Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 3/28/2014 Game Thread #73: Pacers Vs. Wizards

Default Re: 3/28/2014 Game Thread #73: Pacers Vs. Wizards

Is it Vogel or the players ? It seems like its Vogel and his system because we've had and do have some pretty good talent sometimes I wonder what this team would look like with a different coach and that's not a knock on Vogel just wondering if he's reached his ceiling here

I see a lot of posters are still on the first stage of the Kubler-Ross model. I keep vacillating between anger and bargaining, and depression is surely just around the corner. Looking ahead, though, I don't know if I can ever live to accept this collapse if the Heat, or, God forbid, the Bulls or Nets, win the championship this year.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 03-28-2014 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Missed a comma

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see a lot of posters are still on the first stage of the Kubler-Ross model. I keep vacillating between anger and bargaining, and depression is surely just around the corner. Looking ahead, though, I don't know if I can ever live to accept this collapse if the Heat, or God forbid, the Bulls or Nets, win the championship this year.
    I really miss your funny and sarcastic posts
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers can't shoot this poorly and expect to beat anyone, let alone a solid enough team like Washington. You knew this would be a tough game coming in, but I didn't expect our shooting to be so atrocious. I was hoping the Miami win may jumpstart us for this last stretch, but that now appears like it will not be the case.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can we just post up Lance PG West or Roy every play. I feel like as simple as this suggestion is it would be much more productive than the current offense where this team settles for contested jumpshots. We already post Roy and West whenever our guards can complete a post entry pass. For some reason DWEST has not been getting his buckets in the paint,, most his production recently has been off pull ups from around the free throw line.

With Paul and Lance both having inconsistencies on offense why not just post these guys up every chance we get. Lance should have an advantage and Paul needs to work on his low post game and improve in this area as well.

Listen, this team cannot hit the broadside of a barn most nites, shooting less than 40% for what seems like the last 2 months or longer. Seriously,,, can our offense get any worse?????

Coach Vogel needs to simplify this offense to its most basic level and get the easiest shots we can find. As basic as this approach sounds we got 4 players who should be able to post up on any offensive play.

As good as the Pacers are this offense quite honestly is one of the worst ive ever seen as a pacer fan. The 2003-04 team I know was relentless on defense as well and I did not remember them ever looking this bad. Not even during some of the Pistons Pacers series that were in the 70's. We at least got good looks.

Vogel speaks of the %'s often... whatever slop this team can come up with in the offense most of the time, I would take a simple post up from PG, Lance, DWEST, or Roy any given possession.

This has become an Jekyll and Hyde team, great at home and absolutely terrible on the road. I do not understand it. This team over the past 2 season has actually been pretty decent on the road, if not down right dangerous. I'm not sure why they have regressed so much. At this point the number #1 seed is a must for this team to even sniff the ECF.

To those of you that say this team will be different come playoff time. They have not shown anything over the last 2 months that indicates they can sustain positive and productive play for several games at a time. This team is looking like they will get blown out every road game in the playoffs. This idea that there is an extra gear is just false, if they had an extra gear we would be seeing it because Miami is still breathing down our necks. This team can't hit 80 points on a nightly basis anymore. We have seen an actual de-evolution of the offense from the beginning of the season. While ever other team that is making the playoffs is actually quite competent on Offense, they have developed it through out the year. Well beside Chicago, but atleast in their case, they actually run good plays and get open shots, they just terrible at shooting. This Pacer team can't even run a set of plays to establish rhythm. Tonight we seen PG hoist up shot after shot in the lane that had no chance of going in.

Playoffs are about adjustments and this team looks like a one trick pony on offense. Will be very easy for opponents to completely wreck our offense every game.

Honest we should not be surprised, After all, PG totally admitted that they don't even run through all their options in practice. Only the 1st 2 options on a play. So when a competent team (ie- over .500) takes away the 1st 2 options this team has no clue how to cycle through the rest of the offense. Vogel is a terrible offensive coach. He expects this team should be able to score with in 2 offensive sets. IF they can't just go ISO and run back on defense.....OR cry at the official under the basket.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

If you look at why teams struggle on the road.

first reason is the team just isn't very good. That is not the problem

second, poor defensive teams struggle on the road. Not a problem here

so what is it? One thing generally the pacers have been getting blown out on the road, not like they are losing at the buzzer. So what us going on. I think it is directly tied to the chemistry falling apart. On the road a team must also be together as a unit otherwise when things start to go bad in a game there is not the home crowd to keep them up, so they fall apart a little adversity makes this team fall apart. Also lost a lot of confidence

that is theory at least. Can't quite articulate it well, but it has to go back to the teams chemistry falling apart.

i fear the Heat victory just temporarily covered up the problems with this team
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-29-2014 at 04:04 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Does anyone know what the Pacers' team FG% is for the month of March? I'm afraid to look.

Mood

it's interesting how hard it seems to be for the Pacers to put together 2 straight good game right now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lance George View Post
    Does anyone know what the Pacers' team FG% is for the month of March? I'm afraid to look.
    That would be.434 for team. PG at .380. George Hill at .390. Wow.

In March:

Lebron-.541

Durant-.496
    Last edited by presto123; 03-28-2014 at 10:34 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

The more our wings shoot the less we score as a team.
    The more we feed the paint the more we score as a team.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This has become an Jekyll and Hyde team, great at home and absolutely terrible on the road.
    The Pacers have not been great at home, just terrible all the way around with a random good game here and there.

It's disgusting to see how guys like Hibbert & Hill need to be motivated to get into games. You're being paid millions of dollars and starting on a playoff-bound team. You shouldn't need motivation to get into games. You should be into games from the onset. That's your job. In Hibbert's case, that's what you are receiving a max contract to do.

Effort is so selective these days, it's sickening. I'm sorry, but teams don't just flip a switch overnight. It takes a few games, a nice stretch of picking up momentum. This has been a sputtering engine for quite some time now. This doesn't just magically change in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    The #1 seed is on the line only if Miami wants to take it away. Do they want that?
    Right now, I'm not even certain if it matters whether or not Miami wants to win the #1, or even cares whether they win it. All on our own, we couldn't be trying any harder to gift the #1 seed to them. We appear to be undisciplined and mentally soft.

I trust Bird and Vogel a lot. But they've got their work cut out for them if they have any hopes of instilling any inspiration into the hearts of our players. And even if they did, that wouldn't indicate any buy-in from the players regarding chemistry.

I agree that players don't have to be best buds or even on the best of terms to win ball games. But even if their chemistry has diminished, it sure would be great if they could fake good chemistry for about 48 minutes at a time, for every couple of days or so. Is it asking all that much that they fully support each other for only 48 minutes in a 24-hour period. We are really doing everything we can do to whiz away a golden opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    It's disgusting to see how guys like Hibbert & Hill need to be motivated to get into games. You're being paid millions of dollars and starting on a playoff-bound team. You shouldn't need motivation to get into games. You should be into games from the onset. That's your job. In Hibbert's case, that's what you are receiving a max contract to do.

Effort is so selective these days, it's sickening. I'm sorry, but teams don't just flip a switch overnight. It takes a few games, a nice stretch of picking up momentum. This has been a sputtering engine for quite some time now. This doesn't just magically change in the playoffs.
    Yeah but Hill came out an made 2 free throws in an empty arena after the Miami games so, uhh...
    ...never mind

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    Is it Vogel or the players ? It seems like its Vogel and his system because we've had and do have some pretty good talent sometimes I wonder what this team would look like with a different coach and that's not a knock on Vogel just wondering if he's reached his ceiling here

Didn't play Copeland enough. Also Scola had 10 first half points, played 2 minutes in the 2nd half. WTF?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This. It really is that simple. I think that our players know that as well but they just don't do it regularly for whatever reason.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure it had much to do with our inside, outside philosophy tonight. Our guys couldn't hit anything. As Barkley once said, "We couldn't throw a beachball into the ocean."

I do agree though that guys need to start bringing it consistently. Hibbert is a max contract player and has to bring it every night, and Hill is too good of a player to be reduced to a spot-up shooter. As for George and Lance, stop chucking if you aren't hitting them...look to impact the game in other ways.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    I'm not sure it had much to do with our inside, outside philosophy tonight. Our guys couldn't hit anything. As Barkley once said, "We couldn't throw a beachball into the ocean."
    I'm not sure. The only time that we managed to make a run was when we got the ball inside. I believe that if we made it a case to get the ball inside earlier in the game (we only did it in the 4th) then our shooting would be better throughout the game.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    others have briefly mentioned as well. Vogel should run lance more through the post alas a wade used to do. let our bigs crash the boards. those are better % shots than the slop were getting currently.

chemistry issues sounds like immaturity issues.

per a blog on pacers.com
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/steph...ut-his-actions

the video of coach Vogel asked if he hopes Lance turns the corner with this it was an emphatic Yes. add that to Lance standing what seems like off the bench more these days.

quote from dwest from link above
    Hes just got to mature, said the leader of this team, David West. Hes got to put his big-boy pants on."

wouldn't be surprised out all we lit a fire under the referee nutthuggers mia.

this seasons all about a BANNER and may be the best opportunity a lot of these guys may ever have. contracts and all that can be taken care of in the offseason. Hope Vogel reminds the team of this once the postseason arrives. #1 or #2 seed I believe Pacers can do some serious damage come this postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I'm not sure. The only time that we managed to make a run was when we got the ball inside. I believe that if we made it a case to get the ball inside earlier in the game (we only did it in the 4th) then our shooting would be better throughout the game.
    I agree to an extent, but our perimeter guys still have to hit perimeter shots to keep opposing defenses honest inside.

Stephenson 3-13
    George 6-22

and a combined 1-10 from 3 pt arc

That's mostly what you needed to know from tonight. Important thing for both George and Lance is when they're not hitting, is to look at doing other things to positively impact the game and stop chucking.

I agree to an extent, but our perimeter guys still have to hit perimeter shots to keep opposing defenses honest inside.

Stephenson 3-13
    George 6-22

That's mostly what you needed to know from tonight. Important thing for both George and Lance is when they're not hitting, is to look at doing other things to positively impact the game and stop chucking.

Well it was weird seeing West get into early foul trouble guarding a guy in Harrington who hasn't been relevant since like 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I see a lot of posters are still on the first stage of the Kubler-Ross model. I keep vacillating between anger and bargaining, and depression is surely just around the corner. Looking ahead, though, I don't know if I can ever live to accept this collapse if the Heat, or, God forbid, the Bulls or Nets, win the championship this year.
    i am already at last stage, acceptance. at this point i don't expect anything from this team. any kind of success will be a surprise for me. i hope spurs win it all. if heat does i don't know. don't even wanna think about it.

Stephenson 3-13
    George 6-22

Lance actually does typically look to impact the game in other areas if he's not hitting (still leads the team in fg%), whereas Paul... well he just whines louder.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Moving the defense and getting/taking good shots after running an offensive play is the best way to hit shots. Sure, there are times when the shots just don't fall, but forcing bad shots is not the way to come out of a shooting slump. You have to shoot to start making shots, but you don't have to force shots. Lance, Paul and now Turner are more than happy to force their shots.
    Who is in charge of the offensive sets? Does Vogel call every play during games and practice? Do we practice every day to take stupid shots and hope to change during games? This ball club is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get!