Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Pacers / Heat Post Game Thread - 3/26

Default Re: Pacers / Heat Post Game Thread - 3/26

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can anybody clarify who it was that got punched in the face? Bosh seems to be pushing that line pretty hard. I don't remember the play.

Who got punched in the face?

No one.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I have never witnessed a team expect superstar calls at every turn like the Heat do and then whine about it after the game.
    They obviously missed the 2nd quarter where they called EVERYTHING to get LBJ free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Powww View Post
    Dont want to be negative after a win like this BUT....George Hill should NEVER, not for a damn second see the court if we are in a situation where we have a lead and a team will foul us to shoot free throws.

I turned to a friend of mines who never watches basketball when Hill got fouled and said, he is going to choke he always does. And he bricked both of them, its getting to be a joke. I would have rather Ian got fouled at this point.

Vogel has to see this by now, this always happens
    I certainly haven't been able to watch all of the games, but I remember seeing a number of them over the last couple of seasons where he iced games with clutch free throws at the end. Personally, I'd rather see him shoot than Lance.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Can anybody clarify who it was that got punched in the face? Bosh seems to be pushing that line pretty hard. I don't remember the play.

Hibbert.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Man, I bet the Heat players feel like whiny little girls after they see the replays from the game. No one got punched. No one got "clotheslined" (my god Bosh that was a dumb comment). Look at the photo on the front page of the Indy Star. Lebron purposely stuck out that elbow. He might not have tried to hit Roy's face but he sure as hell was trying to clear space and he didn't care where that elbow landed.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Previous 12 were solid. Getting the double T tonight was garbage too. Should have been a sole T on Wade.
    Yep, Lance is actually pretty smart about not engaging in those types of situations. If anything I could see Wade losing his mind int he playoffs and finally forcing the NBA to punish him. Wade has this look on his face sometimes like he is seriously unbalanced. I don't know if it's the eye brow or what but he looks a little crazy.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I love that we are so far in these dude's heads that they are literally making up things to whine about...punched in the face? Clotheslined? Really dude? Listen to yourself and Bosh is usually pretty even keel too. We are getting to everyone in that locker room. I love it.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yep, Lance is actually pretty smart about not engaging in those types of situations. If anything I could see Wade losing his mind int he playoffs and finally forcing the NBA to punish him. Wade has this look on his face sometimes like he is seriously unbalanced. I don't know if it's the eye brow or what but he looks a little crazy.
    Remember the composure Lance showed when Wade took him out with his wing last year? Of course, Lance was probably seeing stars like they do in the cartoons after he took that hit and likely couldn't have immediately retaliated even if he wanted to, but still. I'm glad Lance didn't overreact here.

If Lavoy Allen isn't going to be a vital cog of our rotation, then we need to have him review tape of all of the old school dirty 80's and 90's playoff fouls. When the playoffs roll around, Lavoy needs to be put into the game so that he can lay a wicked shot or two to Lebron and Wade. This is one of the main reasons why I hope Bynum can be healthy in the playoffs. Not only is Bynum an absolute G on the court, but he has 6 fouls and makes Mahinmi more expendable. If Mahinmi was expendable, then it would mean that we could also send him in there with the sole purpose of putting Lebron and Wade on their a**. They enjoy whining, so I hope that we give them stuff to whine about in the playoffs.

Remember the composure Lance showed when Wade took him out with his wing last year? Of course, Lance was probably seeing stars like they do in the cartoons after he took that hit and likely couldn't have immediately retaliated even if he wanted to, but still. I'm glad Lance didn't overreact here.

If Lavoy Allen isn't going to be a vital cog of our rotation, then we need to have him review tape of all of the old school dirty 80's and 90's playoff fouls. When the playoffs roll around, Lavoy needs to be put into the game so that he can lay a wicked shot or two to Lebron and Wade. This is one of the main reasons why I hope Bynum can be healthy in the playoffs. Not only is Bynum an absolute G on the court, but he has 6 fouls and makes Mahinmi more expendable. If Mahinmi was expendable, then it would mean that we could also send him in there with the sole purpose of putting Lebron and Wade on their a**. They enjoy whining, so I hope that we give them stuff to whine about in the playoffs.
    Didn't you see him jumping though?!?!?! How's he supposed to control his arms when he's jumping!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

I had forgotten about that play entirely. Wade really is such a joy, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    I think being concerned about some of Lance's antics is warranted, but I HATE the comparisons to Artest.
    I don't. They aren't identical players, but they are both guys that opposing teams really hate to play against. Even if Lance isn't playing well, he can get under their skin and cause them to lose focus. There are only a few players in league history who are better players when they are focused on one specific player, and Wade is not one of them.

At this point, I wouldn't mind if we used Lavoy or someone else to "Dexter Pittman" Wade one game. Now, I don't advocating injuring him other than him being a bit sore the next day, but he has it coming to him. In fact, I think it would have been hilarious if we had just signed Pittman for the minimum, not necessarily done anything with him, just send a message that we're not going to put up with Miami nonsense.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Smooth View Post
    I don't. They aren't identical players, but they are both guys that opposing teams really hate to play against. Even if Lance isn't playing well, he can get under their skin and cause them to lose focus. There are only a few players in league history who are better players when they are focused on one specific player, and Wade is not one of them.

Lance is nothing like Artest. Artest is a loose cannon. Lance gets emotional about the game but Artest is just not there sometimes. Kinda of scary.

I think he is talking mostly about Luis's foul on James. Luis is smooth. He went through James's face and ended up fouling his arm on a layup. Most of the foul was on the arm reaching for the ball, but he did contact James's face while doing it. At full speed, it clearly looked like a flagrant. But on replay, it looked like incidental contact to the face while grabbing the arm. I am still surprised it wasn't called a flagrant.

IIRC, there was an early 'verticality' block by Roy where he smacked James in the face. It was not called a foul and shouldn't have been. But James did get hit in the nose. Since that nose is either still broken or partially healed, it probably hurt way beyond the degree of contact.

When you have a broken nose and play without a mask, you get 'accidentally' hit in the nose a lot. That is why he needs to wear a mask, even it he doesn't like it. I get why he is upset, but it is his own fault, IMO. The NBA is a grown man's league, to borrow a Mark Jacksonism, and teams will take every advantage. If DWest was playing with a broken nose, it would get 'accidentally' hit also.

A classic case of being able to dish it out, but not take it.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    I think he is talking mostly about Luis's foul on James. Luis is smooth. He went through James's face and ended up fouling his arm on a layup. Most of the foul was on the arm reaching for the ball, but he did contact James's face while doing it. At full speed, it clearly looked like a flagrant. But on replay, it looked like incidental contact to the face while grabbing the arm. I am still surprised it wasn't called a flagrant.

IIRC, there was an early 'verticality' block by Roy where he smacked James in the face. It was not called a foul and shouldn't have been. But James did get hit in the nose. Since that nose is either still broken or partially healed, it probably hurt way beyond the degree of contact.

When you have a broken nose and play without a mask, you get 'accidentally' hit in the nose a lot. That is why he needs to wear a mask, even it he doesn't like it. I get why he is upset, but it is his own fault, IMO. The NBA is a grown man's league, to borrow a Mark Jacksonism, and teams will take every advantage. If DWest was playing with a broken nose, it would get 'accidentally' hit also.

A classic case of being able to dish it out, but not take it.

Luis got shoulder mostly. Brushed the nose. I think all this talk is Miami setting up for the next game in South Beach. Hibbert will most undoubtedly foul out of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Luis got shoulder mostly. Brushed the nose. I think all this talk is Miami setting up for the next game in South Beach. Hibbert will most undoubtedly foul out of that one.
    JMO, but, like I said, Luis is smooth, he managed to foul James in the face and slid though to his arm to make it legal. I like Luis, I'm glad he's on the Pacers and I want him playing. But he brings that Euro, border line dirty, mentality to the game. It is something the Pacers need. Too many milk drinkers. But Luis is not one of them.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

ITYM "foul out in one." HTH. HAND.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I don't think that you were realistic when you said that you think that we're in for a serious dissapointment come playoff time. However, I appreciate the fact that you give credit to the team when they deserve it.
    Don't know how that's not realistic to a certain extent based on their recent play. I still think it's a possibility that they don't reach the ECF. Last night gives me hope, but I'm not ready to proclaim that they are back yet or anything. We'll see what these next string of games brings.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He would have had to be a kung fu master or something to have the dexterity to hit both LeBron's nose and his shoulder while jumping. That's just crazy.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pacers still showed they have what it takes to compete. It really seems like the refs did whatever they could do to kill the pacers momentum at times during that game, especially the end on the 2nd Q.

I think playing against lesser players in Paul George's case makes him lazy. He knew lebron was going to be a handful and took good shots, stayed engaged all game long.

IMO this team is playing lazy against lesser teams because it is relying on more talent because it has been able to keep it in games and win. Recently they have taken it to a lower level which has caused this recent skid. If they play like they did last night, they will blow out teams like they did early in the season. However it will wear guys out playing at that level for 82-games.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post: