Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Uncle Buck speaks....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....p

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were on pace to win 70 games when Lance was still playing his glue guy role, not the prominent scoring option role. As Lance has played more selfishly our record has slowly gotten worse and worse. Why is it so hard for you to understand what we are saying? Everything is right there out on the court if you pay attention to what is going on. You see how the other players get frustrated with him, you see how he has changed how he plays within the half court. It is all right there for anyone to see, so why do you refuse to see it? Because someone who has a good FG% can't possibly be the source of chemistry problems? That is some pretty poor logic, and shows a lack of understand if you truly believe such a thing.

Stats are a great tool, I am all about them, but there are some things that they just don't measure very well. One of those is how well a player plays within a team concept. Lance hasn't been doing a good job of that since early January, and seems to get worse and worse as time goes on.
    Lance has been our 2nd leading scorer, though not our 2nd scoring option, all season long. He was the "glue guy" last season, but I think he was very important to our early season success and he earned a bigger role. He showed he has the ability to play within our offense and make his patented Lance plays, but he just hasn't been doing that during this calendar year as much. I'm one of the biggest George Hill fans here, but I don't think his ceiling is anywhere near Lance's.

Hill does seem to be an infinitely more coachable player, however.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    When did I say he wasn't a PART of the problem? That has never happened.

He isn't THE problem. That's all. I've really said and a group of fans who claim they don't blame him for everything just can't stand it, lol.
    Gotta be lonely up there on that cross alone.

I took issue with what you said, because you're denying that Lance has been playingh selfishly. I've never once said he's THE problem, and in fact, I've said multiple times that he wasn't THE problem. But yeah, let's play the martyr.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    Lance has been our 2nd leading scorer, though not our 2nd scoring option, all season long. He was the "glue guy" last season, but I think he was very important to our early season success and he earned a bigger role. He showed he has the ability to play within our offense and make his patented Lance plays, but he just hasn't been doing that during this calendar year as much. I'm one of the biggest George Hill fans here, but I don't think his ceiling is anywhere near Lance's.

Hill does seem to be an infinitely more coachable player, however.
    Having a high ceiling and having the ability to reach it, or being at a higher position right now are different things. He might have a higher ceiling, I think that is debatable, but he isn't a better player right now and doesn't appear to have the right mindset to reach that ceiling.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Gotta be lonely up there on that cross alone.

I took issue with what you said, because you're denying that Lance has been playingh selfishly. I've never once said he's THE problem, and in fact, I've said multiple times that he wasn't THE problem. But yeah, let's play the martyr.
    Omg, lol

You sound like my mom.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:

It's not all on Lance. PG's shooting has taken a nose dive, where he was automatic in the beginning of the season. The big and bulky Hibbert with UFC training in the offseason has become increasingly soft. Speaking of which, I forget that George Hill is sometimes on our team. West is probably the only guy that has been fairly consistent, but he can sometimes get lazy too.

However, maybe Lance has outgrown his role? You had a guy that in the beginning of the year, that we really just called upon to defend and create for others and hit the occasional shot if he was open or had a lane. I think Lance saw what he was capable of from having several big games, and he gave himself the green light to be more instrumental in the offense. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily, but it's directly fazed out Hibbert in the offense I think as there are only so many looks to go around. In that sense, we've lost a bit of our identity, which was largely the duo of Hibbert and West inside.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post

I am sure that I am in the minority in this and I know that I am overreacting to his response....but I'd think that PG24's response would have been that they forgot how they played earlier in the season, that they needed to focus and remember what got them there.

Fun? they forgot to have fun? Fun is for the offseason.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I am sure that I am in the minority in this and I know that I am overreacting to his response....but I'd think that PG24's response would have been that they forgot how they played earlier in the season, that they needed to focus and remember what got them there.

Fun? they forgot to have fun? Fun is for the offseason.
    I guess I'd counter with thinking back on the beginning of the season it was about winning games, going out and "just playing". Since the all-star selections it was: "live up to the hype", and "be the Man on the best team in the association". The pressure got to him and yes, he forgot what got them there in the first place.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

I think if the Granger trade did anything it was to create a thought in PG's mind that he is now, truly, the man. While technically it shouldn't have changed anything about his game maybe mentally it just sent the wrong messages and connected in the wrong ways?

Meanwhile teams packed it in on Hibbert and lobbied refs about fouls and questioned Hibbert getting the benefit of the doubt on 'verticality' and got in his head. So that all created a vicious cycle that then impacted the rest of the team when it's top 2 players are playing like anything but that...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden