Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 141 of 141

Thread: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

  1. #126

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you're Lebron and the Heat, you try to bait PG into some 1 on 1 competition with Lebron. Lebron being the smart player that he is will no doubt bait PG into trying to show him up. The result will be a 6-19 outing from PG and a Pacer loss.
    Yes, that is true. Also, they will double team him immediately and he will dribble and will then turn it over.
    Our guys no longer think they have to prove anything. They think they are better than they actually are. This leads to awful decisions and poor teamwork.
    National media was crowning them mid-year and they showed their immaturity and lack of intelligence by believing it.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,895

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Did anyone else see Joakim grab a rebound over Roy, start yelling, and then jump with the ball? I had to rewind it to make sure my eyes weren't missing something, but I gotta say, it was one of the best no-calls I've seen from the Worlds Best Officiating league.

    Not that it influenced the game, it just cracks me up to see stuff that refs catch in 6th grade games watch NBA players do it and not blow the whistle.
    Last edited by Since86; 03-25-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  5. #128

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    At this point this goes beyond a slump they better get it together Miami is coming tomorrow.

    And the playoffs shortly after.

  6. #129

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen enough.

    Most of you know me I am slow to make any rash judgments. Never get too high or too low. Always think things tend to even out and a team is never as good as they seem after a win or as bad as it seems after a loss.

    But there is something wrong with this team. The effort is still generally good, but something is really missing, this is not the same team we saw through the first half of the season or in the playoffs last year.


    The fire is gone, the chemistry is gone, the togetherness is gone, the fight is gone, the sense that if I don't get the job done my teammate will be there to back me up - is completely gone. Put simply I see the trust that is needed to be a winning team has vanished. As we all know in any relationship once the trust is gone, it is almost impossible to get it back.

    And let me be 100% clear. 100% clear about this. This has nothing, zero, nada to do with the bench players. No this is the starters, plain and simple. The chemistry has fallen apart amongst the 5 starters. They are not playing like a team, they are not together.

    Two simple plays I saw tonight that had to do with body language. (and believe me it is not just tonight, it has been through the past probably 20 games). There was a 2 on 1 fast-break PG had the ball on the left side of the floor, lance was on the right side of the floor. Lance wanted a lob (not really sure It was there - that isn't really the point - PG ends up missing the shot, Lance looks at PG after the play with hands out, as if saying why didn't you pass the ball. PG never looked at Lance at all - on purpose, (there was a timeout right after that play) they didn't walk to the bench together. It was an obvious situation. A yelling or screaming argument would have been more encouraging to me. Sort of like a relationship when things are really bad you actually stop fighting - you just don't care anymore.

    The other one Lance pulls up and takes an early three, and if you look at the reaction of PG, Roy and Hill (West wasn't visible, he was off camera) each of those three players had a disgusted reaction, none tried to even attempt a rebound. I've watched enough basketball, played enough basketball back in my day to know the look and reaction. I've been on teams where a player or two doesn't play team ball, and it tears the team apart. That is what I saw tonight and what has been evident over the past few weeks.

    Sort of like at work, when a co-worker isn't being a team player and you decide you are going to just do your job, keep your head down, not care about your co-workers, every person for themselves. If they aren't going to be team players, then I certainly am not, and I have to look out for myself anyway. Not that you quit doing your job, but your sense of caring for your c-worker and the company, organization, team is gone. You care about yourself only.

    That is what has happened (past tense)

    Let me make something else very clear, I am not blaming anyone in particular. I'll blame all 5 starters - each and every one of them. It is their fault. To me they look sick of each other. If this team fails in the playoffs, however you want to define that, the starting 5 has to be changed in a significant way. Probably 2 of the 5 starters have to be moved. And I am not suggesting who it should be, it might not matter, but these 5 might not be able to play well together again for extended periods of time. Some relationships start hot and fizzle quickly, maybe that is what we are seeing.
    please, Please, PLEASE send this to Pacer management. Please make sure the players get this because this is 1000% the absolute truth.

  7. #130
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone else see Joakim grab a rebound over Roy, start yelling, and then jump with the ball? I had to rewind it to make sure my eyes weren't missing something, but I gotta say, it was one of the best no-calls I've seen from the Worlds Best Officiating league.

    Not that it influenced the game, it just cracks me up to see stuff that refs catch in 6th grade games watch NBA players do it and not blow the whistle.
    There were some interesting plays that there were no fouls throughout. But officiating did not have an impact on the outcome of the game
    "We want Miami"

  8. #131

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't you think Frank has hit on that time and time again during this funk? Are they just tuning him out?
    We have a good group of very smart coaches. I KNOW they are addressing these very issues and we are seeing no improvement. In fact, it is getting worse. That's why I believe that (some) players are doing their own thing. The best motivator in the history of sports IS THE BENCH. Yet, we never see that used to correct awful shot selection, poor decisions, selfish play.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to greyhound80 For This Useful Post:


  10. #132
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,377

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There were some interesting plays that there were no fouls throughout. But officiating did not have an impact on the outcome of the game
    On that crazy 4pt swing with PG getting blocked by Captain Kirk and Gibson throwing a thunder dunk. You can plainly see that Boozer comes in and shoves West under the basket and into the cameras. Thats a blatant no call that enabled that 4pt swing. That put the game out of reach for Indiana, killed all momentum.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  12. #133
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,119

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've become what we always hated.
    I said a while back that the Pacers are slowly turning into the type of team I like to root against. Disappointing to say the least. I saw signs of it early this year when we were winning. All the posing and chest pounding after every good play. Karma has come home to roost. When will our players wake up? I don't know.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  14. #134
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On that crazy 4pt swing with PG getting blocked by Captain Kirk and Gibson throwing a thunder dunk. You can plainly see that Boozer comes in and shoves West under the basket and into the cameras. Thats a blatant no call that enabled that 4pt swing. That put the game out of reach for Indiana, killed all momentum.
    okay i see your point, but the Pacers played so poorly all night, I'm not so sure they could have won with that call going their way
    "We want Miami"

  15. #135

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    okay i see your point, but the Pacers played so poorly all night, I'm not so sure they could have won with that call going their way
    Well if it makes you feel any better, I was watching the Blazers/Heat game last night and before Lebron scored the game winning layup, Ray Allen trying to get free just blasted Wesley Matthews in the back before the ball was in-bounded. Should've been a foul on Miami but you know, those crazy NBA refs.

  16. #136
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,895

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    The push in the back was horrible, but if Paul changes back into his big boy pants, you're looking at a 3pt game with the Bulls taking the ball out of bounds or with a FT looking to cut further into the lead.

    Paul had his coronation by faking his step back 3 and then driving the lane to unleash a monster dunk on Birdman. PG settles for that 3, and has no desire of actually finishing the layup, now.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  18. #137
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,871

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've become what we always hated.
    I'm not sure if you're talking about the team or this board.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  20. #138
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On that crazy 4pt swing with PG getting blocked by Captain Kirk and Gibson throwing a thunder dunk. You can plainly see that Boozer comes in and shoves West under the basket and into the cameras. Thats a blatant no call that enabled that 4pt swing. That put the game out of reach for Indiana, killed all momentum.
    It was actually Jimmy Butler who shoved him, he and West were getting into it.

    Anyway though, it was a bad call, but we deserved it after Paul let Kirk strip him.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  22. #139
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The push in the back was horrible, but if Paul changes back into his big boy pants, you're looking at a 3pt game with the Bulls taking the ball out of bounds or with a FT looking to cut further into the lead.

    Paul had his coronation by faking his step back 3 and then driving the lane to unleash a monster dunk on Birdman. PG settles for that 3, and has no desire of actually finishing the layup, now.
    And this is my point here.

    I've been getting at it for a while, but Paul is so concerned with the call that is steps are these when he drives.

    1.) Drive to the basket
    2.) Hope for the call
    3.) Throw the ball at the rim
    4.) Complain to the refs regardless of outcome

    Guys like Lebron do it like this
    1.) Drive to the basket
    2.) Attack the hoop looking to finish the basket first
    3.) Force the call to be made by being the aggressor
    4.) Finish the play regardless of a whistle or not

    Paul used to do that, but now he doesn't even think about finishing the shot.

    Basketball, like most sports, rewards the aggressor.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #140

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And this is my point here.

    I've been getting at it for a while, but Paul is so concerned with the call that is steps are these when he drives.

    1.) Drive to the basket
    2.) Hope for the call
    3.) Throw the ball at the rim
    4.) Complain to the refs regardless of outcome

    Guys like Lebron do it like this
    1.) Drive to the basket
    2.) Attack the hoop looking to finish the basket first
    3.) Force the call to be made by being the aggressor
    4.) Finish the play regardless of a whistle or not

    Paul used to do that, but now he doesn't even think about finishing the shot.

    Basketball, like most sports, rewards the aggressor.
    Pretty much, he looks for the foul rather than the basket.

  24. #141
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,463

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Bulls Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And this is my point here.

    I've been getting at it for a while, but Paul is so concerned with the call that is steps are these when he drives.

    1.) Drive to the basket
    2.) Hope for the call
    3.) Throw the ball at the rim
    4.) Complain to the refs regardless of outcome

    Guys like Lebron do it like this
    1.) Drive to the basket
    2.) Attack the hoop looking to finish the basket first
    3.) Force the call to be made by being the aggressor
    4.) Finish the play regardless of a whistle or not

    Paul used to do that, but now he doesn't even think about finishing the shot.

    Basketball, like most sports, rewards the aggressor.
    Yeah, on that three pointer where he just sort of threw his hands in the air I almost threw my remote at the screen.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •