Thread: Conseco's in-game antics

Default Conseco's in-game antics

I don't know how many of you, if any, notice the music during gameplay at the Fieldhouse like I do...Midway through last year, someone who hadn't been to a Pacers game in a long time went, and afterward he asked me if they played music/sound effects all game long (the last time he was there, they didn't do that). I told him I wasn't sure; I didn't notice the music that much. Then, every game I've been to since then, I've noticed exactly how much "un-basketball" noise there is throughout the games; it's outrageous. There was a point in a game I went to a couple weeks ago where there was an entire possession without sound effects, and I immediately noticed, and even remarked, "Hey! They aren't doin' any noises!" Then, promptly after a shot was made, the music/noises came back.

Anyway, the point of this thread is when did all this constant music/noise/sound-playing begin? And why in the world do we need it every single time down the court? That person who I spoke of earlier said he probably won't go to another game because the music/sound was so excessive-- not too loud--but just constant. He wants to hear the game; he wants to hear the players, the sound of the basketball dribbling, etc. And so do I. I don't have a problem with it down the stretch, and I don't have a problem with it every once in a while when the crowd needs a little pushing or the players need a little something; but I don't believe we need to hear it after every shot and during every single possession. I find it quite annoying; and I don't want to hear the talk about "it's there because the Conseco fans are so quiet." Fine, I'd rather have a near-silent stadium where I can hear the basketball game than listen to music/ artificial cheering while watching it.

Just once I would like to attend a game where the game starts out after the tip with the Pacers with the ball and hear the IndyCars running-by noises, then after the shot is made--nothing. After the Pacers go on a 8-pt + run, and the other team is looking demoralized, I'd like to hear some thundering DE-FENSE chanting. I don't need the music every time down. I don't need the DE-FENSE chant every single possession the opponent has. It just seems to me like this has gradually changed over the past few years, and you cannot go more than 1 possession a game without some kind of artificial cheer.

Oh, and on another note, the person who runs the replays on the big screen needs some help. Almost every time there's a controversial play, there's no replay; but whenever there's a dunk, you can almost set your watch to it-- it'll be shown again.

Maybe you don't feel the same way; you probably don't...Just wanted to vent my feelings on this.

And next time you're at a game, take notice of how often the music is played during game action.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Conseco's in-game antics

Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know how many of you, if any, notice the music during gameplay at the Fieldhouse like I do...Midway through last year, someone who hadn't been to a Pacers game in a long time went, and afterward he asked me if they played music/sound effects all game long (the last time he was there, they didn't do that). I told him I wasn't sure; I didn't notice the music that much. Then, every game I've been to since then, I've noticed exactly how much "un-basketball" noise there is throughout the games; it's outrageous. There was a point in a game I went to a couple weeks ago where there was an entire possession without sound effects, and I immediately noticed, and even remarked, "Hey! They aren't doin' any noises!" Then, promptly after a shot was made, the music/noises came back.

Anyway, the point of this thread is when did all this constant music/noise/sound-playing begin? And why in the world do we need it every single time down the court? That person who I spoke of earlier said he probably won't go to another game because the music/sound was so excessive-- not too loud--but just constant. He wants to hear the game; he wants to hear the players, the sound of the basketball dribbling, etc. And so do I. I don't have a problem with it down the stretch, and I don't have a problem with it every once in a while when the crowd needs a little pushing or the players need a little something; but I don't believe we need to hear it after every shot and during every single possession. I find it quite annoying; and I don't want to hear the talk about "it's there because the Conseco fans are so quiet." Fine, I'd rather have a near-silent stadium where I can hear the basketball game than listen to music/ artificial cheering while watching it.

Just once I would like to attend a game where the game starts out after the tip with the Pacers with the ball and hear the IndyCars running-by noises, then after the shot is made--nothing. After the Pacers go on a 8-pt + run, and the other team is looking demoralized, I'd like to hear some thundering DE-FENSE chanting. I don't need the music every time down. I don't need the DE-FENSE chant every single possession the opponent has. It just seems to me like this has gradually changed over the past few years, and you cannot go more than 1 possession a game without some kind of artificial cheer.

Oh, and on another note, the person who runs the replays on the big screen needs some help. Almost every time there's a controversial play, there's no replay; but whenever there's a dunk, you can almost set your watch to it-- it'll be shown again.

Maybe you don't feel the same way; you probably don't...Just wanted to vent my feelings on this.

And next time you're at a game, take notice of how often the music is played during game action.

Bring it up with Paul B.

I agree that its a little too "hands on" nowadays, but I suppose the crowds have been so quiet in Indiana, that they feel most of them don't know HOW to cheer, or at least thats what Paul B explained to me.

I didn't have as much problem with the music as the constant teling people when to stand up, or when to make noise, but then again, I'm only a paying customer one day a year. You probably have more of a right to complain.

I still don't understand it: at Market square you didn't even need SPEAKERS. It was rowdy all game long. Has the conseco crowd become too wine and cheese?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

PistonsDynasty

LMAO!!! That's DJ Paul B. The polor opposite of the Pistons. The Pistons only play 5 secs of music after the Pistons scores. I feel you pain Pacer fan

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsDynasty
    LMAO!!! That's DJ Paul B. The polor opposite of the Pistons. The Pistons only play 5 secs of music after the Pistons scores. I feel you pain Pacer fan
    No offense, but your posts are getting worse and worse.

Try to be a little more constructive, please.

dude, you're bordering on trolling here.

Please stop.

If you want to trash talk, please go to IndyStar.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

DJ Paul B has nothing do to with the music or sound effects while the ball is in play, and yes the constant noise drives me crazy. But don't blame Paul B

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    DJ Paul B has nothing do to with the music or sound effects while the ball is in play, and yes the constant noise drives me crazy. But don't blame Paul B

Yes and he has said this several times on here. He only does timeouts and pregame stuff like that etc , the sounds effects are a diffrent person.

sweabs

Please man...

DJ Paul B might not have control over it, but he might have some sort of connections to the person that does.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    Agreed.

A minute or two of silence every now and then would be refreshing.

The noise level drops off a little during a few of the opponent's possessions each game. But that's about it.

O watch most games from a suite and get a chance to meet a lot of people who get to attend games "every now and then". The one topic that occurs every game, and I mean EVERY game, is about how loud the constant noise is.

During most of the game, timeouts and even the quarter breaks, the noise prevents you from carrying on a conversation with those near you without yelling.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

I have Beyatched about this for YEARS...especiall the DEFENSE chant and the race car noise (the idea came from the Charlotte Bees buzzing all game long)

It dind't seem too bad until the last quarter of the last game I attended. Then it got bad. Before that....well I went on a protest for years...refused to attend games until they stopped doing it. Then was told they had stopped...went to a Boston PO game and it was all good so I started taking in some games. Now it seems that it's back. Although I can tell you the fake noise seems a lot louder on TV than in person.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

you're an old man though......you people are SUPPOSED to complain about everything......

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    you're an old man though......you people are SUPPOSED to complain about everything......

YES!!! I AM A SUCCESS!!!

I am also snockered
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

FOr the record.....I would like it noted that I have never once complained about the lack of BeeGees music at Pacer Games.

_PD_

Yep. Your media is being packaged into "you're too stupid to know any better" discrete bytes. That includes the TV news and the Star. Everything is being dumbed down these days and digitally enhanced for your entertainment. It's enough to make ya want to go read a book.

I guess it's a reflection of who we've become. I saw a post on another forum this week where someone called someone "stpud", while making 11 spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes in a two line post.

The world has been overrun with media FLUFF.

Ever notice every time there is even the inkling of a confrontation on the court or field, they switch to a different camera? Wouldn't it make more sense to do that when some moron is dancing in the end zone? No substance, fluff.

woman without a team

Bring it up with Paul B.

I agree that its a little too "hands on" nowadays, but I suppose the crowds have been so quiet in Indiana, that they feel most of them don't know HOW to cheer, or at least thats what Paul B explained to me.

I didn't have as much problem with the music as the constant teling people when to stand up, or when to make noise, but then again, I'm only a paying customer one day a year. You probably have more of a right to complain.

I still don't understand it: at Market square you didn't even need SPEAKERS. It was rowdy all game long. Has the conseco crowd become too wine and cheese?
    Please ignore the following PMS induced

I've been waiting for someone to bring up how quiet the crowds are. It doesn't bother me when people don't cheer. Actually it does, but what drives me INSANE is people who come to the game and don't pay any attention (none one mother minute!) to the game. If I ever find out what corporation bought the seats next to me I'm gonna them for giving the tickets to the people who have sat next to me the last 2 games.

(Please don't send me to the kiddie board. Now that I realize what time of the month it is I promise to keep my thoughts to myself until it passes. )

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't have a problem with the music and noise..But thats just me.

However, the crowd is weak and thats a problem I have. I stand up and cheer when I go to the games and everyone looks at me like im crazy telling me to sit down...And last game I was at there was a couple people in front of me that didn't watch one minute of the game. All they did was talk about other stuff besides basketball..If you don't want to be there don't go. Give your seats to some better fans.

_PD_

All they did was talk about other stuff besides basketball..If you don't want to be there don't go. Give your seats to some better fans.
    Yeah, that's right. Unfortunately, many really good fans have been priced out of going. A few years ago, we figured out we'd have an extra $25k/yr to retire on if we bailed on the season tickets.

The mrs. just told me that she heard Michael Crichton say recently that the media's MO now is to "simplify and exaggerate". The same thing Walt Disney used to tell his animators. Conseco is just trying to make sure you think you got your money's worth, even if they have to irritate you to do it.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    Please ignore the following PMS induced

I've been waiting for someone to bring up how quiet the crowds are. It doesn't bother me when people don't cheer. Actually it does, but what drives me INSANE is people who come to the game and don't pay any attention (none one mother minute!) to the game. If I ever find out what corporation bought the seats next to me I'm gonna them for giving the tickets to the people who have sat next to me the last 2 games.

(Please don't send me to the kiddie board. Now that I realize what time of the month it is I promise to keep my thoughts to myself until it passes. )

Uh oh...is this Mrs. Geezer??? Oh wait, I just read the last half of the last sentence...no way would Mrs.G ever say that!!!

Yeah, I hate when they play music or noise while the game is going on. Save it for breaks in the action. It's the main reason I prefer to go to college games rather than pro games.

Yeah, I find that pretty annoying when watching Pacers games on league pass. I guess I'm old school I like to hear the players talking trash, the sneakers squeaking, the coaches screaming instructions etc.,, I love the sight lines during the Pacers telecast though it reminds me of the Spectrum where the 76ers used to play where you are right on top of the action with the Wachovia Center the camera angles are further away and it has a cavernous feel to it. But they should do away with the artificial music during plays or maybe I'm just getting old.