Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Heat Post Game Thread - 3/26

Default Re: Pacers / Heat Post Game Thread - 3/26

Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've got to be kidding me. Show of hands...who in this forum thinks that Lance learned a *******ed thing acting the fool and giving momentum back to the Heat?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

The dude is a first class *** clown who has decided it was more important he stroke his own little ego at every point in the the game than think about how his teammates gutted to get the game to that point.

I couldn't have been happier they finished it without him.

What is wrong with that dude? Other than every ref in league has it in for him to the tune of 14 techs. Can't be him, right? Why can't he just STFU and play?

I am amazed at the number of enablers on this board.
    Calm down.. And I actually enjoy what Lance does on the court.. He talks trash, should he tone it down some? Yes at times, but what's the big deal with being a trash talker?

This was obviously a great win, but some of you guys are way more convinced that we're "fixed" now that I am. Go smoke the Wiz on Friday and we'll see.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    damn, that's verified Ethan J Skolinick reporting this...
    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post

Yah, I had never heard of him either, but Candace was retweeting him so I passed it along.
    I've heard of him. He's a Miami beat writer for Turner Sports. Heat fans quote him a lot in their forums.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You've got to be kidding me. Show of hands...who in this forum thinks that Lance learned a *******ed thing acting the fool and giving momentum back to the Heat?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

The dude is a first class *** clown who has decided it was more important he stroke his own little ego at every point in the the game than think about how his teammates gutted to get the game to that point.

What is wrong with that dude? Other than every ref in league has it in for him to the tune of 14 techs. Can't be him, right? Why can't he just STFU and play?

I said I hope he learned his lesson. I know if you wish in one hand and **** in another... you know the saying.

I hope you all are watching Stu Scott and SVP on ESPN. They played all of Heat reaction in locker room and they basically laughed at them. They sided with the Pacers on all of it. LeBron did purposely elbow Roy. Anyone else would get fined or suspended for that. Scola is so clumsy that he missed LeBron's arm and "brushed" his nose. Mahinmi just lightly grabbed him and James fell to the ground like he'd been shot.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Does he need to be more careful when he already has one tech? Absolutely. However, god forbid someone show some fire and emotion on this team. God forbid someone not be afraid of the Miami Heat. You can say what you want about Lance, but that guy doesn't fear the Heat at all. It's that fearlessness and edge that helps this team. It helps us a lot in these situations.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I am gonna be nice, and not say anything derogatory towards your ignorant opinion.. just this once...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad it happened because it forced Vogel's hand.

Oh, and overall statistics may disagree with me, but I always expect George Hill to miss free throws when they really count. I have no faith in him at the line in crunch time. If Paul George can't catch the inbounds pass I'd literally rather see one of our bigs shoot the free throws.

Glad we got the W, let's go streaking!
    Hill actually does shoot poorly. Though it doesn't count last minute FTs, the clutch section of 82games shows that George Hill shoots well below his average. In 2012/13 he shot 68% from the line in close games during the last 5 minutes, and this year he's shooting only 73%.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12IND2.HTM
    http://www.82games.com/1314/13IND1.HTM

Other than free throw shooting, though, he's pretty clutch.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

I don't know...I've seen that look of just rage in Lance's eyes. I don't think he is an actual insane person like Artest is, but I do think the Heat could bait him into throwing a punch at one of them during the playoffs.
    Totally baseless. If he didn't respond to Dexter Pittman's flying elbow chop when he was the butt of everyone's jokes, he's not going to suddenly turn into a boxer now. He's been hit hard (cheap shots, even) by a number of teams the past 2 years and I've never seen him even come close to looking like he was going to throw a punch. The Heat may goad him into technical fouls, but that will be by trash talking and encouraging him to 1 up them in trash talk (like tonight).

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Does he need to be more careful when he already has one tech? Absolutely. However, god forbid someone show some fire and emotion on this team. God forbid someone not be afraid of the Miami Heat. You can say what you want about Lance, but that guy doesn't fear the Heat at all. It's that fearlessness and edge that helps this team. It helps us a lot in these situations.
    I'm fine with all of that, really, but I think the problem a lot of people have with Lance is that he hasn't learned to control the fire and emotion yet.

I don't know...I've seen that look of just rage in Lance's eyes. I don't think he is an actual insane person like Artest is, but I do think the Heat could bait him into throwing a punch at one of them during the playoffs.
    No way Lance punches anybody. He only beats people up at NYC pick up games. I can't even recall Lance ever giving anybody an unnecessary hard foul
    David "And One" West

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    I said I hope he learned his lesson. I know if you wish in one hand and **** in another... you know the saying.
    Just one man's opinion, but I have been done with this clown about 2 months into the season. With Lance, its all about Lance. We have seen this movie before. Tinsley, Artest, SJackson...the dude is a million dollar talent with a 2 cent head.

Pray he doesn't screw up a title run, take it if it comes but still get rid of him. He is a hand grenade. Fools gold.

As my momma used to say, it will only end in tears.

You must be a fairly recent fan. In a past series the Heat went after Lance. Sent in a goon to clothesline him. Lance took it like a champ. I haven't seen Lance ever go after anyone, other than sticking up for his teammates. He has a good history of anger control in games.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    Evan came up huge as well, take that haters.
    There are haters of Turner?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Lance's ejection worked in that it threw Turner into the fire, and he has to have gained a lot of confidence in both himself and from his teammates for his late game heroics. However, I'm still not exactly happy with the Lance ejection. Would we be singing the same tune had we lost? Absolutely not.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Can y'all chill out now? Or are Lance/Vogel/PG going to continue to earn Pacers Digest's lightening rod of hate?

Lance shouldn't have been ejected. Ridiculous.
    Did he have a Technical Foul earlier in the game before the "taunt"?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    There are haters of Turner?

But he made some great plays after Lance got tossed. And had some awful plays before that. Is what it is.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Something I noticed during the game, dunno if anyone else caught it ... but after George Hill missed those last free throws, he made a motion with his finger like he was shooting himself in the head , acknowledging that he *****ed up by missing both of those..... Just thought it was kinda cool heacknowledged he screwed up...

Then to hear that missing those FT's bothered him so much, that he he couldnt leave, without first shooting those 2 free throws out on the court.. and making them.....

Much ... much respect for GH ...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

We won the turnover battle 10-18.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    Totally baseless. If he didn't respond to Dexter Pittman's flying elbow chop when he was the butt of everyone's jokes, he's not going to suddenly turn into a boxer now. He's been hit hard (cheap shots, even) by a number of teams the past 2 years and I've never seen him even come close to looking like he was going to throw a punch. The Heat may goad him into technical fouls, but that will be by trash talking and encouraging him to 1 up them in trash talk (like tonight).
    Yeah, and if someone would have said Ron Artest would charge into the stands at the Palace of Auburn Hills and start assaulting fans, it would have been baseless...until it happened.

This is my fear: Wade, Chalmers, or whoever are going back and forth with Lance all game during the playoffs. Emotions are high. They get into each others' faces and start bickering, someone on the Heat gives Lance an aggressive shove (say, Birdman). Then Lance does something like one of those open fisted face shoves or something which the pussy *** NBA will call a punch, and he will get suspended. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's a scenario I don't have a great deal of trouble envisioning. Artest scarred me for life with this ****.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just one man's opinion, but I have been done with this clown about 2 months into the season. With Lance, its all about Lance. We have seen this movie before. Tinsley, Artest, SJackson...the dude is a million dollar talent with a 2 cent head.

Pray he doesn't screw up a title run, take it if it comes but still get rid of him. He is a hand grenade. Fools gold.

As my momma used to say, it will only end in tears.
    I don't think getting ejected on a questionable T qualifies him as being a "clown". I can also guarantee we don't win 50 + games without that "clown".

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    I am gonna be nice, and not say anything derogatory towards your ignorant opinion.. just this once...
    couldn't care less one way or the other.

No one ever won with a team full of milk drinkers, just remember that.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    You must be a fairly recent fan. In a past series the Heat went after Lance. Sent in a goon to clothesline him. Lance took it like a champ. I haven't seen Lance ever go after anyone, other than sticking up for his teammates. He has a good history of anger control in games.
    Yup, very recent. Just started watching tonight actually!

I know the Pittman play well. Lance handled himself well then. I'm just saying he's a loose cannon. If something like that is going to happen, Lance is going to be in the middle of it. Just my opinion, of course.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    No one ever won with a team full of milk drinkers, just remember that.
    Set the platitudes aside. Even without Lance, West drinks plenty of foul **** besides milk.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: