Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Heat Post Game Thread - 3/26

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers / Heat Post Game Thread - 3/26

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll say this about the refs. After the 2nd quarter, where the Heat and LBJ made an absolute living at the line. I thought the second half, the crew made some adjustments and were a lot better. We saw an offensive forearm called on LeBron, a moving screen called on Bosh...calls that simply weren't made in the first half. I also don't know if any other officiating crew doesn't call either Mahinmi or Scola's foul on LeBron a flagrant. I don't think either were, but we've seen diva star treatment in the past. I'm also surprised they called that elbow to Hibbert a flagrant. Just my two cents though. Kudos to them for also letting Chalmers look like an abolute fool for his flopping attempts and stepping out of bounds. The Lance ejection sucked, but other than that, I was happy with the officiating in the second half.
    I will say the officials tried to make up for that 2nd quarter, so I can give them some credit for that. I didn't think those two fouls were flagrant and they did correct them, so I can't complain too much.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

Bosh on fouls: "I don't know what I did on No. 5. He ran square into my chest/ there's not much I can do."

Ironic.

Wade has made a career out of it.

Lebron just barrels through people. He'd be good even without doing it but yeah, it's his bread and butter as well.

Mood

I am so glad Spo doesn't understand how to run effective rotations...or draw up plays...or stand up for his players....

Quote Originally Posted by Lance George View Post
    Squeaking by the Heat on your homecourt isn't much to brag about these days.
    If the refs didn't screw us without dinner in the first half, we would have been up 15-20 at the half.

So... would the Heat have come back then?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:

Spoiler Spoiler:
    @qandrews9428

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post

You've got to be ****ing kidding me. LeBron should send out thank you notes for not getting ejected.

After both of those damn flops and elbowing Hibbert intentionally in the head, I bet there're still no flop warnings or suspensions for LeBron.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

That was an angry Heat locker room. Angry about the officials' treatment of LeBron. And angry about Stephenson's antics.
    Loooool

Lebron shoots 15 free throws and they're upset about the treatment of him? He shot more free throws than the rest of his team combined.

The refs screwed us 3/4 of the game and somehow Miami complains about officiating. Apparently it's only fair if Lebron shoots 20+ free throws. Guess I'm not surprised... that's what they needed for Wade to beat the Mavs in 06. Only way Miami knows how to win.

LeBron on Hibbert: "His face happened to hit my elbow." Says he'd have to be a Kung Fu master to direct elbow there mid-air.

In case you guys haven't seen this

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Does he need to be more careful when he already has one tech? Absolutely. However, god forbid someone show some fire and emotion on this team. God forbid someone not be afraid of the Miami Heat. You can say what you want about Lance, but that guy doesn't fear the Heat at all. It's that fearlessness and edge that helps this team. It helps us a lot in these situations.
    I think that having some "fire" that burns inside of you is a good thing.......but the problem is that you have to have the maturity and emotional stability to be able to channel that "fire" into taking you to the next level. That's why I tend to fall on the side of the fence where cdash thinks when it comes to Lance:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Yeah, and if someone would have said Ron Artest would charge into the stands at the Palace of Auburn Hills and start assaulting fans, it would have been baseless...until it happened.

This is my fear: Wade, Chalmers, or whoever are going back and forth with Lance all game during the playoffs. Emotions are high. They get into each others' faces and start bickering, someone on the Heat gives Lance an aggressive shove (say, Birdman). Then Lance does something like one of those open fisted face shoves or something which the pussy *** NBA will call a punch, and he will get suspended. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's a scenario I don't have a great deal of trouble envisioning. Artest scarred me for life with this ****.
    I totally agree with you on this. Right now....Lance is...and has always been the proverbial "X-factor" in any game the Pacers play. He has the ability to totally change the outcome of the game. He can completely change the offensive flow of the Pacers that makes the Team completely unpredictable and therefore dangerous. Unfortunately.......I can completely see the Heat...or anyone ( for that matter ) simply push the right buttons with Lance ( as you suggest ) and makes him do something that completely changes the momentum of the game in the favor of the other Team.

I know that many here don't think that Lance deserved that Technical Foul.....but I think that he did deserve it. He was all fired up....he unknowingly ( and unintentionally ) said "What" to Wade ( in his direction ).....and he gets the Technical Foul. It sucks and unfair....but he CLEARLY is a "Marked Man", Lance has to figure out how to deal with it. If it means that he has to have the maturity to not be "goaded" into doing something stupid....then he has to do it.. Lance, at his current stage of development, doesn't IMHO have the maturity to completely control his emotions and therefore channel it in the right way. I just hope that until then...we don't see him do something that costs the Pacers a game.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

and losing to the Pacers in a close game is NOTHING to brag about these days

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    LeBron on Hibbert: "His face happened to hit my elbow." Says he'd have to be a Kung Fu master to direct elbow there mid-air.

he's not wrong, that wasn't intentional. I'm still pretty shocked by the flagrant really.

LeBron on Hibbert: "His face happened to hit my elbow."
    Yeah, Roy should really work on not moving his face into other peoples' elbows.

Says he'd have to be a Kung Fu master to direct elbow there mid-air.
    No kidding. I've never been able to move my arms after jumping. It's impossible.

Of course LeBron's too big of a ***** to admit what he did. It was a cowardly move for a guy who plays like a coward. This reminds me of Artest saying he didn't intentionally elbow Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    he's not wrong, that wasn't intentional. I'm still pretty shocked by the flagrant really.
    I think it was intentional to a certain extent. Kind of funny that it happened right after James got smacked in the nose. I think he was frustrated at that moment.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

I can believe that he didn't intend to hit Hibbert how he did, however he was definitely using that elbow to clear space.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I think that LeDecision does have a tendency to put his head down, drive to the hoop at 100 mph, he does what he has to do to take the contact, we see his various body parts start flying ( cuz honestly, at that point .....it's hard not to control where your arms/elbows/legs are when you are trying to absorb the hit ) and we see what he did to Hibbert.

Does he deserve a Flagrant Foul 1? Yeah.

Did he do it on purpose? I doubt it.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Great win. Makes me think the Pacers actually CAN turn it up a notch when they really need to. Now use this as a springboard to start playing better ball. I'll give them credit when they deserve it. I'll be critical when they deserve it as well. Those of us that are realistic are no less Pacer fans than the sunshiners on this board. I'm cautiously optimistic that they can right this ship. Good start tonight!

Lebron definitely didn't do that on purpose...that's just not him. If it were Wade I would have my doubts, but I don't think there's any valid reasoning to accuse him of anything more than an inadvertent elbow. Didn't like the flagrant call honestly.
    On the Lance bandwagon

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Great win. Makes me think the Pacers actually CAN turn it up a notch when they really need to. Now use this as a springboard to start playing better ball. I'll give them credit when they deserve it. I'll be critical when they deserve it as well. Those of us that are realistic are no less Pacer fans than the sunshiners on this board. I'm cautiously optimistic that they can right this ship. Good start tonight!
    I am glad we won....but as I have said before.....rinse, repeat and do this for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-27-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

After reading the Heat were pissed at Stephenson I can promise you they will try to injure him. They are known for it.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'd agree with you if we played the Bucks.....but squeaking by an Elite Level Team that is more than capable of beating any Team on the Road is a good thing.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    After reading the Heat were pissed at Stephenson I can promise you they will try to injure him. They are known for it.
    Watching the post-game comments on SportsCenter.....Wade said that he doesn't play the games that Lance does. I do not doubt that he plays these "mind games". My guess it that they won't injure him....but try to p*ss him off into making a stupid mistake next time.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Watching the post-game comments on SportsCenter.....Wade said that he doesn't play the games that Lance does. I do not doubt that he plays these "mind games". My guess it that they won't injure him....but try to p*ss him off into making a stupid mistake next time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ2u9YZ4i10

Wade is a low life POS. If he were to tear his ACL, I would stand right in his face laughing my *** off while he cried. The dude is human trash.

I would never wish injury on anyone who didn't spend half the game trying to hurt other players. I can at least respect the way LeBron plays, I definitely did not think his elbow to Hibbert was intentional.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I don't think that you were realistic when you said that you think that we're in for a serious dissapointment come playoff time. However, I appreciate the fact that you give credit to the team when they deserve it.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Great win!
    Miami really wanted this one. They fought HARD and lost.
    I think that's pretty big.
    Officiating was pretty decent ...except that 2nd quarter comeback. It was starting to get rough but only THEY got the calls. it made a ten point difference.

I think you have to plan on beating Miami by eleven. They just ARE going to get the calls most nights.

I was very happy that we remembered that possessions count! The way We were working it inside early and driving it in late is EXactly how we should play. i am so tired of the lazy three ball.

I feel we are a slightly better team. I will feel that advantage increase significantly if we can get Bynum ready for 15 min per.

Loved that game!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    Lebron definitely didn't do that on purpose...that's just not him. If it were Wade I would have my doubts, but I don't think there's any valid reasoning to accuse him of anything more than an inadvertent elbow. Didn't like the flagrant call honestly.
    wasn't it last seasons playoffs where lebron tried to elbow granger and missed, but then the media would never show the replay because its lebron..