Thread: Let's think of this

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Let's think of this

Everyone was saying coming into the game last night, that the two biggest reasons the Pacers were struggling was PG and Roy. And that those two needed to be "stars" for us to win. Well, PG had 23 points, 8 boards, 4 AST, and he played overall solid defense (most of Lebron's points were cheap FTs and tough shots) and Roy had 21 points and some huge defensive plays. Those two were stars all night and they were the reasons we won.
    "We want Miami"

Default Re: Let's think of this

Seems like a perfect post for the Post-Game Thread.
    @qandrews9428

Mood

As much as people complain about the bench, in the playoffs it comes down to how your best players perform. Given this was a playoff type rotation and game from both teams last night this doesn't surprise me that we won because our main guys performance.

Yep, but we need more from our bench. Evan's play is a result of no CJ on the floor. But he still came up big last night. But please get Scola and Ian out of there. I wanna see more LaVoy and Copeland. Also it'll be interesting in Bynum can play again this season. Which I think he will. Our bench could be....

LaVoy
    Copeland
    Bynum
    Turner
    Watson

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, but we need more from our bench. Evan's play is a result of no CJ on the floor. But he still came up big last night. But please get Scola and Ian out of there. I wanna see more LaVoy and Copeland. Also it'll be interesting in Bynum can play again this season. Which I think he will. Our bench could be....

LaVoy
    Copeland
    Bynum
    Turner
    Watson
    What is the obsession with Cope? He got extended minutes for a few games, couldn't hit a shot and made Mike Dunleavy appear to have the first step of Allen Iverson in his prime. I don't understand how you could have watched us over the past few games and say you want more Cope.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    As much as people complain about the bench, in the playoffs it comes down to how your best players perform. Given this was a playoff type rotation and game from both teams last night this doesn't surprise me that we won because our main guys performance.
    Yes, the playoffs generally come down to how your best players perform, but very few teams make the Finals without having a couple of solid bench players who are difference makers. You'd be hard pressed to find another team in NBA history who got as far as the Pacers did last year with virtually nothing from the bench. It was a testament to the brilliance of our starters. Winning playoff games is a game of inches, and having those guys off the bench who can quickly drop 10 points is huge. Look at the Heat last year with Ray Allen coming up big, or Dallas a few years back with Terry and Stevenson.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    What is the obsession with Cope? He got extended minutes for a few games, couldn't hit a shot and made Mike Dunleavy appear to have the first step of Allen Iverson in his prime. I don't understand how you could have watched us over the past few games and say you want more Cope.

Dunleavy had a few big games against the Heat too. Cope isn't use to guarding different players because he doesn't play often enough. And Dunleavy only had what 13 points in that game? What about the game in Indy when he guarded him well? Also, Copeland can stretch the floor with his shooting, pulling Birdman or Bosh away from the basket. He's not in rythm because he doesn't play often enough. Cope is also a PF, so having him guard sf's is really Vogel's fault.