Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

  1. #1

    Default I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    All two games of it. Was it even two games? Basically all Portland game of it I guess. Now the officials arent making foul calls again and the NBA needs to reassess the flagrant foul rules and Eric Spoelstra doesnt know how to draw up offensive plays. Dwayne Wades leg hurts again all of a sudden. At least they didnt pull the whole array of excuses out after this one game..

    OH WAIT! They did.

    I love this rivalry, but the way the Heat act when it pertains to the Pacers, is kind of embarrassing. The way they talk. Especially Chris Bosh. They way he talks so glib about these games before they're played. The Bosh comment when he was asked if Oden was a Hibbert stopper. " Was he going crazy before ", Bosh said. Well actually, yes Chris. He's dominated you in the last 13 games of this rivalry.

    I want to respect these guys like i might have respect for the Patriots when it comes to Colts v Pats rivalry, but they make it really really hard.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,436
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    With Dwayne Wade on the Heat's roster it will be impossible to ever respect them.

  4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  5. #3
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,762

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    none of this stuff matters to me. I just want to win.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Member InYaFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Görmany
    Posts
    484

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Hey, I am a foreigner so I am allowed to tell you that this guys name is Dwyane not Dwayne

    I am just happy that we won and that Chris Bosh took 6 threes in the game, way to replace Ray Allen out there...talk the talk walk the walk.
    GO PACERS!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to InYaFace For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,688
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    none of this stuff matters to me. I just want to win.
    True, but when the Heat go whining after the game, it makes me nervous about officiating in the next game.

    Probably the biggest bunch of babies ever assembled as a face of the league. Bosh is a moron "punches and clotheslines." Are you ****ing kidding me?

    LeBron is whining about a flagrant that knocked a 7 footer out with an elbow to the jaw. Pathetic, what do you expect to get? Free throws after elbowing someone?

    I really despise the Heat, I can't wait for LeBron to leave them for dead this off-season, and I can't wait for LeBron to retire so we can have a superstar face of the league who doesn't go cry about officiating after a loss.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,553

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, but when the Heat go whining after the game, it makes me nervous about officiating in the next game.

    Probably the biggest bunch of babies ever assembled as a face of the league. Bosh is a moron "punches and clotheslines." Are you ****ing kidding me?

    LeBron is whining about a flagrant that knocked a 7 footer out with an elbow to the jaw. Pathetic, what do you expect to get? Free throws after elbowing someone?

    I really despise the Heat, I can't wait for LeBron to leave them for dead this off-season, and I can't wait for LeBron to retire so we can have a superstar face of the league who doesn't go cry about officiating after a loss.

    I hope you can ​wait, because he isn't going anywhere.

  12. #7
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True, but when the Heat go whining after the game, it makes me nervous about officiating in the next game.

    Probably the biggest bunch of babies ever assembled as a face of the league. Bosh is a moron "punches and clotheslines." Are you ****ing kidding me?

    LeBron is whining about a flagrant that knocked a 7 footer out with an elbow to the jaw. Pathetic, what do you expect to get? Free throws after elbowing someone?

    I really despise the Heat, I can't wait for LeBron to leave them for dead this off-season, and I can't wait for LeBron to retire so we can have a superstar face of the league who doesn't go cry about officiating after a loss.
    You say you agree with Uncle Buck, then proceed to post exactly what he disagrees with.
    @qandrews9428

  13. #8
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,607

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    I despised those 2000's Pistons teams, but I could at least respect their persona. They had a bad boy tough attitude that was pretty authentic for the most part. They were old school. Easily hateable - one of my most disliked sports teams ever - but I could at least grudgingly respect them.

    I can respect Lebron's out of this world historic talent, but my respect for the Heat mostly ends there. Everything about the Heat is so contrived. I've never seen a sports team act as entitled as these guys. They constantly whine on the court, flop, have annoying mannerisms, feel that every opponent should bow before their greatness, and have super douchey pre/post game comments. They've been acting like this long before they won a championship. This behavior started the moment they all signed and had that extravagant party at the AAA.

    This is why I love Lance. The Heat hate Lance because he refuses to lick their sack. In fact, he does quite the opposite. He is completely disrespectful to them and taunts them. It's hilarious, and it certainly elevates his play. This is what an old school rivalry should be like. Wade looks generally befuddled that a player like Lance has the audacity to challenge him.

    We're going to have our work cut out for us to actually beat them four times in a series though. The stuff between Wade and Lance last night shows that the refs have a pathetic bias towards a player like Wade. These guys will definitely have run ins in the playoffs, but the deck is severely stacked against Lance because the refs will get on their knees and lick Wade's sack. He summoned the refs to call that T on Lance, and they responded like an obedient dog obeying his master. And this was in Indy, mind you. It will get much worse when we get back down to South Beach. The NBA wants the Heat to win a third straight ring so that the Heat join the Bulls, Lakers, and other teams who have 3-peated. They want to keep the Lebron-Jordan comparisons in full swing.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-27-2014 at 10:57 AM.

  14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  15. #9
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,688
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You say you agree with Uncle Buck, then proceed to post exactly what he disagrees with.
    I agree that I want them to win, and I don't want the PLAYERS thinking about this stuff, I want them to keep their mind on winning and nothing else.

    I just hate the Heat, on the other hand, and their whining concerns me. A normal person will call their ********, but NBA refs can't
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  16. #10
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,052
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    So thing for me is once you start treating it like another game that is when we will conquer the idea of the Heat, meaning too much of the focus seems to be aimed at beating the heat, not towards playing good team basketball day in and day out. Beating the heat is cool, but our goal should be focused on a championship and beating whoever stands in the way.
    Why so SERIOUS

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,052
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Also will say there were a lot of weird calls in this game and a lot that didn't get called, seemed like the refs were letting them be physical on both sides.

    My only big gripe with the officiating was if you are going to let people play physical and you know the game is intense then there is no need to call that Tech on Lance.
    Why so SERIOUS

  19. #12

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I despised those 2000's Pistons teams, but I could at least respect their persona. They had a bad boy tough attitude that was pretty authentic for the most part. They were old school. Easily hateable - one of my most disliked sports teams ever - but I could at least grudgingly respect them.

    I can respect Lebron's out of this world historic talent, but my respect for the Heat mostly ends there. Everything about the Heat is so contrived. I've never seen a sports team act as entitled as these guys. They constantly whine on the court, flop, have annoying mannerisms, feel that every opponent should bow before their greatness, and have super douchey pre/post game comments. They've been acting like this long before they won a championship. This behavior started the moment they all signed and had that extravagant party at the AAA.

    This is why I love Lance. The Heat hate Lance because he refuses to lick their sack. In fact, he does quite the opposite. He is completely disrespectful to them and taunts them. It's hilarious, and it certainly elevates his play. This is what an old school rivalry should be like. Wade looks generally befuddled that a player like Lance has the audacity to challenge him.

    We're going to have our work cut out for us to actually beat them four times in a series though. The stuff between Wade and Lance last night shows that the refs have a pathetic bias towards a player like Wade. These guys will definitely have run ins in the playoffs, but the deck is severely stacked against Lance because the refs will get on their knees and lick Wade's sack. He summoned the refs to call that T on Lance, and they responded like an obedient dog obeying his master. And this was in Indy, mind you. It will get much worse when we get back down to South Beach. The NBA wants the Heat to win a third straight ring so that the Heat join the Bulls, Lakers, and other teams who have 3-peated. They want to keep the Lebron-Jordan comparisons in full swing.

    This is one of my favorite posts of all time here. Basically.... that.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  21. #13

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So thing for me is once you start treating it like another game that is when we will conquer the idea of the Heat, meaning too much of the focus seems to be aimed at beating the heat, not towards playing good team basketball day in and day out. Beating the heat is cool, but our goal should be focused on a championship and beating whoever stands in the way.
    Is that you Frank?

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:


  23. #14
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,556
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    They only said no MORE excuses. They didn't say they would make less

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  25. #15

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    I have never seen a more entitled team than The Miami Heat. It's pathetic.

    And I'll say it again..Kobe Bryant was suspended for 2 games after he hit Miller with an elbow. Where's Lebron's suspension? And where are his fines for flopping?

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  27. #16
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Not sure if this makes sense to post (especially since I didn't see the game), but from what I saw and heard from neutral parties, it was a poorly reffed game with calls/no-calls that helped/hurt both teams. If anything, there may have been slightly more complaining from the Pacers players. Not saying anyone is wrong with any characterizations, but it's tough for me to get really fired up about both sides complaining about the refs and the NBA.

  28. #17

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if this makes sense to post (especially since I didn't see the game), but from what I saw and heard from neutral parties, it was a poorly reffed game with calls/no-calls that helped/hurt both teams. If anything, there may have been slightly more complaining from the Pacers players. Not saying anyone is wrong with any characterizations, but it's tough for me to get really fired up about both sides complaining about the refs and the NBA.
    Yeah. I think if you would have watched you would be shocked Miami is complaining about the refs. The refs kept Miami in it multiple times. They did have one call go wrong vs them when Wade did not step out but got called out of bounds. Other than that we were up around 7 and all the sudden they were calling touch fouls and LeBron spent the last 3 mins of the first half on the line.

    Then we went up 6, and Lance got fired up and the ref threw him out of the game and gave Miami momentum back.

    Refs were having none of a 10-15 point Pacer win. And then the Heat players still find something to complain about.
    Last edited by brownjake43; 03-27-2014 at 07:08 PM.

  29. #18
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,233

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    The Heat are afraid of the Pacers. And they should be.

    The Pacers were built to beat Miami.

  30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  31. #19
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also will say there were a lot of weird calls in this game and a lot that didn't get called, seemed like the refs were letting them be physical on both sides.

    My only big gripe with the officiating was if you are going to let people play physical and you know the game is intense then there is no need to call that Tech on Lance.
    My man, was on NBA Sirus all day and EVERY host was saying that NO WAY Lance should have been tossed and that was pathetic

    Seriously, every single host snapped off saying how that was beyond pathetic to eject Lance
    Sittin on top of the world!

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,171

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I despised those 2000's Pistons teams, but I could at least respect their persona. They had a bad boy tough attitude that was pretty authentic for the most part. They were old school. Easily hateable - one of my most disliked sports teams ever - but I could at least grudgingly respect them.

    I can respect Lebron's out of this world historic talent, but my respect for the Heat mostly ends there. Everything about the Heat is so contrived. I've never seen a sports team act as entitled as these guys. They constantly whine on the court, flop, have annoying mannerisms, feel that every opponent should bow before their greatness, and have super douchey pre/post game comments. They've been acting like this long before they won a championship. This behavior started the moment they all signed and had that extravagant party at the AAA.

    This is why I love Lance. The Heat hate Lance because he refuses to lick their sack. In fact, he does quite the opposite. He is completely disrespectful to them and taunts them. It's hilarious, and it certainly elevates his play. This is what an old school rivalry should be like. Wade looks generally befuddled that a player like Lance has the audacity to challenge him.

    We're going to have our work cut out for us to actually beat them four times in a series though. The stuff between Wade and Lance last night shows that the refs have a pathetic bias towards a player like Wade. These guys will definitely have run ins in the playoffs, but the deck is severely stacked against Lance because the refs will get on their knees and lick Wade's sack. He summoned the refs to call that T on Lance, and they responded like an obedient dog obeying his master. And this was in Indy, mind you. It will get much worse when we get back down to South Beach. The NBA wants the Heat to win a third straight ring so that the Heat join the Bulls, Lakers, and other teams who have 3-peated. They want to keep the Lebron-Jordan comparisons in full swing.
    Fits my feelings to a T, although the sack licking talk..while 100% accurate is rather gross. I have less respect for the Miami Heat than I've had for any other team in the history of the NBA that has won a championship and that includes Garnett & Pierce's Celtics team. But as you say, it's hard not to respect LeBron James' talent...and toughness. He is the real deal. DWade? He might as well legally rename himself to Douche Wade.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  35. #21
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,607

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fits my feelings to a T, although the sack licking talk..while 100% accurate is rather gross. I have less respect for the Miami Heat than I've had for any other team in the history of the NBA that has won a championship and that includes Garnett & Pierce's Celtics team. But as you say, it's hard not to respect LeBron James' talent...and toughness. He is the real deal. DWade? He might as well legally rename himself to Douche Wade.

    See I really liked those Big 3 Celtics teams (though I'm sure I would have grown to dislike them quickly if the Pacers ever faced them in the playoffs). They didn't have all of the douchey behavior. Sure KG had all of that insane intensity, but it always seemed pretty authentic. If Lance had been taunting Ticket or Truth, they sure as hell wouldn't have motioned for the ref to give him a T. No, a guy like Garnet would have got in his grill and talked some smack right back at him, then he would have tried to embarrass him on the court. Wade's little "tattle tale" act is unbecoming of a three time NBA Champion.

    There was nothing contrived about that those Celtics, and they didn't really seem to give a damn about what any opponent thought about them. The Heat OTOH think that everyone should kiss their ring, and it really seems to get under their skin when an opponent "disrespects" them like Lance.

    What's funny is that I liked Wade a lot back in the day when he was a young pup paired next to Diesel. I rooted hard for the Heat in the 05 and 06 ECF's against the Pistons because that's back when the Pistons were hated by Pacers fans. But once Wade teamed up with Lebron, he became a giant douche.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  37. #22
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if this makes sense to post (especially since I didn't see the game), but from what I saw and heard from neutral parties, it was a poorly reffed game with calls/no-calls that helped/hurt both teams. If anything, there may have been slightly more complaining from the Pacers players. Not saying anyone is wrong with any characterizations, but it's tough for me to get really fired up about both sides complaining about the refs and the NBA.
    Lebrons didn't really look intentional and he got the flagrant. Lebron flops but he also gets hit really hard and hosed because he's so strong. I love the Pacers, but Lebron really isn't one to engage in cheapshots, it isn't his personality, that's Wades territory.
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  38. #23
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,952
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See I really liked those Big 3 Celtics teams (though I'm sure I would have grown to dislike them quickly if the Pacers ever faced them in the playoffs). They didn't have all of the douchey behavior. Sure KG had all of that insane intensity, but it always seemed pretty authentic. If Lance had been taunting Ticket or Truth, they sure as hell wouldn't have motioned for the ref to give him a T. No, a guy like Garnet would have got in his grill and talked some smack right back at him, then he would have tried to embarrass him on the court. Wade's little "tattle tale" act is unbecoming of a three time NBA Champion.

    There was nothing contrived about that those Celtics, and they didn't really seem to give a damn about what any opponent thought about them. The Heat OTOH think that everyone should kiss their ring, and it really seems to get under their skin when an opponent "disrespects" them like Lance.

    What's funny is that I liked Wade a lot back in the day when he was a young pup paired next to Diesel. I rooted hard for the Heat in the 05 and 06 ECF's against the Pistons because that's back when the Pistons were hated by Pacers fans. But once Wade teamed up with Lebron, he became a giant douche.
    KG is famous for picking on small guys and backing the **** off when anyone remotely threatening takes exception. Pierce is also famous for whining. Pretty much all big stars do it, reggie barked at officials all the time and flopped too, O'Neal did it. Lance and Paul do it
    Goodbye Captain, My Captain. I wish you had the chance to sink or swim with your ship on its quest for the "ship".

  39. #24
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,957

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    LeBron and Bosh's whining on Sportscenter was priceless. Chris Bosh, "They're out there punching us in the face and clotheslining us. Not basketball plays." Really? I don't seem to remember you complaining about basketball plays when Dexter Pittman went for Lance's juggular or Haslem went for Hansbrough's face? Call it both ways. This is an intense series, and both of these teams don't like each other...there are going to be hard fouls.

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  41. #25
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,171

    Default Re: I really enjoyed the Miami Heat- No More Excuses era while it lasted

    Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebrons didn't really look intentional and he got the flagrant.
    Initially this is what I thought. But Lebron has world class body control and ran that elbow right into Hibbert's chin. He was initiating contact and led with his elbows...but more than that he swung them. Previously, he led with his elbows but went over Hibbert. He was attempting to deliver a blow either from the beginning or when he found he wasn't going to get over Roy that time. It was a cheap shot, not a basketball play.

  42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •