Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 258

Thread: Uncle Buck speaks....

  1. #126
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,052
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say let Lance walk and hope to God PG matures at some point.(and keeps working) I don't think Lance and PG can co-exist and I think that Lance causes issues with other players more. Get a good player with the money alloted to re-sign Lance.
    Interesting idea, just going to throw a screwball in there, so PG said he would be up for training with LeBron this offseason, if so hopefully LeBron brings out the best in him as far as dealing with expectations and making your team better, may get some backlash from that comment, but I have no big gripes against LeBron.
    Why so SERIOUS

  2. #127
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not in Feb. They were like 10-1. They were 9-6 in March I think. Not exactly horrible. I do see your point though. It can be done.
    The Pacers were 11-3 from Feb 1 to March 2. 9-3 in the month of Feb itself, not exactly horrible either.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  4. #128
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,871

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Pretty sure if we just let Lance walk, the money allotted for Lance is just lost, or more specifically the ability to use it on a player is lost. We can't use it to sign anyone because the only reason we can sign Lance in the first place is because we have his bird rights because we will be over the salary cap. I think you would need to sign and trade him.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  6. #129
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    260

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly, but since we can't get consistent offense it won't matter much in the playoffs with regards to winning.

    I am with you on that idea of a dynamic scorer, but what direction do we go, I thought George could be a scorer, but we don't use him like that (if you look at him when he was with the Spurs he was pretty efficient, he could drive or pullup and hit shots all over), if we had a guy that could and was allowed to play that role by his teammates we would be better off.

    But honestly all I think we really need is to start playing smart team ball again, if we can figure that out someone over the next few games, and come together in the playoffs we maybe able to salvage the potential of this group for this season, atleast that is what I feel.
    Hill should be playing at SG. Let Lance walk and sign a legitimate PG. Of course, that doesn't solve our problems this year.

    This year we need to follow the Nike advice. Everyone knows we need to play as team team....now we need to just do it.

  7. #130
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pistons added RASHEED WALLACE to their team and won a title that year.
    And Mark Aguirre several years before that.

    We may want to believe that the Pacers are a championship caliber team, but they haven't proved that yet. Feasting on the weak East to jump out to the best record in the league doesn't mean anything to this point. Winning championships, does.

    We almost made it to the Finals last year without Danny, so Bird tried to swap him out for a younger, more athletic player who could (hopefully) add some scoring to the second unit. If any part of this recent slump is due to players sulking because Danny was traded, then that says a lot more about the maturity of this team than it does the "loyalty" of Bird and the FO.
    Last edited by A-Train; 03-25-2014 at 03:58 PM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Train For This Useful Post:


  9. #131
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,959

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do things go from here? Sounds like the players have had meetings, I'm sure the coaches and players have had meetings. We don't know anything the players and coaches didn't know weeks ago. So this is not new to them. But what they have done so far doesn't seem to have righted the ship.

    We can still get homecourt in the east. We can still beat the Hawks in the first round, and the Nets or Bulls in the second (although that would likely go 7 games) we can still get to the Heat in the ECF. Is the ECF's where the chemistry issues stop the season? Maybe the players can put their deferences aside for the playoffs. My experience tells me things don't work like that in the NBA - other teams are too good.

    I honestly don't know where we go from here. I suppose I expect us to keep muddling through. I don't expect us to suddenly turn it around now or in the playoffs. And I don't expect the wheels to come completely off as in lose 10 of our last 12 and in 5 games first round.

    I suppose I see us being in real trouble in the second round of the playoffs against the Bulls, Nets, or Raptors.
    There is only one thing that the team can do. Beat the Heat tomorrow night.

    This problem won't be resolved by fans talking it over in a message board. It won't be resolved in meetings between the coaches. I don't even think that it can be resolved in player meetings either. No, this can only be resolved on the court. The players have to start trusting each other on the court again and the only thing that can fix that is winning.

    Winning cures everything.

    I sincerely believe that we are lucky to be playing the Heat tomorrow. This is our chance to put it all together once again. The only way to beat the Heat is to return to our old identity. We aren't going to beat them as a perimeter team and our players know that.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  11. #132
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,250
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    When we first obtained Turner I winced at some of the comments I read in the Star about how he (Turner) might even supplant Stephenson as a starter. I just KNEW that it was going to affect Lance's mentality especially after be left off the AS team. Is he the whole problem? I doubt it. I've noticed Roy being more timid on defense after the pre-break talk around the league about how he cheated on "going straight up". As for PG, IMO he expects to be treated like LBJ and when he doesn't get the calls he pouts.
    But do you remember how the entire team reacted the first time Bynum came into a game and the BLF crowd went nuts? The whole team responded to the energy with a more enthusiastic play. Perhaps we're as bored as they are???
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  12. #133
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,610

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Sadly I wonder if we don't have another Jermaine O'Neal/Ron Artest thing going on.

    Jermaine was supposed to be the star player but Ron Artest did not feel like he was the best player on the team and in fact Ron felt like he deserved the attention that Jermaine was getting so it kept bubbling over and over and over till Ron and Jermaine could not get along.

    Well Paul is the star but Lance has actually played more consistent and at times better than Paul.

    I hate to admit this part but this is one of the reasons why you somewhat have to admire LeBron & Wade because they actually have made it work.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  14. #134
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    cry me a ****** river, if these millionaire pri madonnas got their feelings hurt cause Danny was dealt. then the same rings true today as it did when Bird first said it.

    these guys are SOFT.

    S-O-F-T.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  16. #135

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly I wonder if we don't have another Jermaine O'Neal/Ron Artest thing going on.

    Jermaine was supposed to be the star player but Ron Artest did not feel like he was the best player on the team and in fact Ron felt like he deserved the attention that Jermaine was getting so it kept bubbling over and over and over till Ron and Jermaine could not get along.

    Well Paul is the star but Lance has actually played more consistent and at times better than Paul.

    I hate to admit this part but this is one of the reasons why you somewhat have to admire LeBron & Wade because they actually have made it work.
    You could maybe say that offensively. Defensively, Paul is lightyears better than Lance.

    This starting 5 needs a glue guy and that used to be Lance. But Lance wants his share and now it's not working. It might never work the way it used to
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:


  18. #136
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    ya all lets blame this on the LEGEND. not the fact we got a 7'2 center that can barely stand on his own two feet when a strong wind gust enters the buiding. and we got one 23 year old sending pics of his junk out and knocking up strippers. nother 23 year old playing the nba game like its a rucker park and 1 video all while trying to get paid in the process.

    boo ****** hooo.. maybe these guys should talk about their feelings and eat bonn bonns or something so we all can get over the loss of danny granger.


    somebody get this SOFT *** team a tampon. maybe bosh can spare some of his while in town.

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  20. #137
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His turnover numbers sure didn't.
    Yeah, it may have backfired. Maybe not surprising when you dial back your aggressiveness and play more tentatively.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  21. #138
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,550

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean does it really seem as simple as "Just going to what we used to do" at this point? I feel like they said something similar to this right after the 4 game losing streak.
    You can discount it because it was only one game, but I think people would agree that's exactly what we did in beating Chicago. It may not be simple to sustain it, but it seems pretty clear that doing it works.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  22. #139
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,959

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not in Feb. They were like 10-1. They were 9-6 in March I think. Not exactly horrible. I do see your point though. It can be done.
    We went 10-5 in January and 9-3 in February. Similarly to the Mavs those are not exactly horrible numbers. That's the main reason why I've been saying for a long time that contrary to popular belief we haven't been sucking for the whole 2014.

    Our March, though, really does suck. We have gone 6-7 in that month which is quite comparable to the 8-8 January that the Mavs had in 2010.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  23. #140
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    I tell ya, that's a truly brilliant idea. Let's get rid of our most consistent player with no way to replace him. I'm sure that will improve the team.

    Let's do it so the guys that have been playing like crap can have more shots! Brilliant!

    Lance has been the scapegoat for this team from day 1. If I was him I'd just leave and find a team that doesn't blame him for everything.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


  25. #141
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,019

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly I wonder if we don't have another Jermaine O'Neal/Ron Artest thing going on.

    Jermaine was supposed to be the star player but Ron Artest did not feel like he was the best player on the team and in fact Ron felt like he deserved the attention that Jermaine was getting so it kept bubbling over and over and over till Ron and Jermaine could not get along.

    Well Paul is the star but Lance has actually played more consistent and at times better than Paul.

    I hate to admit this part but this is one of the reasons why you somewhat have to admire LeBron & Wade because they actually have made it work.
    I don't think it is all that impressive that Lebron and Wade are able to play together. They know themselves. They know how good each one is compared to the other, and they know what each one is and isn't capable of. When you know that it is easy to play together if you care more about winning than being the number one option. Paul and Lance don't. Neither really play within themselves yet. While I think Lance accepts that Paul is better, or at least is the number 1 option, I don't think Lance accepts that other players on the team are as good or better offensively as he is. Personally, I see him as similar to Roy on offense. There are times where he looks dominate, but is unreliable as a focus on offense. I think West and Hill are better suited to be the second and third option on the team, amongst the starters.

  26. #142
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We went 10-5 in January and 9-3 in February. Similarly to the Mavs those are not exactly horrible numbers. That's the main reason why I've been saying for a long time that contrary to popular belief we haven't been sucking for the whole 2014.

    Our March, though, really does suck. We have gone 6-7 in that month which is quite comparable to the 8-8 January that the Mavs had in 2010.

    Nuntius, if this team were playing in the WC do you think we would be playing for HCA. All im saying is our record is a bit misleading when you factor in were playing the JV conference. You can say well.. Miami.. this.. Miami .. that..

    Miami has raised two banners, played more games, and has rested DWADE, Oden, for about half the season. they get the benefit of the doubt.

    In all fairness, this Pacers team should have wrapped up HCA in the East ten games ago. Just don't let our record vs weak comp fool you. We got glaring weaknesses which I know you are well aware of.. and were about to get exposed if we don't get our ****** together ASAP.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  28. #143
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,360

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, it may have backfired. Maybe not surprising when you dial back your aggressiveness and play more tentatively.
    Lance is playing tentatively?!?!?! That doesn't pass the almighty eye test.

  29. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,019

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I tell ya, that's a truly brilliant idea. Let's get rid of our most consistent player with no way to replace him. I'm sure that will improve the team.

    Let's do it so the guys that have been playing like crap can have more shots! Brilliant!

    Lance has been the scapegoat for this team from day 1. If I was him I'd just leave and find a team that doesn't blame him for everything.
    I don't think you quite understand what anyone is saying, or the interactions between the players on the court. Carmelo Anthony puts up consistently great numbers, but his ego and style of play are not conducive to winning championships. Most teams these days seem to want to get rid of Rudy Gay as soon as they get him because despite his numbers, he doesn't help his teams max out their talent. This is why I have so much respect for Lebron the basketball player. He makes everyone on his team better. The same cannot be said of Melo and Gay, and currently Lance. Last year and early this year Lance did the stuff that helped his teammates to be better players. It is what made him so valuable in the first place, and is the same reason why the Bobcats value McBob. He does the things that help the players around him to play to the best of their ability. Lance doesn't do that anymore. So while his stats still look good, he isn't doing the things that helped made the team as a whole so good.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  31. #145
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,959

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nuntius, if this team were playing in the WC do you think we would be playing for HCA. All im saying is our record is a bit misleading when you factor in were playing the JV conference. You can say well.. Miami.. this.. Miami .. that..

    Miami has raised two banners, played more games, and has rested DWADE, Oden, for about half the season. they get the benefit of the doubt.

    In all fairness, this Pacers team should have wrapped up HCA in the East ten games ago. Just don't let our record vs weak comp fool you. We got glaring weaknesses which I know you are well aware of.. and were about to get exposed if we don't get our ****** together ASAP.
    If this team was playing in the WC then we wouldn't be built that way. We're not in the WC, though, so it's irrelevant.

    Look, it's true that we have weaknesses. Our biggest weakness is that we went away from our smashmouth identity. We need to recapture that identity and utilize our front court. This team is not designed to win as a perimeter team.

    PS: The East has been quite good in 2014, by the way.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  33. #146
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    yall.. i got this growing hunch lance is just one of those guys that's got oodles of talent but rubs teammates the wrong way. i read this on a bulls forum and one of the commenters said would you want that guy on your team (ie lance Stephenson)

    think about it,,, its like boogie cousins.. great talent but a real pain in the *** to play with. i know guys like this.. anyone who has ever played the game has prob had an incident where a dude on your team was very highly skilled but he ither hogged the ball, or was just overall selfish in general. not saying that's lance but just using the example.

    sure that guy helped you win but ya hated playing with him. im wondering if lance has become that type of guy. i mean we all see his mannerisms on the court. as bad as hibbs may have been speaking to the media and hinting at lance as an issue at least he didn't do it on the court like lance has done at times.

    point blank,, the maturity of this team excluding DWEST is beginning to sicken me.

    im sick and tired of lances crazy *** antics on the court. the showmanship that has replaced sportsmanship to some degree. the immaturity of both PG and Lance each in their own way is too much for our starting lineup imo.

    if lance is the issue i would love to bring in turner and let him run with our first unit. he has a more polished and mature game that i hope would fit right in.

    just all the hot dogging etc etc that lance brings is uncalled for. i know some fans get into it but i don't believe it makes any difference in the win columns. i wish lance would realize that. PG im not sure what the hell to say about him.

    something suggests PG is one of the guys Bird referenced as not 100% committed to their job. anyways.. lances demeanor has really changed for the most part since right about or just prior to the Turner trade.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  35. #147

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned this or not regarding the Granger trade possibly affecting the team....

    Chicago is 26-13 since the Luol Deng trade. If this team is upset about the trade, they need to take a look at their collective bank accounts and get over it.

  36. #148
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,019

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned this or not regarding the Granger trade possibly affecting the team....

    Chicago is 26-13 since the Luol Deng trade. If this team is upset about the trade, they need to take a look at their collective bank accounts and get over it.
    I don't think it has anything to do with being upset over the trade, if that was the case you would see a lack of effort. They are still playing with effort, just not as a team. It may have affected the inner workings of the locker room, after all he was looked up to by most of the players and was most definitely a leader if not the leader in the locker room.

  37. #149
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,008

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly I wonder if we don't have another Jermaine O'Neal/Ron Artest thing going on.

    Jermaine was supposed to be the star player but Ron Artest did not feel like he was the best player on the team and in fact Ron felt like he deserved the attention that Jermaine was getting so it kept bubbling over and over and over till Ron and Jermaine could not get along.

    Well Paul is the star but Lance has actually played more consistent and at times better than Paul.

    I hate to admit this part but this is one of the reasons why you somewhat have to admire LeBron & Wade because they actually have made it work.
    That situation developed because JO wasn't as good as he thought he was and Artest was easily as important or more important to the team, yet JO demanded he be the leader and he be options 1, 2, and 3.... Total Diva.

    Reggie Miller had enough respect of the team, and maturity, to realize he needed both of those guys and so he could just play along. Artest OTOH wanted no part of playing along and humoring O'Neal. And Artest was also bats--- crazy. Meanwhile, O'Neal didn't have the maturity to realize how important Artest was to his own game or team success and continued to press all the wrong buttons.

    But the gist of it is, if you want to be the undisputed #1 on the team then you need to play like it. The rest then takes care of itself....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  39. #150
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Uncle Buck speaks....

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think you quite understand what anyone is saying, or the interactions between the players on the court. Carmelo Anthony puts up consistently great numbers, but his ego and style of play are not conducive to winning championships. Most teams these days seem to want to get rid of Rudy Gay as soon as they get him because despite his numbers, he doesn't help his teams max out their talent. This is why I have so much respect for Lebron the basketball player. He makes everyone on his team better. The same cannot be said of Melo and Gay, and currently Lance. Last year and early this year Lance did the stuff that helped his teammates to be better players. It is what made him so valuable in the first place, and is the same reason why the Bobcats value McBob. He does the things that help the players around him to play to the best of their ability. Lance doesn't do that anymore. So while his stats still look good, he isn't doing the things that helped made the team as a whole so good.
    Lance averages 11 shots a game, and leads the team in assists. He is no way like Rudy Gay or Carmelo Anthony.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •