Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cavs interested in Hibbert

"So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Default Re: Cavs interested in Hibbert

They have nothing to offer us. That article was so click-bait, one small paragraph....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

I want Roy Hibbert gone more than almost anyone but under no circumstance would I ever be okay with just giving him away for expiring contracts.

You could build a very good trade around Roy but there is nothing the Cavs have that I would be willing to take. At least nothing that they would be willing to give anyway.

Also I know this is kind of picky and it has nothing to do with the OP or even this article but I just hate this day and age we live in where people read other people's work and then report the story on their own site as though it is news. Even if they give credit its just to draw hits to their site & while its perfectly legal and I guess ethical as long as they give credit, but I still think it is cheap.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heck no to this trade. This trade would moderately help us, but unless it REALLY helps us I want no part in helping the flaky Cleveland organization, led by dbag Gilbert get a ring.
    Last edited by joew8302; 09-20-2014 at 07:08 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Yeah, let's aid in building a powerhouse so we can't compete anytime in the next 6 years. Of course my favorite part about that article was the fact that we're "leery" about paying Hibbert 15.5 million next season and it's much more comforting to pay that out to Brendan Haywood and some scrubs.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cleveland has virtually no assets outside of the big three. I don't like Waiters' game at all, they won't trade Varejao, and Tristan Thompson is closer to a throw-in than a centerpiece of a trade. I'm sure the Cavaliers are interested in trading Brendan Haywood's corpse for Hibbert, but there's no reason for the Pacers to entertain any trade from the Cavaliers unless it includes Kyrie Irving.

Trade him, just not to Cleveland... or for that matter, the Eastern Conference. Cavs have nothing we want anyways.

Sports Logo

go to the actual source. it's a writer doing a "so how about X...."

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, let's aid in building a powerhouse so we can't compete anytime in the next 6 years. Of course my favorite part about that article was the fact that we're "leery" about paying Hibbert 15.5 million next season and it's much more comforting to pay that out to Brendan Haywood and some scrubs.
    Well, the Cavs own a pick from Memphis with interesting protections on it. They can't send it to Cleveland unless it's 6th through 14th the next two years, and then it becomes top 5 protected.

And Haywood's salary next season ($10.5 million) isn't guaranteed until August 2nd, which is why they wanted to acquire it.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

I think a lot of people will change their tunes in wanting Hibbert gone once the season gets underway. Larry hasn't given up on him and I seriously don't think we'll see him move. Hibbert still gives us an advantage when he's on his game that we can't replace.
    I sure as hell don't want him moved unless we get a cornerstone all star player in return.

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I think a lot of people will change their tunes in wanting Hibbert gone once the season gets underway. Larry hasn't given up on him and I seriously don't think we'll see him move. Hibbert still gives us an advantage when he's on his game that we can't replace.
    I sure as hell don't want him moved unless we get a cornerstone all star player in return.
    I think there's some potential for a career-best season from Roy this year. Without PG and Lance on the wings, he's going to have a lot more opportunities to block shots (and pick up fouls, on the flip side) and will probably take more FGs than ever before. Could be the best season of his career if he steps up and takes advantage of his opportunities, or he could continue the absolute tailspin he's been on since mid-season last year. Either way, he'll be a compelling player to watch.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    Well, the Cavs own a pick from Memphis with interesting protections on it. They can't send it to Cleveland unless it's 6th through 14th the next two years, and then it becomes top 5 protected.

And Haywood's salary next season ($10.5 million) isn't guaranteed until August 2nd, which is why they wanted to acquire it.
    That is a really interesting pick from the Grizz/Cavs, the Grizzlies can very easily miss the playoffs in the west next season (especially if an injury occurs), plus they're an older team so even if they do the next 2 years, they might be pretty awful come year 3. Not enough to get Hibbert, if they want to throw a boat of picks with Waiters and Thompson then it's something to consider, but helping Cleveland isn't exactly something I feel good about doing.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post

Wouldn't the salary be adjusted since the contract was placed on Amnesty waivers by Dallas? I know the original deal had the $10.5M figure, but wouldn't it be closer to $3-3.5M now?

Sports Logo

I think that they could get Sanders if they included Tristan Thompson and Haywood and draft picks.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I'd settle for a Starting quality Center that can consistently rebound, isn't injury prone, adequately defend the rim and isn't completely inept on the offensive end.

The problem is that there isn't such a Player available.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I think Roy will pleasantly surprise some people with his play. I have absolutely nothing to base that prediction on, it's just a hunch.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    go to the actual source. it's a writer doing a "so how about X...."
    OMG its Cleveland Grimp!!!
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    I think Roy will pleasantly surprise some people with his play. I have absolutely nothing to base that prediction on, it's just a hunch.
    Which is what I think also. Further, I think that West and G. Hill will have statistically good seasons also. Without PG, these guys are going to do more, IMO. What that produces in the way of wins remains to be seen.

And quite honestly, I also wouldn't disbelieve in a trade for Roy either. Some expiring contracts and a pick or two may be more than Bird can say no to.

Sorry to play both sides of the fence but anything could happen. Chuck the season or play on, either one wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    Wouldn't the salary be adjusted since the contract was placed on Amnesty waivers by Dallas? I know the original deal had the $10.5M figure, but wouldn't it be closer to $3-3.5M now?
    Not according to Shamsports. http://data.shamsports.com/content/p.../cavaliers.jsp

I have no idea why it works like that, but apparently it does.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Now wouldnt be a good time to trade Hibbert.

He's in a perfect situation to do well this year with Stephenson and George sadly gone for the season.

Let him get his trade value up then maybe trade him near the all star break or following off-season.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

owl

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    Now wouldnt be a good time to trade Hibbert.

He's in a perfect situation to do well this year with Stephenson and George sadly gone for the season.

Let him get his trade value up then maybe trade him near the all star break or following off-season.
    Honestly, if he actually plays good, I wouldn't interested in trading Hibbert unless a no-brainer deal comes up.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Maybe Bird thinks Hibbert will be able to make more than one trip down court without falling down.

Unless the idea is Lebron for Hibbert I am not interested.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Please no

I've never been a huge Roy Hibbert fan. Nothing against him, my problem is I don't like that style of center. I like quick athletic centers who can defend all over the court. With a quick center it allows your defense to do so much more. But we have built the defense around Roy and it has been to say the least successful

But IMO now is not the time to trade Roy - unless the pacers decide they want to rebuild/reload now and have a very different team to surround PG when he comes back a year from now.