Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, if it really is Lance, I don't think Bird learned a single thing from the brawl years. Character. smh......
    I agree that Lance has got to go. I don't think he and PG can co-exist. Hopefully we can sign and trade Lance for someone valuable. PG aint going nowhere. We just have to hope he matures and keeps working hard on his game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Honestly, if it really is Lance, I don't think Bird learned a single thing from the brawl years. Character. smh......
    None of these guys are shooting up indy or setting a bad example off the court. even lance has been a good soldier off the court. now paul.... you be the judge. this issue has nothing to do with off the court issues or character even.

we cannot have all milk drinkers as the saying goes. west already eluded to lances immaturity and vogel has as well.

I'm honestly in shock that Lance is being named as the problem when he's the only one consistently bringing energy and solid production each night. Yea, let's excuse Paul George and George Hill's sub 40% shooting, over reliance on the 3, or lack of any kind of fight. While we're at it, let's excuse Roy Hibbert for being one of the more mentally and emotionally weak players in the league and whom would rather pout most nights than give any kind of effort in terms of establishing himself in the post, fighting for rebounds, or taking quality high % shots. But please, continue to blame the only consistent player on this Pacers team. If Lance's teammates can't handle his personality, then they are the ones not suited to winning a title with that level of mental weakness not being able to separate off the court from on it.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

I think we are tired. Dead legs tired. Pacers have played a lot of games this month, maybe. I don't know why, other than that. But they played good in short stretches, but could not sustain it. That seems to indicate tiredness. I'm not an NBA player, but they were not quick going down court or getting back on defense. They looked like they were trying to run, but were just not going very fast. They looked and played like guys that have hit the rookie wall.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post

words can't express how pissed i'm at that pg quote. we are not hungry anymore. really pg? what the **** have you done to lose your ****ing hunger? i guess getting a stripper pregnant and sending naked photos of yourself was your goal. you have reached your goals man. take it easy now. un****ingreal. that's the definition of a loser right there.
    Last edited by xtacy; 03-31-2014 at 04:47 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Wake me up next season.
    Mood

Sports Logo

The Cavs were playing with a real chip on their shoulder,
    and I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do
    with the Pacers having picked up Bynum after the way
    he dissed them.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    he dissed them.
    Nah. I had enough of that " We're getting the best shot of each team we're facing". We used that after the All Star break when we were winning but not so convincingly, and it might was true for a while, but not anymore. It's definitely us.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    he dissed them.
    nope we just suck making mediocre at best (some awful) teams look good. we will play a true contender today. if we don't bring our best effort and performance it will get ugly. even if we do it may still. i mean real ugly.
    Last edited by xtacy; 03-31-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Not hungry? Apparently they don't know what it takes to be a champion.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I owe all of those that recognized this an apology.
    No one owes anyone an apology for having a difference of opinion. The idea that disagreeing is somehow an insult is what causes 90% of the problems on here.

You only owe someone an apology if you treated them like idiots. If you stated your case for disagreeing honestly and respectfully, then nothing else is necessary.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Really xtacy? What has PG accomplished? He just made his 2nd All Star team as a starter this time, He signed a new contract before the season started that makes him a multi-millionaire at 23. He signed up for several commericals that gave him exposure to get the 3rd highest vote count for the ASG. Maybe he's satisfied with what he has done? Roy fell apart the first season after his near MAX contract and only showed up again during playoffs. Hell, maybe the REAL superstars only have to play when they feel like it.

Candace Buckner ✔ @CandaceDBuckner
    Follow
    Paul George: "Us not being motivated just shows the fight in this team, I guess." #troublesome

SEASON OVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    Really xtacy? What has PG accomplished? He just made his 2nd All Star team as a starter this time, He signed a new contract before the season started that makes him a multi-millionaire at 23. He signed up for several commericals that gave him exposure to get the 3rd highest vote count for the ASG. Maybe he's satisfied with what he has done? Roy fell apart the first season after his near MAX contract and only showed up again during playoffs. Hell, maybe the REAL superstars only have to play when they feel like it.
    if a "superstar" loses his hunger for the game before he puts a (or more than one) rings on his fingers, he's a pretender. period. if he feels like this at this age, we are truly ****ed. we will have a "superstar" who doesn't give a **** about winning. if that doesn't worry you i have nothing to say.

I think I agree with you Croz24. Last season when Lance was being a lunkhead and causing problems, Vogel would bench him and make it plain he was tired of his play. You think Lance has blackmail power over Frank this year? Or does FV see a lot of Lance's problems as being a team problem? I sometimes think that Lance just does not trust everyone on his team to give the kind of effort he does, so he take too much on himself. Don't know where he would get such an idea! Maybe it's because unlike Lance, some 'better' players would rather throw the ball out of bounds than pass to another running teammate on a fast break run out. Maybe it's because after 4 years of playing with him in practice and games his teammates still are not ready for a pass from him when he draws double teams? Hopefully, we will S&T Lance next year and keep Evan Turnover to replace him. That way we can stop worrying about Lance's t/o's, most of which come from his teammates being asleep or unable to catch a pass. At least ET turns the ball over mostly trying to score in near impossible situations and not from trying to get an assist.SMH. Lance reminds me of the quote Lou Hudson had about Pistol Pete way back. Pet had thrown a behind the back, no look pass to Lou, who was about 1/2 step in front of his man, and broke LH's nose. Hudson said " That boy's going to be a good one, if he don't kill somebody during a game!"

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    I'm honestly in shock that Lance is being named as the problem when he's the only one consistently bringing energy and solid production each night. Yea, let's excuse Paul George and George Hill's sub 40% shooting, over reliance on the 3, or lack of any kind of fight. While we're at it, let's excuse Roy Hibbert for being one of the more mentally and emotionally weak players in the league and whom would rather pout most nights than give any kind of effort in terms of establishing himself in the post, fighting for rebounds, or taking quality high % shots. But please, continue to blame the only consistent player on this Pacers team. If Lance's teammates can't handle his personality, then they are the ones not suited to winning a title with that level of mental weakness not being able to separate off the court from on it.
    Lance shares the blame as much as everyone else on the Team. How much of the blame varies based off of opinion of the Placer ( and more than likely preference to the Player ). I can find plenty of examples every couple of games where Lance does the very things that you suggest that GH and PG24 does.....there's plenty of blame to go around.

I don't excuse PG24 for jacking up a 3pt shot instead of attacking the basket.....I don't excuse Hibbert for not blocking out or missing the frickin bunny that he should easily make....I don't excuse West for getting p*ssed off at the Ref for fouling someone when he clearly fouled him....I don't excuse GH for not hitting a damn FT when he needs to.....I don't excuse Vogel for being too stubborn to make adjustments that plays to the Player's strengths ( as opposed to weaknesses ) when the Team is falling apart on the offensive end.

In the end...I blame the entire Starting Lineup and Coach for not figuring out some way to trust each other.

Before anyone flies off the handle rushing to defend Lance....to be clear.....I'm not saying that the rest of the Starting isn't to blame or that he is the only one to blame....I'm saying that ALL of them are to blame.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-31-2014 at 11:36 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    Candace Buckner ✔ @CandaceDBuckner
    Follow
    Paul George: "Us not being motivated just shows the fight in this team, I guess." #troublesome

SEASON OVER.
    To PG24's:

kind of reverse-logic response is that?

NOTE - Sorry 31Since1990....this in reference to PG24....not your response.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-31-2014 at 11:35 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.