Page 78 of 327 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 8174

Thread: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Offseason News, Trades, Rumors, Etc.

Does anyone know if we can do a S&T with the Cavs where they S&T CJ2 for $2.1 mil and then we send the Cavs part of our $4.2 mil TPE?

Essentially, it would be Pacers sending the Cavs a $2.1 mil TPE and then Cavs sending the Pacers CJ2?

or

Is the TPE for the Cavs useless since it will expire in a week or two?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I agree that we have few options. If our entire off-season is re-signing Lance, and signing CJ miles, I would consider it a failure
    Prepare to be disappointed.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Does anyone know if we can do a S&T with the Cavs where they S&T CJ2 for $2.1 mil and then we send the Cavs part of our $4.2 mil TPE?

Essentially, it would be Pacers sending the Cavs a $2.1 mil TPE and then Cavs sending the Pacers CJ2?

or

we could, just don't see a reason for the Cavs to help us out w/o sending them something extra. or some kinda wink wink nudge nudge thing down the line.

or

TPEs aren't traded. So the Cavs would not be receiving a TPE that was about to expire.

Under the scenario you described the Pacers would have to trade something for CJ2 after the Cavs sign him. For example we could give them a second round pick or the rights to Stanko. The Pacers would use a part of their $4.2M TPE in that trade. But the TPE doesn't transfer to Cleveland. Instead a NEW $2.1M TPE is created for Cleveland and that TPE would be good for one year. So that newly created TPE could have value to Cleveland.
    Last edited by Strummer; 07-02-2014 at 01:52 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

or

Oh, I thought of an example of when this has happened. When the Hornets were going to sign Peja Stojakovic as a free agent, the Pacers talked them into a sign-and-trade instead. We got the draft rights to Andrew Betts and a huge TPE. We then used the TPE to acquire Al Harrington.

Here's a snip of an article about the sign-and-trade.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2517700

The Hornets completed their acquisition of three-time All-Star Peja Stojakovic through a sign-and-trade deal with Indiana on Wednesday. Stojakovic's agent, David Bauman, had said last week that Stojakovic would sign as a free-agent with New Orleans, but general manager Jeff Bower said the sign-and-trade deal was better for both sides.

The Hornets also get cash in the deal, while the Pacers receive the draft rights to Andrew Betts, a 7-foot-1 center from Britain who was a second-round draft pick by the Hornets in 1998. Betts has never played in the NBA.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Maybe this is why Morrow wasn't considered....the guy may be out of our price range with so much interest:

Also, glad to hear that Bazemore is getting some interest as well:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Strummer already covered most of your question, but we can. Not sure why we would, though. Our main limitation is to keep our spending under the tax, and this maneuver doesn't help with that (Miles' salary would count the same for tax purposes whether we signed him outright or used an S&T).

The only reason to do this is if we want to save the full MLE for someone else. But using the full MLE would put us in the tax, so we probably don't want to do this unless we let Lance walk or are dumping another major salary.

Pacers offered 44 million for 5 years. Lance and agent think he is worth
    Much more. Lakers and Bulls and Charlotte are suitors
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Hypothetically, would you replace George Hill with Jameer Nelson and C.J. Miles if it enabled you to secure a long-term contract for Lance Stephenson.
    Jameer Nelson if healthy, is a better PG than George Hill. That's the problem though, Jameer has had health issues over the past few seasons. I think considering Meeks got the deal he got, I would've been fine with letting Lance go and signing Meeks instead. Would've saved us money, and Lance doesn't take any pressure off of Paul because of his lack of a go-to-move, and his jump-shot is suspect at times.

I've read that as well owl. I think its a fair offer. What is plan 'B' if we lose him? Who do we target to fill his void and how much money would we have available to spend?

Bird will go to "Plan B" aka the "No Lance? No Problem" backup Plan

- sign the best UFA Guard ( preferably a halfway decent Starting PG ) that we can get with the Full MLE
    - Use the $4.28 mil TPE and $1.1 mil TPE to see if we can get any quality Players to fill the 2nd unit / bench.

My plan B would be dangle Hibbert to OKC. They don't have to give us Reggie Jackson and Lamb if they don't want to. Just one or the other, along with Kendrick Perkins expiring contract. In reality, the deal is Roy for KP, and a young talented guard. It works salary wise. And with KP's expiring contract, we have flexibility to re-route it elsewhere for a center, or go out and sign someone like Pau Gasol. While still being able to afford Lance. We'd have to structure the contract though where Pau's money at its highest point kicks in when KP's contract comes off the books. Plus next Summer, Copeland, CJ, and Scola would all come off as well.

West
    PG
    Pau
    Lamb
    Lance

West
    PG
    Pau
    Lance
    Jackson
    Last edited by Grimp; 07-02-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    As much as I like Lance, if we are unable to get him for more than 8 million bucks I am ok with seeing him go.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Go get paid then. Bye.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:

Wow can't believe the Pacers are gonna let the second star of the team walk. Trade Hill and Hibbert sorry asses

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:

Yeah I would hate to see him go too. If he leaves you guys don't think that our greatest need at that point would be to go out and get a real point guard who can also contribute offensively?

Quote Originally Posted by OnPace08 View Post
    I've read that as well owl. I think its a fair offer. What is plan 'B' if we lose him? Who do we target to fill his void and how much money would we have available to spend?

If Lance wants and gets a larger offer I would be looking elsewhere. Telling to me was PG's reaction to when asked if he wanted Lance back and his response was very neutral.
    Frankly I am very concerned about Lance and if he ever will be more than a complementary player and also his non team attitude and just plain strange behavior. If no Lance then the Pacers might not have a lot of options. CJ MIles or Morrow?
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

24. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

5/44 is overpaying for Lance and it's all Larry is able to do. Even with that offer I'd hope we get a team option in year 3 or 4, he's just too high of a risk for that kind of contract. I've been shocked before but I'll be shocked if there is a team out there willing to pay more after the way Lance played post all star break and his behavior issues during the playoffs.At this point I hope Larry is looking at possible sign and trade targets. I really wish Afflalo was still available.
    I'd much rather take a chance on using the MLE then paying Lance more, honestly I hope he turns this down or I think we'll regret the contract that's on the table now.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

If they allow Lance to walk then I think they need to seriously look at trade for Hibbert. I could see a sign trade for Spencer Hawes and Jarret Jack? Or maybe Verajao and Jack? I'd like to pluck Dellavedova from the Cavs too.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Avery Bradley back with Celtics. Too bad, I like his game. He would of maybe been someone to pursue if Lance leaves for sure.

If Lance wants and gets a larger offer I would be looking elsewhere. Telling to me was PG's reaction to when asked if he wanted Lance back and his response was very neutral.
    Frankly I am very concerned about Lance and if he ever will be more than a complementary player and also his non team attitude and just plain strange behavior. If no Lance then the Pacers might not have a lot of options. CJ MIles or Morrow?
    Agree for the most part about the sentiment for Lance if he's seeking more than we're offering. However, the issue with Miles and Morrow is that neither is starting caliber, IMO, and are downgrades from Lance in every aspect but shooting from distance. I'd hope there would be aggressive seeking of other potential moves.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

31. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Plan B has to involve some kind of trade. We don't have the money available to sign a FA that can start for us.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sav For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    If they allow Lance to walk then I think they need to seriously look at trade for Hibbert. I could see a sign trade for Spencer Hawes and Jarret Jack? Or maybe Verajao and Jack? I'd like to pluck Dellavedova from the Cavs too.
    You could trade Hibbert for a better piece and still have money to sign Hawes. You don't dump Hibbert for Hawes and Jack. You dump him for an expiring and a young guard of starting caliber. We have to think of our future if Lance leaves. Jeremy Lamb or someone like Dragic or Bledsoe would be our future. Jack is a stop gap.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Not that I don't trust you guys, but tis the season to be wary. Source?

edit: nvm, saw that it was Broussard. I'll wait for a more credible source to confirm, I think.
    Last edited by wintermute; 07-02-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Pistons being idiots with Meeks has really ****ed us with Lance.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods