Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 91

Thread: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

  1. #51
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,311

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knicks are more disfunctional than we are. Look at some of their scores on the west coast. The Lakers scored like 150 pst on them
    Yet, they just recently beat us.

    The Knicks are bad, but right now, we are worse.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,085

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul. Your a supposed superstar. Time to take over. Time to share the ball.
    David. You're the unquestioned leader of the team. Time to rally the troops.
    Roy. You're a MAX contract player. Start playing like one, no more 6 pts. and 5 rebound games.
    Fixed.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,306
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    I'm so confused....I've never seen anything like this before. This part of the schedule was supposed to be easier than the start of the year. I don't buy that were not as good as we thought they were. I just think their not as focused right now for some reason. I have no clue...

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:


  7. #54

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    We are so overdue for a good shooting night. Most people probably don't believe in it, but one of these nights our open shots are going to go down.

  8. #55
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,561
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are so overdue for a good shooting night. Most people probably don't believe in it, but one of these nights our open shots are going to go down.
    With the current level of mental, physical, and I believe emotional fatigue being demonstrated by the Pacers, I don't think enough shots will end up falling to make much difference.

    Until the Pacers come up with a team-wide case of Tinsley's "sinusitis" and just give the starters all a break for about half of the upcoming games, I don't think they will come out of this. Adrenaline kicked in against the Heat IMO, and that carried the Pacers to the win.

    West, Scola, PG, and Hibbert all need a significant break. They all seem burnt out from the grind.

  9. #56

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was true then and it still is true now. We were 44-13 one month ago and we were playing good ball.

    But this month has absolutely sucked. You are free to say whatever you like for this month. It has been absolutely horrible and you have every right to criticize the way that the team plays right now.

    But a month ago? No, we were playing good back then. Criticizing the team then because they didn't beat the Bucks by 40 was ridiculous.
    Nuntius you are wrong. All the signs were there more than a month ago to predict this which alot of us did and were ridiculed for it. It is true darksiders can be too dark and sunshiners can also be to sunny. This was predictable and it wasn't even hard to predict. But there are way too many people on here that will ignore a problem just because they like a certain player. Now there are all kinds of problems with this team, chemistry, trust, coaching, effort, whining all the time to the referees. We have focused all year on just the Heat. The Heat may not even be a top 5 team right now. We better worry about whoever we play because playing the Heat is certainly not a given. The goal was to win the championship not just to beat the Heat. Now we more than likelly will do neither

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:


  11. #57

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    last 8, PG

    5-13, 15 points
    6-22, 19 points
    8-19, 23 points
    8-22, 21 points
    2-10, 8 points
    3-13, 10 points
    4-17, 17 points
    4-14, 24 points
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  13. #58
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,222

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    last 8, PG

    5-13, 15 points
    6-22, 19 points
    8-19, 23 points
    8-22, 21 points
    2-10, 8 points
    3-13, 10 points
    4-17, 17 points
    4-14, 24 points
    Not sure Durant or Curry could shoot that bad even with a blindfold on.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  15. #59
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,783

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are so overdue for a good shooting night. Most people probably don't believe in it, but one of these nights our open shots are going to go down.

    I agree, the law of averages will give yes a great shooting night. But the problem is we aren't getting good shots, so we can't sustain shooting well. Plus we are pressing, and have lost confidence in ourselves and in each other

  16. #60
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,286

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    I think there's a rat in the locker room and/or the players are not happy with Pacer management.

  17. #61
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nuntius you are wrong. All the signs were there more than a month ago to predict this which alot of us did and were ridiculed for it. It is true darksiders can be too dark and sunshiners can also be to sunny. This was predictable and it wasn't even hard to predict. But there are way too many people on here that will ignore a problem just because they like a certain player. Now there are all kinds of problems with this team, chemistry, trust, coaching, effort, whining all the time to the referees. We have focused all year on just the Heat. The Heat may not even be a top 5 team right now. We better worry about whoever we play because playing the Heat is certainly not a given. The goal was to win the championship not just to beat the Heat. Now we more than likelly will do neither
    doctor-h, you have every right to hold this opinion but I will never agree with it. We weren't playing bad a month ago. We just weren't playing as good as we were at the start of the season.

    I don't know how to explain this March (which has certainly been awful) but there was nothing in the team's play from a month ago that could foresee this. Not in my opinion, at least.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  18. #62

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ironic that this is being said after a game where I think Lance did almost everything he could to keep everyone else active in the game. He still made a couple of bad decisions, but I can live with a couple per game. For the most part, I think Lance was in control and contributing in all those little ways.
    Isn't Lance leading the team in FG%, rebounds, and assists? He takes 2 shots for every 3 that PG takes and beats him in FG%. I am not sure what more he can do. Want scapegoats start with Roy with his single digits in points and rebounds.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  20. #63

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    We suck. Our scrubs go to other teams and become quality role players. Quality role players come to us and become scrubs. There is no will to win amongst the players. Sad times are ahead

  21. #64

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    It's our spacing, teams know we don't have good shooters beside West and Hill, so they simply pack the paint. PG and Lance fell from grace after 3 month stretch of amazing midrange jumper and 3 point shot percentage. Now they are making us take jumpers and cutting of passing and driving lanes. Pacers haven't been able to adjust the past 3 months. We became a clone of the Grizzlies from two years ago, when they had no shooting, Pacers will have the same problem.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  23. #65

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    doctor-h, you have every right to hold this opinion but I will never agree with it. We weren't playing bad a month ago. We just weren't playing as good as we were at the start of the season.

    I don't know how to explain this March (which has certainly been awful) but there was nothing in the team's play from a month ago that could foresee this. Not in my opinion, at least.

    Yes there was and it was obvious. The selfishness was was starting to show, the defense was declining, focus was being lost and the identity of the team was changing. That has all led to this. We weren't performing well in back to backs and our road record was becoming average. If those aren't signs then what is. The offense had become so predictable and stagnant. Whining to the referees started to be a constant thing. Vogels inability to develope a bench has been a problem for three years and it had come back to bite us the further we got into the season. He also played the starters too many minutes and now that has come back to haunt us. I said before he has ran the starters in the ground and now it is obvious that he did.

  24. #66
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,042

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes there was and it was obvious. The selfishness was was starting to show, the defense was declining, focus was being lost and the identity of the team was changing. That has all led to this. We weren't performing well in back to backs and our road record was becoming average. If those aren't signs then what is. The offense had become so predictable and stagnant. Whining to the referees started to be a constant thing. Vogels inability to develope a bench has been a problem for three years and it had come back to bite us the further we got into the season. He also played the starters too many minutes and now that has come back to haunt us. I said before he has ran the starters in the ground and now it is obvious that he did.
    I agree that a number of those things (defense declining, losing focus, identity changing, starters playing too many minutes etc.) happened but I don't think that these were a precursor of what is happening now.

    What is happening now is entirely different of what was happening back then. The players are not trusting each other right now but they did trust each other back then. That's the main difference.

    We went 19-8 in January/February with some big wins over Golden State (away), Portland and a surging Brooklyn.

    We have gone 8-9 in this March and we have lost 5 of our last 7 games. The two situations are entirely different.

    We would really wish to be playing like we did back in January/February.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  25. #67

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't Lance leading the team in FG%, rebounds, and assists? He takes 2 shots for every 3 that PG takes and beats him in FG%. I am not sure what more he can do. Want scapegoats start with Roy with his single digits in points and rebounds.
    Because most of his shots are at the RIM, nearly 60%.

  26. #68

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because most of his shots are at the RIM, nearly 60%.
    Whatever it takes to score. What's wrong with that?

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  28. #69
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,222

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's our spacing, teams know we don't have good shooters beside West and Hill, so they simply pack the paint. PG and Lance fell from grace after 3 month stretch of amazing midrange jumper and 3 point shot percentage. Now they are making us take jumpers and cutting of passing and driving lanes. Pacers haven't been able to adjust the past 3 months. We became a clone of the Grizzlies from two years ago, when they had no shooting, Pacers will have the same problem.

    You do have a point and I have no idea why Larry has consistently failed to address the lack of having one or two "automatic" shooters on this team. Guys that rarely miss if you leave them open.(Cope is not it....not a big enough sample size to even judge) I've said this repeatedly. Larry has made some good moves but he dropped the ball here and it's killing us. We need more quickness and more shooting. We are a slow team that can't shoot. Defense can only take you so far. There are more issues than these obviously, but who wouldn't kill for a deadly shooter right now.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  30. #70
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,628

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do have a point and I have no idea why Larry has consistently failed to address the lack of having one or two "automatic" shooters on this team. Guys that rarely miss if you leave them open.(Cope is not it....not a big enough sample size to even judge) I've said this repeatedly. Larry has made some good moves but he dropped the ball here and it's killing us. We need more quickness and more shooting. We are a slow team that can't shoot. Defense can only take you so far. There are more issues than these obviously, but who wouldn't kill for a deadly shooter right now.
    Assuming Larry was the one who wanted Cope, I think he was hoping he could be that kinda guy for us. After a player gets signed it's up to the coach to use him correctly and Frank hasn't really done that it seems, either that or our players just don't get him involved enough when he's on the floor.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  32. #71
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do have a point and I have no idea why Larry has consistently failed to address the lack of having one or two "automatic" shooters on this team. Guys that rarely miss if you leave them open.(Cope is not it....not a big enough sample size to even judge) I've said this repeatedly. Larry has made some good moves but he dropped the ball here and it's killing us. We need more quickness and more shooting. We are a slow team that can't shoot. Defense can only take you so far. There are more issues than these obviously, but who wouldn't kill for a deadly shooter right now.
    Granger was a shooter and he got hurt. so its basically been two seasons this team has been without one. Barbosa came over and even struggled.

    At this point we could have Reginald Wayne Miller on this team in his prime and im not sure we would be able to get him open shots. Reggie never really was able to break his player down off the dribble.

    I know shooting looks like the solvent to this issue but the team has been last in A/T ratio the previous season and 26th this year. we cannot get players good looks. Vogel needs a true point guard and a more traditional approach to offense. the sg sg sg pf c approach is not working.

    Vogels too good of a young coach to let go without giving him a chance to let a point guard run his offense.


    lance is as good as gone for one reason or another,,, primarily $$$. hope we can get a sign and trade lance for a point or let turner handle the sg, he of all players has the truest point guard skills,,, its his defense I would fear most at the point position. reason why maybe the hill turner backcourt could work.

    its time to skip forward a season with this offense and get turner in the starting lineup. after the blowout loss to the spurs tomorrow this teams got about 10 games to right the ship.

    lance can do whatever the hell he wants to do with that second unit.. its all his.

  33. #72
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Assuming Larry was the one who wanted Cope, I think he was hoping he could be that kinda guy for us. After a player gets signed it's up to the coach to use him correctly and Frank hasn't really done that it seems, either that or our players just don't get him involved enough when he's on the floor.
    birds went after guys like mayo, jamal Crawford, Gerald Henderson,, and just missed. Bird doesn't walk on water but at least he has this Franchise selling out games again.

    im more pissed he has never landed us a point guard. Lawson over hansbrough.. pretty sure Bird knows he ****** that one up.

  34. #73
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,833

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fixed.
    PG hogging such a substantial percentage of the offense has clearly had a detrimental effect on the rest of the offense. The most predictably bad play in the NBA right now is what the Pacers run on their last possession of a quarter: A PG ISO and bad shot. The other four Pacers stand around disinterested because they know that there is almost zero percent of getting the ball. On one of those end of the quarter possessions today (I forget what quarter), PG actually did pass......with about a second or two left on the clock to Lance who was way beyond the three point line and had to jack up a long three. The only reason PG passed was because he got trapped by a couple of Cavs, IIRC. It wasn't really a "real" pass.

    Vogel needs to have some stones and reign him in.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  36. #74
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,286

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    I fortunately did not have the displeasure of seeing the game today. The box score looks like their starters dominated ours and I must say given their starting unit that should be an embarrassment of epic proportions.

    This simply isn't a slump. We are probably done for the season because something hard to fix is broken. I think Lance is the issue. George Hill and DWest ride together. Roy has already stated Paul and DWest are not the issue. Gotta be Lance and if so gotta cut out that cancer. This is coming from a very strong Lance supporter but it is what it is.

    Edit: With that said, for the record...this team without Lance Stephenson is not talented enough to win a title. Again, it is what it is.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  38. #75
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,286

    Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

    Honestly, if it really is Lance, I don't think Bird learned a single thing from the brawl years. Character. smh......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •