Thread: Bosh takes subtle jab at the Pacers

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Bosh takes subtle jab at the Pacers

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/03/2...-as-miami.html

It would be hard to top this five-day window of Miami Heat insanity, a wild ride even by the cartoonishly outsized standards we’ve come to expect involving the two-time defending NBA champions and most scrutinized team in American sports.

Saturday brought calamity. The loss at New Orleans continuing a recent slump found anger in the locker room going from simmer to boil. LeBron James said he was sick of excuses. Chris Bosh blasted his team’s lack of “passion.” It sounded like crisis mode.

Sunday brought a party! Give the Heat’s stars credit. Even when times are tough, these guys find time to celebrate their birthdays. Bosh turned 30 and rented out Marlins Park for an elaborate circus-themed bash featuring clowns, liquored-up snow cones, dunk tanks and capering dwarf performers.

Monday brought a victory. It was by only two points over visiting Portland, but, after seven losses in the previous 11 games, Miami’s worst slump of the Big 3 era, seldom has a Heat regular-season game felt more important. A valve seemed to turn, releasing a hiss of built-up pressure.

Tuesday brought a day of rest. This team needed one, for what was still ahead.

That’s because, now, Wednesday brings the real fun, the crescendo:

Heat at Pacers.

It’ll be another circus, but with dunks replacing dunk tanks, and bad blood instead of clowns. For Miami it will be a huge road victory restoring an all-is-well order to the season, or a loss that, chances are, will see a return of sky-is-falling angst and doubts.

What would a victory Wednesday mean?

“We need to continue to get better,” began LeBron James’ answer. “It doesn’t define our season, but the way we’ve been playing lately, it would help.”

The Pacers won the first of four season meetings, 90-84, Dec. 10 in Indiana. Miami won at home, 97-94, eight days later. After Wednesday night’s game the teams meet again, here, April 11.

“I miss the Pacers,” said Bosh with a sly grin after Monday’s game.

Call it a four-game teaser for the expected seven-game playoff series/grudge match in the Eastern Conference finals.

Three factors make Wednesday’s Heat-Pacers rematch must-watch TV.

• First, the teams’ season-long battle for the No. 1 playoff seed – meaning the home-court in that presumptive winner-take-all Game 7 – finds Indiana ahead by two games, and only one in the loss column. So Miami has a chance to move into a virtual deadlock as the season fritters to its final three weeks.

“It’s coming down to a photo finish,” as Bosh characterized Heat vs. Pacers. “Everybody was trying to make the games important back in December. Well, now they’re important.”

• A second point of intrigue Wednesday night: the unveiling of Greg Oden – unveiling in the sense Miami signed him with the Pacers in mind, as a direct counter to Roy Hibbert, and this will be Oden’s Heat debut vs. Indiana.

Hibbert, 27, is 7-2 and 290 pounds. Oden, 26, is 7-0 and 273. Close enough. Let the bangin’ begin.

“He gives us something we don’t have, so it’s encouraging,” coach Erik Spoelstra says of Oden. “The physicality. The size at the rim on both ends…”

Oden was still under wraps rehabbing his knees, the Odentein monster not yet up off the laboratory slab, for these teams’ two December meetings.

Now we’ll begin to see what impact Oden will have vs. Hibbert in Miami’s effort to neutralize the Pacers’ front-court size advantage. The Portland game Monday was Oden’s fifth start. There is no question Miami’s timetable for getting him fully ready has been a P&P strategy all the way: Pacers. Playoffs.

• Third but not least: Dwyane Wade. A sore ankle Monday caused him to miss his 19th game of the season. That’s 19 of 69, or 27.5 percent. Miami likely needs a healthy Wade to win a playoff series over Indiana and have a chance at a three-peat, so his return to the lineup Wednesday would be symbolic in a you-can-count-one me sort of way.

Wade’s 32 points vs. the Pacers led Miami’s win on Dec. 18.

The caveat on Wade – that he remains an elite player “when healthy” – has become an increasingly necessary disclaimer. One of the “excuses” James decried the Heat using surely involves the spotty availability of Wade, yet no one more than James knows the importance of a healthy Wade.

James himself has minor health issues he is playing through, and when he says things like he can’t afford to sit out and has an “obligation” to play, you wonder how much of that may be a subtle or even subconscious reference to the club’s careful handling of Wade. You wonder if perhaps that reflects a building frustration in James that his chief partner can’t always be counted on.

(OK, maybe you don’t wonder that. But I do).

How much the Heat needs Wade and how much Wade needs to prove he can still be relied upon when it matters most is why you can bet on seeing No. 3 back on the court Wednesday.

Because this isn’t just another game.

Afterward, you can be sure the winning team and losing team both will downplay the significance of the result.

They’ll probably both be lying.

Alrighty there Christopher lol

God I hope we smack the taste out of their miami beach , lavish spending, sushi eating mouths

If we got smacked around , could be a real exclamation point on things getting to Defcon 5
    Sittin on top of the world!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bosh takes subtle jab at the Pacers

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. Hes also not exactly wrong.

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see anything wrong with what he said. Hes also not exactly wrong.
    No theres nothing wrong with what he said, I live for Pacers/Heat , God the NBA is quite boring without rivalries

But he is taking a suble jab at the Pacers referring back to how much emphasis our squad put on the early season game and reference to the number 1 seed

To me its like he's saying " OK, those earlier games were nothin, but now lets see who the big dogs are

Everybody tries to be "politically correct" say the right things, blah blah

I miss 90s Pacers/Knicks

as Sosa said to Tony Montana in Scarface "I like you Tony, there is no lying in you"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:

Were the wins in December worth less than the wins now for some reason?

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If the games are so important now, why is Miami playing as badly as we are?

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

He knows how easy they'll be able to stomp us tomorrow, so I can't blame him for being excited and talking a little smack
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sounds like Playtex spokesperson of the year is looking forward to the game in Indy.

Hope DWEST has bosh curled up in the fetal position all game long.

I have no issue with what he said besides this is rather tame compared to stuff that was said in the 90s between the Knicks/Pacers or even Bulls/Pacers.

They should all take that personally. Let's see if the locker room has fatal issues or not. If they don't come out tomorrow, I will not expect a recovery.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

The most important thing I see about the two remaining games is that each team wants to prove to the other that they will not be beaten on their home court. But, it is just as important for the team that ends up with the #2 seed to prove that it can win on its opponent's court while holding serve at home.

In othe words, each of the remaining two games should be a complete dog fight.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    The most important thing I see about the two remaining games is that each team wants to prove to the other that they will not be beaten on their home court. But, it is just as important for the team that ends up with the #2 seed to prove that it can win on its opponent's court while holding serve at home.

In othe words, each of the remaining two games should be a complete dog fight.
    Yes, there is a mental aspect to it. It affects the team's confidence and that factor could be the difference. Tomorrow night is the biggest game of the season.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    If the games are so important now, why is Miami playing as badly as we are?
    It's more like a "flop to the finish". Let's see who falls face-first over the finish line.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

I think this could be a huge turnaround. If we wake up and give full effort for this game, the Heat haven't been playing very well either. Could be a huge confidence booth and a bit of kindling to our fire. Like I have said a few times in the past few days, we are finally starting to give the effort again, when the shots start falling again we will be doing just fine.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Let's see if we have any sack to smack back, or just only for internet pixs.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Obviously hope I'm wrong, but I think we're going to get demolished tomorrow. I have zero confidence we'd beat Chicago or Brooklyn in the semifinals, hell I don't even know if we'd beat Toronto.

What's wrong with eating sushi?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Yea, that was pretty funny. Like sushi is some high-expense meal only eaten by uppity snobs. You can get great local sushi for like $6 a roll, it's cheaper and healthier than a McD's happy meal, and way more delicious. Spicy tuna roll = mmm mmm good.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 03-26-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

A buncha book-reading, underwear-wearing, fork-using snobs if you ask me.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

He lost me at "most scrutinized team in American sports". That title surely goes to the New York Yankees, right? Heck, the Knicks hired a GM and it set off a week long media circus, and they're barely relevant. I know all about the J.R. Smith, Chris Smith situation, and the Knicks aren't a playoff contender. I don't know a thing about Chris Bosh's family, on the other hand.

LMAO@ sushi comments. I guess I thought it was exclusive, never had it

I dont eat anything raw, well except........................

Game on
    Smothered Chicken!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bosh didn't throw any jabs at the Pacers. If anything, he was pointing those remarks at the media for hyping up the first 2 match-ups back in December.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Bosh was just on ESPN saying how he looks forward to tonight because the Pacers are the best team. I don't think he was taking in jabs at the Pacers.