Thread: Bills owner Ralph Wilson has died

Default Bills owner Ralph Wilson has died

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bills owner Ralph Wilson has died

RIP, and I think sadly for the Buffalo fans, I think this may be the end of a team being in their city. I either see the owners/NFL try and be global and put the team in Toronto permanently, or jumble some things around and get their Los Angeles team, there's going to be a lot of dough offered up to whoever owns the Bills now.

Could ultimately see a situation where the Colts and Patriots are in the same division again (with Jets and Dolphins), but I might've had too much to drink.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RIP, and I think sadly for the Buffalo fans, I think this may be the end of a team being in their city. I either see the owners/NFL try and be global and put the team in Toronto permanently, or jumble some things around and get their Los Angeles team, there's going to be a lot of dough offered up to whoever owns the Bills now.

Could ultimately see a situation where the Colts and Patriots are in the same division again (with Jets and Dolphins), but I might've had too much to drink.
    It would look pretty bad for the NFL if the Bills left Buffalo. They've fallen on rough times in recent years, but that team has a lot of history in Buffalo and is a source of major civic pride in that city. It would be pretty cold if they left. Like the Jets and Dolphins, their biggest problem is that they've been stuck in the same division as the Patriots for so long. Won't Wilson's family just assume ownership of the team now? I'm sure that they've been preparing for this day for a while given his advanced age, and I bet that they have a lot of community pride like him.

I still maintain that we won't see an NFL team in LA for a while. I think that the NFL enjoys deliberately keeping LA empty so that owners in other cities can use LA as a bargaining chip to extort a new stadium from their communities.

I think that a franchise like Jacksonville or San Diego would be far more likely to bolt than Buffalo. The NFL won't give Super Bowls to San Diego anymore because their stadium is so dated, so I doubt that the Chargers find it acceptable either. But just watch, eventually the "Chargers to LA" rumors will become loud enough that San Diego will blink and build a new stadium.

The reason why the NFL isn't in LA is because LA doesn't really care about the NFL its a basketball town above all else and as far as pro football teams that's what USC is for.

(and well a lot of LA residents root for teams outside of LA)