Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

  1. #1
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    Dear Paul and Roy,

    Let me just start this out by saying that I appreciate the fact that you are both huge reasons for the simple fact that we are 51-20 right now and still one of top 5 teams (record wise at least in the NBA). I must at the very least say thank you for that, it is more pleasant in these darkest of times than being 20-51.

    Now that being said, let's also recognize the fact that I think at this point the two of you need to belly up to the bar and own up to the fact that the two biggest problems in this current Pacers slump have been the two of you. You are both letting the team down.

    I'm sure it probably sucks to hear that as much as it sucks for me to type it, but when was the last time either one of you really truly changed a Pacers game for the better? It feels like it has been ages. And I don't write this out of spite or to tell you that you both suck, no my message is the exact opposite. You're both better than this. You both have too much talent and have worked too hard to let yourselves and your teammates down by not getting out of this rut.

    The first step to doing this is admitting that you have a problem and more specifically that you both are the problem. Roy your decision to criticize your other teammates (Paul and West not included) via a passive aggressive comment to the media where you weren't even man enough to name names, was cowardly and an act not befitting the 7'2" captain of a 50 win team. You are better than that. I think you know it, own up to it. Throw yourself on the coals. For once criticize yourself in the open. Get out of your own head, we know you tell yourself how bad you are playing but it might actually help to get it off your chest. Let it out big dawg. We all already know you have been playing like crap anyway and maybe declaring it for the world will take it out of your own mind for once.

    Paul the same is true for you. Stop blaming the refs. Stop blaming a "slump". Stop sending dick pics to girls on cell phones there are plenty in Indianapolis that will look at your dick live and in the flesh I am sure. I know you are only 23 and there is a lot being asked of you, I know you just lost the guy you considered a mentor to a midseason trade. But life is not fair and your talent is so ****ing limitless that it would be a damn shame if you let either of these two things affect you.

    You both have to be leaders. You are the all stars. You are the offensive and defensive leaders of this team. Start acting like it. Start playing like it. If you don't want to do it for the fans, do it for yourselves or for your teammates. ****, do it for Danny if that makes you feel better. I really don't give a **** at this point, but you're both too damn talented to get your asses handed to you like this on a nightly basis.

    Roy what happened to the guy that rotated brilliantly on defense? Paul what happened to the guy who made offense look so smooth on a nightly basis that you had us all uttering your name in the same sentence as Lebron and Durant and not looking like complete imbeciles?

    Those guys aren't gone, or more specifically they're only gone if both of you choose to let them leave. It's all up to you.

    Sincerely,

    A disappointed, disgruntled, but still hopeful fan.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 03-24-2014 at 09:42 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    paul george need to stop crying all the damn time. i swear he takes the dumbest shots

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Member Taterhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,288

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    First off, GREAT post.

    But.........I would also throw David West in the mix.

    The reason he deserves to be in this conversation is not because of his play as much as it's because his relentless whining to the officials has infected the rest of the team. He's our leader, and the one guy who can change it, but he also happens to be the most guilty. He's got to change that to lead by example. He's the one guy who can grab PG by the arm and say "let it go young fella". But he can't do that and be effective at it when he is going bananas every time he gets a foul and yelling and1 every time he takes a shot.

    Just play ball.

    This teams problems are DEEP. But the solutions are pretty simple. It's not about playing through our wings, or playing through our bigs, it's about playing as a TEAM! Set good screens, run plays with urgency, share the ball, hit them boards, stay FOCUSED on the TASK.

    Wednesday can make or break our season. Miami is gonna be ready, we know that. And they are smelling the blood in the water. Everybody always says how lucky we are Miami has struggled right along with us. But how lucky are THEY? They are still in it despite their recent funk. And who do you have more faith in to recover from the funk? The CHAMPS? Or us? Idk, I believe in our guys but we definitely don't have LBJ to lean on.

    We have put our cards on the table by talking about home court all year long. And if we want it, we better bring it on Wednesday.
    "Don't get caught watchin' the paint dry"

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taterhead For This Useful Post:


  7. #4

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    Very well said Trader Joe

  8. #5
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,249

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A disappointed, disgruntled, but still hopeful fan.
    You have one up on me man.

    I've lost faith in this team. I would love for nothing more than them to prove me wrong, but I have simply lost faith in this team. Quite frankly I think they have too.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  10. #6

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But.........I would also throw David West in the mix.
    And I would like to throw George Hill into the mix. You know, the starter who completely disappears for weeks at a time yet keeps collecting that inflated contract of his and rarely gets mentioned as a problem for this team.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,689
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    It hasn't been great results lately, but at least they are giving effort. The defensive intensity is there, our offense will come eventually, and when it does we will be right back where we want to be. I'm not giving up on our boys until there is no other choice.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  14. #8

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    The leadership is missing at this point. West and Hill should step it up as the more mature guys to settle this team down.

    Also, what has happened to the bench production? I mean the starter gets the bulk of the responsibility but it was supposed to improve after the inclusion of Evan Turner.

  15. #9
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The leadership is missing at this point. West and Hill should step it up as the more mature guys to settle this team down.

    Also, what has happened to the bench production? I mean the starter gets the bulk of the responsibility but it was supposed to improve after the inclusion of Evan Turner.
    Bird kinda messed that up. Team needs a deep threat shooter. Turner isn't that, but I do like Turner. And they don't play Cope (though recently he's been getting some PT). CJ is sorely missed.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  16. #10
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    It's just so frustrating because we all know what they are capable of when they are at their best, like in the playoffs last year. They are the ultimate duo when they are at the top of their game - a great wing and an awesome interior defender who looks like Hakeem against the Heat. But right now, one of them is playing like a fragile wuss while the other is ruining the offense by trying to be Kevin Durant.

  17. #11
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    Trader Joe just brought his A game, well done.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Member piggyKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    87
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First off, GREAT post.

    But.........I would also throw David West in the mix.

    The reason he deserves to be in this conversation is not because of his play as much as it's because his relentless whining to the officials has infected the rest of the team. He's our leader, and the one guy who can change it, but he also happens to be the most guilty. He's got to change that to lead by example. He's the one guy who can grab PG by the arm and say "let it go young fella". But he can't do that and be effective at it when he is going bananas every time he gets a foul and yelling and1 every time he takes a shot.

    Just play ball.

    This teams problems are DEEP. But the solutions are pretty simple. It's not about playing through our wings, or playing through our bigs, it's about playing as a TEAM! Set good screens, run plays with urgency, share the ball, hit them boards, stay FOCUSED on the TASK.

    Wednesday can make or break our season. Miami is gonna be ready, we know that. And they are smelling the blood in the water. Everybody always says how lucky we are Miami has struggled right along with us. But how lucky are THEY? They are still in it despite their recent funk. And who do you have more faith in to recover from the funk? The CHAMPS? Or us? Idk, I believe in our guys but we definitely don't have LBJ to lean on.

    We have put our cards on the table by talking about home court all year long. And if we want it, we better bring it on Wednesday.
    I hope there's a way the team reads this thread. Frank should also post these phrases in bold in their locker room.

  20. #13
    Member thewholefnshow31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    Could not agree more TJ especially about your point with Hibbert and the media. He should have just kept his mouth shut and taken it up with Lance behind closed doors. You do not air your dirty laundry. Unless you are jumping on the sword you just give the media stock answers and move on.

    The bottom line is our two best players have just fallen apart and until they get it together this team is not going anywhere. I think it is more frustrating with PG because we saw him play and put himself close to the top of the league. At that level he would have gone down as the best Pacers ever, but now we have just watched him plummet down and get involved with an illegitimate child and sending dick picks to dudes. We go from hearing the media talk about him in the same breath as KD and Lebron to hearing them talk about him in the same breath as Manti Te'o

  21. #14
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by LeRyan07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    paul george need to stop crying all the damn time. i swear he takes the dumbest shots
    the refs won't give him calls if he does that, but lebron does it too and he gets all the calls. It's really messed up
    Smothered Chicken!

  22. #15
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,205

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the refs won't give him calls if he does that, but lebron does it too and he gets all the calls. It's really messed up
    Lebron is a superstar. PG is not. He thinks he has arrived, but the refs beg to differ. LOL

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  24. #16

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    I think someone needs to write a letter to Lance too. Lance isn't the only one to blame, or even most to blame (the entire starting lineup probably deserves equal blame), but I think turning Lance around can be a catalyst for the rest of the team - especially since they seem to use Lance as a scapegoat, probably because hes the most inexperienced.

    Lance needs to get over the all-star snub, get over the Evan Turner trade, and get over the contract year thing and go back to playing like he did in the first half of the season. The difference in his assists before and after the all-star game is not a coincidence. He's too versatile and valuable to our offense to play selfish and stupid basketball, even if PG24 is doing the same - because no one, not even Paul George, has a more positive effect on our offense than when Lance is playing well and playing unselfishly.

    And if the contract year thing is having an effect, someone needs to tell Lance that whatever he was doing in the first half of the season will get him way more money than what he's doing now - PPG isnt the only stat that matters.

    Granted, Lance might be the only Pacer shooting well right now, so again, I'm not solely blaming him for the team's struggles - but I think hes the player that can most quickly get them out of this slump, because of his style of play - when he plays unselfishly, its INFECTIOUS because of the energy he plays with - and that even translates onto the defensive end IMO.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to SkipperZ For This Useful Post:


  26. #17
    Dutch Pacers Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    555

    Default Re: Open Letter to Paul George and Roy Hibbert

    Since I don't feel like this deserving of its own thread, I agree with a lot of the sentiments echoed here! We need to stop crying and feeling sorry for ourselves. I stumbled upon this and it makes me think about Big Roy. Tonight is the night he can make a statement. We saw some glimpses of what he can do against the Knicks in the 3rd quarter, he has not lost it. Time to step up to the plate big fella! Let the world know that you will crush the Heat and that the Oden experiment is just a joke! They can't stop your power and size! Remember the photo from the offseason, where you made Tim Duncan look like a small guy! Play like you can, throw stuff down with authority! We want to shout HIBBASHAQ tonight! Don't worry about not getting stats, just play the right way! I want you to bully the Heat so they know they don't stand a chance against the biggest man in the NBA!

    [/pregamerant]
    yay, we're going back to the play-offs!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •