Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Law and Order to do an episode on the pacers pistons brawl this week.

Default Law and Order to do an episode on the pacers pistons brawl this week.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...er-brawl_x.htm

'Law and Order' episode draws on Pistons-Pacers melee
    DETROIT (AP) The brawl between Indiana Pacers players and Detroit Pistons fans was replayed countless times on sports shows and newscasts.
    Now, the Nov. 19 melee at The Palace of Auburn Hills has inspired an episode of NBC-TV's fictional Law & Order.

Unlike the episode entitled "The Sixth Man," slated to air at 10 p.m. ET Wednesday, the most serious charge resulting from the Palace brawl is felonious assault not murder. But up to that point, the show's plot closely follows actual events.

The star player for the fictional Philadelphia Cannons, Silas Enwood, lies down on the scorer's table during a game against the New York Empires. A fan, Ira Waldman, dumps beer on Enwood, who rushes into the stands with several teammates and fights with fans including Waldman.

After Waldman sues Enwood for $20 million, he is found dead of a broken neck. The Law & Order team jumps into action and Enwood goes on trial.

The show doesn't mention Detroit, the Pistons, the Pacers or Indiana's Ron Artest. The Nov. 19 fracas began after the All-Star lay on the scorer's table, had a beverage dumped on him and rushed into the stands with several teammates. Artest was suspended for the season and four teammates drew shorter suspensions; they and four Detroit fans are charged with misdemeanor assault and battery.

"We were aware of this episode," Pistons spokesman Kevin Grigg told The Detroit News for a Tuesday story. "But we're not going to comment on the content."

Another fan, 37-year-old Bryant Jackson, faces trial on a felonious assault charge for allegedly tossing a chair. But Oakland County Prosecutor David Gorcyca said he wasn't concerned that the Law & Order episode could affect upcoming legal proceedings.

"If anything, I think it's going to bring up the incident again and show the negativity of violence in sports," Gorcyca said. "You know how they say the truth is stranger than fiction ... well, it sounds like this show is the video turned into fiction."

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Law and Order to do an episode on the pacers pistons brawl this week.

I love Law & Order. I'll be sure to catch this episode.

Dream Big

Default Re: Law and Order to do an episode on the pacers pistons brawl this week.

I just saw a commercial for it on NBC, looks good...

"he started something he couldn't finish.... he's finished now"

Yay. Gee whiz. Our season is ruined, but at least they're making a blown-out-of-proportion Law and Order episode about us. I'm overflowing with joy right now. Hoo-ray.

After Waldman sues Enwood for $20 million, he is found dead of a broken neck.
    Let this serve as a lesson to John Green, et. al.

"I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

This is so stupid
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love Law & Order. I'll be sure to catch this episode.

Then all you'll need to do is turn on TNT or USA and I'm sure that an episode will be on. Never fails, it's all they show, very aggravating.

PistonsDynasty

LOL, I have a feeling that there is going to be a made-for-tv movie about the brawl.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsDynasty
    LOL, I have a feeling that there is going to be a made-for-tv movie about the brawl.
    We should cast that thing...

Tom Cruise as Rick Carlisle

Xzibit as Jermaine O'Neal

Mekhi Phifer as Ron Artest

Ruben Studdard as Ben Wallace's brother

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by btownpacer
    Anonymous internet baby #47 as Ben Wallace....

The resemblence is uncanny
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Rotflmao

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Thanks I needed that laugh!! It has been a long day.

ReggieMiller8325

ha those are some funny pics i better not see a alien and reggie miller.

BabbleOn

I have a friend who thinks Cola (er, Rick Carlisle) resembles Jim Carrey. I don't wanna fool with photos though, so use your imagination.

Can the lead star of Office Space play Austin Croshere?

The Alien as Reggie Miller

ReggieMiller8325

hey man i told nobody to do that its not funny :finger:

pb777

It's crazy when you open a Law and Order thread, read the first post then scroll to the bottom to quick reply and see "The Alien as Reggie Miller"! wtf!

I was gonna say that really like law and order, and that i hope they dont depict the players in a bad way...

Ron Livingston as Austin Croshere: