Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Buck speaks....

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly I wonder if we don't have another Jermaine O'Neal/Ron Artest thing going on.

Jermaine was supposed to be the star player but Ron Artest did not feel like he was the best player on the team and in fact Ron felt like he deserved the attention that Jermaine was getting so it kept bubbling over and over and over till Ron and Jermaine could not get along.

Well Paul is the star but Lance has actually played more consistent and at times better than Paul.

I hate to admit this part but this is one of the reasons why you somewhat have to admire LeBron & Wade because they actually have made it work.
    Peck, not to over simplify, but dont you work with people you necessarily dont like/get along with , yet your still able to produce collectively? I think Kobe and Shaq pretty much couldnt really stand each other yet they knew how to get it done on the court

Lance/PG I think have some maturing yet to still do, while West/Hibbert/Hill need to master the art of motivation/discipline for those that are a little diffcult (PG/Lance)

I still say , no matter what we will know in the first round of the playoffs where we truly stand
    Sittin on top of the world!

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    ya all lets blame this on the LEGEND. not the fact we got a 7'2 center that can barely stand on his own two feet when a strong wind gust enters the buiding. and we got one 23 year old sending pics of his junk out and knocking up strippers. nother 23 year old playing the nba game like its a rucker park and 1 video all while trying to get paid in the process.

boo ****** hooo.. maybe these guys should talk about their feelings and eat bonn bonns or something so we all can get over the loss of danny granger.

somebody get this SOFT *** team a tampon. maybe bosh can spare some of his while in town.
    All im gonna say about this post is it made me laugh my azz off

not necessarily for the reasons one might think
    Sittin on top of the world!

lol, this is gonna be hilarious when we turn this around. When we beat Miami tomorrow.. that trust and confidence is going to go way up.. just watch

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    lol, this is gonna be hilarious when we turn this around. When we beat Miami tomorrow.. that trust and confidence is going to go way up.. just watch
    I thought the Bulls game would do that for us, or the Piston game with the big comeback. I am waiting for a turning point type game/moment, but we have been heading south for a while now.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I thought the Bulls game would do that for us, or the Piston game with the big comeback. I am waiting for a turning point type game/moment, but we have been heading south for a while now.
    and if this team cannot put aside any differences, if that even be true, and the troops rally around each other for the MIA game then we may be up ****creek. forget HCA we lose at the Fieldhouse.

I don't see it though. If any team will rile the fire its the Heat. fully expect the boys in blue and gold to collectively pull their heads out of each others backsides and get the win.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    Lance averages 11 shots a game, and leads the team in assists. He is no way like Rudy Gay or Carmelo Anthony.
    He averages the second most FGA on the team for a team that doesn't get a lot of possessions or FGA (80 on average)

And though he leads in assists, those numbers have greatly trailed off since January. Not to mention our "system" doesn't produce big assist numbers.

edit: not saying Lance takes a crazy amount of shots, I just think hes more wild and has played more of a selfish game once he got snubbed from AS game
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 03-25-2014 at 08:58 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Actually, David West has taken about 50 more shots than Lance this year. Lance is a much better offensive player than George Hill or Roy Hibbert and absolutely SHOULD take more shots, he shoots a full 5 points better than either of them. Maybe it's just me but I want my best FG shooter and assist man to have the ball quite a bit.

Maybe Paul George should be the one shooting less? He has the worst FG% of the starters and takes about 6 more shots per game than Lance. Just a thought.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:

Actually, David West has taken about 50 more shots than Lance this year. Lance is a much better offensive player than George Hill or Roy Hibbert and absolutely SHOULD take more shots, he shoots a full 5 points better than either of them. Maybe it's just me but I want my best FG shooter and assist man to have the ball quite a bit.

Maybe Paul George should be the one shooting less? He has the worst FG% of the starters and takes about 6 more shots per game than Lance. Just a thought.
    OK. then honestly, and I am being one hundred percent honest here, this is what I truly believe. If we in effect turn the team over to Lance then we are going to have to trade, West, Roy, PG and George Hill. Yes all 4 of them. Seriously I think that is where we are. Maybe it isn't Lance's fault at all, but you have to deal with the situation as it is. And I think those 4 don't want Lance on the team anymore
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 03-25-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    OK. then it honestly, and I am being one hundred percent honest here, this is what I truly believe. If we in effect turn the team over to Lance then we are going to have to trade, West, Roy, PG and George Hill. Yes all 4 of them. Seriously I think that is where we are. Maybe it isn't Lance's fault at all, but you have to deal with the situation as it is. And I think those 4 don't want Lance on the team anymore
    I dont believe (or maybe I am in denial at this point) but I dont think there is THAT much love loss with the other 4 starters and Lance... I am sure that they are fed up with some of his antics, but I am sure that they recognize at this point he is an important cog to the success and failures of this team...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:

You're right, my mistake. I was looking at West FGA and not Lance.

Hill demonstrated last year that he could be an effective offensive player when given more freedom and shot attempts. In fact he averaged the same 14 and 5 on efficient FG% that Lance is this year. He also did so as the 3rd option in an offense that averaged less ppg and played at a slower pace....if we want to throw numbers out there.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So after Roy calls out/doesn't call out Lance, I focused on Lance's demeanor the very next game against the Bulls. He had a contested layup for an "and 1" and he starts doing the Lance thing, stomping, yelling, preening. Roy comes up right behind him and starts smackin' him on the back like he's giving him his best Flava Flav "yeah bouy!".

And I'm thinking ok, here we go. This is a start.

Later, Lancie scores again for another "and 1" while Dunleavy falls at his feet. And Lances poses over him for a tech. Now I love me a good hatin' on Dunleavy like the next guy, but I turned to my wife and said, "so unnecessary, Stephenson is such an *******".

I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather he go away. From the beginning with the "we gotta do whatever it takes" to the "should have been an all-star" to whatever the hell we are doing now, he is a distraction and team is not his primary focus.

My daddy used to tell me that sometimes its addition by subtraction. I would rather downgrade at that spot and work with a guy who tries to buy into what you are trying to do than deal with this head case for 4 more years. I see nothing that indicates he would change.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:

Lance's #1 problem is he thinks he can break everyone down with his dribble. When the defense is set and his man is in good position he STILL pounds the ball looking for an opening. Everyone has to stop and wait for him to make an out of control move or possibly pass the ball.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    Lance's #1 problem is he thinks he can break everyone down with his dribble. When the defense is set and his man is in good position he STILL pounds the ball looking for an opening. Everyone has to stop and wait for him to make an out of control move or possibly pass the ball.
    The moment for me was after we gutted to get back in the NYK game, had momentum with a couple 3s and multiple stops, we get out on the break.

And Lance "no looks" past an open GH to the security lady in the tunnel.

And Frank smiled at him and said "keep it simple". If that had been Slick on the bench, he would have choked him out like he was Neto.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    So after Roy calls out/doesn't call out Lance, I focused on Lance's demeanor the very next game against the Bulls. He had a contested layup for an "and 1" and he starts doing the Lance thing, stomping, yelling, preening. Roy comes up right behind him and starts smackin' him on the back like he's giving him his best Flava Flav "yeah bouy!".

And I'm thinking ok, here we go. This is a start.

Later, Lancie scores again for another "and 1" while Dunleavy falls at his feet. And Lances poses over him for a tech. Now I love me a good hatin' on Dunleavy like the next guy, but I turned to my wife and said, "so unnecessary, Stephenson is such an *******".

I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather he go away. From the beginning with the "we gotta do whatever it takes" to the "should have been an all-star" to whatever the hell we are doing now, he is a distraction and team is not his primary focus.

My daddy used to tell me that sometimes its addition by subtraction. I would rather downgrade at that spot and work with a guy who tries to buy into what you are trying to do than deal with this head case for 4 more years. I see nothing that indicates he would change.
    If anything Paul George is the head case on the team. At least Lance isn't impregnating strippers and sending naked selfies to total strangers lol. Lance is a team player, PG isn't
    David "And One" West

Gotta Play Big

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    If anything Paul George is the head case on the team. At least Lance isn't impregnating strippers and sending naked selfies to total strangers lol. Lance is a team player, PG isn't
    Wow. This is really true. Imagine if Lance was getting this press. People would be screaming to have him cut from the team.

There is a huge difference in how much rope these guys are getting. This extends to what is going on out on the floor. Paul is getting a HUGE pass, but if Lance doesn't lead the team in assists every game, he's playing selfish and reckless.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Wow. This is really true. Imagine if Lance was getting this press. People would be screaming to have him cut from the team.

There is a huge difference in how much rope these guys are getting. This extends to what is going on out on the floor. Paul is getting a HUGE pass, but if Lance doesn't lead the team in assists every game, he's playing selfish and reckless.
    They both are very immature and not extremely smart players.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Well, I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sure wish the Legend had determined a guy's suitablilty before we signed him for the next 5 years for a gazillion dollars. Of course, the marketabilty of PG is high so I guess you could discharge the issue fairly easily.

And Lance is a team guy IF the team decides to assume his style. Personnally, Lance Stephenson is not a guy I would build a team on top of.

Not in 15 lifetimes.

PG has freak physical skills that you could build a team around. And his head is something you could work with more vs Lance if you could get him to focus on something besides his junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I don't think you quite understand what anyone is saying, or the interactions between the players on the court. Carmelo Anthony puts up consistently great numbers, but his ego and style of play are not conducive to winning championships. Most teams these days seem to want to get rid of Rudy Gay as soon as they get him because despite his numbers, he doesn't help his teams max out their talent. This is why I have so much respect for Lebron the basketball player. He makes everyone on his team better. The same cannot be said of Melo and Gay, and currently Lance. Last year and early this year Lance did the stuff that helped his teammates to be better players. It is what made him so valuable in the first place, and is the same reason why the Bobcats value McBob. He does the things that help the players around him to play to the best of their ability. Lance doesn't do that anymore. So while his stats still look good, he isn't doing the things that helped made the team as a whole so good.
    Well, if LeBron is your comparison, none of our guys - including PG with his ******** offensive approach of late - has a snowball's chance in hell of attaining that level of making players around them better. Honestly, although both can't get outside their immaturity and over-inflated sense of hollow NBA rising stars for the good of the team - Lance's game is more suited to potentially making teammates better offensively, while Paul's has that advantage on the defense.

If we could just somehow genetically graft them into one player with the best of both individuals, maybe then we could end this inane fake super-star power struggle.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

30. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    OK. then honestly, and I am being one hundred percent honest here, this is what I truly believe. If we in effect turn the team over to Lance then we are going to have to trade, West, Roy, PG and George Hill. Yes all 4 of them. Seriously I think that is where we are. Maybe it isn't Lance's fault at all, but you have to deal with the situation as it is. And I think those 4 don't want Lance on the team anymore
    I think that's insanity buck, and I don't see what you see. This is all based on your hunch, and I just need more proof you're right. I trust your judgement but damn, you've jumped off the deep end with both feet! I think the body language is poor, no doubt and I see that. But I just don't believe it deserves such a hasty move by management, YET. I agree with you that if you are indeed right and the whole damn team just doesn't like the kid, well then you gotta MOVE him and get assets in return. But you can't just give him away, and his team mates need to understand that. Idk, I am not around him so I don't know what he's really like. But I see a kid who's worked his butt off to get where he's at and I feel he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

There are plenty of teams who see a future star in Lance, I'd bet the house on it. Put him on a team that will give him more freedom and you got a sure fire all star who can excite the fans and is only 23. That's worth a good something in return.

The key thing here is that we have no way to replace Lance. If we had cap space, I might see them just going another direction, but we don't. We absolutely got to resign him and give it another shot next year. Maybe make a coaching change and see how that works. If problems continue, trade him. But you can't lose the kid for nothing.

4 months ago Lance was a very key piece for a team DOMINATING the entire league. Now they can't play together because of 1 month of .500 ball? Because Lance isn't passing the ball as well as he was earlier in the year? Because he's taking a few more outside shots, and HITTING them? It ain't like they've dropped 10 in a row. It ain't like Lance is jacking up 20 shots and completely taking over the team. He is sharing the ball and at least TRYING to play team ball. And they are still very competitive. These guys are only 23 years old, it is away too early to throw in the towel.

I think you're just still a little paranoid over the JO Artest debacle. But not every situation is that extreme. I guess we will just have to wait and see how it plays out but I really hope your wrong here.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    The moment for me was after we gutted to get back in the NYK game, had momentum with a couple 3s and multiple stops, we get out on the break.

And Lance "no looks" past an open GH to the security lady in the tunnel.

And Frank smiled at him and said "keep it simple". If that had been Slick on the bench, he would have choked him out like he was Neto.
    What about in that same span where we had multiple opportunities to take the lead and PG heaved up multiple threes early in the shot clock?

I'm not trying to defend Lance here as having no role in all this. All I'm saying is you have to recognize both he and Paul - the way they're playing now - are both having deleterious affects on team unity and our offensive play. If you want to talk about Lance's antics - some of which I find downright stupid - then you have to talk about Paul's incessant and utterly annoying whining to the refs.

And let's not forget Roy's brilliant airing of the team's dirty laundry publicly in the media. The young guys have to stop acting like babies. Grow up and put aside the differences and everybody sacrifice something for the team and a chance to make run at a championship. They could be ******** away the best chance they'll have in their careers.

And, finally, not to overlook yet another key player, what in the hell is Vogel going to do about this? If Stephenson is as bad as some people on here are suggesting, you've got to do something. I don't care if there's only 11 games left. If the other four starters are really to the point where they can't play with in any more, Vogel should be doing more than just patting him on the head when he makes a bonehead mistake. Has he tried anything other than just the status quo in hopes that we'll magically regain our composure in time to right the ship? Could say the same about his handling of PG in this span too.
    Last edited by D-BONE; 03-25-2014 at 10:53 PM.

-Emiliano Zapata

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Artest was a head case, and I can't ever imagine Lance going off the deep end. Lance doesn't ever foul hard, and never looks to fight people. Not a dirty player at all. Lance gets a bad rap for some reason that I will never understand. Now I do like the comparison between JO and PG. Both are egotistical, and want desperately to be the alpha
    David "And One" West

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

This isn't the players fault. Frank is in charge and he needs to get whatever wrongs, righted. It's Frank's job to right the ship that Larry has given him. The players can do it, we all know this, heck, the players know this. Frank just needs to do his job.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    You're right, my mistake. I was looking at West FGA and not Lance.

Hill demonstrated last year that he could be an effective offensive player when given more freedom and shot attempts. In fact he averaged the same 14 and 5 on efficient FG% that Lance is this year. He also did so as the 3rd option in an offense that averaged less ppg and played at a slower pace....if we want to throw numbers out there.
    My thing with Hill is, he is not 23 and still improving, he's 28 and pretty much topped out. And he's just not the player Lance is, even with the experience gap. Look at Lances numbers man, he's a damn good all around player. Hill is a combo guard who isn't great at either position. But Stephenson is probably the 2nd best young (under 25) SG in basketball, behind James Harden. He has potential to be great. I think people severely underestimate his talent level.

He's 23 and leading a possible 60 win team in 3 pretty important statistical categories and he's been their most consistent player along the way. That's damn impressive regardless of our current play.

Don't get me wrong, Hill has been good for us. But I just don't see him making us better. I can see Lance taking us to the next level.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:

Lance is good, a likely future all star even. ..but if he can't somehow make it work here, I have a hard time thinking he can make it as a main cog elsewhere. Hes talented but hes not talented enough to be a number one offensive option on a winning team. He's in a great spot as a 3rd offensive option for a winning team. If he's rubbing teammates the wrong way here as a 3rd offensive option, wouldn't it make sense that it would most likely be worse if he were the number one offensive option elsewhere?

Lance has a chance to make the best of an opportunity to do well on a team that has potential to win a championship. He should make the most of that and play the way necessary for his other teammates to thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Lance is good, a likely future all star even. ..but if he can't somehow make it work here, I have a hard time thinking he can make it as a main cog elsewhere. Hes talented but hes not talented enough to be a number one offensive option on a winning team. He's in a great spot as a 3rd offensive option for a winning team. If he's rubbing teammates the wrong way here as a 3rd offensive option, wouldn't it make sense that it would most likely be worse if he were the number one offensive option elsewhere?

Lance has a chance to make the best of an opportunity to do well on a team that has potential to win a championship. He should make the most of that and play the way necessary for his other teammates to thrive.
    Yes, and same can be said for Paul, IMO. And really they all need to ask what they need to do for the team to succeed.

-Emiliano Zapata

42. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post: