Thread: Tim Duncan & teammate report hearing baby crying in empty room at 'haunted hotel

Default Tim Duncan & teammate report hearing baby crying in empty room at 'haunted hotel

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ay-area-hotel/

Spurs’ Ayres, Duncan report hearing baby crying in empty room at reportedly haunted Bay Area hotel

The most famous of the reportedly haunted hotels that regularly cater to NBA teams is the Skirvin Hilton in Oklahoma City (Eddy Curry once reported an incident there, but that might have just been his stomach rumbling).

However, there is one in the Bay Area, too — the Claremont Resort in Berkley (pictured to the right). Among the spirits reportedly seen there is a six-year-old girl who allegedly died at the hotel.

The Spurs stayed at the Claremont recently when playing the Warriors and Jeff Ayres has a story to tell, via the San Antonio Express-News (hat tip to Hoopshype).

“You get in at whatever time. I took my room key. I could hear stuff in the hallway, like people in their rooms. So I’m thinking people are watching TV or whatever. So I get to my door, and my key doesn’t work, but it sounds like there’s somebody in my room. Like I hear a little baby, not crying but making noise. I’m like, ‘What the heck?’ I keep trying my key and it doesn’t work. So I go downstairs to get a new key, and I tell them (somebody’s in the room).

“So they call the room, and nobody answers. They’re like, ‘We can get you a new key and send you up with security and make sure nobody’s there, because there shouldn’t be anybody in there.’ Then they’re like, ‘We’ll just get you a new room.’ It was the creepiest thing. I heard a couple of other guys heard babies in the hallway, kids running down the hallway. Creepy. I really heard voices and a baby in the room, and there wasn’t anybody in there. It was crazy.”

The Big Fundamental Tim Duncan backs up his story.

“I heard a baby in his room. There was somebody or something in his room, yeah. I definitely heard something. It wasn’t creepy, because I assumed it was really somebody in the room, and they gave him the wrong room. But when they told me the story the next day about calling up there and no one in the room, it’s at that point you get chills. I totally agreed with him. There was a baby there, absolutely. I heard about the history of the place, and I’d rather not (stay there again).”

When the Spurs now 14-game win streak ends, I’m blaming the ghost of the 6 year old

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tim Duncan & teammate report hearing baby crying in empty room at 'haunted hotel

I don't understand why these teams even want to ever stay at these older hotels. I feel like newer hotels would accommodate 7 foot tall people much easier.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Default Re: Tim Duncan & teammate report hearing baby crying in empty room at 'haunted hotel

Sounds like a job for Zak Bagans

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand why these teams even want to ever stay at these older hotels. I feel like newer hotels would accommodate 7 foot tall people much easier.
    Would they? I'm guessing maybe not or maybe they have some business arrangment with the team's sponsors or something.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Spurs’ Ayres, Duncan report hearing baby crying
    Like I hear a little baby, not crying but making noise.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Spurs’ Ayres, Duncan report hearing baby crying
    Like I hear a little baby, not crying but making noise.
    Like PG whining to the refs
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

I'm just getting the mental image of Duncan/Ayres hugging each other in fear like Shaggy and Scooby with Coach Pop(Spurs coach) yelling at them for being wimps.

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I'm just getting the mental image of Duncan/Ayres hugging each other in fear like Shaggy and Scooby with Coach Pop(Spurs coach) yelling at them for being wimps.
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Would they? I'm guessing maybe not or maybe they have some business arrangment with the team's sponsors or something.
    The Pacers opted for older hotels in Millwaukee and Memphis. Luxury, but it's like choosing Canterbury over JW, Westin, or the Conrad.

In Memphis everyone was waiting to see the freaking ducks and had no idea who the Pacers were.

Probably just a Bulls fan.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Scooby snacks might explain why they play so well for so long...
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Think Timmy and Jeff need to lay off the sauce. Probably went to the wrong floor or room and tried their key on someone else's door.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Strangely I believe them only because I know someone who had their family business operate at the Claremont and even they heard strange things while they were there. She didn't think they were ghosts though.