Page 174 of 319 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 7954

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

  1. #4326
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,917

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Riley's speech was like when your Dad gives you an over bearing speech in high school about where you need to go in life. Gilbert's letter was like the guy at the bar with the tribal tattoo who keeps calling you bro and telling you to fight him.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  3. #4327

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    The letter/website issue was explained (Windhorst?)

    The letter had actually been taken down years ago for the Cavs web site, but the URL redirected to an NBA archive site, and it had remained active.


    Thus there was no way to find the letter or navigate to it in any logical manner, but if you somehow had saved the original url, you could paste it in and go to the letter. It's not likely that many people accessed it that way.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  5. #4328
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,720

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "The Letter" included words like "cowardly" and "traitor." Those are fighting words. Riley's speech was blowhardish, but not enough to fight over

    Yeah, Pat The Rat's rant was classic Riley. That's who he is, and if Lebron doesn't understand by now that Riley has that sort of ego then he hasn't been paying attention. It was a challenge from a guy who has won 8 championships as a player, coach, and executive. That's who he is. Gilbert OTOH has done nothing to earn anyone's respect. His letter was laced with harsh name calling and generally came across as the ramblings of a lunatic.

  6. #4329
    Expect Delays blanket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.


    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

  7. #4330
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,917

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    If this guy gets on that plane to Brazil without having made a decision....oh man he's going to be crucified.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #4331
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The letter/website issue was explained (Windhorst?)

    The letter had actually been taken down years ago for the Cavs web site, but the URL redirected to an NBA archive site, and it had remained active.


    Thus there was no way to find the letter or navigate to it in any logical manner, but if you somehow had saved the original url, you could paste it in and go to the letter. It's not likely that many people accessed it that way.
    That is way different! So if you had it as a favorite, it still worked basically but wasn't linked from the site in any way. Thats really just poor WEB management more than anything. Not defending Gilbert or the letter, but the report originally acted like he intentionally had it out there as brash statement that he stood behind kinda thing.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  10. #4332

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "The Letter" included words like "cowardly" and "traitor." Those are fighting words. Riley's speech was blowhardish, but not enough to fight over

    the bolded part probably struck a nerve though: Riley seems to say that anyone who leaves lacks guts, shows that they're (not) made of, and is running away while passing blame on other people.


    “This stuff is hard,” Riley said. “And you’ve got to stay together if you got the guts. And you don’t find the first door and run out of it. We’ll find out what we’re made of here. It’s not about options. It’s not about free agency. There’s just looking around the room now and finding out who’s going to stand up. This is time that you go home and take care of yourself and look at yourself and what are you going to do to come back and make the team better? Because we have a tremendous opportunity here for long-term success. But don’t think we’re not going to get beat again. So, just get a grip, everybody. That’s my message. That’s my message to the players. They’re hearing it right now. I’m sure they’ll hear it. We’ll make sure of it. You deal with it by doing what you have to do to make yourself better by taking accountability for yourself and your own actions and not laying it off on something else or somebody else.”
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  12. #4333
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Riley's such an arrogant douche.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  14. #4334
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,720

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Riles was right though. You don't change teams after losing in the Finals to the Spurs. You come back on a mission for revenge the next year.

  15. #4335
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,720

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Riley's such an arrogant douche.

    He is......but you can be an arrogant douche when you achieve what he has. Riley wouldn't be Riley if he wasn't an arrogant douche. That's part of the package, and the ultimate result is a history of winning.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  17. #4336
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is......but you can be an arrogant douche when you achieve what he has. Riley wouldn't be Riley if he wasn't an arrogant douche. That's part of the package, and the ultimate result is a history of winning.
    I am an arrogant douche without doing any of that. Anyone can be one, it's just if you have accomplished things people tend to be more willing to overlook it.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  19. #4337
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    I, for one, am hoping that Lebron stays with Miami. It bothers me that the Cavs' fans want him back so desperately after how badly Lebron screwed them over. Their was a local Cleveland congressman on CNN that said he is happily willing to "forgive" and "forget". I can't respect a fan base willing to embrace someone back like Lebron James. I could understand if the Miami decision didn't work out, but the exact opposite happened. 4 finals and 2 championships with another team is a highly successful run. Lebron could have, in theory, made that same run the past four years with Cleveland. James single-handedly robbed Cleveland of four years of possible championships. The fans burned his jersey, rained him with boos when he returned, trashed his name, and now everything is cool again? I'm not one to harbor grudges, but what Lebron did wasn't cool, and the "it was just business" excuse is complete nonsense.
    David "And One" West

  20. #4338
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,720

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am an arrogant douche without doing any of that. Anyone can be one, it's just if you have accomplished things people tend to be more willing to overlook it.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

    True. I for one found Riley's presser to be pretty entertaining. Wish more people in sports would be candid like that.

  21. #4339

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.



  22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  23. #4340
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the bolded part probably struck a nerve though: Riley seems to say that anyone who leaves lacks guts, shows that they're (not) made of, and is running away while passing blame on other people.


    “This stuff is hard,” Riley said. “And you’ve got to stay together if you got the guts. And you don’t find the first door and run out of it. We’ll find out what we’re made of here."
    We already know what Riley is made of. ********. Entirely full of it. Completely "Do as I say, no as I do".

    I can't wait until he gets what he has coming to him.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  24. #4341
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,720

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    I want Lebron to stay with the Heat because I want another shot at those clowns. I still think that the Pacers can wear them down if they pull their heads out of their a$$es.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  26. #4342

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    If LeBron screws over Cleveland yet again, Pacers fans are back in the mainstream! It seems like we've kept on disliking the guy intensely, while just about everyone else (including Cleveland fans!) have softened up by an amazing amount in the last 4 years. Well, except for Skip Bayless.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  27. #4343

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I, for one, am hoping that Lebron stays with Miami. It bothers me that the Cavs' fans want him back so desperately after how badly Lebron screwed them over. Their was a local Cleveland congressman on CNN that said he is happily willing to "forgive" and "forget". I can't respect a fan base willing to embrace someone back like Lebron James. I could understand if the Miami decision didn't work out, but the exact opposite happened. 4 finals and 2 championships with another team is a highly successful run. Lebron could have, in theory, made that same run the past four years with Cleveland. James single-handedly robbed Cleveland of four years of possible championships. The fans burned his jersey, rained him with boos when he returned, trashed his name, and now everything is cool again? I'm not one to harbor grudges, but what Lebron did wasn't cool, and the "it was just business" excuse is complete nonsense.

    LOL. Ya know....if he had did what he did to Cavs fans, to Knicks fans..........

  28. #4344
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,330

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If LeBron screws over Cleveland yet again, Pacers fans are back in the mainstream! It seems like we've kept on disliking the guy intensely, while just about everyone else (including Cleveland fans!) have softened up by an amazing amount in the last 4 years. Well, except for Skip Bayless.
    Bulls fans don't like him either.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  30. #4345

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want Lebron to stay with the Heat because I want another shot at those clowns. I still think that the Pacers can wear them down if they pull their heads out of their a$$es.
    Haha yea right. That was the same thing we said last year. U think people will take u seriously if u tell them that the Pacers will beat Miami(if Lebron stays) this year. Hahaha

  31. #4346
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If LeBron screws over Cleveland yet again, Pacers fans are back in the mainstream! It seems like we've kept on disliking the guy intensely, while just about everyone else (including Cleveland fans!) have softened up by an amazing amount in the last 4 years. Well, except for Skip Bayless.
    Skip will never come around to Lebron. It's part of his contrived gimmick, to rip great players every other reporter gushes over. Skip is also comically over critical of NFL superstars Andrew Luck and Aaron Rogers
    David "And One" West

  32. #4347
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,264

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Riley's speech was like when your Dad gives you an over bearing speech in high school about where you need to go in life. Gilbert's letter was like the guy at the bar with the tribal tattoo who keeps calling you bro and telling you to fight him.
    Why you gotta diss my ink man?

  33. #4348

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bulls fans don't like him either.
    They just mad cause Lebron is gonna break all of Jordan's records

  34. #4349
    Member DJVendetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Posts
    1,064

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    What if LeBron did this whole thing just to take a giant dump on Gilbert for that letter. Talk about the biggest revenge ever, as if winning titles without him wasn't enough haha I'm jk of course.

  35. #4350
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,461

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Pacers' fans don't like James because we know the game of basketball. Lebron has to cheat by flopping, which has no place in basketball. A player as talented as Lebron shouldn't have to resort to cheating in order to win games. Other markets can be fooled by the SportsCenter highlights and biased commentary. That stuff doesn't fly in Indiana
    David "And One" West

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •