Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

Default Re: Pacers / Cavs Post Game thread - 3/30

San Antonio is going to show us what a "real" Championship team looks like.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    San Antonio is going to show us what a "real" Championship team looks like.
    It's probable but we'll see. It's a home game after all.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Some "gems" from Candance's twitter timeline. Here we go:

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    How much longer does Coach Vogel continue to receive a pass for this pathetic display of basketball. I like Frank. Hope we can make it happen. But this team needs a point guard. Change the entire offense. The loss of Brian Shaw is now catching up to us. I tried to dismiss it, no choice. I think he had a way of keeping these guys together as well, esp PG.

Not to single out Lance, but I am ready for a change in the starting lineup. I know that's drastic, I don't care. Start Turner at SG. let lance run the second unit.
    Ironic that this is being said after a game where I think Lance did almost everything he could to keep everyone else active in the game. He still made a couple of bad decisions, but I can live with a couple per game. For the most part, I think Lance was in control and contributing in all those little ways.

I don't know if a drastic change would help anything. Both Friday and today there were glimpses of how this team used to play together, and they have led to open shots. We just can't hit water falling out of a boat any more.

I really liked what was starting to happen when Frank stood on the sidelines and began counting down to get the guys attacking early in the offense. Had that been done sooner, maybe it would have made the difference. But I think the team may get a little confidence back from seeing that it CAN be done if they don't bury themselves early on. Whether that helps them sink their shots, I don't know.

Besides, what are the odds between that opposite-called elbow and the hand to the throat that DWest is sitting out tomorrow night anyway on orders from the league?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Some "gems" from Candance's twitter timeline. Here we go:

great. they don't know...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Ironic that this is being said after a game where I think Lance did almost everything he could to keep everyone else active in the game. He still made a couple of bad decisions, but I can live with a couple per game. For the most part, I think Lance was in control and contributing in all those little ways.

I don't know if a drastic change would help anything. Both Friday and today there were glimpses of how this team used to play together, and they have led to open shots. We just can't hit water falling out of a boat any more.

I really liked what was starting to happen when Frank stood on the sidelines and began counting down to get the guys attacking early in the offense. Had that been done sooner, maybe it would have made the difference. But I think the team may get a little confidence back from seeing that it CAN be done if they don't bury themselves early on. Whether that helps them sink their shots, I don't know.

Besides, what are the odds between that opposite-called elbow and the hand to the throat that DWest is sitting out tomorrow night anyway on orders from the league?
    I don't believe anyones got the answer. I just believe Lance is the type of guy that's gonna bring it nite in nite out. Turner looks lost and as odd as it sounds believe would be more assertive and aggressive with our starters covering up his lack of understanding the offensive execution.

the second unit is complete garbage right now, scolas worthless.. let lance be the man off the bench.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    A month or so ago when people were first sounding alarm, I was like a confident Titanic passenger after the iceberg collision who arrogantly balked at the notion that something was wrong. But now the decks have tilted quite a bit, half of the boat is underwater, and there are only a couple of lifeboats left. This team dying quickly of hypothermia in the playoffs is beginning to become a tragic possibility.
    That is a perfect analogy. This season started like a great trip on a magnificent ship when suddenly a month or two ago the boat hit an iceberg and now we are witnessing a disaster that nobody really wants to watch. Can some of the passengers be saved? Not looking good.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

That PG quote tells me all I need to know. This team is done. You have to be hungry to win a championship, and we aren't.

Expect big changes in the offseason.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    It was true then and it still is true now. We were 44-13 one month ago and we were playing good ball.

But this month has absolutely sucked. You are free to say whatever you like for this month. It has been absolutely horrible and you have every right to criticize the way that the team plays right now.

But a month ago? No, we were playing good back then. Criticizing the team then because they didn't beat the Bucks by 40 was ridiculous.
    No we were playing bad ball but were getting lucky and winning games. But trends were there that showed something was amiss

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

I'm at a loss, too. Used to be, when this team struggled (even when winning), I thought there were 1 or 2 pretty clear reasons, and they were fixable. Now, the reasons are so plentiful and varied, I don't know where to begin. Paul George being a fake superstar? The part-time tough guy act from so many others? Hill being a man without a role on this team? Hibbert's nightly confidence issues? West's legs, Lance's mistakes, the bench in general, Vogel? I don't know where blame for one starts, and blame for another begins.

I do know this is trending toward the biggest sports embarrassment and disappointment in Indy pro sports history, and that's something I really don't want to happen, so I'm hoping for a Hail Mary kind of resolution to the season and beginning of playoffs.

I keep telling myself they can't play any worse, that this offense can't possibly be any more broken. And they keep proving me wrong...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Btw, anyone who isn't hungry needs to sit. And I don't care who that is.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

How the hell can you not be hungry when you have won zero championships and you are in a contending team? Baffling stuff.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    That PG quote tells me all I need to know. This team is done. You have to be hungry to win a championship, and we aren't.

Expect big changes in the offseason.

Yeah....how can you not be hungry when you've never sniffed a Championship? I think the early hype this team got really hurt this team bad. They already had it in their heads that they had "arrived" somehow and now when things get tough they start looking for external excuses instead of looking in the mirror.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Those post-game comments are definitely concerning. At least they aren't using the "we'll be fine" or "this happens every year" excuses anymore. It's going to be hard getting myself to watch the game tomorrow...

I'm not even sure we can beat the Hawks in the first round to be honest, let alone the Knicks, considering how much we struggle in ATL. If we're playing like this we'll struggle with just about anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    Those post-game comments are definitely concerning. At least they aren't using the "we'll be fine" or "this happens every year" excuses anymore. It's going to be hard getting myself to watch the game tomorrow...

I'm not even sure we can beat the Hawks in the first round to be honest, let alone the Knicks, considering how much we struggle in ATL. If we're playing like this we'll struggle with just about anyone.

You change your mind now that they can just flip a switch come playoff time?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah....how can you not be hungry when you've never sniffed a Championship? I think the early hype this team got really hurt this team bad. They already had it in their heads that they had "arrived" somehow and now when things get tough they start looking for external excuses instead of looking in the mirror.
    yea that's why I dislike in season **** like the team on a mission documentary. what has this team really done to deserve that kind of recognition. every year a team starts out hot it seems.. just like knicks last year.

bulls/ heat fans are all right in that regard, we aint done squat cept take the heat to 7 games.

honestly, ever since the team on mission aired I think it was mid jan this team has stunk up the joint. we got some wins vs beatable teams and the Portland game we won covered up a lot of issues this team was sweeping under the rug as best they could. but our offense or lack there of has now been full blown exposed for how bad it truly is.

bottom line, this SA game is going to critical to this teams psyche. we lay an egg and it will feel like what losing to mia would have been.

If I were Vogel, I'd make everyone watch the aftermath of the Pacers/Heat Game 7 last year, as well as Miami celebrating their championship last year. If that doesn't **** them off and get them motivated, nothing will.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's gut check time for this team. Sink or swim, as your season is on the brink.

In tough times, you lean on your best players.

Paul. Your a supposed superstar. Time to take over.
    David. You're the unquestioned leader of the team. Time to rally the troops.
    Roy. You're a MAX contract player. Start playing like one, no more 6 pts. and 5 rebound games.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I was hoping they would be able to and still do hope so, I don't think I said that they will flip a switch for sure. After these last two losses it's really hard to see it happening...

I think the biggest problem might be that PG has lost that fight he had earlier in the year.

He's had so much off court drama going on that he's just not focused on basketball anymore.

The team started faltering when PG's off court drama started.

Like it or not he's the leader of this team. And when the leader loses focus the whole team loses focus. It's not just on court thing either... Being a leader extends to the locker room and elsewhere. He just has too much on his plate to help keep this group together.

He's lost that fire and passion and so has this team. They've got 2 weeks to fix it.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

at one time weren't you on the fire larry bandwagon??

for all those critical of bird on the danny trade... I don't think Legend had the foresight to know Grangers knee would degenerate so quickly,, otherwise this team may have hoisted a Trophy last season.

say what you will about the Turner deal, it sets this team up nicely for this upcoming offseason.. I also think Allen may stick around next year.

ive read multiple reports danny quit doing his rehab on a consistent basis. if that is accurate granger likely was going to have little impact on this teams chances of a BANNER.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    A month or so ago when people were first sounding alarm, I was like a confident Titanic passenger after the iceberg collision who arrogantly balked at the notiono that something was wrong. But now the decks have tilted quite a bit, half of the boat is underwater, and there are only a couple of lifeboats left. This team dying quickly of hypothermia in the playoffs is beginning to become a tragic possibility.
    I was just like you.....the rich old dude that thought the Titanic was unsinkable. I owe all of those that recognized this an apology.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Worse, I am deathly afraid that if the Knicks make the first round that the momentum and our death spiral might put us out in the first round. I'm not even joking.

I do not think would could beat the Knicks in a 7 game series right now. We are that bad.

Knicks are more disfunctional than we are. Look at some of their scores on the west coast. The Lakers scored like 150 pst on them

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    No we were playing bad ball but were getting lucky and winning games. But trends were there that showed something was amiss
    Once again I will disagree. We weren't playing bad, we just weren't playing great. This is playing bad. This March is bad. Every single one of us would really wish for this team to be playing like they were in February right now. It would be good enough to get us that #1 seed.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014