Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Odd Thoughts: Being gored by the Bulls

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Odd Thoughts: Being gored by the Bulls

There was a stretch starting at the end of the 1st quarter going into the 2nd quater, where Evan went on a one man rampage. He dominated the ball almost exclusively. There was no ball movement, it was him driving into the lane, pump faking two times, up to about 5 on one possession, and then threw the ball out or put up a stupid fade away shot.

It was as bad, if not worse, than any 7-8 min stretch by Lance all season.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Evan only took 4 shots dude! That's the problem. Scola took only 4 too. Copeland played 5 mins and got up no shots. Our bench guys should each have no less than 9 attempts (except Ian). Also it's time to play LaVoy Allen at backup center. I just hope CJ comes back soon.
    Your hatred for Ian is pretty amazing IMHO . I view him completely different then you seem to do.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    There was a stretch starting at the end of the 1st quarter going into the 2nd quater, where Evan went on a one man rampage. He dominated the ball almost exclusively. There was no ball movement, it was him driving into the lane, pump faking two times, up to about 5 on one possession, and then threw the ball out or put up a stupid fade away shot.

It was as bad, if not worse, than any 7-8 min stretch by Lance all season.

That's his shot though. If you watch the Boston game he scored 17 off the bench with moves like that. Back then though, we had CJ Watson. So with a true PG on the floor it made things easier. Also I wouldn't call 1 for 4 a one man rampage. He still would've finished with 7 points for the night. I liked the way he Scola, and Copeland played when he first got here together. But I don't see that anymore really. Mostly because Vogel has him playing PG since Sloan sucks so bad. I knew Roy would have a bad game last night, after Taj flapping his gums after Friday's loss, I knew the refs would make a concerted effort to make him a non-factor in the rematch. I wasn't wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Your hatred for Ian is pretty amazing IMHO . I view him completely different then you seem to do.
    I don't hate him just see him as a non-factor. Some games he will block 2 or 3 shots. But when he is not doing that he's useless. LaVoy will give you defense AND offense. And this wouldn't even be an issue if we had acquired Robin Lopez in the off-season. Then we probably would've gotten Bynum just for insurance and probably unleashed him in the ECF while sliding Robin to back up PF. Just to really screw with Miami. But instead we're stuck with Ian. Ian has had a good stretch which lasted from when we signed Bynum till when he started actually playing. But the guy is useless offensively. But I understand why Vogel doesn't wanna play LaVoy ahead of him, since Ian's been here longer. At the same time though, Bird has tried to move Ian multiple times since he's been back. So.....maybe Vogel needs to realize how much the front office doesn't value him. That's enough cover not to play him over LaVoy.
    Last edited by Grimp; 03-25-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Offense has been atrocious recently and defense has not been much better. Usually 89 points is a good night defensively, but how Taj Gibson and Hinrich continually got open shots really was frustrating. Vogel needs to get them ready to go, but it shouldn't be too hard to get the team fired up for the game vs MIA
    Smothered Chicken!