Page 170 of 320 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 7991

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

  1. #4226
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,745

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Luca Brasi held a gun to his head, and my father assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract.

    Seems like that is the kind of sway that Riley has.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  3. #4227
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Lebron, Melo, Wade's corpse and a bunch of scrubs might be enough to win another title. And so it goes.

  4. #4228
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heat board seems to think melo heading to Miami as well
    I can't think of any source I trust less than a fans' message board.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  6. #4229

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't think of any source I trust less than a fans' message board.
    Yeah I agree it's just crazy how they think.its been a plan all along according to them

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to granger4mvp For This Useful Post:


  8. #4230
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heat board seems to think melo heading to Miami as well
    Yeah and Lebron and Melo are signing with the Pacers, complete with a Lance for Love S&T.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

    sav

  10. #4231
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    huh...


    Means nothing.......LeBron was too cheap to pay for a direct flight.....the layover was in Miami and then the next stop was Brazil.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. #4232
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron, Melo, Wade's corpse and a bunch of scrubs might be enough to win another title. And so it goes.
    I'm more afraid of a LeBron/Kyrie/KLove combo in Cleveland than a LeBron/Bosh/Wade combo in Miami.

    At least with him in Miami....there's a chance that we can win the division. LeBron in Cleveland means we have to fight off the Cavs and the Bulls for the Central Division title.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  12. #4233
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm more afraid of a LeBron/Kyrie/KLove combo in Cleveland than a LeBron/Bosh/Wade combo in Miami.

    At least with him in Miami....there's a chance that we can win the division. LeBron in Cleveland means we have to fight off the Cavs and the Bulls for the Central Division title.
    That was Lebron, Melo, Wade that I posted

  13. #4234
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,623

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Let's shift our discussion to Bosh and Parsons.

    The Rockets have until Sunday 7/13 to decide to match?

    The longer that LeBron waits to decide....the more that the Rockets will sweat it out to decide. I understand that it's a choice between playing with LeBron and Wade ( at worst )...but playing with Harden and Dwight isn't that bad.

    I guess I find it hard to fathom why Bosh would leave so much $$$ on the table when he's already won 2 championships. He gets more $$$ and he still has a chance to compete at a high level with 3 other Elite Level Players.

    You'd think that at some point, Bosh would just decide on his own as opposed to waiting for LeBron to decide for him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  15. #4235

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's shift our discussion to Bosh and Parsons.

    The Rockets have until Sunday 7/13 to decide to match?

    The longer that LeBron waits to decide....the more that the Rockets will sweat it out to decide. I understand that it's a choice between playing with LeBron and Wade ( at worst )...but playing with Harden and Dwight isn't that bad.

    I guess I find it hard to fathom why Bosh would leave so much $$$ on the table when he's already won 2 championships. He gets more $$$ and he still has a chance to compete at a high level with 3 other Elite Level Players.

    You'd think that at some point, Bosh would just decide on his own as opposed to waiting for LeBron to decide for him.
    I imagine so. If LeBron doesn't commit until that deadline, I think Bosh has to just take the Rockets offer.

    The other side of this whole situation is that purely from competitive standpoint, why would LeBron commit before Sunday? It would help the Rockets, and that's not good for LeBron. It's like helping the Spurs or the Thunder. His best course of action is to wait. If he wants to go to Cleveland, maybe waiting a few more days costs the Rockets Bosh or Parsons. If he want to return to Miami, then he should also wait until Sunday and give Houston as little time as possible to pursue plan B like Deng.

  16. #4236
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,177

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's shift our discussion to Bosh and Parsons.

    The Rockets have until Sunday 7/13 to decide to match?

    The longer that LeBron waits to decide....the more that the Rockets will sweat it out to decide. I understand that it's a choice between playing with LeBron and Wade ( at worst )...but playing with Harden and Dwight isn't that bad.

    I guess I find it hard to fathom why Bosh would leave so much $$$ on the table when he's already won 2 championships. He gets more $$$ and he still has a chance to compete at a high level with 3 other Elite Level Players.

    You'd think that at some point, Bosh would just decide on his own as opposed to waiting for LeBron to decide for him.
    If I were Houston I'd tell Bosh that he has until Sunday to decide or else their offer is off the table and they're matching Chandler Parsons. Force him to make a decision that's not dependent on LeBron.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

    sav

  18. #4237
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,170

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Perhaps LeBron and Wade don't want Bosh back, hence why LeBron is taking forever. ha

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:


  20. #4238
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,264
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea, its definitely his house.
    Give me an address (PM if you prefer) and I'll look it up in our database.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  21. #4239
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,274

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    If LeBron backs out now and goes to Miami, he may as well forget about ever setting foot in Ohio again.

    I still feel strongly he's going to Cleveland.

  22. #4240
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,264
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Perhaps Lebron just wants time with his family to think things thru and be certain they are making the right decision. That's giving him the benefit of the doubt and prolly should be how I view it but at times it's hard to do that. In truth, I couldn't care less how long it takes IMPO these guys have all the way up to training camp to sort these issues out.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  23. #4241
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,264
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If LeBron backs out now and goes to Miami, he may as well forget about ever setting foot in Ohio again.

    I still feel strongly he's going to Cleveland.
    Can you imagine the games in Cleveland if he backs out?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  25. #4242
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    941

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    I still feel there is a chance that Lebron and Wade want Bosh out, so he is just waiting on him to sign with Houston, and then he'll go back to Miami....wouldn't surprise me.
    Last edited by The Sleeze; 07-11-2014 at 07:31 AM.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

    sav

  27. #4243
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    266

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I were Houston I'd tell Bosh that he has until Sunday to decide or else their offer is off the table and they're matching Chandler Parsons. Force him to make a decision that's not dependent on LeBron.
    I wouldn't wait until Sunday. I would have told him that he had 24 hours after signings began to decide. That would mean 12:01 AM Friday morning.

    This is ridiculous that 2 guys are holding up the whole league. The fact that they have not yet made a decision says that they are either not very smart (neither one has a very tough decision) or they simply don't care about other people. In LeBron's case, if he leaves Miami, he has basically screwed DWade because Miami will struggle to pursue top FA's. They could have made serious runs at Lowry, Anthony and Gortat. Not now. If LeBron stays in Miami, he basically says "screw Ohio."

  28. #4244
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm tired of these two.
    Why can't they handle their business more like the San Antonio guys?

    What a contrast between quiet class and drama.

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  30. #4245
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes order of events:

    -He is going to Chicago

    -Now staying in New York

    -Wait, now LA is a serious contender

    -Nope, back to New York

    -Oh wait, Chicago is back in it


    I am questioning if anyone even knows anything.
    Who is advising these guys? Brett Favre?

  31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  32. #4246
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps Lebron just wants time with his family to think things thru and be certain they are making the right decision. That's giving him the benefit of the doubt and prolly should be how I view it but at times it's hard to do that. In truth, I couldn't care less how long it takes IMPO these guys have all the way up to training camp to sort these issues out.
    I understand what you are saying and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and look at things from a positive angle generally, but with Lebron it just feels like he craves all the attention he can get IMHO. We had that with "The Decision" which was just one big ego stroke for him and we are having it here again IMHO, but in a less obvious and bling-bling way. He knows the entire NBA and an enormous amount of fans are watching him and waiting for his decision and he's dragging it out, flying here and there, mentioning Brazil, etc.

    Dude knows that people will be wondering "will he announce where he will sign before or after he leaves for Brazil???". He's an awesome player, but IMHO it's pretty obvious this dude has the biggest ego you could possibly imagine.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:


  34. #4247
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,265

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand what you are saying and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and look at things from a positive angle generally, but with Lebron it just feels like he craves all the attention he can get IMHO. We had that with "The Decision" which was just one big ego stroke for him and we are having it here again IMHO, but in a less obvious and bling-bling way. He knows the entire NBA and an enormous amount of fans are watching him and waiting for his decision and he's dragging it out, flying here and there, mentioning Brazil, etc.

    Dude knows that people will be wondering "will he announce where he will sign before or after he leaves for Brazil???". He's an awesome player, but IMHO it's pretty obvious this dude has the biggest ego you could possibly imagine.
    What gives you that idea? We haven't heard a peep from him or his agent really. Its all been reporters with their "sources".

  35. #4248
    Member BoomBaby33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On The Westside
    Posts
    777
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes order of events:

    -He is going to Chicago

    -Now staying in New York

    -Wait, now LA is a serious contender

    -Nope, back to New York

    -Oh wait, Chicago is back in it
    Ironically, this is the total opposite of his game, which goes something like this:

    "Catch the ball...

    Think about passing the ball to an open teammate ... no way ...

    Think about driving the ball ... Nah, not my style ...

    ...Ill just shoot a contested 3 ... let it fly baby ..."

    Usually he just skips the first two steps. He's very decisive in that manner.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to BoomBaby33 For This Useful Post:


  37. #4249
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What gives you that idea? We haven't heard a peep from him or his agent really. Its all been reporters with their "sources".
    Do you really think he doesn't know all the focus is on him? I wonder who else he will have to tell about his big decision next or what the next hold up for not announcing it will be if he doesn't sign today...

    He's just went about his decision a lot smarter then he did four years ago. Less obvious attention seeking, but I have no doubt he's trying to get the maximum attention and mentions without getting "burned" for it like happenned last time. He could have easily told his conclusion to his family via for example phone or Skype or whatever, but nope HE has to tell his whole family in person what HE is going to do for the coming years, seriously?

    I just don't buy it. I think he's going around it very smartly, so he's obviously getting much better advice how to maximize the attention for the brand and image of LBJ this time around.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:


  39. #4250
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ironically, this is the total opposite of his game, which goes something like this:

    "Catch the ball...

    Think about passing the ball to an open teammate ... no way ...

    Think about driving the ball ... Nah, not my style ...

    ...Ill just shoot a contested 3 ... let it fly baby ..."

    Usually he just skips the first two steps. He's very decisive in that manner.

    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •