his prime is about as good an offensive player as prime Hakeem Olajuwon.

    Also, it doesn't capture defense well, it reflects mostly team defense. For example, that stat likes Boozer quite a bit because it thinks that Boozer is a very good defender. It thinks so because other teams don't score many points with Boozer on the floor, but that's obviously got more to do with Noah, Butler, Deng, Taj Gibson and Thibodeau. Win shares can't see that well.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  28. #4519

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Ray Allen is willing to play for the veteran minimum in Cleveland, according to sources. #Cavs
    — Probasketballdraft (@Probballdraft) July 11, 2014

    Second NBA source: The Warriors have no plans to offer Klay Thompson to Minnesota, even if CLE comes in aggressively for Kevin Love.
    — Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) July 11, 2014

    According to the Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, Cleveland is now a 4-1 favorite to win the 2014-15 NBA Championship (Miami is 100-1).
    — Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 11, 2014
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  30. #4520

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    So Lin is owed 15 mill right this year?

  31. #4521
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.


    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  32. #4522

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    ESPN has the dude that ran on the floor when Miami was in Cleveland on the air live right now. Not joking.

  33. #4523
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Lin is owed 15 mill right this year?
    Yes. Expiring though.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  34. #4524
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd love to find a way to get Terrence Jones from Houston. Release Scola if you have to. Jones is infinitely better.
    I like Jones as well, but you would figure he would want to remain a starter wherever he ends up
    David "And One" West

  35. #4525

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. Expiring though.
    Damn way too much

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •